Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I don't think The Rock is a poo poo head like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Leavemywife posted:

Same. If anything, the Rock might be better able to save it. But he has made bad decisions before.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
At this point, I bet the only way you'd get his followers into masks is if you sold MAGA masks on the online store like Parscale wanted to. Until then, his voters will tell him to gently caress right off.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1290428876741586944

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

facialimpediment posted:

At this point, I bet the only way you'd get his followers into masks is if you sold MAGA masks on the online store like Parscale wanted to. Until then, his voters will tell him to gently caress right off.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1290428876741586944

That's a cheesebrained way of saying "I have no loving idea what I'm doing".

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Leavemywife posted:

The rock is pretty chuddy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

orange juche posted:

You got back into lawyering? I thought you quit that to run a taco truck.

I started the taco truck while in law school and sold it in 2018 when I passed the bar. I'm not a big fan of being a lawyer (or the poo poo pay) so I went to school and got a masters in finance in May. I'm unfortunately practicing law until I find something better.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mr. Nice! posted:

I started the taco truck while in law school and sold it in 2018 when I passed the bar. I'm not a big fan of being a lawyer (or the poo poo pay) so I went to school and got a masters in finance in May. I'm unfortunately practicing law until I find something better.

shoulda kept the taco truck

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

RFC2324 posted:

shoulda kept the taco truck

I busted my rear end to make not so much. I make more sitting on my rear end in an office now. Are there things I miss about the food truck? Absolutely. But I murdered myself in there and my body is much happier not taking that daily punishment.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mr. Nice! posted:

I busted my rear end to make not so much. I make more sitting on my rear end in an office now. Are there things I miss about the food truck? Absolutely. But I murdered myself in there and my body is much happier not taking that daily punishment.

I wasn't actually serious. good on you for getting into something that will let you actually retire one day, and be capable of enjoying said retirement

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Speaking of law, you'll never hear about ILLEGAL FISA WARRANT WITCH HUNTS ever again.

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1290413109602070530

something something they had good superFISAs shut up I'm too tired to think of a good pun here

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

RFC2324 posted:

I wasn't actually serious. good on you for getting into something that will let you actually retire one day, and be capable of enjoying said retirement

lol i'm not there yet. I don't even have dental insurance.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I hope Hillary is on that jury

Clillary... that's an interesting first name, Mrs. Hinton.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

When we picked up the uhaul trailer Sunday, a dude in 40s walking out was wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask and this is the new grift. "Own the libs with your MAGA mask!!!"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fine. That's fine. Please, god, let them continue owning the libs by not spreading a virus.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nick Soapdish posted:

When we picked up the uhaul trailer Sunday, a dude in 40s walking out was wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask and this is the new grift. "Own the libs with your MAGA mask!!!"

I'm cool with that. If it gets the kids to eat their veggies, fine.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Doggeaux/Samoyedcore has dropped their "Jokerified July" twitter meltdown summary. SA's own Phiz Khalifa features towards the end of Day 2 on pg 7. July was a long month.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mIY2-JSwclzNOrqqm9AOK2ix-BFKGuyt4_3XKCzgmTE

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Brute Squad posted:

Dersh sent a letter threatening legal action against ViacomCBS over statements made by a fictional character on a tv show.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/alan-dershowitz-good-fight-cbs-apology-1234722149/

specifically over comments about Dersh and Epstein.

Full letter is in the article. Including the galaxy-brained take of a fictional character saying "this is my opinion, not fact" means that the statement should be construed as fact, not opinion. ViacomCBS has responded, which is quite good.

That article is a disaster, they never say who the gently caress Ansari is (Dersh's lawyer?) but make several references to Ansari's lawyer

Also gently caress that shyster chomo Dersh

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Brute Squad posted:

Doggeaux/Samoyedcore has dropped their "Jokerified July" twitter meltdown summary. SA's own Phiz Khalifa features towards the end of Day 2 on pg 7. July was a long month.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mIY2-JSwclzNOrqqm9AOK2ix-BFKGuyt4_3XKCzgmTE

this is a series of words that I currently cannot, and hope to never be able to, parse

that it ends in a mystery google docs link is icing on the cake

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The submissions for Mississippi's new state flag are up and friends they are an adventure.

https://twitter.com/nicksuss/status/1290303695436079104?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ded posted:

The rock is pretty chuddy

Can I get some proof of this

because this is the last thing I saw him say

quote:

“Where is our compassionate leader who’s going to step up to our country who’s down on its knees, and extend a hand and say, ‘You stand up, stand up with me because I got you. I hear you, I’m listening to you,’” Johnson says. “‘And you have my word that I’m going to do everything in my power, until my dying day, my last breath, to do everything I can to create the change that is needed, to normalize equality because black lives matter.’ Where are you?”

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Are you mixing up your Rocks? Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson publicly hates Trump and has always spoken out against him.

Kid Rock (Robert James Ritchie Sr.) gargles Trump's day-glo nutsack.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I was under the impression that the Rock was a Republican in precisely the same way that Schwarzenegger is, but I can't back that up with anything.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

I was under the impression that the Rock was a Republican in precisely the same way that Schwarzenegger is, but I can't back that up with anything.

He was a registered Republican before Obama was elected, he voted for Obama twice, and I'm not sure who he voted for between Clinton and Trump, but given his rather public disdain for Trump, I don't think he voted for him. Currently supposedly he's an independent voter. Basically he was a pre-Obama Republican but when the Black guy got elected president and the entire GOP's brains broke collectively, he said "aight imma head out" and has been independent or liberal since then.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 4, 2020

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

this is a series of words that I currently cannot, and hope to never be able to, parse

that it ends in a mystery google docs link is icing on the cake

A twitter user started summarizing the day's twitter/internet meltdowns in May. At the end of the month they turned all their posts into a google doc. It was popular with their followers, so they kept going. It's an accounting of who was twitter's main character on any given day, and aimed at the terminally online.

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDCORE/status/1290126357452607488

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The submissions for Mississippi's new state flag are up and friends they are an adventure.

https://twitter.com/nicksuss/status/1290303695436079104?s=20

There are some choice loving submissions in there. Why the hell do so many say "In God We Trust?" That's not the state motto.

Edit: And putting the seal on the flag is weak poo poo. Looking at you, all the other lazy-rear end states that did it already.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

There are some choice loving submissions in there. Why the hell do so many say "In God We Trust?" That's not the state motto.

Edit: And putting the seal on the flag is weak poo poo. Looking at you, all the other lazy-rear end states that did it already.

Republicans picked that hill to die on before they would agree to changing the flag. All flag submissions must have "In God we trust" on them, and the final flag must have it prominently because they don't believe in the separation of church and state.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

orange juche posted:

Kid Rock (Robert James Ritchie Sr.) gargles Trump's day-glo nutsack.

Woof, there's an image

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Brute Squad posted:

A twitter user started summarizing the day's twitter/internet meltdowns in May. At the end of the month they turned all their posts into a google doc. It was popular with their followers, so they kept going. It's an accounting of who was twitter's main character on any given day, and aimed at the terminally online.

As strange as it sounds, these monthly summaries by weird twitter people really help keep me grounded in these turbulent times.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Woof, there's an image

Fluorescent orange mushroom

A small one

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Brute Squad posted:

quote:

Vanilla Ice, who repeatedly baffles Christendom by continuing to be artistically active, announces that he has no plans of cancelling his 7/3 concert in Austin, TX, in spite of the fact that Texas (amidst a disastrous and wholly premature reopening) is currently suffering a major spike in COVID-19 cases.

I love the riff on The Story of Civilization’s description of Charles II.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The full Axios interview with Trump (dated last week) is apparently out and it seems like in an interview full of bangers (Lewis, Russia, etc), this is the moment making everyone go :stonk:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290497186489348096?s=19

What's generally going on is that his lies and bullshit are always paper-thin, so when he's getting called out in real time with follow-ups, he can't process new lies to replace the old and pretzels himself.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 4, 2020

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Watched the clip on him mixing up deaths / cases instead of deaths / pop. Just what a complete moron. Not even for a millisecond is he trying to understand what Swan is saying, just cruising on with the broken thought in his head full speed.

Watching this seems really clear that he's just being fed nothing but bullshit all day by his staff or something.

I think this is the full interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

e: omggggg lol the interviewer is trying to ask him why the gently caress he thought it was a good idea to put people into the Tulsa rally and Trump doesn't get it and keeps bragging about how many people they packed in (telling him it was 12k not the 6k he reported) and the reporter keeps pushing back about why he thought it was a good idea and then Trump just starts to talk about how good attendance was and how the ratings were best ever on Fox for a Sat night etc. Just loving lol.

ee: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

eee: :aaa: :argh: :suicide:

That Works fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 4, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That Works posted:

Watched the clip on him mixing up deaths / cases instead of deaths / pop. Just what a complete moron. Not even for a millisecond is he trying to understand what Swan is saying, just cruising on with the broken thought in his head full speed.

Watching this seems really clear that he's just being fed nothing but bullshit all day by his staff or something.

I think this is the full interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

e: omggggg lol the interviewer is trying to ask him why the gently caress he thought it was a good idea to put people into the Tulsa rally and Trump doesn't get it and keeps bragging about how many people they packed in (telling him it was 12k not the 6k he reported) and the reporter keeps pushing back about why he thought it was a good idea and then Trump just starts to talk about how good attendance was and how the ratings were best ever on Fox for a Sat night etc. Just loving lol.

ee: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

eee: :aaa: :argh: :suicide:

He's a literal moron, and yet 30+% of the country will pull the lever for him because they're just as stupid as him.

This is what Ronald Reagan would have been like with social media

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ahahah gettin to the part now where it's entirely Antifa's fault that Portland happened and that it's OK for unmarked unidentified agents to pull people off the streets because if they have ID they are getting doxxed by Antifa terrorists.

e: And now he says he has done more for "blacks" than Lyndon Johnson lmaoooo

That Works fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 4, 2020

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lyndon Johnson would dick slap him for saying his name.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LingcodKilla posted:

Lyndon Johnson would dick slap him for saying his name.

Which would probably kill him upon impact, dude had a pipe. :stonk:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BigDave posted:

Which would probably kill him upon impact, dude had a pipe. :stonk:

Umm excuse me that pipe had a name.

it was Jumbo

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Yeah that's why I didn't link the whole thing! Bottom line though, his staff feed him nothing but happy talk and all data isn't used to inform him on what to do, but rather to defend what he already believes.

I don't think people are really ready for how terrible Donnie's going to do in a debate.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

We are now going to cooperate with the Taliban against ISIS in Afghanistan.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/08/03/afghan-forces-retake-prison-after-deadly-attack-isis.html

Military.com posted:

The attack underscored that the Islamic State affiliate in Afghanistan is still a formidable presence, and it highlighted the challenges ahead as U.S. and NATO forces begin to withdraw following Washington's peace deal with the Taliban.

The peace accord aims to recruit the Taliban to battle the militants from ISIS, which U.S. officials have told The Associated Press is the Americans' biggest foe in Afghanistan. Both the Taliban and the IS affiliate are staunch rivals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah that's why I didn't link the whole thing! Bottom line though, his staff feed him nothing but happy talk and all data isn't used to inform him on what to do, but rather to defend what he already believes.

I don't think people are really ready for how terrible Donnie's going to do in a debate.

Honestly I don't think there's a need for a debate.

If you're still supporting the guy at this point you're gonna do so no matter how dumb or bad the debates are.

Making Trump look stupid won't cost him any votes imo. Biden getting shouted over might hurt Biden, won't help. Honestly Biden should just be talking about how he's going to make everything better once he's in office and talking about how good leadership would prevent the crisis we are in etc. I can't see much upside for their campaign to even engage with or respond to Trump at this point.