Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

what does it mean when the calculator starts putting letters in your results

i tried calculating how much wealth bezos would have by the time you could catch up to how much he has now (about 2.8 million years time)

assuming he makes around 78 billion a year vs an average us wage, it spat out 2.198E17 which i assume means he will be god emperor of mankind and will have a value best expressed via fractal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He could buy and sell a lot of countries.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If we were a barter economy he would have all the toilet paper.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you barter used tp?

I will give you 15 sheets slightly worn (never raced nor rallied)

for 3 clean ones

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh my god i just remembered when the British public thought toilet paper was going to be the most important thing for 2 weeks.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some people must still have mountains of it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i doubt they've stopped making GBS threads

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have just opened some junkmail that contained a belvita soft bake w choc chips

It was good, but how likely am I likely to die now. It sat on my doormat for 2 days.

I don't want to die just yet. Today is my birthday, am going round parents this arvo to have a bbq.

I hope I make it until after that atleast.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

happy bday friend!

enjoy your bbq and belvita shits

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
if youd bought it you might not eat it for like over a week so a couple of days seems fine? the storage recommendations for this product say a cool, dry place, so by doormat do you mean inside or out? and if out would it be in full sun?

to be honest I think this is unlikely to be the cause of your death

happy birthday

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cheers lads/lasses, I am getting scarcely close to the big 40, where I re-evaluate my life. Today I am 38yo

today my mum called me and could tell I was drunk. She said I can still go round if I stop drinking now.

hm. that will not happen.

expect fireworks ath about 15:00 hours

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

dont think you should be messing around with fireworks when intoxicated

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

yeah plus 3pm is a poo poo time for fireworks, too light

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
With sunglasses, it's not that pronounced and kinda just looks like they've been nudged maybe, but wearing a mask you can clearly see that my ears (and I guess whole head) is lopsided, it's like a big uneven spirit level across my face.

Also, what are we to do about Adolf Trumps meteoric rise to fascist dictatorship from here in the uk?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Cyril Sneeer posted:

Cheers lads/lasses, I am getting scarcely close to the big 40, where I re-evaluate my life. Today I am 38yo

Oh hay lock-life-crisis buddy, I'm turning 38 in a couple weeks and also in the middle of a big life laundry list. In a way lockdown has helped me make some big decisions (or at least work out the actions i need to take towards working out exactly what decisions i need to make), now i just need to start *taking* those actions.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

!Klams posted:

With sunglasses, it's not that pronounced and kinda just looks like they've been nudged maybe, but wearing a mask you can clearly see that my ears (and I guess whole head) is lopsided, it's like a big uneven spirit level across my face.

get a mask with a jaunty pattern that messes with peoples eyes so they don't notice you're skew-whiff

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

get a mask with a jaunty pattern that messes with peoples eyes so they don't notice you're skew-whiff

Paint your face with dazzle camoflage https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Happy b-day thread friend :shobon:

It's hot and I'm working with my top off while eating cheese slicing right off the block, #blessed.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

As a 43 year old, don't worry goon friends, it's not that bad :unsmith:

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII
2020 was a landmark birthday for me. COVID-19 is my fault..

Happy birthday! :confuoot:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Just done the big shop in Tesco, I would estimate that at least 80% of shoppers weren't wearing a mask.

Went to M&S afterwards for a few bits and bobs and it was the same in there.

People being stubborn right up until the last day? Or is this going to be how it is as of tomorrow? Because whether people in this thread like it or not, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut if I see someone walking towards me without a mask on when shopping.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

My last two shops (lidl and co op in Edinburgh) were 100% masked as far as I could see. I'd be interested to see how it varies by location, size of store etc

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I suspect the voluntary takeup and enforcement of masks in shops around here will be the same as on public transport. Basically zero. Do whatever you want. Nothing is real.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Nipped to the garden centre at lunchtime for some miracle-gro, seems like everyone’s masking up except pensioners.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

Because whether people in this thread like it or not,

consider this my strongly worded protest

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dell_Zincht posted:

Just done the big shop in Tesco, I would estimate that at least 80% of shoppers weren't wearing a mask.

Went to M&S afterwards for a few bits and bobs and it was the same in there.

People being stubborn right up until the last day? Or is this going to be how it is as of tomorrow? Because whether people in this thread like it or not, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut if I see someone walking towards me without a mask on when shopping.

well aren't you a big strong lad who definitely won't actually just silently fume at people

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the government/media have basically been building up the idea that you don't really have to wear a mask for ages now. everytime it's mentioned they always say it's not going to be enforced and that you shouldn't question or do anything about non-mask wearers because of disabilities.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

just like with social distancing fines will only be enforced against the blecks

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

So I was working in aisle 7 of Tescos and no one was wearing masks so I went up to everyone and farted in their childrens faces, absolute blasters too - smelt like a rotting whale carcass on a beach, and then I went on the PA system and did a speech about how everyone should wear masks because its the right thing to do and everyone broke into applause and Gina the sexy bakery girl made out with me and let me gently caress her in the butt and then Einstein said congrats

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm going to watch the BIG XBOX ANNOUNCEMENT and shake my head at what they've done to my beautiful halo

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Barry White posted:

Lockdown started on my 30th, it was the first time since I was 19 that I tried to organise a party so some of the blame for this is on me

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Barry White posted:

Congrats on being old enough to do a paper round

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

well aren't you a big strong lad who definitely won't actually just silently fume at people

I'm the kind of person who doesn't think before he speaks, it's gotten me into trouble before tbh

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesco aisle 7 is usually Milk/Butter/Cream/Cheese if that helps people visualise things better

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
It does

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My company is trying to say that we all had a week of holiday during furlough so they're paying us 20% of 5 days of holiday ha ha ha my boss is a liar a thief and a oval office

I am aware that this is most likely illegal what they're trying to do so hopefully we get it all sorted

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm the kind of person who doesn't think before he speaks, it's gotten me into trouble before tbh

complaining at people won't help to be honest. the best thing to do is just to make it clear that you're avoiding them and are uncomfortable with their lack of masks but in a polite way.

i think the best thing everyone can do is just wear a mask themselves. people who don't are gonna feel very silly when everyone else is.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

fridge corn posted:

My company is trying to say that we all had a week of holiday during furlough so they're paying us 20% of 5 days of holiday ha ha ha my boss is a liar a thief and a oval office

I am aware that this is most likely illegal what they're trying to do so hopefully we get it all sorted

I really hope a load of Tory voting small business owning gently caress heads who do poo poo like this get thoroughly shafted by HMRC

Today I had a training seminar so I put up a roller blind in my room while in mute. Managed to cut the blind wonkey like always, but passable. Soon my gooncave will be complete and I will have no need for the outside world

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

complaining at people won't help to be honest. the best thing to do is just to make it clear that you're avoiding them and are uncomfortable with their lack of masks but in a polite way.

i think the best thing everyone can do is just wear a mask themselves. people who don't are gonna feel very silly when everyone else is.

I've seen a lot of Facebook comments on my local news pages from people who are going to refuse to wear a mask on the grounds that the government have told them they have to.

Now I think the Tories have really hosed the dealing of the pandemic and it's probably a case of "too little, too late" but I'm still going to wear a mask while shopping because I'm not a oval office, not because it's the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII

freelop posted:

Lockdown started on my 30th, it was the first time since I was 19 that I tried to organise a party so some of the blame for this is on me

I can't blame you for that, I'd been WFH for a week or so before lockdown. I'm now nearing the end of week 20 and am considering feeding myself to the dog.