Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

The telepathy mod glitched out in my game, I managed to clone my spouse 2 times so now I have 3 of her in my army. I was confused why she was running a party, was in my party and also a governor in my castle, so I disbanded the party and told her to join my party 2 times.

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Has the game changed much since the first month of release/have any good mods come out? Had fun playing it at release but burned out pretty quickly.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How much is the AI cheating anyways in terms of influence etc? I'm trying to dismantle Sturgia, they somehow have the funds/influence to hire 8 minor clans on their payroll with only one city left.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm playing on Very Easy, which means that army battles aren't super duper hard, even when outnumbered by 100 or so troops. With proper tactics I can even take on about 250 above what I have, depending on if most of their composition are just raw recruits. All except the Aserai, who summarily smoked my rear end. They had about ~75 more troops than mine and mine weren't low level shlubs either. Is there something about their troops that are hella bananas compared to the, say, Battanians (which have been at war with the Souther Empire for a bazillion years at this point in my game)?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Aserai have the best archer in the game thats not the fian champion, their cav is good and the rest of their line is pretty meh. I think its mostly the cav/archer mix thats an issue.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Hey folks, I'm getting back into the game after playing a bit at launch. What're the current recommended mods/tweaks? At the time I had a dev console enabled, smithing stamina eliminated, some general tweak mod that I forget, and something that made higher-level prisoners recruitable.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

I'm always going to push my own mod of additions, tweaks, extra units, etc.

Located here: PowerUp Mod (LATEST BETA BRANCH e1.4.2)

I think there's also community patch as well which fixes a lot of the perks.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Fishbus posted:

I'm always going to push my own mod of additions, tweaks, extra units, etc.

I think there's also community patch as well which fixes a lot of the perks.

Does this include the perk fixes, or will I need the community fixes too?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It's frustrating how you seem to never get to do siege defense. I saw Lucon leading an army of like 1800 guys to besiege one of our towns but then as soon as I beat him to the town with my army and boost the defense to like 800 he instantly decides to turn around and go to siege someplace else. then i leave to follow him and he turns beak around to go towards the town whose defender count apparently decreased by like 2/3. then i enter the town again and he charges his mind again

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Shear Modulus posted:

It's frustrating how you seem to never get to do siege defense. I saw Lucon leading an army of like 1800 guys to besiege one of our towns but then as soon as I beat him to the town with my army and boost the defense to like 800 he instantly decides to turn around and go to siege someplace else. then i leave to follow him and he turns beak around to go towards the town whose defender count apparently decreased by like 2/3. then i enter the town again and he charges his mind again

I managed to get one where I was badly outnumbered enough that the AI didn't run off. The moment I stuck my head over the battlements I got alpha striked by like 6 archers which was interesting because when I'm attacking my archers can't hit theirs for poo poo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shear Modulus posted:

The most frustrating part of this is the fact that the second you leave they like pop out of the ground and besiege the castle.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

Arcturas posted:

Does this include the perk fixes, or will I need the community fixes too?

It's seperate, so you'll need the community patch / perk fixes as well.

My mod basically assumes all the broken stuff is fixed or will be fixed by devs, so my stuff is more additional and extra features.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I started playing around with modding and managed to make myself some horse archers where 20 of them can take out an army of 300+. So much fun.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Shear Modulus posted:

It's frustrating how you seem to never get to do siege defense.

Using the ballista is a lot of fun, although I usually stand next to a barrel of arrows and go ballistic (pun intended) with my bow.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
One time on an offensive siege I found an arrow bucket to refill off of. Ever since that magical time my seiging gear is a bow and three quivers. I usually run out anyway and I am not above head-shotting one of my own archers to take all of his arrows. I'll get ten times as many kills as he would have anyway.

Not sure why the idea of a bucket of arrows is mystical mumbo jumbo beyond comprehension of mere mortals but there you have it.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

One time on an offensive siege I found an arrow bucket to refill off of. Ever since that magical time my seiging gear is a bow and three quivers. I usually run out anyway and I am not above head-shotting one of my own archers to take all of his arrows. I'll get ten times as many kills as he would have anyway.

Not sure why the idea of a bucket of arrows is mystical mumbo jumbo beyond comprehension of mere mortals but there you have it.

Good to know I didn't hallucinate the one time I found one behind a mantlet! Haven't seen one since

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I can never find arrow buckets on offense and quivers seem to despawn real quickly after someone dies (at least on my 7 year old computer's settings).

Offensive sieges would be way more fun if you could make more than one siege weapon before the defender's weapons instantly destroy them. How about letting us build them out of range then wheel them up all at once?

Also speaking of sieges is wall health or needing to repair walls implemented?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

I can never find arrow buckets on offense and quivers seem to despawn real quickly after someone dies (at least on my 7 year old computer's settings).

Offensive sieges would be way more fun if you could make more than one siege weapon before the defender's weapons instantly destroy them. How about letting us build them out of range then wheel them up all at once?

Also speaking of sieges is wall health or needing to repair walls implemented?

Wall health is in during the strategic map phase of the siege. If the place you're besieging doesn't have engines pre-built you can get siege engine supremacy by building them before your ram and towers and they'll eventually breach the walls. Don't know if it's possible to breach during the assault phase

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Wall health is in during the strategic map phase of the siege. If the place you're besieging doesn't have engines pre-built you can get siege engine supremacy by building them before your ram and towers and they'll eventually breach the walls. Don't know if it's possible to breach during the assault phase

They usually have at least one already or get one built by the time I build the siege camp

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

If it's just one you can usually take them down in my experience. I always build trebuchets which might help. They only take a little longer than the regular catapults but have significantly higher HP and damage

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I've also noticed that even if you don't breach but do some wall damage during the map phase, in the assault the walls will be missing a few battlements, making it a bit easier to snipe their dudes

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Shear Modulus posted:

They usually have at least one already or get one built by the time I build the siege camp

I think the strategy is immediately pulling back your siege weapons as they finish, then moving them back up once you outnumber the castle's weapons.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Heaven help you if you don't build a ram. The defender density is awful without one.

It's standard for my guy to snipe 40+ defenders (I collect a few nearby arrows when I run out) before joining the scrum with a battle axe. The main goal is to terrorize the enemy's archers, followed by sniping some of the melee ladder defenders to help carve a breach. I also try to prioritize taking out the ballista operators.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You gotta be loving kidding me. I can't create my own kingdom and complete the quest because creating your own kingdom unticks the "be an independent clan" requirement.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You gotta be loving kidding me. I can't create my own kingdom and complete the quest because creating your own kingdom unticks the "be an independent clan" requirement.

That got me too! I wasn't sure how to even google a solution. If anyone knows how to fix it, that'd be rad...

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Happened to me too, I just let it time out.

Speaking of, don't bother making a kingdom without the "clans dont leave" mod. Even if you can persuade anyone to join you they will leave 1 day later because you're so weak on the power scale.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ok I figured it out. I was trying to make a non-empire kingdom while being an imperial character and owning imperial fiefs. I don't want to unite the drat empire I want to destroy it! drat byzantines.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

make like a true child of rome and destroy it from the inside

Spacehams
Jun 3, 2007

sometimes people are mean, and I think they should try being nice
Grimey Drawer

BigHead posted:

Your can easily scale this up with mods. I just killed a stack of 2000 with my 400 man army of t12 murder machines.

Which one are you using for this? I'd love to have some massive looter armies running around.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I can't figure out the economy in this for poo poo. A brewery makes money hand over fist in any town because they all have grain coming in but I can't make a silversmith make a decent profit despite there being a village with a silver mine right next to the town. I make more switching it to olive oil and that does about as well as the winery which actually has grapes coming in.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Optimus Prime Rib posted:

Which one are you using for this? I'd love to have some massive looter armies running around.

Kaoses party sizes. It's dead as of 1.4.1 though. I don't know if there's a replacement. Boogies troop upgrades for getting your dudes up to, like, t15. Boogies works in 1.4.1.

Also, on siege chat, I rush a ladder and try to be the first up. Then I stand 2 or 3 rungs below the battlement. The defending militia will fall off the battlement trying to swing at me, killing several dozen guys and clearing the way for me to jump up and defend the ladders while my army follows.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

I've updated my mod with a few new things:

- New Vlandian units in the elite unit tree (where banner knights are) which are knights with a crossbow backup.
- You increase relations with nearby notables when defeating looter parties, increasing according to their strength/size.
- Fixed some random crashes according to generating new games and during sieges (duplicates and null names)

More info and DL

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Fishbus posted:

I've updated my mod with a few new things:

- New Vlandian units in the elite unit tree (where banner knights are) which are knights with a crossbow backup.
- You increase relations with nearby notables when defeating looter parties, increasing according to their strength/size.
- Fixed some random crashes according to generating new games and during sieges (duplicates and null names)

More info and DL

Do you run any other mods alongside yours? I'd definitely hop back in if I could get a modlist that's confirmed to play nice

E: Ah, reread the description and sounds like you might not. Guess I'll try it by itself :)

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 16, 2020

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

Lprsti99 posted:

Do you run any other mods alongside yours? I'd definitely hop back in if I could get a modlist that's confirmed to play nice

E: Ah, reread the description and sounds like you might not. Guess I'll try it by itself :)

The thing is - I haven't tried it with anything else, so it may work, it may not. Because I'm doing gamemodel swaps, it's efficient and safe (since it's supported by the actual game code as the recommended way to edit stuff) and it's relatively small, it's an additive dll, without removing or overriding anything else.

Still, it isn't 100% safe with other mods, since some mods just do straight up injection or dll replacement, which while it fixes more in depth issues, becomes hard to work alongside others as well.

I just like my mod, since it's additive, I could fix stuff like the patch, but that will get fixed by taleworlds eventually, so i prefer working on new stuff that will always be desired in some way.

Fishbus fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 17, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think I'm going to have to put this down until it's done. I just went through a couple of battles where I absolutely crushed a few huge southern empire armies (about 1000 units per army) and they just bounced right back like it was nothing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I think I'm going to have to put this down until it's done. I just went through a couple of battles where I absolutely crushed a few huge southern empire armies (about 1000 units per army) and they just bounced right back like it was nothing.

Vassals escape captivity and reform large armies far too quickly. They're like agents in The Matrix, they don't stop reappearing.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
In my most recent game I've decided to execute any ruler I come across. Effective.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
are they all on a long vacation or what

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

are they all on a long vacation or what

In their blog post like a month ago they said they decided to do a big refactor and I assume that everything broke as tends to happen when you do that.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

There was mention of the perk system being reworked. That could be a relatively accurate reason given the time.

Something not too dissimilar to the skyrim perk tree would be good.

I think the attribute stuff can be weird, as an example, since why would I care about control? Do i want to be good at all bows, crossbows and throwing? I feel it would be redundant, similar with polearms, singlehanded and twohanded weapons.

I'd rather see something like crossbows, engineering and smithing in the same attribute, since it's mechanical/crafting. A thought along these lines is that there are 3 types of skill scopes, Personal(yourself), Squad(Your army/party) and Economy(your kingdom). Grouping them up in that way may prove to be more interesting. Again , two handed and polearm can be condensed into one, and defence (shield and armours) can be seen as the third option

Fishbus fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 18, 2020