Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can't hate this guy, he's too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Reality Protester posted:

Zack Ryder should have gone by Zack? but that naming gimmick was taken and the dudebuster wouldnt sell

Really missed the great tag team name of Zack & Cody, the 2 sweet life...... or something

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i always thought it was so goofy and incredibly petty and small on wwe's part that they felt the need to micromanage his youtube show to the point where they werent allowed to show products with the old logos or products wwe was not involved with the making of, resulting in matt and crew having to film stores and collections twice, once for the wwe show and then one for matt's personal yt show where he could actually just tear into the nitty gritty behind the history of these toys

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Joey Janela is a better than Matt Cardona in every way and doesn’t get big angles with the top guys which sucks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to have that ring with a cage, in the case. for my superheroes to wrestle each other.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
zack ryder has been on aew tv for like 10 seconds

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nakazawa's gimmick owns because Quack said he would never get on TV like that and look at him now.

Quack being a condescending prick about a guy is like halfway to me liking them right off the bat

Also how is it possible for people to be this fuckin mad about Matt Cordona already, he just got here

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Joey Janela is a better than Matt Cardona in every way and doesn’t get big angles with the top guys which sucks.

When AEW has their line of hard seltzer launch and they need a guy to review them his day will come.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

I think we're good on WWE signings and friends of the Young Bucks as Tag Champs. I love Kenny and Page, they're probably my two favorite workers in the company but having the best tag team division the United States, if not the world has ever seen be dominated by a storyline featuring two predominantly singles wrestlers playing out over a course of 7+ months, virus or no, is doing it a disservice.

Oh oh wait, I misspoke. Brandon Cutler can and should be tag champs. Well maybe not 'should'. But you get the idea.

i think kenny and page are legitimately probably the 2nd or 3rd best tag team in the company and have absolutely earned their spot as tag team champions, and i think there is a very good chance that their eventual match with FTR will be a killer. The only reason I'd think about moving the titles right now is because it feels like they've run through the entire division, a team here or there notwithstanding.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

I like Matt Cardona, he got over with the catchphrase "Woo Woo Woo" in the WWE and also was one of the first to have the foresight to use the internet in a wrestling sense.

He also never molested anyone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

With WARHORSE at least appearing, maybe Allie Kat will be part of the DEADLY DRAW. And Danhausen and Effy can pop in for the hell of it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i hope zack ryder brings back the internet championship

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ryder does nothing for me but like, its an indifference not a dislike. I just have no real interest in watching him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ryder does not do anything for me, but I'd rather watch him than Jake Hager, Luther, Rache Chanel, Ariane and probably some other people I'm forgetting.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seth Rollins posted:

i hope zack ryder brings back the internet championship

he just commissioned a new belt right before he got fired

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cardona has potential. I'm fine giving him a chance. Can't be worse than Spears.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I had a feeling that Dark Order was not taking the gold judging by how Evil Uno has sounded (justifiably) upset about having to strictly quarantine himself and Mrs. Uno, but I still believed.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If Cody wants to be in a team with his pal that's fine with me, and if Zack pulls out some really neat stuff next week and wins me over on him as a worker, or if he has some fun segments on BTE, all the better. I thought Moxley would suck rear end coming out of the Fed, and I'm glad I was wrong, so until I have reason not to I'll give people chances.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also very into Colt being the Tom Cruise of The Dark Order.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Hype Boyz owned.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hadn't seen Warhorse wrestle before but I was a little surprised that his character is heavy metal wild man but then he's just a clean wrestler. He seemed a little nervous/hesitant at first and then once he got into a groove and it started heating up it was over.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

JOHN CENA posted:

i think kenny and page are legitimately probably the 2nd or 3rd best tag team in the company and have absolutely earned their spot as tag team champions, and i think there is a very good chance that their eventual match with FTR will be a killer. The only reason I'd think about moving the titles right now is because it feels like they've run through the entire division, a team here or there notwithstanding.

I mean yeah they're one of the best, if not the best team. They're two of the best individual workers in the company. The only thing that could stop them from being one of the best teams is a lack of chemistry, which is absolutely not a problem. But it almost feels like saying 'Oh wow Tanahashi and Okada are the best tag team in NJPW (hypothetically)*' At some point it becomes a kudzu that smothers the rest of the division. So I hope they get their match with FTR in the books, it's amazing and FTR wins the titles, then Kenny and Page move on to being the two best singles wrestlers in the company until MJF gets some 4+* matches under his belt.

*actually I don't know much about NJPW's tag scene.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

neither does NJPW, so it's okay

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I mean yeah they're one of the best, if not the best team. They're two of the best individual workers in the company. The only thing that could stop them from being one of the best teams is a lack of chemistry, which is absolutely not a problem. But it almost feels like saying 'Oh wow Tanahashi and Okada are the best tag team in NJPW (hypothetically)*' At some point it becomes a kudzu that smothers the rest of the division. So I hope they get their match with FTR in the books, it's amazing and FTR wins the titles, then Kenny and Page move on to being the two best singles wrestlers in the company until MJF gets some 4+* matches under his belt.

Tanahashi and Ibushi actually just lost the IWGP tag belts and were a pretty great team together when they were still running shows.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ChrisBTY posted:

no matter what, you can safely assume G.O.D. will have the belts back in like a week or so, pandemic be damned

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lid posted:

Cameron and Zack Ryder signed

Eddie Kingston isn't

I think I read here that he has a contract with NWA(?) till September or something.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hopefully this Dark Order thing with Hangman And Omega isn't just about filling time until they can do an FTR match, because the one thing that's really been frustrating me about the tag scene is that every tag program has maybe two weeks of build and then it's on to the next one. If they stick with this Dark Order program for a few weeks and lead up to another tag title match, either an SSB rematch or something with Brodie, it could be really fun.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Warhorse was kind of underwhelming. In fairness coming down from Eddie Kingston was probably just a mistake in booking and its probably a good thing they're taking a week's break from the challenge next week. Its probably time to transition away from the weekly indie matches and two regular guys and head towards some kind of story or end game for a title change. I don't know what to make of Ryder and the Dark Order.

I had this terrible idea that the guest moderator for next week's debate with be Trump Jr and even though I'm like 99% sure that probably won't happen I can't shake it now.

Look maybe the Funkadactyl learned to wrestle or do something worthwhile but forgive me for not caring until that happens.

I'm past ready for a tag title change but I kind of purposely didn't get invested in this one because of experience. Ultimately it doesn't seem like AEW is gonna drop the belts before the FTR and like I don't like that but there's nothing that I can do about it except not get my hopes up about title changes before then.

Dark Order need some kind of win though. Its ok for them to be goofy on BTE but like, if they're just stooges and jobbers on Dynamite than they'll never not be a joke. A short tag title run might have been a huge boon for them, but que sera sera.

MJF/Moxley has me reasonably intrigued, and I was feeling Cage/Starks more this week than last. I just don't want to watch Darby any more, though. So not terribly interested in next week either.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

So, was Excalibur out because they want to let the heat from the internet re-discovering him dropping the N-word in a promo 15-ish years ago, an event that he's apologized for repeatedly since then, die down?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Seth Rollins posted:

strong island baby

woo woo woo you know it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We Got Us A Bread posted:

So, was Excalibur out because they want to let the heat from the internet re-discovering him dropping the N-word in a promo 15-ish years ago, an event that he's apologized for repeatedly since then, die down?

Can someone direct me to those apologies, by chance? Because like... Excalibur has been one of my favorite parts of AEW and I'm more than a little demoralized by those videos. I certainly would love to learn that he's made good amends.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Either that or it was a voluntary thing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Eat My Fuc posted:

Wrong Island

are you serious bro?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
:bahgawd: : That's . . . .:confused: Matt Cardona's :geno: music.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Are we just going to ignore what happened to Ricky Starks back because that looked incredibly painful.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Quack being a condescending prick about a guy is like halfway to me liking them right off the bat

Also how is it possible for people to be this fuckin mad about Matt Cordona already, he just got here

I was mad about him in WWE too, if Braun came to AEW i’d be equally let down, or Ryback. I realize i’m just naming people I personally don’t like who may be popular but on the flip side if any of my favorite WWE guys came over i’d be very stoked that they can write their own promos but unsure if they’d get to do what I want. My favorite homegrown AEW talent aren’t exactly being used how i’d like. I want hangman to be able to shine in singles, I want more Swole, Nyla, and Janela. I’d like to see Kenny of NJPW every once in a while. Singles matches from the Lucha Bros.

I don’t know I really do love this company and absolutely believe it won’t disappoint me long term but the waiting game is hard and bringing in a guy I will never care about to work a main event angle when you’re not using Lance Archer is crazy to me. I said it in the live thread but WWE with the wrestlers writing the promos is what I want WWE to be, not AEW.

I don’t know i’m definitely tuning in for the long haul either way. The sky is the limit in all actuality.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STAC Goat posted:

Can someone direct me to those apologies, by chance? Because like... Excalibur has been one of my favorite parts of AEW and I'm more than a little demoralized by those videos. I certainly would love to learn that he's made good amends.

All I’ve been able to dig up is secondhand retellings that a) Human Tornado pitched it and lobbied Owens and Excalibur to do it and b) both have expressed regret that they went through with it. Looks like it popped up on Reddit a couple months ago, but didn’t build the traction it did this time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

All I’ve been able to dig up is secondhand retellings that a) Human Tornado pitched it and lobbied Owens and Excalibur to do it and b) both have expressed regret that they went through with it. Looks like it popped up on Reddit a couple months ago, but didn’t build the traction it did this time.

Yeah, I haven't been able to find anything except second hand "he apologized already a bunch of times". I think it would be very good for him to publicly apologize, even if that's "again". To be honest I'd be bothered if he apologized years ago but wasn't willing to do so again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I hadn’t seen the Excalibur thing but boy it was pretty rough he’s literally cutting Kramer promos. I think he can and should be forgiven but like if Sammy can get rightfully punished for really dumb statements Excalibur maybe should too.

I have no idea how long ago these videos were but they were way worse than I thought I thought he had like a Randy Orton gamer moment (which was also bad and stupid, it’s just the intent is so different)