Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

*Stops 6' past the sensor*

"HNNNG THIS LIGHT TAKES FOREVER TO CHANGE!"

Or the people that stop like 1/4 mile back from the light & hold everyone else up with the absolute slowest acceleration ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

xzzy posted:

It's 100% not like that everywhere. Where I learned to drive (Alaska) stopping in an intersection (and the crosswalk) is forbidden at all times. So if you want to turn left, you have to stay behind the stop line until you can drive all the way through without stopping.

That's odd, but only that it's statewide? I suppose. There are plenty of cities that paint lines and have "don't block the box" type things like in NYC. They have to because of traffic, otherwise it turns into gridlock. Anything that's not a place like that.....nah....you have control of the intersection you have control of the intersection and it's all good.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Or the people that stop like 1/4 mile back from the light & hold everyone else up with the absolute slowest acceleration ever

On that first note, what the hell is up with people stopping waaaaay the gently caress back behind railroad crossings? I see it all over the system I run, but there's on particular crossing that blows my mind because it's a six lane road and we only creep through at 20 mph. Invariably, the cars will stop about 100 feet back like I'm about to jump the train off the tracks and chase them down. I haven't seen any unusual markings on the pavement, so I'm stumped. It just throws me off when I go through there in rush hour and there's six lanes of cars, all packed with commuters going home and stopped super far away.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Tex Avery posted:

On that first note, what the hell is up with people stopping waaaaay the gently caress back behind railroad crossings? I see it all over the system I run, but there's on particular crossing that blows my mind because it's a six lane road and we only creep through at 20 mph. Invariably, the cars will stop about 100 feet back like I'm about to jump the train off the tracks and chase them down. I haven't seen any unusual markings on the pavement, so I'm stumped. It just throws me off when I go through there in rush hour and there's six lanes of cars, all packed with commuters going home and stopped super far away.

Its so they can play on phones in their car. That's always the reason drivers do anything stupid.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Tex Avery posted:

I think they get confused.
Most RR Crossings look like

================ (Limit line)

---------------------------------

RXR
----------------------------------

People think one of the other lines is the limit line. Which is honestly reasonable in a vacuum because the limit line is supposed to be the first solid white line, not the 3rd.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I drive a tinfoil sweet wrapper in comparison to your train, I'd stop a hundred miles away if I could.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Aw, it's not that bad! Give yourself some credit!

The ratio of car:train is closer to soda can:car

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Tex Avery posted:

Invariably, the cars will stop about 100 feet back like I'm about to jump the train off the tracks and chase them down.
You mean Wrongfully Accused wasn't a documentary?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjbUnn32_zU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Crossposting from the YOSPOS Tesla thread:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Tesla owns

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I like the part where he admits to being stoned and yet still is summoning his vehicle to drive.

AI is definitely the future though!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Parking lots are a nightmare for self driving poo poo, it should be one of the last places to implement, not the first

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/_kingthebarber/status/1281380232365092865

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
:females:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well drat, Hope Tesla picks up on this to customize FSD.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMNZrdh6f4

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Given the rest of the broken English I'd say he meant 'stunned' instead of stoned. Of course, not only did he buy a model X but also posts on Tesla fan forums so who can say for sure.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

SMH homeboy doesn't know the rule of never lift

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I noticed another cyclist blowing through a four-way stop yesterday, near the same place I saw one do the same thing and give me the finger for taking my right-of-way the other day, but this time I paid a little bit more attention to the full situation, and I realized why it was happening: they don't have stop signs, because in each case they were going the wrong way on a one-way street.

Seems like either the bike lanes should be marked to indicate they are one-way only, or an extra stop sign should be added. This is exacerbated by the fact that there are a few two-way bike lanes on one-way streets in my city.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

PT6A posted:

I noticed another cyclist blowing through a four-way stop yesterday, near the same place I saw one do the same thing and give me the finger for taking my right-of-way the other day, but this time I paid a little bit more attention to the full situation, and I realized why it was happening: they don't have stop signs, because in each case they were going the wrong way on a one-way street.

Seems like either the bike lanes should be marked to indicate they are one-way only, or an extra stop sign should be added. This is exacerbated by the fact that there are a few two-way bike lanes on one-way streets in my city.

do the bike lanes not have arrows on them? the ones here do.

ive definitely almost eaten poo poo on my bike because someone rounded a corner on their bike into the bike lane going the wrong way on a one-way. bikes are vehicles too but it seems like literally nobody besides me treats them that way

when i was in school and riding to class, out of the hundreds of bicyclists i would see in a week, i think one or two were simultaneously following road rules, in the bike lane, going the right way, wearing a helmet. its insane how prevalent assholes are

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Raluek posted:

do the bike lanes not have arrows on them? the ones here do.

ive definitely almost eaten poo poo on my bike because someone rounded a corner on their bike into the bike lane going the wrong way on a one-way. bikes are vehicles too but it seems like literally nobody besides me treats them that way

when i was in school and riding to class, out of the hundreds of bicyclists i would see in a week, i think one or two were simultaneously following road rules, in the bike lane, going the right way, wearing a helmet. its insane how prevalent assholes are

I don't think they do, but the streets are clearly indicated as one-way streets and these bike lanes (unlike the ones which are properly two-way on a one-way street) aren't separated by a curb and don't have a dividing line down the middle of the bike lane itself, so they are clearly meant to be one-way only. That being said, it would be a good idea to have directional arrows painted on the bike paths and perhaps extra stop signs for the "wrong way" just to increase safety.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Causal cyclists riding down the road on the wrong side of the road are the worst.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

TotalLossBrain posted:

Causal cyclists riding down the road on the wrong side of the road are the worst.

Also when they don't follow the signals and charge across the intersection once they see cross traffic has the red. I have a green arrow to take my left but nope, thanks to this rear end in a top hat puttering across, the people behind me will sit here until the next cycle of the lights.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

This may be old because it's on a Twitter account that just posts dumb poo poo all the time, but I haven't seen it before:

https://twitter.com/RealMindofJson/status/1282796817743306754?s=20

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ah the Peter Griffith approach to hauling a couch out of the Death Star.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

https://i.imgur.com/jIFiAHm.mp4

Boing.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

TotalLossBrain posted:

had some dipshit kid do this to me the other day, he hugged the curb side of the bike lane going the wrong way, forcing me to go into the traffic lane that i cant see because it's behind me. no helmet either!

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Saw a wrong way cyclist take the lane once. That was hairy, yeesh.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Kinda looks like Optimus Prime ditching the trailer and getting ready to transform

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Why does that sign have one side with more clearance than the other? He would have cleared it easy if he'd been in the other lane.

Doesn't even look like a "sign." It's just some art project slapped up to make the roads more beautiful.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

xzzy posted:

Doesn't even look like a "sign." It's just some art project slapped up to make the roads more beautiful.

It looks like a camera superstructure for access control, the point where the truck impacts has one pointing in its direction

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICEPXhZeEMU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That is one of my all time favourite vines. The ones with Wii music are so good. This was my other favourite of those.

https://youtu.be/tiYh8k1cnL0

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That is one of my all time favourite vines. The ones with Wii music are so good. This was my other favourite of those.

https://youtu.be/tiYh8k1cnL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-5gAUF5inQ

*honk*

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^ thank you :3:

edit: I found this which I feel fits 'these are the people....' quite nicely. Stick around for the ending, it's amazing

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1283807773936033798?s=20

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 19, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

edit: I found this which I feel fits 'these are the people....' quite nicely. Stick around for the ending, it's amazing

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1283807773936033798?s=20

This is amazing, definitely stick around for the ending.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

How? How do you buy an electric car without knowing it's electric? Why do you buy a Tesla if you don't know it's electric?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Either guy is super dumb, it’s not his car, or it’s staged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

How? How do you buy an electric car without knowing it's electric? Why do you buy a Tesla if you don't know it's electric?

He got confused and thought it was a Volt?

Probably discovering this far away from home, based on his reaction