Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

It's a tool to generate more librams from an existing stack before you play Liadrin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Spellburst means that cheap spells become a bit more valuable than they are now. How does this work with the Elven Archer clone that returns to your hand? Will you get one back into hand, plus a 1/1 copy that you can also bounce?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
gently caress they really need to speed up the animation of Dream Portals being drawn. I know it's stupid but I lost a game because it takes about 15 seconds for 2 Dream Portals to come out of the deck and then wait for the "real" draw. I like how they sped up the Truesilver Champion animation.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

orangelex44 posted:

Seems pretty good, at least situationally? Less so for Paladin because most of the unit they'd want to copy already have divine shield.

FREE FROM THAT BLASTED TOWER

Also in Wild, a hilariously solid thing to smack onto a Primalfin Champion.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

:getin:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Also I missed this until rereading the card, the tokens are both Treants and Totems.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 27, 2020

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I hope the card’s real name is “Spell Damage Mage”.

Next card they reveal should be a 10/10 charger for 10 called “Big Warrior”. (In jest, the real problem with that card would be evolve effects, not actually being played.)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That treant totem card is pretty neat.

Shockeh posted:

At worst, at worst, it's Draw 4 for 4, in a Class that is basically cardvomit, and only doesn't empty it's hand because for some bizarre reason Blizzard thought '+draw' was a class identity.

You have to actively go out of your way to make it bad. At best, it's mad as gently caress disruption, because your hand will be empty and theirs won't be, so you've just discarded X for them and also hosed up whatever plans they had. Even if it wasn't a powerful effect (it is), it's very well situated in a Class that benefits a lot from it, and to boot it's a lovely design because it fucks around uninteractively with the other player - There's nothing they can do about it, it might just go 'lol you lose' and remove all the counterplay you were holding back.

So yeah, even if I thought it was a 'balanced' effect (whatever nebulous subjective opinion anyone has on what that means) I'd still think it's a poo poo card, because it shouldn't exist.

It's also worse than a dead card in aggro mirrors, it's not even a strictly good one in control matchups because say, Control Priest doesn't want to sit there on turn 4 with 2 Plagues of Death, Soul Mirror and Murozond or w/e.

I think it's a bit strong but people are way overreacting.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

So that choose 2 is actually just optional overload for an upgrade?? Crazy

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

a fatguy baldspot posted:

So that choose 2 is actually just optional overload for an upgrade?? Crazy

6 mana for 8/8 stats is decent enough but I can't see the overload option being chosen that often, 8 mana deal 8 damage to enemy minions isn't that good and if Spell Druid is behind on board you're probably going to lose anyway

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Also I missed this until rereading the card, the tokens are both Treants and Totems.

Hell yeah we finally got Kicker in Hearthstone

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

6 mana for 8/8 stats is decent enough but I can't see the overload option being chosen that often, 8 mana deal 8 damage to enemy minions isn't that good and if Spell Druid is behind on board you're probably going to lose anyway

Could be useful for Totem shaman. If you give them Rush, anytime you summon a copy it will have Rush as well.

And sometimes you just really need to clear something dangerous, and having the option is much better than not.

I'm assuming the Quest druid/Fandrel version is going to be Rush, no Overload. Could be a decent card there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New Mage/Rogue legendary

Seems okay I guess? Weird card.

EDIT: Worth mentioning that both of Mage's other legendaries happen to be 5 mana...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Very flavourful effect representing the Scholomance fight, also has a humongous variance which kinda sucks. Rolling taunt so you can protect the "fake" card, or rolling a beneficial deathrattle would be ideal, but there are a lot of low-stat 5 drops too and you are often only getting "one" and a 2/1.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

What the hell is that even?
I mean, looks fun, might lead to situations where you choose the good minion you got believing that else your opponent will kill it immediately. Also can imagine some friend requests to happen after such a game, but no idea how to use that properly.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I kinda get the design because boy howdy it'd suck if you put too much resources removing the fake card.

It's a cool card, just not entirely sure it's good.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

A 1 mana 1/3 with spell damage is more busted than mana wyrm was at 1 mana

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Beasteh posted:

Looks like Ras Frostwhisper is back on the menu, boys!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I assume this is a preliminary translation? Because that is way more confusing card text than they're usually willing to print.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Beasteh posted:

lol no, for one coin doesn't do damage with spell damage!

e: I am happy that they actually properly valued spell damage for once, in comparison to the priest 1/4, spell damage is valued at a little under half a mana which is correct

Firebert fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 27, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sir Lemming posted:

I assume this is a preliminary translation? Because that is way more confusing card text than they're usually willing to print.

Correct, the card isn't out in English yet.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Guaranteed to get at least one draw, seems pretty strong, especially if you can force draw the opponent somehow

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you can cast keymaster and glide in the same turn wowza

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Firebert posted:

Guaranteed to get at least one draw, seems pretty strong, especially if you can force draw the opponent somehow

What the gently caress

EDIT: Okay I guess it's not as broken as it looks since it's a 7 mana do nothing, and sometimes the card you get isn't going to be helpful at all.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 27, 2020

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Firebert posted:

I see this being quite solid in a lot of decks just for the knowledge you get. Rogue, especially, for more cheap activators and thief support. (Demon hunter as well seeing as you can force your opponent to draw cards pretty easily!) It's pretty competitively statted for the price too.

It's a potential terror in wild, makes Coldlight Oracle basically a hand refill.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

there must be (another) something wrong with my brain. whenever I see one of these dual-class cards my mind just does not parse the right side's color. wonder how long that'll take to unlearn

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Firebert posted:

Interesting counterplay to your opponent playing Polkelt, get a 1 mana Malygos/Alexstrasza etc.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

World War Mammories posted:

there must be (another) something wrong with my brain. whenever I see one of these dual-class cards my mind just does not parse the right side's color. wonder how long that'll take to unlearn
I'm curious how they're going to be sorted in the Collection menu. Will they be placed with one of the classes or will they get a new category of their own?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

NorgLyle posted:

I'm curious how they're going to be sorted in the Collection menu. Will they be placed with one of the classes or will they get a new category of their own?

They show up in both appropriate class lists.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RatHat posted:

What the gently caress

EDIT: Okay I guess it's not as broken as it looks since it's a 7 mana do nothing, and sometimes the card you get isn't going to be helpful at all.

getting a card from your opponent's deck discounted down to 1 is worth something like 3 mana on average (and more if we get more Big decks in the meta like Warrior and Warlock seem to be aiming towards)

a 7 mana 6/8 that generates you ~3 mana of value at least once seems pretty decent IMO

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Going to be hilarious when druids are putting that down on turn 4.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Research Project or Naturalize with that is going to be degenerate in control matchups

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

This card art is super cute, and the concept makes so much sense. Shaman totems are made from wood, and druids are all about animating trees, so if you combine the two, you get treant totems. This is very cool flavor.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
It could also be a very, very nice clear combined with a totemic surge. And if course, druid always likes ways of filling the board.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Soul Fragment (DH/WL) mechanic video just came out, and featuring a ton of related cards. Looks neat.

And still, not a single hunter-only card has been revealed. Ughhhh.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I've fantasized they'd kill off the Hunter class for years, I guess DH is their way of doing that *monkey paw curl*

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

The Soul Fragments and associated cards all seem pretty good and is going to make healing in Quest Warlock way more reliable.

Adding them to DH seems degenerate, but that seems to be their class identity.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
from that video:

DH 4 mana 4/2 weapon Battlecry: shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck

WL 3 mana spell: deal 2 damage to all minions. Shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck

WL 5 mana 4/5 Demon with Taunt and Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to gain +3/+3

WL 3 mana 3/4 minion Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to deal 3 damage

DH 5 mana 5/5 minion Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to give your hero +5 attack this turn

DH 3 mana 3/2 minion Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to deal 3 damage to all other minions

I'm assuming there are going to be more ways to shuffle in Soul Fragments because otherwise the whole mechanic seems way too inconsistent to be much good

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Christ one of those DH cards is just Truesilver Champion - does that class really need to be a collection of the best cards that every other class has?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Julio Cruz posted:

from that video:

DH 4 mana 4/2 weapon Battlecry: shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck

WL 3 mana spell: deal 2 damage to all minions. Shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck

WL 5 mana 4/5 Demon with Taunt and Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to gain +3/+3

WL 3 mana 3/4 minion Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to deal 3 damage

DH 5 mana 5/5 minion Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to give your hero +5 attack this turn

DH 3 mana 3/2 minion Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to deal 3 damage to all other minions

I'm assuming there are going to be more ways to shuffle in Soul Fragments because otherwise the whole mechanic seems way too inconsistent to be much good

There's two of three dual-class cards that shuffle in soul fragments as well, including a 1-mana 1/3. DH at least will def be running the weapon and 5 attack guy for the juicy face damage.