Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nuclear_cheetos
Apr 22, 2005

mmmmmmmm......cheesy!
Bought a 55 inch CX this morning for what I'm assuming is a too good to be true price. Fully expecting a B series or the 48 inch to show up at my door, and if this is the case I'll just return it.

First decent set since I lost my Panasonic VT to an ex and it is now "the bedroom tv" that people play games and watch movies on with little to no regard for retention or burn-in.

Really hope the LG CX is legit as a monitor or it will be short lived and replaced with a QLED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

abelwingnut posted:

so i have samsung's the frame. bought it in november. it's doing this thing where for about 5 seconds it'll get...choppy. like, the framerate just kind of drops and it's very unnatural. it has occurred on channels and all types of videos.

any idea what this could be?

At a wild guess, if you are using any motion smoothing or interpolation, maybe it's glitching out. If you haven't already, try disabling all the motion processing features like that. Does it happen on all inputs/sources?

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
After having the same hand-me-down rear projection monstrosity for the past 10 years, we're finally ready to buy a modern TV.

We don't need one urgently, but it would really free up a lot of space in the corner currently occupied by this bigass Toshiba.

Are the savings around Black Friday *that* big, or would finding a decent sale right now be comparable? We're not in the market for anything super premium: probably in the sub-$800 range, around 55", no niche requirements.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Vizio M series Quantum, TCL 615, and Hisense H8G, H9F and H9G are all under $800 at 55 inches, with semi-permanent/ongoing discounts.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

dakana posted:

Are the savings around Black Friday *that* big, or would finding a decent sale right now be comparable? We're not in the market for anything super premium: probably in the sub-$800 range, around 55", no niche requirements.
It's kind of hard to say right now given the pandemic raises questions about production, r&d, release schedules and other industrial concerns.
That, and the complete question mark hanging over everyone's head asking "will we have enough money to actually spend on Christmas"

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
The TCL we had in the basement gave it up after only 3 years, I guess you get what you pay for. We have an OLED upstairs as our main display so we just need something for secondary viewing and gaming. I looked at Hisense, Vizio and TCL but I don't want to deal with the shoddy QC, lack of support and other issues so I decided to go with a Sony X900H. The 65" was on sale for $1699 Canadian but I talked the guy at Visions down to $1500 which seemed more than fair considering the features.

The SOC is super fast and responsive, Android TV flies on the thing. Only has 5GB of onboard storage but it does have a USB port for adopted storage if you wanna do the Kodi thing. Otherwise its perfect for streaming services, Youtube, etc. The per input picture settings work very well and it switches automatically as expected. The remote is large but has everything you would expect including some customizable buttons. It is not backlit which is a bit of a bummer but I generally hover around the same 5-8 buttons so no big deal. The bezels are very thin but the TV is slightly chunky at the back. The TV stand is barebones and you cannot adjust the position of the legs but they did include cable management clips at least.

Picture quality itself is fantastic, I am shocked at how much these full array local dimming TVs have improved. Our OLED is 3-4 years old and this looks so close that its going to be hard to convince my partner to get another OLED in the future. Viewing angles are typical of a VA panel, it supports WCG, contrast is good, HDR peak brightness is solid and the out of the box calibration is very good. Gaming performance is fantastic, low input lag with game mode as expected. It's a 120hz native refresh panel and a future firmware update is coming soon to enable VRR which is another reason I chose this over Hisense/etc. It supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, I tend to prefer the latter.

Anyways super impressed with this set, gives my OLED a run for the money in some content.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 27, 2020

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The Gunslinger posted:

The TCL we had in the basement gave it up after only 3 years, I guess you get what you pay for. We have an OLED upstairs as our main display so we just need something for secondary viewing and gaming. I looked at Hisense, Vizio and TCL but I don't want to deal with the shoddy QC, lack of support and other issues so I decided to go with a Sony X900H. The 65" was on sale for $1699 Canadian but I talked the guy at Visions down to $1500 which seemed more than fair considering the features.

The SOC is super fast and responsive, Android TV flies on the thing. Only has 5GB of onboard storage but it does have a USB port for adopted storage if you wanna do the Kodi thing. Otherwise its perfect for streaming services, Youtube, etc. The per input picture settings work very well and it switches automatically as expected. The remote is large but has everything you would expect including some customizable buttons. It is not backlit which is a bit of a bummer but I generally hover around the same 5-8 buttons so no big deal. The bezels are very thin but the TV is slightly chunky at the back. The TV stand is barebones and you cannot adjust the position of the legs but they did include cable management clips at least.

Picture quality itself is fantastic, I am shocked at how much these full array local dimming TVs have improved. Our OLED is 3-4 years old and this looks so close that its going to be hard to convince my partner to get another OLED in the future. Viewing angles are typical of a VA panel, it supports WCG, contrast is good, HDR peak brightness is solid and the out of the box calibration is very good. Gaming performance is fantastic, low input lag with game mode as expected. It's a 120hz native refresh panel and a future firmware update is coming soon to enable VRR which is another reason I chose this over Hisense/etc. It supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, I tend to prefer the latter.

Anyways super impressed with this set, gives my OLED a run for the money in some content.

Yeah those Sony sets and above are my go to reco for high end LCD sets if you don't want OLED. They're nice. Kinda regretting not splurging for that over the TCL 6 series to be honest.

Although I have a 1 year old and 6 year old and the TCL has already taken some impacts from a toddler wielding remotes like swords and a kid playing frisbee in house. So maybe I'll just be better served to wait until they grow up a bit ha.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, I feel pretty similarly about my two X900E (though I think it's using a slower SoC for the AndroidTV functions) that I have in my bedroom (49") and gaming room (65").

The viewing angle issue of LCDs is the biggest issue for me. In a room with nearly any ambient light, a lot of the black level stuff is hidden well with local dimming and Sony's motion engine and out of the box calibration is always the best in the business. Off axis viewing is what would kill it for my living room setup as I have a very rectangular living room with seating and TV on the long sides of the rectangle so the angles at either sides of the viewing area are pretty extreme.

It's nice having the choice though. If I want to watch anything where I'm worried about static logos or have really challenging motion to deal with, I'll watch on my gaming room TV and save the OLED for streaming and disc stuff that doesn't have those risks.

3d is what's going to keep my C6 in the living room until it dies though.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
I tried a 950G I believe before I bought my B9. It was very nice but I found the clouding with HDR kind of annoying even with full array. I had a KS8000 before and preferred their edge lit local dimming to the Sony's.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah I did my share of evangelising for the KS8000 (or KS7000 as it's called here for reasons I'm still not completely sure of) in 2016-8 and don't regret getting it at all - it's been great, except for two things;

1) The mainboard HDMI bandwidth problem, which I complained at length about, and

2) The effect its dimming/contrast/both has on credits sequences that briefly fade to completely black between lines (which is to say, basically all of them). It's distracting as gently caress. I do wish it had proper 2D zones and not just lengthwise but hey, it was 2016. Needless to say I won't be having this problem with the CX (which I'll be picking up in a couple months, probably a few days before a Ł200 price drop knowing my luck).

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Yeah I have a X900F and I really like it. Of course when I bought it OLEDs will still nearly twice the price so the situation is a bit different now.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

Fedule posted:

Yeah I did my share of evangelising for the KS8000 (or KS7000 as it's called here for reasons I'm still not completely sure of) in 2016-8 and don't regret getting it at all - it's been great, except for two things;

1) The mainboard HDMI bandwidth problem, which I complained at length about, and

2) The effect its dimming/contrast/both has on credits sequences that briefly fade to completely black between lines (which is to say, basically all of them). It's distracting as gently caress. I do wish it had proper 2D zones and not just lengthwise but hey, it was 2016. Needless to say I won't be having this problem with the CX (which I'll be picking up in a couple months, probably a few days before a Ł200 price drop knowing my luck).

Are you talking about the breathing effect from the dimming? Yea that was annoying. Also, Dolby Vision looks noticeably better compared to HDR10. I really liked the 8000 but it died after 3 years and now with the B9 I don't think I could go back. Hopefully micro-led will be an affordable thing by the time I upgrade.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Hello thread I am in the market for a new tv. I was dead set in getting one of the 55 inch TCL 6 series QLED TVs that we’re under $500 a few weeks ago but then I procrastinated and they are nowhere to be seen. Can I get some recommendations for similar quality TVs around $500? The two main ones I was looking at were the Vizio M series Hisnese H8G which is on sale at Best Buy for $500. I just don’t know enough about the differences.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 28, 2020

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I'm looking to get an LG 77" CX and had a couple questions, if any of you with LGs could help me out.

1) How do the LG OLEDS do with upscaling HD cable signals? We watch a fair amount of TV on the weeknights over a cable box, and the box stores only ever feed UHD signals to their display sets.

2) Is the unboxing and physical set up of the set difficult? I'm a little wary given how thin the screen is that I'm going to bend it or break it trying to get it out of the packaging.

3) I'm not paying the incredible price for the Geek Squad protection at Best Buy. Out of my other two options, it seems like Costco has the better warranty, you can get 3 years of Squaretrade for free on top of the 2 year manufacturer and they state they cover dead pixels (something like 6 or 8+). Amazon's addon warranty is suspicious and costs extra. Is there any other option I should consider? Burn-in coverage would be nice but I'm not particularly worried- it seems as long as I mix up what I view, I should be safe, and we probably do an equal amount of TV and gaming, adding movies/Netflix on the weekend.

4) Any idea what the clearance would be from the furniture the TV will sit on to the bottom edge of the bevel, once I put the set in its stand? I'd like to leave my cable box there if possible.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The 900 is on at Costco for 1398 cdn ATM I believe, maybe it's only an exec member deal

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/WirecutterDeals/status/1288093567404183558?s=20

Through Best Buy

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rad Valtar posted:

Hello thread I am in the market for a new tv. I was dead set in getting one of the 55 inch TCL 6 series QLED TVs that we’re under $500 a few weeks ago but then I procrastinated and they are nowhere to be seen. Can I get some recommendations for similar quality TVs around $500? The two main ones I was looking at were the Vizio M series Hisnese H8G which is on sale at Best Buy for $500. I just don’t know enough about the differences.

What's the specific M Series model number? I know over the past two years Vizio models have gone through some rearranging and there are some poo poo tier M Series out there now. I'd probably go Hisense. It's a good tv.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Listerine posted:

I'm looking to get an LG 77" CX and had a couple questions, if any of you with LGs could help me out.

1) How do the LG OLEDS do with upscaling HD cable signals? We watch a fair amount of TV on the weeknights over a cable box, and the box stores only ever feed UHD signals to their display sets.

2) Is the unboxing and physical set up of the set difficult? I'm a little wary given how thin the screen is that I'm going to bend it or break it trying to get it out of the packaging.

3) I'm not paying the incredible price for the Geek Squad protection at Best Buy. Out of my other two options, it seems like Costco has the better warranty, you can get 3 years of Squaretrade for free on top of the 2 year manufacturer and they state they cover dead pixels (something like 6 or 8+). Amazon's addon warranty is suspicious and costs extra. Is there any other option I should consider? Burn-in coverage would be nice but I'm not particularly worried- it seems as long as I mix up what I view, I should be safe, and we probably do an equal amount of TV and gaming, adding movies/Netflix on the weekend.

4) Any idea what the clearance would be from the furniture the TV will sit on to the bottom edge of the bevel, once I put the set in its stand? I'd like to leave my cable box there if possible.

1. LG's upscaling is just fine.

2. You'll want at least one other person to unbox. Watch some unboxing/setup videos beforehand. Don't unbox a 77" TV by yourself, especially an OLED.

3. The Geek Squad protection is generally considered the best out there, and although you aren't concerned about burn-in, is the only one that does specifically cover that, and anecdotally seems to be the easiest to deal with. Squaretrade if you get if for cheap/free is better than nothing but lots of stories of people being asked to settle for way worse TVs as replacements or really having to fight to get repairs or compensation otherwise. For what it's worth LG's own support is supposedly very good and has extended to one time out of warranty replacements but YMMV, don't necessarily expect that, etc.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Red Warrior posted:

2. You'll want at least one other person to unbox. Watch some unboxing/setup videos beforehand. Don't unbox a 77" TV by yourself, especially an OLED.
Absolutely this.

There's a little more stability to the thing than you'd believe, but you do not want to handle it alone. Especially since the design gives you no place to really grasp it and it's bottom heavy and kind of clunky.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

BonoMan posted:

What's the specific M Series model number? I know over the past two years Vizio models have gone through some rearranging and there are some poo poo tier M Series out there now. I'd probably go Hisense. It's a good tv.

Thanks for the response but I actually found the 55 inch TCL 6 series on Best Buy, not sure how I missed it, so I’m going with that one.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rad Valtar posted:

Thanks for the response but I actually found the 55 inch TCL 6 series on Best Buy, not sure how I missed it, so I’m going with that one.

Good. Good TV - it's what I have

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

BonoMan posted:

Good. Good TV - it's what I have

I’m very excited, then I looked up the width of the tv and it’s 1/2 inch too wide for my stand because the feet are on the outside edge of the TV. gently caress me.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

The feet can be inverted fyi.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I saw this as well, I'm not sure if the 8 series offers a significant boost in value to go with one instead of the 6 series. I think I'm going to end up getting a 6, if I was going to be spending $1000 I don't know if I would want to be spending it on a TCL.

BigDumper fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 29, 2020

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

halokiller posted:

The feet can be inverted fyi.

In their natural state they already inverted

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

BonoMan posted:

In their natural state they already inverted

Oh I didn’t realize they were, i guess I’ll get the TV and see if they are inverted enough to fit. If not I might just buy a universal tv stand as an alternative to the feet.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

What are you all talking about? Make absolutely sure the TCL legs don't fit, it's a great TV. All the press photos show the legs outward, not inward, but as noted they fit inward perfectly and it actually looks a little cooler.

My legs are inverted and fit on the entertainment center with a hilariously small quarter inch or so of clearance on either side, it's awesome.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just get a super wide media console :smug:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Inner Light posted:

What are you all talking about? Make absolutely sure the TCL legs don't fit, it's a great TV. All the press photos show the legs outward, not inward, but as noted they fit inward perfectly and it actually looks a little cooler.

My legs are inverted and fit on the entertainment center with a hilariously small quarter inch or so of clearance on either side, it's awesome.

That's the 2018 model.

The 2019 model has slightly inward legs. And they are close to flush with the edge of the TV.

edit: You can kinda tell from the pic but the back legs bow inward further than the front. From edge to edge on the front legs is 48 and 3/16 inches.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 29, 2020

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Josh Lyman posted:

Just get a super wide media console :smug:

This just makes your TV look smaller. We have a 55" that is almost too small for a big living room. But it's on a smaller tv stand, just offset to the right and a lamp to the left. The scale of the tighter fit makes the relative size of the TV seem bigger.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

2014's "Lucy" might be the best looking 4k HDR film I've watched so far.

And I say this as someone who was extremely dispapointed by that my first go-around :frogbon:

What are some other amazing movies worth breaking in your new TV on?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Those OT Star Wars rescans are good. Ford v Ferrari was good.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

BonoMan posted:

That's the 2018 model.

The 2019 model has slightly inward legs. And they are close to flush with the edge of the TV.

edit: You can kinda tell from the pic but the back legs bow inward further than the front. From edge to edge on the front legs is 48 and 3/16 inches.

Yeah if they are that wide they definitely won’t fit. I did some research and found a really nice affordable mount to replace the feet. Thanks for the info.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Ah whoops, I do have the 2018 model. Good luck friendo.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

beep by grandpa posted:

We rewatched The Mandalorian in 4K HDR on Disney+ after we got the new TV set up

Also finished the fourth season of The Expanse on Prime

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Get the UHD for Mad Max Fury Road and WITNESS!

Both Blade Runners are pretty drat awesome too.

My UHD library has taken on a life of its own at this point. I got pretty much all the movies released that I would pretty much that's out so far (and a few I bought in the beginning due to just wanting UHD stuff.) So, I've sampled nearly everything out there. I'm always biased towards the older titles as I find the texture of film appealing, but some newer titles have amazing pop.

I'm looking forward to August with the release of Flash Gordon and Pitch Black!

2001: A Space Odyssey
Aladdin
Alien
Alien: Covenant
Annihilation
Ant-Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Apollo 13
Arrival
Avengers Age of Ultron
Avengers Infinity War
Avengers, The
Avengers: Endgame
Baby Driver
Backdraft
Batman
Batman Returns
Big Lebowski, The
Black Panther
Blade Runner
Blade Runner 2049
Blues Brothers, The
Braveheart
Cabin in the Woods, The
Captain Marvel
Casino Royale
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Coco
Creed
Dark Crystal, The
Dark Knight Rises, The
Dark Knight, The
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Deadpool
Deadpool 2
Die Hard
Doctor Strange
Dracula
Dredd
E.T.
Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn
Evil Dead, The
Ex Machina
Fantastic Beasts
Fifth Element, The
Get Out
Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Gladiator
Gremlins
Groundhog Day
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
Halloween (2018)
Harry Potter 1
Harry Potter 2
Harry Potter 3
Harry Potter 4
Harry Potter 5
Harry Potter 6
Harry Potter 7
Harry Potter 8
Hellboy
Hellboy II
Hook
Hot Fuzz
How to Train Your Dragon
How to Train Your Dragon 2
How to Train Your Dragon 3
Hunger Games
Hunger Games 2
Hunger Games 3
Hunger Games 4
I Am Legend
Inception
Incredibles 2
Incredibles, The
Independence Day
Interstellar
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
IT
IT: Chapter 2
Jaws
John Wick
John Wick 2
John Wick 3
Jojo Rabbit
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III
Jurassic Park, The Lost World
Jurassic World
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Kick rear end
Kingsman
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
Knives Out
Labyrinth
Lego Batman
Lego Movie, The
Lego Movie 2
Life of Pi
Lion King, The
Logan
Lucy
Mad Max Fury Road
Martian, The
Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Maze Runner, The
Maze Runner, The Death Cure
Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials
Men In Black
Men in Black II
Men in Black III
Moon
Oblivion
Pacific Rim
Pacific Rim Uprising
Pan's Labyrinth
Passengers
Pokémon Detective Pikachu
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Quantum of Solace
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Ready Player One
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Serenity
Shawn of the Dead
Shazam!
Shining, The
Skyfall
Solo
Spectre
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man Homecoming
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
Stand By Me
Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek Beyond
Star Trek Into Darkness
Star Wars A New Hope
Star Wars Return of the Jedi
Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars the Last Jedi
Star Wars the Rise of Skywalker
Starship Troopers
Superman
Terminator 2 Judgement Day
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
The Blues Brothers
Thor
Thor Ragnarok
Thor The Dark World
Top Gun
Us
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
War for the Planet of the Apes
War of the Worlds
Warm Bodies
Wizard of Oz, The
Wonder Woman
World's End, The
Wreck-It Ralph
X-Men
X-Men Apocalypse
X-Men The Last Stand
X2 X-Men United
Zombieland
Zombieland: Doubletap

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 29, 2020

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

beep by grandpa posted:

2014's "Lucy" might be the best looking 4k HDR film I've watched so far.

And I say this as someone who was extremely dispapointed by that my first go-around :frogbon:

Lucy is one of my favorite transfers, quality wise. It's hard to top that.

However the best 4K I've ever seen, bar none, is Gemini Man. Which is the weirdest movie ever, as it's shot in 60fps, and... the effect... is strange... however the actual video quality of the film is ludicrous. One of those things that you have to see for yourself.

There's also parts of Seven Worlds, One Planet that are breathtaking for sure.

vanilla slimfast posted:

We rewatched The Mandalorian in 4K HDR on Disney+ after we got the new TV set up

Also finished the fourth season of The Expanse on Prime

As far as I know the Mandalorian doesn't even have real HDR.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Yeah Netflix is basically the only place with decent HDR content.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I just want a 32" TV to hook up my raspberry pi or switch to, to play games. I don't really want a Smart TV as that's just more bullshit I don't need, and I don't trust all that poo poo for privacy. Oh I live on the road and move every few months, that's why I want something on the small side. I'll probably have to buy a travel case like I use for the 27" computer monitor.
edit: anything with Alexa in it I don't want to be anywhere close to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

excellent bird guy posted:

I just want a 32" TV to hook up my raspberry pi or switch to, to play games. I don't really want a Smart TV as that's just more bullshit I don't need, and I don't trust all that poo poo for privacy. Oh I live on the road and move every few months, that's why I want something on the small side. I'll probably have to buy a travel case like I use for the 27" computer monitor.
edit: anything with Alexa in it I don't want to be anywhere close to it.
None of the good technology exists in 32” TVs. Depending on your budget you may find it in a 32” monitor but those tend to be 21:9 ultrawides. Maybe look for a used TV on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.