Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I don't know why but some of the most fun I've had in this series is wrecking the planet as Wulfrik. Got to watch as he personally slew the poo poo out of Known Mondo Dork Archaon on the field of battle. Can't believe it even offered me the option to join, Wulfrik is the clearly the true favorite of the dark gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The elves really aren't that impressive considering they've trained for a thousand years tbh

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Folks were talking about good casted competitive MP matches a while back. Who are the best people to watch for that kind of stuff? I know Turin but I assume there are others.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zzulu posted:

The elves really aren't that impressive considering they've trained for a thousand years tbh

All the training in the world isn't gonna stop a bullet.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have lived for 5433 years. I spent 2000 of those years honing my arts to become supernaturally skilled in combat. I have seen the rise and fall of empires and the coming and going of chaos invasions. I am-

OI, WOTS 'DIS THEN? YOU SOME SORT OF ELF??

*shoots elf dead with pistol*

"Wow, I really wasted those 5433 years huh"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Rhjamiz posted:

Folks were talking about good casted competitive MP matches a while back. Who are the best people to watch for that kind of stuff? I know Turin but I assume there are others.

I liked PartyElite's videos but he doesn't really make multiplayer ones anymore.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Zzulu posted:

Most Elves in the levees of Ulthuan aren't thousands of years old, they might be 100 or 200 tops. Pretty sure Tyrion and Teclis aren't even over 500. Elves are always getting into so many fights that most of their older folks are either at home wounded or dead.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Most Elves in the levees of Ulthuan aren't thousands of years old, they might be 100 or 200 tops. Pretty sure Tyrion and Teclis aren't even over 500. Elves are always getting into so many fights that most of their older folks are either at home wounded or dead.
Many of those fights with themselves because of petty politicial drama!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

Many of those fights with themselves because of petty politicial drama!
But enough about the Jacksonvilel Jaguars....

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm a big fan of Heir of Carthage's stuff. He's the fun kinda dweeb who just really loves this stuff and makes lame dad jokes all throughout. It's great.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

It's amazing how the elves think they're so superior when they seem to be just as bad as humans on the whole diplomacy thing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

dogstile posted:

It's amazing how the elves think they're so superior when they seem to be just as bad as humans on the whole diplomacy thing.
Elves are great at diplomacy. Unfortunately they spend 95% of that diplomatic effort crafting sick burns on eachother

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

dogstile posted:

On thing I like about Warhams is that the elves are as fallible and dumb as everyone else, with added gullibility because they are so convinced of their own superiority.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Too be fair isn’t the elves’ general haughtiness a result of a genetic defect the Old Ones just didn’t feel like fixing?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Ah yes, the elves are genetically assholes

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ethiser posted:

Too be fair isn’t the elves’ general haughtiness a result of a genetic defect the Old Ones just didn’t feel like fixing?

I mean the Old One's ideal is a group of Ogres and Halflings working in concert. That might be more of a feature than a bug :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

But enough about the Jacksonvilel Jaguars....

I can't wait for the new HE unit: The Golden Jaguars of Jacksonville

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

I thought that couldn't be right, but then I just looked at a timeline. The Colleges of Magic, which were founded by Teclis when he was good enough at magic to do that, were founded in 2304, about 200 years before Karl Franz's coronation in the "present." That's not that long at all in the history of the Empire.

Malekith and Morathi are over 5000.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
oldest elf alive is a dark elf

because all elves are dark elves

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dr Christmas posted:

I thought that couldn't be right, but then I just looked at a timeline. The Colleges of Magic, which were founded by Teclis when he was good enough at magic to do that, were founded in 2304, about 200 years before Karl Franz's coronation in the "present." That's not that long at all in the history of the Empire.

In the RPG the average starting age for a PC elf is somewhere between 30 and 60. They'll all TELL you they've been doing whatever they're doing for centuries and have attained absolute perfection but most of them just aren't that crazy old. They're just bullshitting to sound better than they are. Which is normal elf behavior.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

I mean the Old One's ideal is a group of Ogres and Halflings working in concert. That might be more of a feature than a bug :v:
It's a perfect combo and I will not hear otherwise.
:colbert:

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Between that and some of the portrayals of Kroxigar and Skink, I like the idea that the old ones just really enjoyed the one huge guy, one little guy anesthetic.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

LeSquide posted:

Between that and some of the portrayals of Kroxigar and Skink, I like the idea that the old ones just really enjoyed the one huge guy, one little guy anesthetic.

skink LL with one man band kroxigor mount when?

they need to backport grom's ability to attack while leaving melee to all other mounted lords. right now a horse mount just seems to get your melee lord trapped and killed. they're impossible to charge cycle because they can't get out of an infantry blob, and your guy won't attack while trying to leave which makes no sense. the horse is trying to run away, why can't the guy on its back melee attack while that happens? it would also clear a path to escape so you could potentially charge cycle a lord.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah I appreciate that the warhammer elves really pay for their arrogance. Sure some of them can back it up, but it basically always leads them into trouble. Which makes me root harder for the arrogant bastards because when they do back up their claims it's usually awesome.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Imrik is pure elf and he is beautiful

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

In all of my campaigns poor Imrik doesn't last long. :smith:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I remember during the game 2 reveals, everyone was hating on elves, especially dark elves, cuz like "ugh i hate these tryhard races for nerds, give me the wacky rats" and like

NO listen to the loving elves, look at what they do. They are the best, and funniest.

Dr Christmas posted:

Teclis: founds colleges of magic 200 years ago

Also Teclis:

Teclis posted:

I have come, as I have come to you over four centuries ago. Four lifetimes in your reckoning, yet less than a generation in ours. Though the people of the Phoenix King have their own woes, the time has come again when our paths must cross, for the fate of the world hangs in balance. No race can stand against the threat that gathers in the cold wastes of the north. Not alone will the mighty numbers of men, nor the stone walls of the dwarfs, nor the fleets of Ulthuan hold back the tide of darkness if we are divided.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 28, 2020

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Teclis is a drat NERD

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGb5CntK9-U
(They talk about it in the first two minutes.)

For the upcoming Troy, Menelaus has a mechanic where he can recruit units from any faction that he is in good standing with. I hope this is a test for Dogs of War in Warhammer, it would really fit their playstyle. Imagine if Dogs of War were the pre-order faction for Warhammer 3, that would be pretty nuts, and it would make sense considering they would mesh with the existing warhammer 2 factions perfectly.

Don't give up on Morgan Bernhardt and the Grudgebringers just yet.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 29, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the centigor milk from grom's cauldron is CLEARLY a hint about the next lord dlc

the milk is cum -> ghorros warhoof is a centigor who loves to cum (canon) -> the next lord pack is ghorros warhoof

my logic is infalliable!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
the milk is NOT cum. but it does have a lot of T in it so drink up to make them gains

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

congratulations skarsnik. you're going to give birth to a healthy litter of centigors

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ammanas posted:

the milk is NOT cum. but it does have a lot of T in it so drink up to make them gains

How do you milk a 'boy'?

Or do orcs just not have proper understandings of gender? Because they have none.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Or do orcs just not have proper understandings of gender? Because they have none.

This might actually be it, everyone is a "boy" to the orcs. I'm more familiar with 40k ork physiology, but I think fantasy orcs are probably similar. They are essentially fungus that release spores wherever they go and, especially when they die they tend to infect the area, leading to snotlings, the most basic type of greenskin, forming first who sort of "farm" the other mushrooms and help them develop into more complex versions.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How do you milk a 'boy'?

Maybe we're not quite the experts in centigor biology as we'd like to think.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dramicus posted:

This might actually be it, everyone is a "boy" to the orcs. I'm more familiar with 40k ork physiology, but I think fantasy orcs are probably similar. They are essentially fungus that release spores wherever they go and, especially when they die they tend to infect the area, leading to snotlings, the most basic type of greenskin, forming first who sort of "farm" the other mushrooms and help them develop into more complex versions.

are we still talking about cum

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the 40k explanation of orcs coming from spores got kinda backported to fantasy. now the canon explanation of how greenskins got to warhammer fantasy world is that their spores hitched a ride on one of the Old Ones ufos.

which kind of makes the old ones look like dickheads, they spend all that time trying to make a race of warriors that can resist chaos, then a perfect warrior race who is immune to chaos corruption just gets dragged in by coincidence.

the bloodbowl orcs have gender but i think theyre the only orcs across the GW franchises who do

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the bloodbowl orcs have gender but i think theyre the only orcs across the GW franchises who do

I think it was purely because they wanted cheerleaders for each race. But frankly, normal orc cheerleaders would have been way funnier.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
If I remember, the naughty bits on cheerleaders are just squigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zzulu posted:

I have lived for 5433 years. I spent 2000 of those years honing my arts to become supernaturally skilled in combat. I have seen the rise and fall of empires and the coming and going of chaos invasions. I am-

OI, WOTS 'DIS THEN? YOU SOME SORT OF ELF??

*shoots elf dead with pistol*

"Wow, I really wasted those 5433 years huh"

Look forward to the next FLC lord.

Glock Goblin.