Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gaz-L posted:

Alvarez has been screaming for maybe a decade or more now that WWE far too often rushes to the turn or payoff instead of building to something in a way that might actually garner interest. Of course when they DO try and do a slow burn, Vince gets bored and develops cold feet, abandoning it after 3 weeks...

Reminds of something Scott Keith of all people said back in the late days of WCW. WCW was burning through a year of storylines in one Nitro while WWF was moving at the speed of a Jane Austen novel. Neither was great, but now WWE has somehow combined them where a bunch of weird bizarre things happen and yet nothing happens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lumbermouth posted:

They did it with pretty much all trainees, so if they doubled down on the Babatunde and other performance center folks murdering people and then like Chad Gable disappearing to join the underground fight club it'd make more sense. Instead, here's Dolph Ziggler.

Chikara had a couple random established guys there too, but they were played as just being in the background instead of being part of the fighting. So it would be like if you were watching mysterious footage of the WWE fight club stuff of Babatunde fighting some no-name and thought, "Wait, is that Jason Jordan back there? ...Why?"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Why do all these guys wrestle when fighting is so much more effective?

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 6, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mustafa Ali spoke about being kept off TV on the Bump

Mustafa Ali posted:

You know time off is hard when it’s not your choice. It’s one thing to be injured, it’s one thing to be spent — whatever the situation is. I was off because I was off and at that time it’s very — again I keep going in the mindset of a performer. I want people to understand that this isn’t someone who’s mad, this is someone who is so passionate and wants to perform and is trying to figure out why he’s not loved and there’s no real explanation and for someone who’s passionate about something you can understand how frustrating that can be.

You know and again, I go back to what I said before instead of sitting and complaining — whatever ‘when they call me, they call me’ — I got to work on my body. I’m in the best shape of my life right now. I’m in my prime right now. I can hang with anybody. I know you’ve had me on the show before. It’s not a shift in attitude. I believe that every six months you have a new obstacle in front of you and right now it’s my time to claim what’s mine. Like right now. I’m in my prime. I’m ready to go.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Looks like Marty Jannetty is coming for Dexter's gimmick right now. Jesus that man is hosed

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
You could have it where police are investigating the wrestler disappearences and have Vince covering them up. This leads Dexter Loomis to winning the WWE championship.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shrimpy posted:

Chavo Trap House is right there

Chavo hasn't worked there for almost a decade.

bartok posted:

From now on I'm going to believe all the TNA "home grown" talent were guys they pulled from Universal Studios and asked if they wanted to be wrestlers.

If it makes you feel better to think that and not that TNA "home grown" talent were forced to work a second job at a theme park in order to get maintain a wage.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Disappointed no one swapped trap house for grap house.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Mustafa Ali is the heel cop ready to take down Dexter. He's ready to go.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Ali Bomaye!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

karmicknight posted:

If it makes you feel better to think that and not that TNA "home grown" talent were forced to work a second job at a theme park in order to get maintain a wage.

Is it a second job when it's the larger part of your income?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Was it Madison Rayne who was also having to work full time as a manager of a Sunglasses Hut?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rarity posted:

Mustafa Ali spoke about being kept off TV on the Bump

it must suck that he's dying inside but keeps making excuses for WWE lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Was it Madison Rayne who was also having to work full time as a manager of a Sunglasses Hut?

i believe that was Taylor Wilde or something similar

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

at least wwe has people being annoyed with them and lodging complaints again. they lost even that for a long time and it was just stillness with the occasional blip. i am sad to see it come back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWETheBump/status/1291034391561609216

Rarity posted:

Taylor Wilde was working at a Sunglass Hut while TNA Knockouts champ

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ad by Khad posted:

Mustafa Ali is the heel cop ready to take down Dexter. He's ready to go.

Yaknow... I'll be shocked if they don't make a blue lives matter group to combat the antifa terrorists. Mustafa and Seth with their bumbling sidekick wannabe Ricochet. Maybe they can team up with the Forgotten Sons to really show those bad hombres.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alan_Shore posted:

Looks like Marty Jannetty is coming for Dexter's gimmick right now. Jesus that man is hosed

Posting this without contect is bad.

Jannetty just admitted to murdering a man as a teenager.

Edit: cant even confirm the state because theyre the ramblings so putting it down to what can be objective - Jannetty murdered a man and has now confessed

Lid fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 5, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why not ANTIRAW

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Great American Fash

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Golden Bee posted:

He’s a talent that can draw

I appreciated this joke

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Just so it's said: even 12 or 13 year old me would find this and Raw Underground lame. And I wore WWE and Che shirts in the 00s after they were considered lame. The Dunn cuts made it somehow look sillier than if you just had oldman Shane directing backyard MMA. I'm sure my friends and I had a cooler looking fed and we were mostly just a bunch of douchey, dirty skids with a camera we "borrowed" from someone parents.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Golden Bee posted:

That’s huge!

Hunter taught me this!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Raw Underground should have been shot on a phone for authenticity and visual contrast

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

projecthalaxy posted:

Raw Underground should have been shot on a phone for authenticity and visual contrast

If Kelsey Grammer introduces it, I'll watch*

*no I won't

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Red posted:

If Kelsey Grammer introduces itparticipates, I'll watch

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

projecthalaxy posted:

The big mysterious bodyguard constantly shouting WORLD STAR

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Red posted:

If Kelsey Grammer introduces it, I'll watch*

*no I won't

“You want to bet on a dude loving an alligator... RAW Underground.”

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Bring back Kelsey’s grammar sketch show as a third hour.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Correction, Janetti says this is only the FIRST time he killed a man and got away with it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Demogod

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1291026479132872704

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

hundreds of thousands of women agree: dolph ziggler engaging in poorly conveyed pit fights is money

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Women and children love Shane O' Mac

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dango Bango posted:

Women and children love train wrecks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

New boom period

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Women and children: "look at this dumb poo poo Dad watches".

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shoot style, the way to finally win back the key demo! Hell yeah.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

if I was awake at that hour I would have definitely watched the trainwreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Dango Bango posted:

Women and children love Babatunde

I dont remember what name they gave him in the segment.