Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

mod sassinator posted:

yeah it's a fun fake mythology that has been mostly harmless at least (as opposed to Q and other bullshit lol)

yeah there's illustrations and descriptions of black triangle ufos from 1561 because of, uh, the central intelligence agency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bio force ape posted:

I used to be adjacent to this sort of thing, long ago. The medium being the message, it was sad watching the tone of people espousing paranormal conspiracy theories in like AM radio and weirdo press books change from the 90s to pre and post 9/11 and then again every about 4 years, yet stay completely the same. There are some fantastical elements that I still find truly entertaining, but ultimately it's a grift that targets a certain kind of person. Now it's all Q, the over conspiracy, and I'm not really sure they're going to have a real When Prophecy Fails moment at some point because they seem to keep trundling forward regardless.

have a look at When Prophecy Never Fails?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MysteriousStranger posted:

There's a huge issue on the religious right that aliens cannot and must not exist because if aliens do exist that blows a giant loving hole in what angels could be, humanity being the most important thing and in gods image, and would tear down the Christian faith and wreck it in public. It would also blow holes in "that crap is all really just demons and angels so you have to do what we see with your sexy parts or demons will get you, and we must be in charge" logic which means more to them than anything.

We're sitting on a powder keg where people are willing to destroy the country and throw us all back into the stone age for Jesus so Christianity can control culture and social policy again. Introducing "there's poo poo in the sky, it's not from this world, and it's better than us" is really going to cause poo poo.

There's no real way to deal with Aliens and the greater population as long as religion, specifically Abrahamic religions exist at all.
I think it's a viral marketing scheme for the Navy tbh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you gotta remember the navy and the air force both have big shortages in pilots and all kinds of tech fields and are gearing up for a BFW (big loving war) in the pacific and what better way to sell the kiddos with some computer skills on that by convincing them to sign up to chase UFOs around instead of being blown up on the runway by a chinese ballistic missile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uFlxmLp388

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q7fxXKpu1E

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp3646Zf8rg

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I think it's a viral marketing scheme for the Navy tbh

Honestly, this whole "Jeffrey Epstein/government-acknowledges-UFOs/coronavirus pandemic" viral marketing campaign is getting off the rails. I don't even know what I'm supposed to buy anymore.

Is it beans?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Beans and guns, guns, guns!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Wasabi the J posted:

Clover Chronicles? That's just a 4chan aggregator. Fuckin worthless junk site with just wild rumors.

no, different site. it has like 3 pages

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ghislaineof YOSPOS posted:

yeah there's illustrations and descriptions of black triangle ufos from 1561 because of, uh, the central intelligence agency

whoa it turns out UFOs and all the marginalia beasts are both real.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

Bip Roberts posted:

whoa it turns out UFOs and all the marginalia beasts are both real.

fart horn is only the most famous black budget project developed during the second crusade, wake up sheeple

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

OutOfPrint posted:

and have even been a part of a group sighting, b

As someone thats never sighted a ufo, what was it like?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

HELLO LADIES posted:

fart horn is only the most famous black budget project developed during the second crusade, wake up sheeple

crazy how they predicted twitter

mystes
May 31, 2006

Giga Gaia posted:

crazy how they predicted twitter
Twitter but you can only post out of your rear end. I bet someone could think of a name for it.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Pffffbter.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

mystes posted:

Twitter but you can only post out of your rear end. I bet someone could think of a name for it.

:haw:twitter:haw:

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Feral Integral posted:

As someone thats never sighted a ufo, what was it like?

It was during a night time nature walk at a 6th grade week long field trip to a camp ground in the New Jersey pine barrens around Halloween, to make it even more stereotypically spooky. The group of us and the teacher accompanying us saw a light in the sky about half the size of the moon. It was a horizontal oval with six equidistant concave spikes coming from it, two straight vertical up and down, the other four at angles close to NW, NE, SE. and SW adjusting for the oval shape of it. It glowed bright white in the center tapering to golden yellow at the tops of the spikes.

It hovered over the tree line, not moving even slightly and not making a sound, for about 10 seconds before disappearing. The teacher said is was a flare, but even then we knew that a) flares aren't shaped like that, b) flares typically leave a smoke trail, and c) flares don't hover motionless in the sky.

To date, I haven't heard any reports of any UFOs like it. The shape was the damndest thing, like someone took a cartoon sun and stretched it horizontally without stretching the Ray's coming from it.

Side note: UFO debunkers are the most loving BORING people alive, if you could call being a UFO debunker living.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

OutOfPrint posted:

It was during a night time nature walk at a 6th grade week long field trip to a camp ground in the New Jersey pine barrens around Halloween, to make it even more stereotypically spooky. The group of us and the teacher accompanying us saw a light in the sky about half the size of the moon. It was a horizontal oval with six equidistant concave spikes coming from it, two straight vertical up and down, the other four at angles close to NW, NE, SE. and SW adjusting for the oval shape of it. It glowed bright white in the center tapering to golden yellow at the tops of the spikes.

It hovered over the tree line, not moving even slightly and not making a sound, for about 10 seconds before disappearing. The teacher said is was a flare, but even then we knew that a) flares aren't shaped like that, b) flares typically leave a smoke trail, and c) flares don't hover motionless in the sky.

To date, I haven't heard any reports of any UFOs like it. The shape was the damndest thing, like someone took a cartoon sun and stretched it horizontally without stretching the Ray's coming from it.

Side note: UFO debunkers are the most loving BORING people alive, if you could call being a UFO debunker living.

That's awesome and I'm very jealous of you

The only thing I've ever seen no one believed was a mountain lion at my dad's place in Illinois in 2004, I got scoffed at nonstop and then a few years later (2008) one got shot in Chicago and they were showing up on deer cams out by my dad's place

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
been rewatching true detective season 1 for the first time since it aired. it was already great, but man, recontextualized in the modern jeff ep reality it’s even better

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

punished milkman posted:

been rewatching true detective season 1 for the first time since it aired. it was already great, but man, recontextualized in the modern jeff ep reality it’s even better

what kind of epstienesque stuff is in it?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Marzzle posted:

pedophiles run everything

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

also people's brains being annihilated by the forbidden knowledge of pedophiles running everything.

"that's why i hate this place: you eat your young"

everyone should watch it imo

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Marzzle posted:

its about an everyman epstein

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Marzzle posted:

at one point a low level prisoner involved in the pedo rape conspiracy (goes up to the highest echelon of power) gets a mysterious phone call and kills himself in his prison cell. actually a v unrealistic scene because they were able to review the camera footage afterwards

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

how many bizarre accidents have happened to the creators of that show? any?

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

OutOfPrint posted:

Boring and right, as opposed to exciting and wrong.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Has anything come of this yet?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Oh, and by the way, 27 days and counting since u/maxwellhill has posted on Reddit ... :tinfoil:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Laterite posted:

Oh, and by the way, 27 days and counting since u/maxwellhill has posted on Reddit ... :tinfoil:

They're too incompetent to know that the weird parts of the internet have picked up on this secret, lmao

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Also the only people more boring than ufo deniers are evopsych deniers. Denying the basic economics that mathematically play out in gene pools. In brains that are indifferently assembled by gene pools. Really, it goes back to nearly everyone having poor intuition about the power of exponents, such as after n generations.

Or pretending that gender is not an important variable in gene pools, under the delusional view that the act of reproduction requires that everyone pay an identical investment cost, even the individuals who lack the hardware to incubate babies in their own bodies.

Not just people who hate chud evopsych evangelicals, but who flatly rule out the whole inquiry because of that association. Boring.

Edit: Removed unintentionally problematic language. Also, clarifying that I know the wider "evopsych" discipline (not just the narrower premise) is widely full of poo poo and I am not defending the whole thing. Please do not make a pariah out of or ostracize another leftist, especially when it's that poster feeling the need to stand up for another leftist who just got overaggressively dogpiled 2 pages ago. And don't put words in my mouth outside of what I actually wrote either, because I fully do understand the damage done by the likes of Pinker et al who try to mix their most loathsome ideas with sound ones.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 22:01 on Jul 28, 2020

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Laterite posted:

ya gimme that poo poo first thing in the morning

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Happy Thread posted:

Also the only people more boring than ufo deniers are evopsych deniers. Denying the basic economics that mathematically play out in gene pools. In brains that are indifferently assembled by gene pools. Really, it goes back to nearly everyone having poor intuition about the power of exponents, such as after n generations.

Or pretending that gender is not an important variable in gene pools, under the delusional view that the act of reproduction requires that both genders pay a remotely comparable investment cost.

Not just people who hate chud evopsych evangelicals, but who flatly rule out the whole inquiry because of that association. Boring.

Tell us more about the two genders, Dumb Lowt*x.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Laterite posted:

Has anything come of this yet?

no and the ops in this thread keep burring it!!

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Happy Thread posted:

Or pretending that gender is not an important variable in gene pools, under the delusional view that the act of reproduction requires that both genders pay a remotely comparable investment cost.

is this a copypasta? my brain is too poisoned to know

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Danger posted:

u could copy and paste it so technically, yes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Marzzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X929OTinXos

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

OutOfPrint posted:

St. Elmo's Fire also has a loving awesome Robert Fripp solo.

shame genesis never got back together

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Danger posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Happy Thread posted:

source ur quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Happy Thread posted:

How many genders are there