Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

how to open the front window while the power is out is left as an exercise for the reader

how easy is it to accidentally open the door when you wanted to roll down the windows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

Munin posted:

Is that the corroding bolts "in cold climates" that they've been having for years or a different balls-up I haven't heard of?

https://twitter.com/phoennix10/status/1001620241829384192?s=20

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

refleks posted:

do you understand how insane that description is?

"just gotta do some insanely convoluted stuff to escape my death trap"

it's "just gotta drill a hole in my door and attach an aftermarket strap to an internal cable to be able to open my rear doors in an emergency"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

elon is just a big fan of the saw movies is all

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

it's "just gotta drill a hole in my door and attach an aftermarket strap to an internal cable to be able to open my rear doors in an emergency"

this may come as a surprise but all the doors on my car open and close without power and came that way from the factory

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

same energy

https://twitter.com/casey/status/1283937060080898048

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

I think this is the guy who responded to a bullshit ticket for not riding in the bike lane by filming himself running into every obstacle in the bike lane

iow good energy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mod saas posted:

this may come as a surprise but all the doors on my car open and close without power and came that way from the factory

sounds like some legacy tech to me. definitely not the kind of thing you'll get from the highest market cap manufacturer in the world

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

millionaire cannot afford a toilet repair man

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

go play outside Skyler posted:

millionaire cannot afford a toilet repair man

you don't get to be a millionaire by wasting money on luxuries like toilet repairs

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
lol, just lol, if you hire a toilet repair man in a pandemic

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I did better castings from recycled soda cans. Holy poo poo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
love my foamy car

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

oops, Al foam

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

How is this even possible?

https://twitter.com/alexpham__/status/1283843348432748544?s=20

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

love the cards though

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Giving British Leyland a run for their for money...

Mommy what is quality control

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

easily possible, just grab a random left doors and random right doors and don't give a gently caress about the color

everyone downstream doesn't give a gently caress either

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

2017 was a simpler time

https://europe.autonews.com/article/20170404/BLOG15/304049899/will-the-quality-ghosts-of-british-leyland-haunt-tesla

Europe Autonews posted:

We don’t know if Musk has overruled Tesla’s engineers about testing the Model 3 before regular production begins. But it’s a grave mistake not to put the car through the most rigorous real-world testing Tesla is capable of performing.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

refleks posted:

Giving British Leyland a run for their for money...

I mean, hey now: let's no one say things we can't take back?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Because you gave him money and you apparently accepted delivery on it so why would he waste money on quality inspections?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
that car is special and valuable, like the inverted jenny

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I mean panel gaps, missing pieces, etc, I kind of understand if you're just not paying attention. The complete opposite color is impossible to miss unless you're Helen Keller or you think we're going through a new ska revival.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
hup hup pick it up

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019
The ghost of Chip Foose possessed the car and started hitting things with the two tone stick

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CampingCarl posted:

Because you gave him money and you apparently accepted delivery on it so why would he waste money on quality inspections?

yeah, it turns out you can sell these fuckwits anything even remotely car shaped

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i can't wait for someone to post their loving P-P-P-Powerbook tesla made of injection molded plastic and spare ball bearings

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Penguissimo posted:

I think this is the guy who responded to a bullshit ticket for not riding in the bike lane by filming himself running into every obstacle in the bike lane

iow good energy
nine years ago :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ
ACAB in 2011 just like 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Elysiume posted:

nine years ago :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ
ACAB in 2011 just like 2020

lol i only knew that name as someone who i think was a youtube mans so inherently scoffed at the notion?? but i laffed at this video

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I'm sorry what? Literally any metalworking nerd could cast better parst in their backyard.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

evil_bunnY posted:

I'm sorry what? Literally any metalworking nerd could cast better parst in their backyard.

sorry i cant hear you over the whomp whomps

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

MomJeans420 posted:

I mean panel gaps, missing pieces, etc, I kind of understand if you're just not paying attention. The complete opposite color is impossible to miss unless you're Helen Keller or you think we're going through a new ska revival.

you are a factory worker. your job is to take the first available trim in the bin and apply to door on the line. you have 20 seconds to do this. one day mid shift you start to do this, but it’s the wrong color:

if you’re at toyota you hit the kaizen button and the entire line stops until they can figure out where the process is broken causing you to not have the right part

if you’re at gm, you pick one of the other trim parts in the bin that’s the right color out of order and keep the line running.

if you are you are at kia you are only making one color interior this shift so it doesn’t happen

if you’re at ford, you apply the incorrect trim but flag for quality control for review for rework

if you’re at tesla you just put the wrong part in because volume is the only metric that matters and when it gets to qc they have bigger fires than cosmetic problems; elon is railing research chemicals and club kids and you don’t want to get his attention for lowering production

in a well actually fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 18, 2020

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

*extreme Jeremy Clarkson voice*

RUINED BY MINKIES

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
related lol

https://twitter.com/dietwrite/status/1029838596159619072

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

$78,000 lol

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

duomo posted:

the cask of istillovethecartho

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

for the love of car, muskelon!!!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Teslas are the new TVRs. Each one "hand made" so only 50% of the panels fit, incredibly unreliable and with a die hard fan base.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
tvrs have style though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

teslas have a style.

a terribly dated early 2010s style