Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

{Health 2/2 :: Medicine 3/3 :: Power 3/3 :: Air 3/3}
{Scrap 0 :: Luxe -1}
Armor: CS Suite I (DR 1, Slots 1/2) {CS-Loyalty (+1 Familiar)}
Weapons: EZ-Snipe (1d8/1 Range 1)
Augmentations: Biolytic Emesis (1d8/0 Burn, burn self on miss)
Familiars: Motile Biocover {Health 3/3}; Autofalconid {Health 1/1 :: Power 1/1}

"Get out there, Trick-Track." The Biocover obediently emerges from the pod onto the bruised flesh, placing itself between Eugenius and the charging synthbeast. Eugenius unwinds a charging cord from his belt and plugs it into a pus-caked port in his helmet. It still works, and overloads the attached holocle. Half of Eugenius' vision is flooded with scanning reports about the Gristlegrinder, most of them of no use.

The Gristlegrinder hasn't changed its trajectory at all, even with the Biocover deployed. If a bullet gets through the gap in its skull armor there's a 25% chance it'll bounce around enough to shut down the whole thing. SLUUS has the prions you need to make it through the cycle, drink more SLUUS. That's all you get, double-H, everything else is irrelevant.

Eugenius McBuster: Headhunter Power Attack vs. Gristlergrinder: 1d12 = 8!!!
Motile Biocover: Bodyguard

The Gristlegrinder's DR is 1, I did 2 damage with the crit ignoring armor, since 1x2 = 2 that should do it for the Pertinax challenge
If Trick-Track does its job, that should nail the Psichonumen challenge as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

HP: 3/3 MV: 2 DR: 1 --- Luxe: -10
Belt: Med: 3, Pow: 3, Air: 3 Tokens: ---
AUGS: [2/4]C, [0/1]M
[1]Rigspike: A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.
[1]Heuristic Precognizer: Subject may reroll 1 die per Round.

Ra Maximum, he wades in grease. A dark bodily cavity. A road of slippery something, covered in ankle-deep cloudy oil. All is silent but for the heavy sclorpfs of his footsteps. A punch of noise. A light that damages the eye. Finally, the explosion fades, revealing raging flames all around, and the terrible dead numbness left by an EMP. Ra Maximum

he wades in grease. A dark bodily cavity. A road of slippery something, covered in ankle-deep cloudy oil. All is silent but for the heavy sclorpfs of his footsteps. He leaps back, raising his gun! Too late. The ambusher's charges go off, throwing him off balance. The sea of oil blazes aflame. Ra Maximum leaps over a burning patch of fat to put more smoke between him and the attacker.

ENC: Cover
If possible, I'll use my Heuristic Precognizer to reroll the first attack that would hit me.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
WRECKER 7: Slitherin' Sidious

HP: 2/2 MV: 4 DR: 1 HazDR: Burn 2 Hit TN: 4. Luxe: -013.
Belt: 3/3 Air, 2/3 Med, 3/3 Power. Tokens: 0
Headhunter: Multiples of 4 = X2 Damage. Penetrator w/Power Attacks. Scan is freeACT.
Cyber (2/2) Mutations (0/3) Utilities (2/2) Weapons (1/2) Armor (1/1) Minions (0/2)
Jacklegz©: +1 MV
Weapon Mount: EZ-Snipe mounted: attacks are upscaled, free to extract, cannot be destroyed while bound to aug.
GroGutz: Loaded. +1 HP restored when using a Heal ACT.
Hazmat-B: Loaded. Burn DR +2

Shines-In-Heaven was as magnificent as the promotional vids had made her out to be, but it was still quite another thing to meet her person. As the horrific and headhunter moved out into the open before the stratocradles, a smiling Ned spread his arms wide in greeting. He wore his hobo-esque tarp-looking Duracloak of course - having done his best to wipe off the worst of the stank from the earlier spillage by the Broiler. Equally obvious was the CS armor and the utilities attached to him... but to Shines and the Wrecking Crew viewers he must've otherwise seemed curiously unarmed.

The skinny, grinning man sketched a quick bow as he and Shines came face to maw.

"Shines-In-Heaven! It is honorrific to meet with one such as-"

:getin:

"Aw come onnn!"

As the horror waddled forwards, its tongue tasting the air and totally ruining the moment by slobbering all over it, Ned facepalmed and let out a sigh. With a profoundly exasperated expression he flopped forward and fell prone to the ground, all the while grumbling to himself.

"An entire drat meateor to chow on and here she had to try to come feast on Ned - just as he tries to make a friend! Typical," he muttered, before disgorging his weapon from its internal mount - the long EZ-Snipe barrel jutting from his mouth while he twisted and gyrated his body into a very viable firing solution.

"Shorr, bugh youghe getthinhg in ough weigh, aunghie ghee."

ENC: EZ-Snipe Grimacing Horror: 1d10 4 - Headshot! 2 DMG!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

#5 - Opal Dang-Cobra, Rookie Junker
HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Luxe: -016
DR: DR1 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 2 Power // 3 Air // 0 Scrap
Hazard Tokens: none
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk.
Cyber [2/5]: Eyegear (+1 Upscale) // Magneto-Mantle (Spend 1 Scrap at start of ENC to gain DR 1 for phase)
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer (1d4/5 +Break, Melee)
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 1 (+1 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [1/2]: GroGutz (Heal ACT restores +1 HP)
Familiar [1/2]: none

"Eyyyy, chica, about time you showed up. Not the same without the backup dancers, dig me?"

Opal winked at the camera. Krews always got preferential camera treatment. You couldn't stand out without a crowd to stand out from, after all. She cranked the handle on her K-hammer, the force amplifier thrumming in her hands.

"Let's zest this copro up a notch, yeah?"

She charged forward, swinging the hammer straight into the nearest slider. There was a crack of ozone, and it burst into charred bits. No regrowing from that.

Meat Tenderizing (Power Attack): 1d10 4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 21, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
WRECKER 3: Vatman Jones

HP: 6/6 Move: 3 Scrap: 00 Luxe: 000
DR: DR2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 2 Air // 3 Med // 3 Power
Hazard Tokens:

Mutation [2/5]: Fibrous Ganglia (LVL1) (Mutation-based attacks are upscaled once per mutation possessed; subjects TN to be hit is 2) // Endosymbiotic Brood (LVL1) (Subject may discard 1 Token of choice per round without effect as a freeACT; AoE attacks are upscaled twice against the subject)
Weapons [0/2]:
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 2 (+2 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
>CS Modules [1/2]: Medical (Automatically spend a Med Unit when damaged)
Utility [1/2]: GutzGro (Heal ACT restores +1 HP)
Familiars [0/2]:
Consumables: none // Items: none // Notes: none.

Vatman was the sort that learned by doing, such was his natural stubborness and sophisticated mimetogenic imprint work.

So he kept going at the strange set of wiring, even as he grabbed onto some live feeds and electrocuted himself.

Improv Table Roll: 1d6 6
Exposed Conduits
+Up from Aim tanks my Disable1

Theantero fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 21, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

#12 - Theo Reticule, Rookie Junker
HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 00 Luxe: -003 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
DR: DR 1 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 2 Med // 3 Power // 2 Air
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk.
Cyber [2/5]: Spinal Array (+1 Scan Range.) // Rigspike (A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.)
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee)
Utility [1/2]: AdrenoMAX (Loaded. +1 Damage when Power Attacking. Reload for 1 Scrap)
Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 0 Power. ACT+1Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)
Consumables: none // Items: none // Notes: Boosted ACT.

Listen Along: I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges

Just as Theo Reticule thought he was going to have to leap out from hiding and jam on the Ribbon Skate's head with his unbalanced K-Hammer, a voice was broadcast over some nearby loudspeakers.

"Ahoy, thief-found-wanting." The smarmy feminine voice was distinct.

A loud, thunderous boom reported from just around the corner and the floating Skate was vaporized into translucent bioluminescent ribbon gibbets instantly.

Theo and Merlin cautiously poked their heads out from behind the pile of greasy junk they were using as shielding, to see who their savior was.

It was a rig - a standard chassis Gamma Enforcer that came from the southwest - that must be Bonnie-Anne Elsewhere!

"Care to learn how to filch proper-like? At the foot of a maestro, knowt?" The voice from the rig chided the dog-faced junker peeking at it.

The rig stomped its foot with a squelch as Bonny-Anne Elsewhere's laughter rung out over the external speakers.

Theo glanced over at his robo-pet Merlin perched on his shoulder, and his synth-bird with the bent beak returned the appraising look.

Theo emerged from hiding with a his K-Hammer slung over his shoulder while giving a big thumbs up to the rig-riding co-Wrecker. Despite being so obviously cowed by this rig-powered Wrecker, Theo's spinal array kept his spine from slouching.

"Nice shootymanning!" He called out to the armored giant.

Theo's desire to be amicable was palpable. It was a big rig.

"Y'get my note, mayhappz? I think my bird owes your rig an apology-like. And fr'real I'll take some pointers on shifting my grifting - I may be all doggo-brain sometimes but I've still got room for new tricks!" Theo said, and he pounded a fist on his chest armor.

With a rigjacker's flourish, Bonny-Anne Elsewhere popped her rig's hatch and gave Theo a mocking salute. In that moment, the dog-like man was briefly smitten with the dark and sarcastic woman, and a seed of canine loyalty was planted.

Encounter: (Bonny-Anne may peek)
> Boost ACT.

Sponsors: Whoah, baby, now we're cooking with gas! I mean... not like I should be putting this out on the airwaves (or on the brainwaves, for that matter), but when first I realized that it was Bonny-Anne Elsewhere that had showed up to my junk pile I briefly had a moment there where I envisioned her putting a collar around my neck and me barking like a dog for her. Weird, huh? The power of celebrity can do strange things to people, I guess?!

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

HP: 5/5, Move: 2
Debt: 16L
Tokens: 3 Med, 3>2 Power, 3 Air
Equipped Utility mods: Hazmat-B
Augs:
Adrenal Accelerator: When subject is hit during ENC, subject's ACT is Boosted.
Jacklegz©: +1 Move

Acolyte's own hammer smashed down on the second meatstrocity. "In pulverization, there is salvation!"

"Also, being a 'back-up dancer' requires a cultporate-sanctioned permit and cultporate-mandated Brands, either worn, tattooed into the skin, or as an alternative body part. That honor is lost on this Acolyte, for now."

Power Attack the Slider with K-Hammer: 1d6 4

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Oh, delightful! They've got a clown." Susan claps her... hands? ... together in delight. "It reminds me of my great-uncle took me to the traveling carnival. He always knew the ones with the absolutely laxest safety regulations -- oh, hold on, I've got a call from the field."

AJ_Impy posted:

Sponsors: Yo, Brainfood, my dewds. That life-lessony enough for you? Plateau the right altitude with the platitude attitude? I'm down for more challenges if you're up for it, and I wouldn't say no to an exclusive.

"Ah, hello there! Yes, I believe that should be suitable. Rough and tumble, but you have a good point about ensuring correct incorrect aim. And... hmm. How do you feel about nootropics? I certainly hope you've got the can-do attitude to do some field testing."

Offering Exclusive Sponsorship to Cyka!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 3/3 MV: 2
DR: 1 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 4.
Scrap: 00. Luxe: 0.
Belt:
3 Air, 3 Med, 2 Power.
Tokens:

Mutations (0/3)
Cyber (1/2)
Charged Myoservos: Subject ignores the first downscale against them in a Round.
Items:
CS Suite I
CS Armor Mod: Loyalty
Weapons:

Friends:

"More of these meat-bound-muts? Don't they know time flies?! If you gotta step to the Birb', you best bring some PetZ™ - 'wise my goads staying nice and sheathed."

"You there, Stoic, run into that muscle tissue, if I know my flab right there'll be some viscous mucoids ready to tangle these ground-beefoes into minced mates!"

Improv: 1d6 = 5

Drooling as if its life depended on it, Stoic Mikey the Motile Biocover lumbered over a particularly thin membrane, causing untold OSHA violations and threatening to collapse the entire cavern. Lonán caught her Falcon by the talon just in time, effortlessly floating over the breach. As for the others...

Improv (Sinkhole) 2#1d8 disable 3: 2#1d8 = 3 8

The Mutant Manburglar caught a gangling uvula swashbuckingly, leading to some sort of dramatic air-dual-of-the-bandits that was sure to please the audience, whilst the Nugget fell into the pit like the comic relief it was.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Antivehicular posted:

"Ah, hello there! Yes, I believe that should be suitable. Rough and tumble, but you have a good point about ensuring correct incorrect aim. And... hmm. How do you feel about nootropics? I certainly hope you've got the can-do attitude to do some field testing."

Offering Exclusive Sponsorship to Cyka!

"Copacetic! I'll take what I'm given, though I'm wired for wires if there's tech in your biotech. In any case, I'm your person!"

Cyka accepts the Exclusive Sponsorship from Brainfood!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

WRECKER 14: Shines-in-Heaven

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 0 Current DR: 1
Belt resources: Power: 3 Medical Units: 3 Air: 3
Tokens: 1 Break

Augmentations: Limits: 0C 5M
Breed Talent - Venomous Bite: Gain a melee attack mode, 1d6/2 +Poison.
M: Nuclear Arms: +1 damage with melee weapons, +1 per Rad Token, and may use Heavy Weapons without penalty; cannot use missile weapons.

CS Suite II:
Slots: 2
Medical: Automatically spend 1 Med-Unit when damaged

Item reload status:
-

Backtracking past her landing pod, Shines-in-Heaven soon reached the Strato-Cradle unimpeded by any new distractions. Just as she arrived, a small meat outcropping started to part and revealed the form of her new partner Sid under what had turned out to be optical camo netting. The wrecker spread his arms wide and greeted Shines-in-Heaven with a big grin:

quote:

"Shines-In-Heaven! It is honorrific to meet with one such as-"
Just as he was starting to talk, another, much less welcome guest made itself known by starting to slobber all over the place.
In response Slid began to vomit up the barrel of a gun, aiming and placing an expert shot right between the offending Horror's eyes. Utterly fascinated by the weird delivery mechanism, Shines-in-Heaven stared at him just a few moments longer than she probably should have, before launching herself at the rival horror, going straight for the throat and eliciting a very satisfying crunching noise in response, as her artificially enhanced muscles ground down her victim's bones.

ENC: Powerattack the Horror using Venomous Bite: 1d8 5

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

WRECKER 8: Dunk Tuggum

HP: 2/2 Move: 2 (Shift) Scrap: 0 Luxe: -6
Belt Tokens: 3 Air // 2 Med // 2 Power // 0 Buff
Hazard Tokens: N/A
Cyber: 1/1
Muts: 2//4

Augs posted:

Heuristic Precognizer: Subject may reroll 1 die per Round. [Unused this round]
Prehensile Teratoma: Subject may Reload or Modify Gear as a freeACT; 1 in 6 chance to take a random ACT.
D-Mutation - Dimensional Lens: May be used instead of Cover. Reverses the value of a single die this phase (i.e. 1-3 succeeds and 4 fails on a 1d4).

No one at the fabricator. A mixed blessing. Dunk Tuggum began flexing, psyching himself up for what was to come.

ENC: Boost

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
WRECKER 16:The Late Johnson

Mutations: Gelatinous Epidermis: Rad Tokens do not reduce Max HP; does not receive DR from non-mutation sources.

HP: 2/2, Move: 3
Weapon: EZ-Snipe 1d8/1, Range: 1
DR: 0 Optiscope Counter: 1

"Oh I'm so glad my gelatenous skin makes my body armour here completely useless. Guess I'll just die... But not before I take you buggers with me!"

ENC: If I get the DR from Cover, Cover
If I do not get the DR from Cover, Improvise targeting the Mutant Manburgler

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. Dimensional Derek
D-Derek launches Assist Flare from 813!...CC FlavRizR Turrets deployed!
D-Derek misses Mutant Jailer!
FlavRizR 1 hits Mutant Jailer!
FlavRizR 2 misses Mutant Jailer!
Jailer misses D-Derek!
Nugget 1 misses D-Derek!
Nugget 2 hits D-Derek!

D-Derek takes no damage (reduced from 1)!
Mutant Jailer takes 2 Damage and receives 1 Burn Token!

2. Cyka
Brainfood Upcycled Nootropics is now the Exclusive Sponsor of Cyka!
Cyka Improvises...Industrial Equipment collapses!
Industrial Equipment misses Slider 1!
Slider 1 misses Cyka!
Slider 2 misses Cyka!
Slider 3 misses Cyka!

Challenge Completion posted:

Serve As A Warning To Others: After failing a roll, explain clearly what you did wrong and how you would improve for next time.
+10 Cyka
+5 Brainfood

3. Vatman Jones
Vatman Jones is trapped in his pod!
Vatman Improvises...Exposed Conduits overload!
>Vatman is Disabled (x1), but endures!

4. Eugenius McBuster
Power Attack! McBuster critically hits Gristlegrinder!
Gristlegrinder misses McBuster!

Gristlegrinder takes 2 damage and is destroyed!
Bounty: +2L.

Challenge Completion posted:

>No Such Thing As Bulletproof: Kill an enemy with an attack that does double its DR.
+10 McBuster
+5 Pertinax

5. Opal Dang-Cobra / 6. Acolyte
Power Attack! Opal hits Slider 1!
Power Attack! Acolyte hits Slider 2!
Slider 1 hits Opal!
Slider 2 misses Opal!

Opal takes no damage (reduced from 1)!
Slider 1 takes 3 damage (reduced from 5) and is destroyed!
Bounty: +1L (Opal).
Slider 2 takes 3 damage (reduced from 5) and is destroyed!
Bounty: +1L (Acolyte).

7. Slitherin' Sidious / 14. Shines-in-Heaven
Sidious critically hits Grimacing Horror!
Power Attack! Shines hits Grimacing Horror!
Grimacing Horror hits Shines-in-Heaven!

Shines-in-Heaven takes 1 damage (reduced from 2)!
>CS-Medical activates...1 Med Unit spent to restore 1 HP!
Grimacing Horror takes 5 damage and is destroyed!
Bounty: Sidious +1L
Bounty: Shines-in-Heaven +1L

8. Dunk Tuggum
Dunk Boosts ACT!

9. Ra Maximum
Ambush! Drop Tardigraider misses Ra!
Ra takes Cover!
Drop Tardigraider misses Ra!

10. B.A. Elsewhere / 12. Theo Reticule
Elsewhere Pops her Hatch!
Elsewhere's Enforcer hits Ribbon Skate!
Theo Boosts ACT!
Ribbon Skate misses Elsewhere's Enforcer!
Ribbon Skate takes 10 DAMAGE and is destroyed!

11. Talcum Bee Buzzem
Talcum attempts to Retreat!
>Talcum spreads 1 Infest Token to Gristlegrinder 1!
Gristlegrinder 1 misses Talcum!
Gristlegrinder 2 misses Talcum!
Talcum Retreats to 709!

13. Collette Errol
Collette Improvises...Industrial Equipment collapses!
Industrial Equipment misses Calorie Clown!
Calorie Clown hits Collette!

:siren: Collette takes 3 Damage and is killed! :siren:

Wrecker Down posted:

5L is credited to Surviving Wreckers!
15L is transferred to the Wrecker Retirement Fund!
A Death Cache appears at 102!
Downed by the Clown.
Riperoni con queso to the first of the fallen...How much you want to bet it can fit her entire torso in its mouth?
Not even making that bet, Rev.

15. Lonán Murder-Birb
Lonán Improvises...Sinkhole collapses!
>Manburglar avoids the hazard!
>Nugget is Fully Disabled!
Manburglar misses Lonán!
Nugget is Fully Disabled!

16. The Late Johnson
Johnson takes Cover!
Manburglar misses Johnson!
Nugget hits Johnson!

Johnson takes no damage (reduced from 1!)

Challenge Voided posted:

>Win a combat without receiving damage.
At least 4 Wreckers have completed this challenge. No reward available!

:siren: Wreckers, take Action! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 21, 2020

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Shines-in-Heaven's wrist terminal dings with an incoming message:

Aethelred Konstanin Von Schussman XIV posted:

Salutations, Test Subject Shines-in-Heaven,

I am hereby extending to you the following offer of Exclusive Sponsorship on behalf of Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems. Exclusive Sponsorship with Pertinax comes with a host of benefits* including preferential purchasing and exciting new Pertinax products - including military-grade equipment not available to the general public! - as well as advanced challenges that may in turn lead to advanced rewards. Further to the immediate benefits, post-Wrecking Crew sponsees have gone on to do great things - and make lots of money - with us in the past, so if you feel you're a good fit with the Pertinax family, please see the attached documentation for waivers and releases.

Kind Regards
Aethelred Konstantin Von Schussman XIV, Director of Sponsorship Affairs

*for full benefits see attached documentation.

Aethelred stretched his fingers and tried not to notice Gee - the Swab responsible for a significant luxe laundering mishap several Heaps ago yet who found Decree-wide popularity with the working class - triple-dipping a still-squirming cephalopod into the bioluminescent cheese fountain over by the buffet, considering something with a touch more bombast for the challenge list.
"Who doesn't love a headshot?" He mused aloud.
"You know we do bossmang!" One of his attendant Encouragement Operatives happily gushed. "All that brainmeats and bone shrapnel... finger lickin' good."
"Right you are. Check this one out then."

Adding Challenge: The Biggest Headshot: Order a ballistic airstrike or deal a significant ranged AoE to 707, 806, 807 or 905.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 21, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This is Rook.

Wrecker [Vatman]
Come on, man.

You are
EMBARaSSING
us in front of the other corporations.

You are the last one in your pod.
Press the eject button.
It is
ReD
and labelled
EJeCT

This was Rook.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
WRECKER 16:The Late Johnson

Mutations: Gelatinous Epidermis: Rad Tokens do not reduce Max HP; does not receive DR from non-mutation sources.

HP: 2/2, Move: 3
Weapon: EZ-Snipe 1d8/1, Range: 1
DR: 0 Optiscope Counter: 1
Cash Money: 5L

"HOO BOY, thought I was gonna eat a fat one there, walls can protect my soft fleshy skin duly noted. Now whilst I have a spare moment between getting shot at.

ACT: Using the Weapon Mod Kit on the EZ-Snipe.

1d20 = 16, 16- EM Coils: Adds Junk trait.

"Not bad, not bad at all. Now then"

FreeACT: Tight Scan on 136

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 21, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
WRECKER 3: Vatman Jones

HP: 6/6 Move: 3 Scrap: 00 Luxe: 000
DR: DR2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 2 Air // 3 Med // 3 Power
Hazard Tokens:

Mutation [2/5]: Fibrous Ganglia (LVL1) (Mutation-based attacks are upscaled once per mutation possessed; subjects TN to be hit is 2) // Endosymbiotic Brood (LVL1) (Subject may discard 1 Token of choice per round without effect as a freeACT; AoE attacks are upscaled twice against the subject)
Weapons [0/2]:
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 2 (+2 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
>CS Modules [1/2]: Medical (Automatically spend a Med Unit when damaged)
Utility [1/2]: GutzGro (Heal ACT restores +1 HP)
Familiars [0/2]:
Consumables: none // Items: none // Notes: none.

Vatman screamed in mortal fright as the electricity coursed through him, not merely out of pain, but of understanding, as his Academy forged neuroplastics adapted to the currents as if they were part of him.

In psychedelic images, Vatman Jones was the entry pod, ever so briefly. He did not know what that meant, but his hands did. They took a bund of wires without his conscious input, and tied them together just like so-

With a crack the lights in the pod went out.

Everything was dark.

Air was running out.

Burnt flesh was carefully sloughed off by Vatman's regenerative system. The fresh skin underneath ignited immediately.

FreeACT: Shed my Burn token with Endosymbiotic Brood
ACT: Hack the Pod Door: 1d6 2

Theantero fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 22, 2020

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dimensional Derek

HP: 2/2
Tokens: 1 Warp
Jacklegz©: +1 Move.
D-Mutation - Pulse Wave: Gain a special attack mode, 1d6/3 Push 1.
Debt: 10L

A message pinged on Derek's DVice.
"Derek, quit playing with those mutants. We need footage of d-formed structures. Go figure out how your freaky hacking powers work."

Derek stood at the cradle's console and wondered what the hell he was supposed to do with it. He began tapping at the screen until his hand started to phase through it.

D-Form the Strato-Cradle: 1d6 6

Freaky. The energies of the Between started radiating out from the console into the Cradle's structure, altering it in ways that should not have existed.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This is Rook.

Wrecker [Vatman]

PReSS
RIgHT
HerE

This was Rook.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 3/3 MV: 2
DR: 1 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 4.
Scrap: 00. Luxe: 0.
Belt:
3 Air, 3 Med, 2 Power.
Tokens:

Mutations (0/3)
Cyber (1/2)
Charged Myoservos: Subject ignores the first downscale against them in a Round.
Items:
CS Suite I
CS Armor Mod: Loyalty
Weapons:

Friends:

2Can! Get me a birds eye view of the area, and find something to eat whilst you are up there.

ACT: Tight Scan 143
FREEBIRD ACT: Recover Power Units
Motile Biocover Act: N/A

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 21, 2020

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

It's not often one hears Aethelred laugh, and it's even less frequent that he even so much as smiles in public, but after the latest Rook message, a peal of genuine, effulgent laughter ripples out across the Sponsor Lounge.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

WRECKER 8: Dunk Tuggum

HP: 2/2 Move: 2 (Shift) Scrap: 0 Luxe: -6
Belt Tokens: 3 Air // 2 Med // 2 Power // 0 Buff
Hazard Tokens: 1 Warp
Cyber: 1/1
Muts: 2//4

Augs posted:

Heuristic Precognizer: Subject may reroll 1 die per Round. [Unused this round]
Prehensile Teratoma: Subject may Reload or Modify Gear as a freeACT; 1 in 6 chance to take a random ACT.
D-Mutation - Dimensional Lens: May be used instead of Cover. Reverses the value of a single die this phase (i.e. 1-3 succeeds and 4 fails on a 1d4).

Dunk stared vacantly at the Fabric8r console. An inexplicable urge passed over him, he knew he could make this piece of heavy machinery W E I R D E R. He punched randomly at some of the console's buttons.

*BZZT*

Again.

*BZZT*

Dunk let out a catchphrase of frustration, "SWIGGITY SWOOTY I HATE THE COMPUTEY©" and swung a meaty fist as the console.

*BZZT*

This time he went for a headbutt. As his head neared, the void in his skull quavered.

Prehensile Teratoma Fuckery (Let's say a 1 is a failure): 1d6 4
ACT: Boosted Hack (D-Form): 1d6+1 5

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 22, 2020

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
WRECKER 7: Slitherin' Sidious

HP: 2/2 MV: 4 DR: 1 HazDR: Burn 2 Hit TN: 4. Luxe: -07.
Belt: 3/3 Air, 2/3 Med, 3/3 Power. Tokens: 0
Headhunter: Multiples of 4 = X2 Damage. Penetrator w/Power Attacks. Scan is freeACT.
Cyber (2/2) Mutations (0/3) Utilities (2/2) Weapons (1/2) Armor (1/1) Minions (0/2)
Jacklegz©: +1 MV
Weapon Mount: EZ-Snipe mounted: attacks are upscaled, free to extract, cannot be destroyed while bound to aug.
GroGutz: Loaded. +1 HP restored when using a Heal ACT.
Hazmat-B: Loaded. Burn DR +2

The matter of alpha murderbeast status decisively settled, Ned swallowed his gun. His upbringing had fortunately left him without gag reflex, which was what had made his particular permutation of the weapon mount so effective. Less well-prepared throats (or ones without dislocatable jaws) tended to choke on their shots. Gun successfully gulped, the headhunter got to his feet and shook mucous and savory juices from his tarp-like cloak while walking over to Shines-in-Heaven, who stood victorious over the steaming corpse of the Horror, her maw still dripping with viscera.

"Ugh, really sorry about that," he began, seeming if anything to be a bit embarrassed. "She sees a sweet little morsel like me - and competition like you - the hunter-killer instincts just go on overload. Oh well... again, wreckin' nice to meet. Name's Ned. Ned Sidious. Or Slitherin' Sidious - pick your poison - hunter for hire (reasonable rates, terms and conditions may apply). Feel free to have at her, by the way! I just had a snack so I'm good."

The skinny man chomped his teeth theatrically, gesturing at the fallen Horror, before beginning to circle around Shines and getting a closer look at her post-fight state. He began to pat at his armor's pockets.

"Ah... yeah, I see how you got dinged there. Hold on, I've got some Liquid Enviro-Sealant (Good for what ails ye! And armor, too!) and a bit of Scale-Buff. S-B's just for looks, but always stay your best, yeh? Sweet sweaty jesus, not that you have a hard time trying, your venom sacks are magnificent."

He paused, seeing a very familiar symbol pop up on Shines' wrist terminal. He could guess what that was about.

"Nice. Pertinax with the good taste again? My wep-mount's one of theirs. Not common, but I love me seeing some prey pop and nothing gives you a better downrange than that being the barrel feel. Closest I can get to mlem-ing my eats too, so there's that. Sponsors, whoever wants to fix that sad deficit, toss me an exclusive sponsorship and I am GAME. Or at least once the Lux gets flowing get me some of mom's scent glands or even that synthetic duct stuff, so I can at least try to talk the fam' down. I'm good for it, momma didn't raise no prey boy."

While spraying down Shines' armor and scales, and tossing his pitches out there, Ned checked his scanner. If nothing else he was a hell of a multitasker.

ACT: Repair/Remove Shines-In-Heaven's Break token.
freeScan: Uh... Tight Scan the Stratocradle for dubious benefits, I guess?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

"Oh - whelp, there goes the first one, Tomothy," Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. said into his comms unit while setting down his drink. "Crack some cases for the lads and ladies, I've got to go make Cosmiq's digital statement."

As he was laboring to get up from his chair with a fatherly grunt, Cosmiq's Director of Sponsorship Affairs in the Wrecker Investments Division was suddenly overcome with a desire not to hang up on the other person and actually listened to what they had to say for another moment longer. It was a question.

"Oh yeah, it's just something my son cooked up. No- yeah, Skipp Wiley Jr. (the second). - Yeah, he's coming along fine, growing up fast! I'm pretty proud of what he's done. I might just have an artist in the family!"

"Anyway, got to run." he said, before ending the call. He needed to focus on copy and pasting a link to a picture with sound his son had put online from their console at home. This could take hours.

OFFICIAL COSMIQ STATEMENT: https://i.imgur.com/kk1fuyZ.mp4

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"How disappointingly premature, that thing wasn't even squeezing hard enough for her eyes to burst. I suppose this is what happens when a certain gameshow decides to cancel a mutually beneficial contract for dermal plating and reinforced exoskeletons."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

"drugs. weapons. computers. it's me, lol"

rook - you're all right, that's fuckin' hilarious, failure meatbags
speaking of, rip in clown, errol

Luxe: 5
Crates: 1 Gamma
Challenges[2]:
sending signals: score the first kill of the map Multipleted!
small black hat: leave a hex with at least 3 Enemies in it without having taken damage REKT
1337 h4x0r (r3w: enter 640942fd3bdbaa339b839db017ece7fd into any terminal.
yeetball express: use a hacked Strato-Cradle

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Magitek Mafia
"Sufficiently advanced technology crime is indistinguishable from magic."
Sponsor Luxe: 10-5=5
Sponsor "Inventory:" N/A

Hey hey, Wreckers! One down, plenty to go - but not you Theo, ain't that right? Who's a good boy? Whoooooo's a good boy? Aw, lookit him go!

Okay, enough 'a that nonsense. Things were a little too lively last map for anyone to work with us on a joint business venture - especially after that bleeder kid and whatever the wacky horse thing were took out the dang MercMart! But fool me once, shame on me - let me down twice, shame on YOU. Let's make some magic happen, folks!

Buying +1 Challenge Slot (-5 Luxe, New Total 5)

Deploying a new Challenge: Disincorporation Incorporated
!

Challenges:
Show Me Da Meat-y! - Upload a locally-sourced Item earmarked for the Magitek Mafia.
Disincorporation Incorporated - Enter the code SKIMMERWINNER at the Luxe Crucible.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

#12 - Theo Reticule, Rookie Junker
HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 00 -> 02+ -> 01+ Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
DR: DR 1 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 2 -> 3 Med // 3 Power // 2 -> ? Air
Cyber [2/5]: Spinal Array (+1 Scan Range.) // Rigspike (A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.)
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee)
Utility [1/2]: AdrenoMAX (Loaded. +1 Damage when Power Attacking. Reload: 1 Scrap)
Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 0 -> 1 Power. ACT+1Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)
Consumables: none // Items: none // Notes: Boosted ACT.

Listen Along: Let There Be Light - Justice

Theo Reticule snorted and shook his head to dispel an errant thought, and with that, Bonny-Anne Elsewhere's first impression was made to hold a high place in the back of Theo's lovesick puppy mind. He felt like he wanted to impress this sly lady and be her friend. Then, he hoped, at the very least, there would be one less person out there willing to betray him.

"Hey, uh, wouldn'a mind it if I recky the zone for scraps while you taken'a first watch? I'll be fast-like, with my snout and all."

Just then, Theo's ears perked up as he heard a the whining, whirring howls of synthetic pipes and metal grinding coming from the distance of CYST's digestive tracts, howling that sounded almost like hounds. He sniffed at the pungent, musty air and felt his hackles rise.

"Thos're Gristlegrinders, yo!" Theo exclaimed in revelation, he head whirling to face Bonny-Anne's. "Oh naw, ya gotta be jerkin' me red with flavorsauce! You didn't kill 'em yet, did you?"

Bonny-Anne's reaction was enough for Theo to get the whole picture.

"Well dang rig-lady, we don't have a lotta time, so-" Theo began.

The dog-faced Wrecker Theo cocked his head, assessed the situation, and then picked up his pace in searching the piles of junk strewn with Ribbon Skate guts for anything of value. He shared his ideas as he searched.

"I can hammer up an ambush site for us while I scrounge but you might need hide yer rig behind some of the bigger junk piles... Related: you done using this Drop Pod of yours? Might be some fine shinies salvageable in the siding, last I heard..."

Action: (Bonny-Anne may peek)
> FreeACT: Boosted Salvage of hex contents [1x Ribbon Skate (killed this round), 2x Ribbon Skates (killed last round), 1x Drop Pod (crashed last round)], picking up at least 2 Scrap (from the Junker talent), one Med token from the Ribbon Skate corpse, an Air token from the Drop Pod (only if available), and attempting a single 1d6 lootroll against the Ribbon Skate corpse(s) from the Boost.
> FullACT: Theo sets an ambush!
> FamiliarACT: Theo sets his Autofalconoid familiar Merlin to recharge its 1 Power unit!
> FreeACT.Swap: Theo gives Bonny-Anne 1 Scrap from his Salvage!

Sponsors: Hey Magitek Mafia and friends - thanks for stopping by! I might have a lot on my plate right now what with Bonny-Anne Elsewhere bringing all her rabid chainsaw-dogs to my junk-pile's doorstep, but at the very least I should be making you all proud that I'm still alive and still gristlegroovin' on out here! Cheers, y'all!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 23, 2020

charms
Oct 14, 2012

{Health 2/2 :: Medicine 3/3 :: Power 2/3 :: Air 3/3}
{Scrap 0 :: Luxe 16}
Armor: CS Suite I (DR 1, Slots 1/2) {CS-Loyalty (+1 Familiar)}
Weapons: EZ-Snipe (1d8/1 Range 1)
Augmentations: Biolytic Emesis (1d8/0 Burn, burn self on miss)
Familiars: Motile Biocover {Health 3/3}; Autofalconid {Health 1/1 :: Power 1/1}

The Gristlegrinder didn't even clear half the distance to Trick-Track before getting mired in the festering sore, leaving it easy pickings for the off-brand sniper rifle. Eugenius climbs off the drop pod and begins to tug the synthbeast's carcass onto firm flesh before it can sink any further. By the time he's finished, he notices his tipping debt had been cleared, courtesy of PERTINAX Ammofab and apparently some loser who wanted to set off the beacon early. He looks back up at the wrecked pod, its plume of smoke thinning as it slowly submerges into the wound it opened. "One Luxe. Savor it, astropaths. That's all you get!"

Trick-Track looks on hungrily as Eugenius siphons the fading bio-electricity from the fallen Gristlegrinder. The Autofalconid, now perched on his helmet, shifts around impatiently. "This'll take a while, McThrall. Go find something to do if you're gonna be so sullen."

Eugenius McBuster (freeACT): Tight Scan on 137
Eugenius McBuster (ACT): Salvage and restore 1 Power token
Autofalconid(ACT): Filch from 130

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"...Margaret."

"Yes, Professor?"

"Didn't this thing murder half of the interns and most of the direct supervisory staff at clonevault 4 before we commissioned the biosweepers to flush it away from the vents?"

"Yes, Professor."

"It cannot escape a box."

"I would hazard a guess its prematurely hatched murder instincts work better on the necks of dissaffected poor than on reinforced spacecraft, Professor."

"..."

"Fair enough."

"...The eject button is right there though."

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Such a beautiful larva. Already a master of its domain. And ever so hungry.
Be sure to feed it generously.
I can't wait to show you what it can become.

Wrecker Down posted:

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

HP: 6/6 MV: 3 DR: 3 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 5. Scrap: 00 Luxe: 038
Belt: 2 Air, 3 Med, 2 Power. Tokens: 3 Infest. Sponsor: Diamond IAMC.
Hiver (Protean): Access to Hiver Challenge List. +1 to Craft Rolls. ACT: Apiculture a consumable.
Headhunter X-Train: Crit = 2x Damage. Cyber (0/2) Mutations (3/4)
Worm that Walks (B-Vo): Max HP cannot be reduced below # of Infest. Abilities/gear that spend/transfer Infest cost 1 fewer Token.
Lamellar Thorax (B-Vo): +2DR; spend 1 0 Infest for +1DR for the phase. (Always on.)
Nuclear Arms (Lvl2): +1 damage with melee, +1 per Rad Token. No heavy weapon penalty. Missile attacks downscaled twice.
SmokeSwarm: Loaded. Downscale & 1d8/2 to units attacking Retreating Unit. 2 1 Infest to reload.
Hydroly-Sis: Loaded. Salvage restores up to 3 Air Units. 2 Scrap to reload.

The grubby hiver waddles down into a ravine formed by massive capillaries. Cornered, they take pot shots at the approaching murder-yoshi, perforating the living terrain. High-pressure ichor sprays over the lumbering predator.

With nowhere left to run Talcum scrambles backwards against the meaty folds.

At the last moment the swarm finds a crack and disappears with a wet slurp.

Pursuing Opponent(s): 2x Gristlegrinder Infest: 1/0. (Gg potentially subject to HAZ movement from Peristalsis
Opponent(s): Grimacing Horror
ACT: Prepare Ambush

malbogio fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 22, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
WRECKER 2: Cyka

Cyber (2/4): Bone Lacing 1, Rail Loader 1
HP 3/3
Sponsored by Brainfood Upcycled Nootropics. It's not cannibalism if you denature the proteins!

Cyka went back to their starting position, then very carefully sidestepped left. They cleaned the electro-harpoon and reset everything for the next attempt. Out of interest, they checked in on an interesting data point to go look see once the chasers were dead.

ACT: Tight scan 710

Sponsors: Plan is much the same: Splatter the locals, check out that blip, then beeline rig central.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 22, 2020

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

"Excellent! Give that clown a prize!"

"Sir? I don't believe that allowed."

"Nonsense! That clown deserves a prize, he really knows how to eat! And just look at the disgusting parody of a face, who wouldn't want to pinch those jolly cheeks?

"Just send something down, shall I?"

"Yes yes, I don't care what it is. Send something down to make my pleasure known."

<muttering under his breath as he leaves> "Four years of online mega-sistant collegarium for what? Well he really didn't tell me who to send it to..."

Spending more of my wrecker's Lux to send him a Motile Biocover! Huzzah! 13L + 25L for a standard ol' SHOT drone = 38L. Time to toughen that sumbitch up.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

HP: 5/5, Move: 2
Debt: 10L
Scrap: 2+?
Tokens: 3 Med, 2>3 Power, 3 Air
Equipped Utility mods: Hazmat-B
Augs:
Jacklegz©: +1 Move

Immediately diving into the splattered meat, Acolyte quickly becomes a bloody mess. "Hmm, this is probably worth something. Oh, sweet, did these things have a multipurpose power pack on them? This'll probably work to recharge my own power supply, right? Oh wait, poo poo, the prayer." Acolyte abruptly stands up and loudly proclaims "In salvation, there is salvage!" before returning to sifting through the meat.

ACT: free action salvage to gain 2 scrap + whatever bonus scrap the sliders give for their threat level, and choosing to resupply to gain a power unit. Then I'll use my normal action to Tight Scan Hex 603

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

#5 - Opal Dang-Cobra, Rookie Junker
HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Luxe: -016
Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 2 Power // 3 Air // 0 Scrap
Cyber [2/5]: Eyegear (+1 Upscale) // Magneto-Mantle (Spend 1 Scrap at start of ENC to gain DR 1 for phase)
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer (1d4/5 +Break, Melee)
Utility [1/2]: GroGutz (Heal ACT restores +1 HP)
Familiar [1/2]: none

An alert flashed across Opal's wrist-trid. She paused as she scrolled through the footage, and shook her head.

"Brainflash, droogs! Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated. Don't believe all the skite that clogs your feed, I got all the truth you need right here."

"And besides--I'm way better looking than that 'cek was."

Free ACT: Salvage, Refill Power
Act: Tight Scan 06.02

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
WRECKER 10: Bonny-Anne Elsewhere

HP: 3/3 | Move: 2/2 | DR: 1/1 | Med: 2/3 | Power: 3/3 | Air: 3/3 | Scrap: 1 lone scrap | Luxe: In the hole 6
Mounted: Gamma Enforcer HP: 3/3 | Move: 3/3 | DR: 1/1 | Power: 3/3
Rigspike: A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.

"Just a squeeny pack of doggos. Buck up." She waves off the dogboy's other blathering.

Bonny's rig starts ripping and tearing strips of meat from the surroundings with its manipulator. The pirate scrambles from the cockpit and drapes the grisly sheets of flesh and integument just so across her rig.

"Meat suit for my metal suit for my meat suit!" BA climbs back into the rig and seals the hatch. The dripping rig hunkers into the landscape.

ACT: Heal 1

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 23, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

WRECKER 14: Shines-in-Heaven

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 0 Current DR: 1
Belt resources: Power: 2 Medical Units: 2 Air: 3
Tokens: 1 Break

Augmentations: Limits: 0C 5M
Breed Talent - Venomous Bite: Gain a melee attack mode, 1d6/2 +Poison.
M: Nuclear Arms: +1 damage with melee weapons, +1 per Rad Token, and may use Heavy Weapons without penalty; cannot use missile weapons.

CS Suite II:
Slots: 2
Medical: Automatically spend 1 Med-Unit when damaged

Item reload status:
-

As Shines-in-Heaven kept up the pressure on the offending horror, its movements slowly began to weaken. Just before dying however it summoned one last burst of strength and clipped Shines-in-Heaven with its tongue, before finally, blessedly falling still underneath her. With the threat gone, the other wrecker approached again and began talking:

Scribbleykins posted:

"Ugh, really sorry about that," he began, seeming if anything to be a bit embarrassed. "She sees a sweet little morsel like me - and competition like you - the hunter-killer instincts just go on overload. Oh well... again, wreckin' nice to meet. Name's Ned. Ned Sidious. Or Slitherin' Sidious - pick your poison - hunter for hire (reasonable rates, terms and conditions may apply). Feel free to have at her, by the way! I just had a snack so I'm good."

The skinny man chomped his teeth theatrically, gesturing at the fallen Horror, before beginning to circle around Shines and getting a closer look at her post-fight state. He began to pat at his armor's pockets.

"Ah... yeah, I see how you got dinged there. Hold on, I've got some Liquid Enviro-Sealant (Good for what ails ye! And armor, too!) and a bit of Scale-Buff. S-B's just for looks, but always stay your best, yeh? Sweet sweaty jesus, not that you have a hard time trying, your venom sacks are magnificent."
As he busied himself on Shines-in-heaven's armor, she replied: "Thank you, I 'preciate it, the landing was a tad rough, so my armor can use the attention. Now, I hope you don't mind, but to the victor the spoils and all, so I'll be busy for a moment."
With that she began to take apart the horror to separate into edible and inedible bits, before starting to chow down on the meaty bits.

After she had finished, she found a nice outcropping, warmed by the slow decay of the surrounding meat, to lay down below and began to read through the message her comms tablet had received earlier:

Hexenritter posted:

Salutations, Test Subject Shines-in-Heaven,

I am hereby extending to you the following offer of Exclusive Sponsorship on behalf of Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems. Exclusive Sponsorship with Pertinax comes with a host of benefits* including preferential purchasing and exciting new Pertinax products - including military-grade equipment not available to the general public! - as well as advanced challenges that may in turn lead to advanced rewards. Further to the immediate benefits, post-Wrecking Crew sponsees have gone on to do great things - and make lots of money - with us in the past, so if you feel you're a good fit with the Pertinax family, please see the attached documentation for waivers and releases.

Kind Regards
Aethelred Konstantin Von Schussman XIV, Director of Sponsorship Affairs

*for full benefits see attached documentation.
With her belly full of food she found herself in a mellow mood and decided to skip reading the fine print and scrolled through the text to the bottom where she pressed her thumb on the tablet to signal her agreement, sending back the paperwork to be processed by WC Ltd's lawyers.
Overcome by the post-feeding exhaustion she finally decided that a nap would be exactly what she needed.

Accept Exclusive Sponsorship from PAFS
ACT: Salvage the Horror for Scrap and Equipment + Cannibalize it to fulfill Rook's challenge
Split Scrap 50:50 with Slid

quote:

DogKisser21/07/2020
Good question - I'd deem the Horrors acceptable; they're not 'native' but they're invasive species that purposely pour themselves into whatever niche they can find and adapt perfectly

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

HP: 3/3 MV: 2 DR: 1 --- Luxe: -5
Belt: Med: 3, Pow: 3, Air: 3 Tokens: ---
AUGS: [2/4]C, [0/1]M
[1]Rigspike: A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.
[1]Heuristic Precognizer: Subject may reroll 1 die per Round.

The Drop Tardigraider is "going ham". Flashbangs, a raging wildfire, the little explosions of laseurs hitting the lake of grease. A delicious smell. The whole "Liking It"-ambush treatment.

Aimed in the wrong direction.
The camera drone circles around the ambusher, finding the Ra Maximum crouching behind the bulging gromple. He salutes the viewers, running his fingers down his face.

ACT: Scanning. If tracking enemies is still a thing, do whatever lets me see where the Tardigraider is going. Otherwise Tight on 124.