Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Nastyman posted:

Has anyone told him facts don't care about your feelings yet?

I wish this was used more often by the left in response to repub/racist/idiots. They're often way more about "feelings" and "instinct" than facts or science or any sort of Logik, and turning their own argument against them could be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

Am Australian, can confirm.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply all Australians are assholes!

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

mobby_6kl posted:

Sorry I didn't mean to imply all Australians are assholes!

yes, A small minority of them emigrated to New Zealand at an early age

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

of course not, americans are assholes ,aussies are c***s.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

I wish this was used more often by the left in response to repub/racist/idiots. They're often way more about "feelings" and "instinct" than facts or science or any sort of Logik, and turning their own argument against them could be funny.

It's always, always projection.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

By popular demand posted:

of course not, americans are assholes ,aussies are c***s.

You can say convicts here

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I hope some cement stuck and ruined this jackass' car later.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Why’s the driver a jackass? No barrier, no markings, I don’t know that I would immediately recognize wet cement in a vacuum. Then what, once you start and realize it’s wet you can’t stop. Sure it sucks but it was also very preventable and pretty minor. The hat throw at the end is very good though, definitely been in those shoes before.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LawfulWaffle posted:

Why’s the driver a jackass? No barrier, no markings, I don’t know that I would immediately recognize wet cement in a vacuum. Then what, once you start and realize it’s wet you can’t stop. Sure it sucks but it was also very preventable and pretty minor. The hat throw at the end is very good though, definitely been in those shoes before.

The schade isn't on the drivers. It's on the workers who didn't properly mark the wet cement, one of whom is wearing a MAGA hat on the job.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
The hard hat throw was straight out of the cartoons. I didn't think people did that IRL.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Jedit posted:

The schade isn't on the drivers. It's on the workers who didn't properly mark the wet cement, one of whom is wearing a MAGA hat on the job.

The way that bounces, it's just a red hardhat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Canuckistan posted:

The hard hat throw was straight out of the cartoons. I didn't think people did that IRL.

In 1890, Bill McSorley took over ownership of McSorley's in NYC from his father who founded it. He reportedly would jump up and down like in a cartoon whenever he got really mad. Because the tavern banned women until they were legally forced to open up in 1970, a woman sneaking in was a good way to get him mad.

quote:

Bill never had a fixed closing hour but locked up as soon as he began to feel sleepy, which was usually around ten o’clock. Just before closing he would summon everybody to the bar and buy a round. This had been his father’s custom and he faithfully carried it on, even though it seemed to hurt him to do so. If the customers were slow about finishing the final drink, he would cough fretfully once or twice, then drum on the bar with both fists and say, “Now, see here, gents! I’m under no obligoddamnation to stand here all night while you baby them drinks.” Whenever Bill completely lost his temper he would jump up and down and moan piteously. One night in the winter of 1924 a feminist from Greenwich Village put on trousers, a man’s topcoat, and a cap, stuck a cigar in her mouth, and entered McSorley’s. She bought an ale, drank it, removed her cap, and shook her long hair down on her shoulders. Then she called Bill a male chauvinist, yelled something about the equality of the sexes, and ran out. When Bill realized he had sold a drink to a woman, he let out a cross between a moan and a bellow and began to jump up and down as if his heels were on fire. “She was a woman!” he yelled. “She was a goddamn woman!”

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AFewBricksShy posted:

The way that bounces, it's just a red hardhat.

Ah, that's a shame.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Desert Bus posted:

That is an African of some sort not a Convict.

Either way, keep them away from the police.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

chitoryu12 posted:

In 1890, Bill McSorley took over ownership of McSorley's in NYC from his father who founded it. He reportedly would jump up and down like in a cartoon whenever he got really mad. Because the tavern banned women until they were legally forced to open up in 1970, a woman sneaking in was a good way to get him mad.

that guy is somehow both everett true and someone who needs to meet mr true

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/fKwZg18.mp4

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ooooooooo, right in the gooch

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Carthag Tuek posted:

that guy is somehow both everett true and someone who needs to meet mr true

I read him more like Slim Pickens' character in Blazing Saddles.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

ooooooooo, right in the gooch

Anyone remember a skateboarding clip from a long time back, the kid lands on with the board vertically between his legs and yells "I tore my gooch!"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Anyone remember a skateboarding clip from a long time back, the kid lands on with the board vertically between his legs and yells "I tore my gooch!"

is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHTvv8C2_aE&t=47s

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I think that was it. Not as funny as I remember, tbh.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Must have been that drat rear end rock

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Chuck Tingle is kind of taking a step back with his movie director debut.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

TheManWithNoName posted:

cmon lets pee on it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Jedit posted:

yeah if i was the driver, pulling up to it and seeing no signs or barricades or a worker standing there stopping traffic, i would assume that it's cool to drive on and that the difference in color is just because that's how the concrete looks before a ton of people drive on it, especially since there's workers there at the time (i.e. some dipshit didn't remove the barricades or signs while the workers were gone)

obviously, that's not what i should do, since that is actually wet cement, but ive literally never run across wet cement that wasn't super clearly marked i don't know that many people would not just shrug and drive right into it

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

dialhforhero posted:

Probably going to get probed for this but:

I loving hope so.

Everyone who says this kind of thing needs to realize that Republicans rolling around in their filth can lead to their kids or relatives, or non-republicans getting the virus, so there's really nothing for anyone to gloat about.

the floor is baklava fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 31, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah the actual :smug: factor of Herman Cain or even the Turning Point USA loser wore off pretty quick because it's not going to change dick, and the people still at risk are going to continue to be at risk, and on top of that it'll continue to gently caress over all the people who are following pandemic procedure. gently caress me I'm not going to be able to see a loved one because they're overseas and both of our nations are loving it up so hard.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
God damnit that poo poo is going to happen anyway whether the Herman Cain's choke on their own alveoli and die or not, so I'll take my schadenfreude and instant karma where I can get it. I'll continue to actively cheer the deaths of people who would happily have me and everyone I love ground up into dog food if they could get away with it and have spent their entire lives advocating policies that harm 98% of the population, so gently caress them all. Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 31, 2020

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
It's absolutely not going to change anything, but it's still at least briefly funny in the "what are you gonna do, stab me?" sort of way. Or like that guy who died when he fell off his motorcycle during a protest against helmet laws.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Let me have my laffs where I can get them, like in the death of a fool

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Imagined posted:

Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
As a followup to that whole "If you send bitcoins to Elon Musk he's gonna double it!" Twitter hack a couple weeks ago, they've made an arrest, some 17 year old Florida kid

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsboro...ofile-accounts/

quote:

Hillsborough State Attorney Andrew Warren filed 30 felony charges against the teen this week for “scamming people across America” in connection with the Twitter hack that happened on July 15. The charges he’s facing include one count of organized fraud, 17 counts of communications fraud, one count of fraudulent use of personal information with over $100,000 or 30 or more victims, 10 counts of fraudulent use of personal information and one count of access to computer or electronic device without authority.

Seems like another fair and balanced response for our legal system.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well gently caress that kid's life is over. Sucks that such an ace burn was already out of public memory even a few weeks after it happened too, like gently caress you managed to hijack a billionaire and still barely made a scratch on the public. loving unfair.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Well gently caress that kid's life is over. Sucks that such an ace burn was already out of public memory even a few weeks after it happened too, like gently caress you managed to hijack a billionaire and still barely made a scratch on the public. loving unfair.

Should’ve leaked Trump’s DMs and not tried to get greedy (actually saying that he probably just would’ve been shot (oh reading them is probably why they’re putting him in jail forever))

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Should’ve leaked Trump’s DMs and not tried to get greedy (actually saying that he probably just would’ve been shot (oh reading them is probably why they’re putting him in jail forever))

The reason Trump's account didn't get hit is because he has extra security measures attached to it to avoid the thing that happened a while back when a Twitter employee disabled his account.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can't find what mistakes he made that led to his capture, even though that buttcoin isn't nearly as secure and anonymous as advocates like to think.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

TheManWithNoName posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Imagined posted:

Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SI_ZgjcmPY