Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
K so I'm rereading JC and may have spotted some things, maybe. Working on writing it all up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Btw this isn't a I FOUND THE LAST SCUM HERE IS MY CASE it's a few things that point in a few different directions that I'm sharing.

#1: in thread interaction

One of my fave scum tells is when scum don't just interact in the thread. They might bus and bicker, or reply to joke posts, but they don't sit and have detailed arguments about seeing things differently. So I went to read JC to see who he did/didn't reply directly to.

DGK, for example: he and DGK have several in thread interactions, sometimes as quotes, others as mentions. (E.g. "dgk, if you think X, than why did you ABC?"

Hambeet: they joke about the pronunciation of vig. After that, he talks a lot about the beet/steak fight, but doesn't directly interact with beet in thread. Also, he says steak is scum but ham town for that fight.

Hum: reacts to one of his posts by unvoting, and another that's joking around. No direct conversation.

Steak: argues with and about steak a lot, thinks he's the scummier one in beet v steak

Taste: does not ever directly respond to taste. Not even with a joke.

Tommu: reasonable back and forth

Tpink: replies to once. Makes a case on him for lurking.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
#2: that list again

JOHN CENA posted:

i think I'm gonna put myself in a wifom spiral...im autoclearing myself taste capnandy and humalong because in this game scum partners are chosen. i will not be voting for them this game.

i look at ggn yuming pecota and hal with mighty suspicion

Ok. These two lists again, but I think they are significant, esp now that half the mentioned people are dead.

He auto clears:
- himself (scum team B)
- taste (?)
- capn andy (scum team A -- JC would imagine likely town)
- humalong (?)

And is suspicious of
- ggn (scum team B)
- yuming (town)
- pecota (town)
- Hal (town)

We know he put one scumbro on the Suspicious list, but clearly not both. The question is, did he put that other person on the cleared list, or leave them out entirely?

There's a good argument to be made either way, but I think it's at least worth noting.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
#3, list 2.0

JOHN CENA posted:

im saying that if i get a gun its getting fired off right away

i will make a list now, and i assure the thread that i am 100% sticking to it, and if anything changes i will update it accordingly

1. sandnavyguy
2. ggn
3. power of pecota
4. yuming
5. mr steak
6. mr humalong

if all of these players are dead by the time i get my gun then its just gonna be whoever the first poster is on that day.

He later amends this list to throw tommunist into the middle, so let's use that version:

1. SNG (scum team A)
2. GGN (scum team B)
3. PoP (town)
[3.5. Tommunist (?)]
4. Yuming (town)
5. Steak (?)
6. Hum (?)

A few things strike me here. He puts his bus high up on the list, for one, though obviously behind the person he really wants out, SNG.

But here's what is odd.

A: why is Hum suddenly on JC's hit list? He was autocleared in that last list. And JC hasn't mentioned hum at all inbetween the two posts. Why the 180?

B: tommu questioning the point of all this is enough to get him to #3.5 on the list

C: ok I thought I had a third thing here but I misread something. does steak no longer have the meta of "gets lunched early, regardless of alignment"? Because you'd think he should have gone on the auto clear list for it if he did.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna try to do GGN before I lost all momentum

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

spacing in vienna posted:

C: ok I thought I had a third thing here but I misread something. does steak no longer have the meta of "gets lunched early, regardless of alignment"? Because you'd think he should have gone on the auto clear list for it if he did.

Steak is a very exhausting player to rumble with

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

Steak is a very exhausting player to rumble with

I just meant, I remember a point where it was a running joke that he got taken out d1 for doing something that polarized the thread.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Here's what I got from GGN, in the interaction sweepstakes.

DGK: never replies to him, but calls him town unprompted

Ham: some discussion back and forth

Hum: he called her out, she pushed back

Steak: no replies to him or references that I can spot

Taste: no replies to him or references that I can spot

Tommu: some interaction

Tpink: doesn't reply to, mentions offhand that she could imagine him being scum

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Takeaways from all that.

I wasn't sure about hum from Cena so quickly swapping him lists, but that strikes me as also possibly being JC not paying enough attention to remember who was where.

I don't like that neither of them ever interacted with taste, except for JC auto clearing him.

I feel better about Hambeet from him with GGN than I did him with Cena.

And if none of you bitches* reply to our at least acknowledge those twenty five loving effort posts I just did, I will burn down the thread

*Not tommu, he replied already, we coo

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was going to read all of you to see if you interacted with GGN/Cena yourselves except for the fact that I don't want to

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m sure that one of taste, tpink, Steak, and maybe DGK is the final scum

I just don’t know who.

Lol if it’s Tommu

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I just meant, I remember a point where it was a running joke that he got taken out d1 for doing something that polarized the thread.

FWIW hes partially gotten better

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Good posts siv.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What are the scum team break downs again?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

What are the scum team break downs again?

You, JC, Ggn

A team of shitters who have been bad at mafia for 40 years

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
JC/ggn/unknown

Spoonsy/sng/capn andy

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
##vote taste

Hum: is there any particular reason beet isn't on your list? I'm still not clear on why he's -1 tbh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay.

You’d think a town player who refuses to make cases would be targeted by scum when struggling to make cases.

I had a go at ggn when it looked like she was trying to force a case on me for voting humalong when he had the gun:

GenericGirlName posted:

*snip*

On to my true post:
Hambeet - you said you felt confident that humma was town, but then you were pushing them (including a vote on them) to shoot the gun. We’ve still got some time before deadline and failing to shoot wouldn’t be a garunteed loss for town- so what was your concern there?

hambeet posted:

*snip*
ggn could be scum. you point me out for voting hum, which was really just me trying to ram home the point i wanted him to shoot sooner or later. or comically shoot me for it. there wasn't really any seriousness to that and the fact you've singled that out makes me wonder if you're floundering for actual cases to make. it seems a rather safe and easy call out.
*snip*

So they try pick at me for that and we’re clearly struggling to find cases, but never comment on taste?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Like I know we all hate hypotheticals but if I were scum and taste was not on my team I’d be all over him

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote taste

Hum: is there any particular reason beet isn't on your list? I'm still not clear on why he's -1 tbh

Hmmm, my gut says no.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Of course my gut has been wrong on everyone but GGN and Spoonsy, and I never acted on my gut read of Spoonsy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote taste

Would also vote tpink right now too.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

##vote taste

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Earlier I mentioned that someone else had called tpink out about obviously following the thread closely enough to respond when his name was mentioned, it was dgk:

DGK2000 posted:

Tpink is scum btw

tpink posted:

No u

You want to do something more substantive than this little drive-by?

There is literally two minutes between dgk saying that and tpink responding.

Which dgk gets stuck into him for:

DGK2000 posted:

You literally have less posts than the loving mod, and you are OBVIOUSLY just reading along looking for your name. You are giving absolutely zero to work with, and I wish to see you lunched.

##vote Tpink

After a bit of back and forth, tpink starts casing people after capnandy asks him politely, who does he case?

Pop, sng, sandwolf...

Ggn then pops in to make reads and says this:

GenericGirlName posted:

I have finally caught back up.

I can see the argument for Tpink, who I also forgot was in the game.

But I similarly was prepared for Solus to flip scum.

DGK/Hum/Sci all seem like hard working town who are getting really annoyed with all the lurking. This is fair imo. Sorry I haven’t been putting in the efforts.

On to my true post:
Hambeet - you said you felt confident that humma was town, but then you were pushing them (including a vote on them) to shoot the gun. We’ve still got some time before deadline and failing to shoot wouldn’t be a garunteed loss for town- so what was your concern there?

Bolding mine. Ggn then tries to query me as I pointed out a few posts ago. So im thinking it sorta looks like ggn is trying to distract, first minimising tpink by highlighting the solus mislunch, and then looking for someone else (me) to move the topic onto.

That said. tpink eventually goes in on ggn.

Were they given the signal to bus? or are they town who finally got invested in the game?

Hmmmmmm

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

#3, list 2.0

He later amends this list to throw tommunist into the middle, so let's use that version:

1. SNG (scum team A)
2. GGN (scum team B)
3. PoP (town)
[3.5. Tommunist (?)]
4. Yuming (town)
5. Steak (?)
6. Hum (?)

A few things strike me here. He puts his bus high up on the list, for one, though obviously behind the person he really wants out, SNG.

But here's what is odd.

A: why is Hum suddenly on JC's hit list? He was autocleared in that last list. And JC hasn't mentioned hum at all inbetween the two posts. Why the 180?

B: tommu questioning the point of all this is enough to get him to #3.5 on the list

Good catch, though given how low he places Hum on that list, I am not sure how much that moves the needle.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

“Yikes”

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

##vote taste

siv, I feel like I'm missing something between your last few posts about the lists and this vote.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

hambeet posted:

That said. tpink eventually goes in on ggn.

Were they given the signal to bus? or are they town who finally got invested in the game?

Hmmmmmm

tpink posted:

This is actually a really good point too. GGN was going after SNG very very hard, and did not identify a single other potential person as scummy at that point. She then comes out with a list of suspects and SNG is not even mentioned.

I also obviously disagree with her read of DGK for reasons I said yesterday, and the caveat about frustrated town reads also reads like a way to preempt arguments down the line if the "frustrated town" in fact flips scum.

GGN wasn't really on my radar until I re-read all her posts together just now, but pinging me now.

It's the latter. I got more active after DGK called me out, and made the above post agreeing with the case on GGN early on - at that point, I think she was at like -5 or -4 votes still. Well before it was a foregone conclusion that she'd be voted out, so that would be a weird early bus.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I have no idea what to make of taste because he literally refuses to make cases and take positions on anything, and just gets a pass on it. :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The game isn’t called “casing” op

Weird that siv mounts a full effort after I suggest she might have replaced in for scum? You decide

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

t a s t e posted:

The game isn’t called “casing” op

Weird that siv mounts a full effort after I suggest she might have replaced in for scum? You decide

lollll have fun with that

I made an effort because no one is doing gently caress all

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It's two minutes to deadline can we swing anyone?!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wouldn’t admit to fabricating something out of thin air but you do you op

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wait really

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Do hambeet

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tpink posted:

siv, I feel like I'm missing something between your last few posts about the lists and this vote.

They weren't interacting with taste in thread. Sometimes scumbros forget to talk in thread because they're already talking out of thread.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I missed deadline sorry, just got home

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

t a s t e posted:

I wouldn’t admit to fabricating something out of thin air but you do you op

... Fabricating? No I went back and put effort in, which I resent because I'm loving lazy

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Fine, let's not no-lynch.

##vote taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I missed deadline sorry, just got home

Vote beet or it's nothing

##vote beet