Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ded posted:

ah yes, the elusive meal team six

Hardee's Heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Culinaires Sans Frontières

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Molon Lapband

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I distinctly remember ABC/WaPo reporting a half-weekend sample that had Hillary up like 10, then it dropped to like 6-7 on the full sample.

This one's a full sample, Biden up +15 in registered voters, +10 in likely voters, +7 on crime/safety (lol), statistical tie on economy (LOL), +20 on coronavirus (fuckin lmao), +24 on uniting the country, +26 on temperament to serve as president.

https://twitter.com/PostPolls/status/1284702445470392320

The weirdest thing is that these blowout numbers for Biden are downright normal - they aren't even outliers anymore. Also, he has a very good campaign manager, because she's constantly yelling gently caress YOUR POLLS.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

They've learned that less is more with him and keeping him out of the cycle himself, letting the campaign put the message out

p. much as good as we can hope for

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ah yes, the elite squad known as The Baker's Dozen.

:golfclap:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

If there weren't cars in the picture you would swear that it was a 4:3 picture stretched to 16:9

There must be at least 60 meters of rear end crack combined there.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

im the three tactical backpacks mounted like the human centipede

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm the weapons-grade LDL cholesterol levels.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

not caring here posted:

If there weren't cars in the picture you would swear that it was a 4:3 picture stretched to 16:9

Not far off.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

What insect do you think would be best to slip in the back of his shemagh

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
High-fives are now obsolete.

https://twitter.com/Indians/status/1284680561307652098?s=19

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/AerialShading/status/1284735241609830402?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

really tempted to make a youtube video pretending how to age gear so that you dont get called out by actual vets

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

No, don't encourage them or give away the secret handshake

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

really tempted to make a youtube video pretending how to age gear so that you dont get called out by actual vets

Piss on it.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008

Jaguars! posted:

What insect do you think would be best to slip in the back of his shemagh

Murder hornet or huntsman spider

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

This one's a full sample, Biden up +15 in registered voters, +10 in likely voters, +7 on crime/safety (lol), statistical tie on economy (LOL), +20 on coronavirus (fuckin lmao), +24 on uniting the country, +26 on temperament to serve as president.

And this is why America is a plague nation. People don't understand that failing to handle coronavirus is wrecking the economy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

And this is why America is a plague nation. People don't understand that failing to handle coronavirus is wrecking the economy.

For the capital class, the economy is doing gangbusters. They've profited over the first 6 months of the year while the economy as a whole has cratered. The stock market is further out of line with the actual underlying earnings than anytime in it's history. The wealth distribution in this country is only comparable to places like pre-revolution france.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Projected q2 usa gdp is anywhere between -30% and -50%. Investment banks have announced massive profits over the same quarter. Less than half the country has any exposure to the stock market. Almost all of the gains go into the wealthiest pockets.

They're letting us die to the plague and stealing up every bit of gold out of teeth of corpses' mouths. 1/3 of the country both homeowners and renters are housing insecure and about to be evicted or foreclosed upon. 1/3+ of the workforce of this country is out of work and the 1/5th that are actually getting unemployment benefits are largely about to lose those.

Things are absolutely hosed right now and not going to get better in two weeks when we're back to multiple thousands a day in plague deaths plus massive homelessness. The USA is about to face a crisis of its own making that it has no ability to actually respond to as there's not much of a way to make money off of it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/tuckwoodstock/status/1284728073531740161?s=19

Portland protesters kept it real last night

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Finally someone does it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

The weirdest thing is that these blowout numbers for Biden are downright normal - they aren't even outliers anymore. Also, he has a very good campaign manager, because she's constantly yelling gently caress YOUR POLLS.

Yeah Symone Sanders is really good at telling the people who matter to ignore the polls and keep working like it's close or their behind.

Speaking of people who ignore polls
https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1284851535214596103

Also, Trump is in favor of a certain kind of test. It's very hard though. Only the smartest can pass it.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1284849664395816960

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah Symone Sanders is really good at telling the people who matter to ignore the polls and keep working like it's close or their behind.

Speaking of people who ignore polls
https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1284851535214596103

Also, Trump is in favor of a certain kind of test. It's very hard though. Only the smartest can pass it.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1284849664395816960

Hahhahahahaha, well that did not come out very flattering.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Is Fox turning on trump?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There are lots of other clips from that interview and holy hell is Trump going to flip his poo poo about it. It's not that Chris Wallace is even being an antagonistic interviewer, he's asking extremely simple stuff like "can you give a straight answer to this question? yes or no?" and Diaper Donnie is going full Chernobyl. Interesting to see if he's going to demand Wallace be cast out of the cult of Republicanism or if it will be Fox entirely. OANN is there desperately chomping at the bit to take their place so it's all going to come down to who can manage the toddler temper tantrum the best after this and point him at the target they want.

^^^^ edit: No Fox isn't turning on him. Chris Wallace is still desperate to pretend Fox has any purpose other than tongue-bathing Trump's chode day in and day out so he's asking softball questions based on objective reality and Big Wet President doesn't react to anything other than fawning servility very well.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 19, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Mental acuity test explainer

https://twitter.com/froomkin/status/1284853757319294976?s=19

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Finally someone does it.

Whats the PPA?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

davecrazy posted:

Whats the PPA?

Portland Police Association

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nuclear War posted:

Is Fox turning on trump?

No, Chris Wallace is their token Actual Reporter that they use as advertiser cover to show they're a "real news network", sort of like how Shep Smith was.

Donnie doesn't do adversarial, televised, long interviews, so Donnie likely hosed up and said GET ME ON FOX NEWS SUNDAY and there's nobody left in the white house that has veto authority on bad ideas.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

No, Chris Wallace is their token Actual Reporter that they use as advertiser cover to show they're a "real news network", sort of like how Shep Smith was.

Donnie doesn't do adversarial, televised, long interviews, so Donnie likely hosed up and said GET ME ON FOX NEWS SUNDAY and there's nobody left in the white house that has veto authority on bad ideas.

By tomorrow morning Fox and Friends will be backtracking all of it.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
LOL, even in non-Covid times, I know I'd likely fail the precise date question if I've not been prompted by having to sign and date something beforehand. It's the date I have the thing on my calendar for, that's all I know, that's all I really need to know.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1284873255510106112

JFC :stare: that dude is a tank on two legs

Also seems like the feds hosed up with their latest little death squad stunt; I thoroughly expect poo poo in Portland to keep jumping off.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Nuclear War posted:

Is Fox turning on trump?

Trump doesn't work like that, he has no memory. If a thing makes him happy in the morning he likes it, else he hates it. He'll forget by tomorrow if they put out a news banner he likes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1284873255510106112

JFC :stare: that dude is a tank on two legs

Also seems like the feds hosed up with their latest little death squad stunt; I thoroughly expect poo poo in Portland to keep jumping off.

Yeah, this is not great press for DHS.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

To some extent, Donnie and the DHS want the jumping off. The problem for them is that they hosed it up very, very hard and went full unmarked gestapo, everyone in the state wants them gone, and local Portlanders are like "what siege? It's just a few blocks by the courthouse and the Portland PD has been poo poo for months now." Even the local conservatives are like "who cares, at most this is all annoying".

It also helps that mockery is the current overall response, since that's what the fascist idiots can't stand the most, while the lawsuits start flying.

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1284689094077865985?s=19

CHAD WOLF LISTENS TO NICKELBACK

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ok that's crossing a line

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BigDave posted:

Ok that's crossing a line

I know it's a harsh thing to do but we're in desperate times here. Sometimes you just have to do bad things for good reasons, and in this case I think deploying the Nickelback is warranted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

LOL, even in non-Covid times, I know I'd likely fail the precise date question if I've not been prompted by having to sign and date something beforehand. It's the date I have the thing on my calendar for, that's all I know, that's all I really need to know.

They have you do the date at the very top of the test and the administrator is supposed to make sure you filled it out correctly before you start so you have that recent reminder. If that’s the only thing you mess up or you say “June” when you took the test July 1 it’s not a big deal anyway.