Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

Let's get the thread back on track...

Man he's stupid... Did he just expect them to stop? Does he even know how boats work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LOL that it looks like The Deep's trajectory for S2. is going to be trying to make it back into the Majors by stopping the Boys and just eating poo poo.

Swollen Member
Aug 4, 2019

You know you want it...
I adore his lameass standard superhero pose. :allears:

His real superpower is murdering sea creatures who dare to come out of the sea.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do kind of wonder how Butcher is going to get out of the situation with Homelander, but I love how it doesn’t seem to affect his willingness to go full speed against them at all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Man he's stupid... Did he just expect them to stop? Does he even know how boats work?

Very much so, yes, and possibly not because he can ride loving whales, why would he need a boat?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

I do kind of wonder how Butcher is going to get out of the situation with Homelander, but I love how it doesn’t seem to affect his willingness to go full speed against them at all.

The fact that Homelander saved him makes me think he wants him around to psychologically torture because he thinks never in a million years will a regular person be able to do poo poo to him.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

The fact that Homelander saved him makes me think he wants him around to psychologically torture because he thinks never in a million years will a regular person be able to do poo poo to him.

I think its also partly that Homelander regards Butcher as a curiosity, a regular human who isn't constantly in terror of him

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, that plus it'll be a total 'sharing the elevator with Bill Murray' situation.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 24, 2020

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

I think its also partly that Homelander regards Butcher as a curiosity, a regular human who isn't constantly in terror of him

It definitely gives of a vibe like that (akin to Hannibal Lector and Will Graham, only less homoerotic). It doesn't SEEM like they're going the route of the comic 100%, but who knows.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The ComicCon panel was good, but after the 4th or 5th plot detail I had to turn it off. Too many things I'd rather find out by watching it.

AnEdgelord posted:

Yeah, maybe. I don't remember him interacting with any other normal people outside of Stillwell though. I guess the evil scientist who made him. They both did seem pretty freaked out by him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Honestly the only person he seems to be somewhat afraid of is the big boss.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Swollen Member posted:

I adore his lameass standard superhero pose. :allears:

His real superpower is murdering sea creatures who dare to come out of the sea.

I laughing my rear end off on how he was doing the Marvel hero pose and the soundtrack even blasted a cheesy parody notes of marvel soundtracks before he got served.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Just when you though they could not top the hilarious dolphin road kill death scene in season 1.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

Even without the boat that whale looks pretty hosed, hows it supposed to unbeach itself

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

Even without the boat that whale looks pretty hosed, hows it supposed to unbeach itself

Like with the dolphin scene Deep doesn't seem to think his clever plans through...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Honestly the only person he seems to be somewhat afraid of is the big boss.

Ya I wonder how that relationship is going to work. I can't wait.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
would a speed boat even move a whale those things are a dense pack of fat and muscle and bone

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

I don't think it would be good for either the boat or the whale but if I had to bet on one of them "walking" away it'd be the whale.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Now, I'm wondering if Starlight tells Hughie that Deep basically raped her, and if that makes Hughie want some special revenge

Not that that scene would have anything specifically to do with it, just seeing them all together

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wait. Did that dipshit just beach a whale so he could do a Cool Comic Hero Pose thing?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bust Rodd posted:

The only way to hurt Homelander would be to hit him with like a tungsten rod dropped from a satellite. His unbreakable body functions like a crash helmet, your only hope is to scramble his brain inside his own skull with an impact weapon, like a rail gun, IMO.

I’m suddenly reminded of Alan Moore’s legendary Swamp Thing run, featuring a bored and busy Lex Luthor being hired as a consultant to help Gotham take out Swamp Thing because Batman tried to stop him and got his pants pulled down.

lmao im not a big comic book guy but i think ill pick that up because lmao that sounds amazing

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
better not see any unspoilered spoilers from the comic con panel in this thread or I will be seriously incensed

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

etalian posted:

I laughing my rear end off on how he was doing the Marvel hero pose and the soundtrack even blasted a cheesy parody notes of marvel soundtracks before he got served.

Its the subtle flick of the hair as he's hit by the spray from the whale. Its so perfect.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

would a speed boat even move a whale those things are a dense pack of fat and muscle and bone

Does it even matter when you are filming a splatstick humor scene that also roasts Marvel movies?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
boat or no boat that poor whale was in for a real bad day when it got convinced by deep to beach itself

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Would a dolphin smash out a windscreen after an emergency stop? No idea, but it hilarious regardless. Perhaps the presence of very small amounts of v in the sea has reduced the cellular integrity of that whale, with humorous results.

Snot and claret everywhere. Diabolical.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

boat or no boat that poor whale was in for a real bad day when it got convinced by deep to beach itself

Deep's superpower seem to lead to hilarious and ineffective comedy scenes like the season 1 dolphin rescue scene.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Just watched the comic-con panel, because spoilers have been scientifically demonstrated to have zero effect on enjoyment. And heck, there are hardly any spoilers at all, they're even dancing around the fact that Aya Cash plays a loving nazi.

Though, I can't help but notice that in this hyper accelerated 2020 reality, Stormfront seems to be hitting beats from 3 years ago when unite the right was still a thing, before the proud roman saluters were humiliated out of the public eye. There's simply going to be a time lag, just as Boys S1 hits beats from Bush-era evangelical christianity, and you will probably have to wait for Boys S3 to really examine how completely out of control law enforcement is. And I expect them to strawman the gently caress out of the nazis, because you can't steelman them in this medium. After all, their favorite tactic is the FBI crime statistic: something that takes 10 seconds to play, and it costs you a full minute to explain why they're full of poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huItZoIjIuo

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If they're bringing in storefront I wonder if they're gonna bring in love sausage

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

etalian posted:

why didn't he stop them

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

UK actors and comedians have the best US accents I love hearing them.

It’s like... why don’t you just talk normal like that all the time instead of doing a silly voice?

On the other side, there's Tom Hardy's Salute to American Accents vignette that he does in Venom where he tries out a new accent every other scene.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Bust Rodd posted:

The only way to hurt Homelander would be to hit him with like a tungsten rod dropped from a satellite. His unbreakable body functions like a crash helmet, your only hope is to scramble his brain inside his own skull with an impact weapon, like a rail gun, IMO

the TV show The Misfits had a great take on this, too. Their invulnerable supe suffers milk based brain damage and winds up vegetative

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

FilthyImp posted:

Wait. Did that dipshit just beach a whale so he could do a Cool Comic Hero Pose thing?

That's probably the Deep catchphrase in the merchandise, at this point.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

boo_radley posted:

the TV show The Misfits had a great take on this, too. Their invulnerable supe suffers milk based brain damage and winds up vegetative

Strange, I do not remember this at all. I did give up on it when the cast got switched out, though, so it might have been in the last two series. I'll have to do a binge of the whole show some time, see how it holds up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Meatgrinder posted:

Strange, I do not remember this at all. I did give up on it when the cast got switched out, though, so it might have been in the last two series. I'll have to do a binge of the whole show some time, see how it holds up.

It was in the post-S2 special, which I think also introduced the Power Broker.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

It was the sixth/last episode of Misfits S2 that had the milk villain, the post S2 special was the Christmas one with the guy who bought a bunch of their powers from the broker.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

That's probably the Deep catchphrase in the merchandise, at this point.

I think the comedy value of his character is how he basically a parody of Marvel and DC Comic movies (Aquaman) like how he did the hero power pose before getting owned.

A good amount of black humor in the show was how the 7 are pretty incompetent like how Homelander accidentally crashes the plane during the hostage rescue attempt but is able to use Trumpian energy to spin the thing as a heroic story.

Translucent abuses his invisibility super power just to hide out in the bathrooms.

The only superhero who has any sort of professionalism is Black Noir.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dave Angel posted:

It was the sixth/last episode of Misfits S2 that had the milk villain, the post S2 special was the Christmas one with the guy who bought a bunch of their powers from the broker.

I admit that it's been a while since I watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

I think the comedy value of his character is how he basically a parody of Marvel and DC Comic movies (Aquaman) like how he did the hero power pose before getting owned.

A good amount of black humor in the show was how the 7 are pretty incompetent like how Homelander accidentally crashes the plane during the hostage rescue attempt but is able to use Trumpian energy to spin the thing as a heroic story.

Translucent abuses his invisibility super power just to hide out in the bathrooms.

The only superhero who has any sort of professionalism is Black Noir.

Yeah they're all too used to Vought setting them up fake villain fights.