Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scientastic posted:

Aaaaaaaaah, this is because you got picked as scum and your captain must have been online when the game opened

##Vote SolusLunes

Lol I’d buy this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Do we know if a boon is removed from the list once granted, btw?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Spoonsy posted:

Do we know if a boon is removed from the list once granted, btw?

Nope. It's a random selection from the list. Since you asked about the boons, some clarification I want to provide:

- PGOs still die to a nightkill
- Docs can't self-doc
- The town nightvig is one-shot
- Juggernauts will break through any number of docs/being bulletproof

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mr. Steak posted:

as for scientastic, he posted in response to me

and then went on to say

which, they can't both me true.

i made a very jokey post about this discrepancy, leaving sci plenty of room to acknowledge it without any seriousness, because i was just playing it off as a joke. however, sci entirely ignored my comment, potentially nervous about getting caught in a minor lie and not wanting to draw attention to it

Steak - it can very obviously be true. Scientastic would want to draft you as scum and assumes at least one of the scum captains would be coming from the same angle.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

this was avengers mafia, which was legendary for several reasons, mainly for lasting TWELVE DAYS (11 nights), and that i won as survivor through all that.

it was my 7th game *ever*, and 5th where i wasn't killed on d1. so it was majorly influential on the development on my meta (which probably isn't surprising to some people lmao). on day 1, the town just so happened to lunch one of two serial killers. and on day 3 i claimed gunsmith and correctly outed the other sk for reasons: i was given a fameclaim as surv, so when taste claimed surv i realized there's no way he'd claim that if he got a fakeclaim like me So that was part of why the 27 player game lasted so long. The other reason is I'd even fooled the scum into thinking I was a gunsmith (despite my wrong results) and they tried to kill me basically every night. But since I had 3 shots of hiding and or doc was super good, and somehow i was super clutch with not hidig on nights I was protected, this resulted in like 6 consecutive no-kill nights. So I simply made up results every day and coasted to the end of the game, while all of my wrong investigations were written off as the work of a framer or busdriver or something.

i definitely peaked w that game and will never achieve anything like it again

This reminds me of The Drugfather - looking it up in votefinder Sandwolf and Hal were both in that game if they remember it. In one of my first games back after my first multi-year layoff I managed to turn getting tracked to the claimed cop to roleblock them into a jailer claim, then immediately led town to like four consecutive town executions in a row. Even then, I had the idea there's no way I ever top that

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Tommunist posted:

He never left joke phase

Thought we were still there. I refuse to take this game seriously D1 with the exception that 100% Sandwolf is scum because I investigated him.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

DGK2000 posted:

Thought we were still there. I refuse to take this game seriously D1 with the exception that 100% Sandwolf is scum because I investigated him.

##vote Sandwolf fine I'll take it seriously if it means hitting scum D1.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Tommunist posted:

FWIW: My read on bif is self-aligned rather than scum and a vote on her isn't actually scum hunting per say, and that I will read more fully and build a better bigger brighter bouncier case on a real scum fellow or steak.

##vote Tommunist open setup stuff aside, reading someone as 3P from jokephase bullshit strikes me as forced and fake. What does that even mean, or are you just pointing fingers to point fingers?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote Tommunist open setup stuff aside, reading someone as 3P from jokephase bullshit strikes me as forced and fake. What does that even mean, or are you just pointing fingers to point fingers?

"Jokephase"

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

"forced" :ironicat:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Serious about my claim though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dgk if ur wrong do u promise to not spiral

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Tommunist posted:

"Jokephase"

Also i mean while bifs posts were to some extent jokey there the game had moved past joke phase and she'd responded serious and engaged with the game. Bullshit with forgetting its open game it was reasonable read from it. Suggesting otherwise is disengenious bullshit from you.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

DGK2000 posted:

"forced" :ironicat:

Basically this.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

DGK2000 posted:

Common man...

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Tommunist posted:

Also i mean while bifs posts were to some extent jokey there the game had moved past joke phase and she'd responded serious and engaged with the game at other points. Bullshit with forgetting its open game aside it was reasonable read from it. Suggesting otherwise is disengenious bullshit from you.

English hard this morning

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Tommunist posted:

"Jokephase"

##unvote that didn't read as facetious to me, that's probably from a combo of me being dumb and not having played with you before

DGK2000 posted:

Serious about my claim though.

Like, you had a non-public day action? I feel like I'm about to walk into the same rake again here

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

i think I'm gonna put myself in a wifom spiral...im autoclearing myself taste capnandy and humalong because in this game scum partners are chosen. i will not be voting for them this game.

i look at ggn yuming pecota and hal with mighty suspicion

I know this post is only half serious but this thought pattern is really bad and indicative of something scum will coast off unless challenged.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Hambeet loving, living, frolicking through day one with bad fake statistic posts.

##vote hambeet

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

dgk if ur wrong do u promise to not spiral

Yeah

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Im honestly so mad I've been left out of the au scum team with hambeet and bif

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

##unvote that didn't read as facetious to me, that's probably from a combo of me being dumb and not having played with you before

Like, you had a non-public day action? I feel like I'm about to walk into the same rake again here

Yes, like a non-public daycop

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Tommunist posted:

Hambeet loving, living, frolicking through day one with bad fake statistic posts.

##vote hambeet

His posts are also garbage in general just want to add its not just based on 60%!!!!!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Tommunist posted:

I know this post is only half serious but this thought pattern is really bad and indicative of something scum will coast off unless challenged.

I hope nobody really tries to peg how teams were picked seriously, especially after the game that was linked in the discord where gulagdolls picked everybody with names starting with "M"

DGK2000 posted:

Yes, like a non-public daycop

##vote Sandwolf sure, I'm in for that

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I hope nobody really tries to peg how teams were picked seriously, especially after the game that was linked in the discord where gulagdolls picked everybody with names starting with "M"

##vote Sandwolf sure, I'm in for that

No night actions other than NKs and the boon actions, if that player gets a boon usable at night - no player starts with any power other than their vote, and their kill if they're scum

##vote PoP gotem

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##unvote I openly admit I barely skimmed the OP before the game started, if you put me on the spot about whether "pinch mode" existed a few minutes ago I would have had no idea what that was

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tommunist posted:

that post is full serious not half serious. i legitimately believe scum would choose a team to help them win than lose, capnandy and i have notoriously bad reads so its better to leave us in the game where they dont have to worry about us loving up or getting lunched, taste is incredibly divisive and at high risk of getting lunched pretty much any time, humalong not quite as divisive but i think he's prolly a high risk of luncheon.

meanwhile lots of bad players tend to lean towards vocal leaders like pop and yuming, i myself have admitted to being lazy in games and just coasting off of merk and or yumings reads because they're usually on the money as town. ggn i think would also be someone picked because they're at low risk of lunch early on due to a more laid back observant play style, hal for the same reason, he isnt gonna be someone who typically is collecting votes. if i was drafting a team as scum those four are absolutely in my mix

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power of Pecota posted:

Steak - it can very obviously be true. Scientastic would want to draft you as scum and assumes at least one of the scum captains would be coming from the same angle.

uhhhhhhh i quoted sci's entire post unedited because i thought it was clear which part i was referring to.

i meant the part where he said "i forgot you were in this game"

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

that post is full serious not half serious. i legitimately believe scum would choose a team to help them win than lose, capnandy and i have notoriously bad reads so its better to leave us in the game where they dont have to worry about us loving up or getting lunched, taste is incredibly divisive and at high risk of getting lunched pretty much any time, humalong not quite as divisive but i think he's prolly a high risk of luncheon.

meanwhile lots of bad players tend to lean towards vocal leaders like pop and yuming, i myself have admitted to being lazy in games and just coasting off of merk and or yumings reads because they're usually on the money as town. ggn i think would also be someone picked because they're at low risk of lunch early on due to a more laid back observant play style, hal for the same reason, he isnt gonna be someone who typically is collecting votes. if i was drafting a team as scum those four are absolutely in my mix

I mean, merk sucks lately so don't bet on him but he isn't in this game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

uhhhhhhh i quoted sci's entire post unedited because i thought it was clear which part i was referring to.

i meant the part where he said "i forgot you were in this game"

Yeah I understood which part you meant.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Seriously though are we out of jokephase? Because I feel like maybe I took Sealab too seriously and this game feels like it should be jokey.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

Yeah I understood which part you meant.

i was responding to the person i quoted

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

which players in this game so you think might know you well enough as players to make that call? i for one sure wouldnt

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*do

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

Doing my boy humalong the Minotaur dirty

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Serious post: given that all opinions on players are emotive, particular to the individual and somewhat contributed by a million factors i would not trust anyone to have the same opinion you outline.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean at the end of the day yeah its purely my opinion.

dgk im referring to games i typically play to show my playstyle, if theres too many people or too much white noise, i do have a tendency to just pick 2 or 3 players i trust that normally read well, and just follow them until the field's way smaller.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

also what are you hmmming about? it wasn't a lie, i've been scumhunting way the heck more than i normally do on d1 (which is approximately 0)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Nope. It's a random selection from the list. Since you asked about the boons, some clarification I want to provide:

- PGOs still die to a nightkill
- Docs can't self-doc
- The town nightvig is one-shot
- Juggernauts will break through any number of docs/being bulletproof

Can you clarify what "becoming a Survivor" means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I demand to be shot