Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yeah, a new jimquisition is pretty much all that makes mondays tolerable for me and i just...love the recent crusade he's been on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Jim appears to be getting younger, as if he is stealing the lifeforce of Giant Bomb's Jeff

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

jeff looks like the dick flattening meme

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

low energy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I have a loving gigantic 36" Sony CRT television in the back of my car.

how do I sneak it into my basement without anyone knowing.

it weighs approximately six thousand pounds.

Ah, I remember pushing one up a flight of stairs. lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

little known facts: milo of croton actually got swole by carrying a crt monitor every day, becoming stronger each time a new bigger model was released

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Nonsense posted:

Ah, I remember pushing one up a flight of stairs. lol

fortunately I can walk it around to my basement entrance and skip all of that mess.

it's still in my car. my arms and abs are so sore from getting in there.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Communist Thoughts posted:

"babe! it's 4pm, time to play video games!"

"yes honey..."

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I kinda miss CRT monitors.

Not enough to use one mind.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Kojima posted:

It’s a funny word ‘strand’. A strand is part of rope or bond while ‘stranding’ means being washed up on the shore, and ‘being stranded’ is when you can’t go home. I’m stranded now, Sam.

death stranding rocks so much lol

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot
I just bought a fancy gaming pc what game do i play until Microsoft Flight Simulator comes out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Truancy-Bot posted:

I just bought a fancy gaming pc what game do i play until Microsoft Flight Simulator comes out

Death Stranding loving pwns and looks gorgeous esp if you got a 2000s RTX card with DLSS 2.0 enabled

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zhulik posted:

death stranding rocks so much lol

is it Actually Good or is it one of those games that gets a super uncritical reception because a poo poo ton of hype was built up around it and neither "games" "journalists" nor captial-G G*mers could break their collective self-induced mass hysteria to say it's actually poo poo?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Truancy-Bot posted:

caves of qud

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Marx Was A Lib posted:

is it Actually Good or is it one of those games that gets a super uncritical reception because a poo poo ton of hype was built up around it and neither "games" "journalists" nor captial-G G*mers could break their collective self-induced mass hysteria to say it's actually poo poo?

actually it got completely trashed on release by both critics and gamers and now that it's on PC everyone is playing it and enjoying it

cumshitter posted:

caves of qud

yes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

actually it got completely trashed on release by both critics and gamers and now that it's on PC everyone is playing it and enjoying it

ok, so the saints row 2 question, then:

because of mods, or because it's a good game?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Marx Was A Lib posted:

ok, so the saints row 2 question, then:

because of mods, or because it's a good game?

apparently because it's a good game. don't think it has any mods since it's always-on Dark Souls style multiplayer

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Death Stranding is maybe the best videogame I've played on ps4 and if you disagree you should go 100% all the Assassins Creed games as punishment

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hm, thanks. i'm currently debating spending $60 for the new gundam game that just came out, or a bunch of games on sale right now, death stranding being one of them.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Truancy-Bot posted:

disco elysium :devil:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

death stranding is a very unique experience with mechanics that could fairly be characterized as inherently unfun, but, nevertheless, I am digging it and have played 50 hours since it launched and am maybe halfway through because I keep stopping to build highways and poo poo

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Marx Was A Lib posted:

i cant speak for everyone but as far as im personally concerned it's an actually good game. the gameplay is fine but honestly im mostly there for the extremely Kojima dialogue/cutscenes like the thing i quoted. im in love with that weird horny man and his extremely tenuous relationship with metaphor, allegory and subtlety.

i only had time to play about 5 hours of it and i think 4 of those were cutscenes.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1290338042822242304

lol. don't worry, it gets worse:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bwahaha, somebody has been fuming for awhile that they either didn't get, or did get and got owned by Disco Elysium

that or they're just mad at how much harder complicated and/or controversial games make their job

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Epic High Five posted:

bwahaha, somebody has been fuming for awhile that they either didn't get, or did get and got owned by Disco Elysium

that or they're just mad at how much harder complicated and/or controversial games make their job

i'm going to be owned by disco elysium for the rest of my life lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i would love to force a polygon writer to sit through all five playthroughs of the original nier game and watch their brain break as the narrative falls apart and reforms through each ending

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

for like 2 days after its release, 99% of reviews were either people saying it was a disgusting misogynistic game because they made their detective into a drug addicted sex weirdo and then he behaved like one, or outrage at being totally unable to process Cuno when there's no "pass this skill check to fix this poor child"

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

cuno doesn't need fixin', he just needs to join the revolutionary popos

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

fricken sjw game reviewers haha :xd: anyone got a link to teh epic doom vid

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

dex_sda posted:

cuno doesn't need fixin', he just needs to join the revolutionary popos

I mean it would probably be good if he stopped destroying his little body with amphetamines

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

for like 2 days after its release, 99% of reviews were either people saying it was a disgusting misogynistic game because they made their detective into a drug addicted sex weirdo and then he behaved like one, or outrage at being totally unable to process Cuno when there's no "pass this skill check to fix this poor child"

I remember how upset Abby on GiantBomb got because her Harry kept telling Gartre to suck his dick and I never experienced that dialogue at all.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I mean it would probably be good if he stopped destroying his little body with amphetamines

Electrochemistry: Confiscate those drugs, Harry boy. Time to ride the lightning!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Frog Act posted:

death stranding is a very unique experience with mechanics that could fairly be characterized as inherently unfun, but, nevertheless, I am digging it and have played 50 hours since it launched and am maybe halfway through because I keep stopping to build highways and poo poo

It's like backpacking irl, you hate it while you're doing it, see your destination, get exhilarated, decide it really was worthwhile after all and forget the bad part

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

...people hate doing backpacking irl?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

mastershakeman posted:

It's like backpacking irl, you hate it while you're doing it, see your destination, get exhilarated, decide it really was worthwhile after all and forget the bad part

I love backpacking.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1290386703321104386

gently caress you, buy it again!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

, again!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

but... the empathy check to figure out what's wrong with this kid......

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gently caress does Cuno care?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Unironically ok

Wait have they said if they'll be doing the same thing for pc