Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

that's 100% the kind of poo poo that makes me glad i don't gently caress with gaming pcs.

full blown consolized fail aids is a small price to pay for consistent, reliable performance imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I could not read the articles you posted so :shrug:

the second video was unavailable

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

oh I thought there was some coherent rhyme or reason to it

I’m flagging a bit on DS, it’s a lot of fun sometimes but then other times I realize I’ve spent like six precious gaming hours building highways and driving back and forth and I’m like hmm, was that actually enjoyable or am I just doing whatever it is Germans playing logging simulator 10 do

I'll note something I didn't realize until embarrassingly late: Other players' contributions to auto-pavers don't show up until the auto-paver's zone is on the chiral network. So if you see an auto-paver with nothing in it, don't go filling it up all by yourself. Try to get that area on the network first.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like turn your settings down man goddamn

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
if the pc port is bad don't buy it and then keep not buying it until they patch it good or just play one of the other infinity good games on pc that work well

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I'll note something I didn't realize until embarrassingly late: Other players' contributions to auto-pavers don't show up until the auto-paver's zone is on the chiral network. So if you see an auto-paver with nothing in it, don't go filling it up all by yourself. Try to get that area on the network first.

yeah I’ve on top of that at least, I’ve only done one without it being on the network, the second one from the south of lake knot distro because it inexplicably was never on the network even after doing all the preppers, lake knot, south knot, etc. now that I’m at the waystarion by mountain knot, by the first terrorist camp, all four adjacent ones seem to be on the network and I’ve finished most of them. it’s still a bit tedious gathering all the ceramic but the result is definitely very satisfying

Lostconfused posted:

Eventually you will build all the roads, and do all the deliveries. So there's that. But uh, you should probably finish the game, it has an ending and everything.

yeah I’ve heard the back end is packed with cutscenes and explanations and stuff, maybe I should stop insisting on getting five stars for every prepper / hub and just make deliveries til I beat it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

yeah I’ve on top of that at least, I’ve only done one without it being on the network, the second one from the south of lake knot distro because it inexplicably was never on the network even after doing all the preppers, lake knot, south knot, etc.

Yeah, that one is weird. Like Collector, there isn't a mission to get you there, and then once you get there, there's a gimmick to get them connected.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

euphronius posted:

was horizon zero dawn any good

I guess it’s on steam today

also the trump EO is extremely not legal

it is a very good game which I had enough fun to almost platinum on ps4 but I found the story disposable and really just wanted to shoot cool robot dinosaurs

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

euphronius posted:

omg that YouTube you quoted was the worst thing I’ve ever seen

who cares about any of that lmao they guy has like overlaid performance metrics ? lamo

I’ll try the articles

the game runs like poo poo on any pc you can imagine

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

yes but the port sucks

are they going to fix it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Marx Was A Lib posted:

that's 100% the kind of poo poo that makes me glad i don't gently caress with gaming pcs.

full blown consolized fail aids is a small price to pay for consistent, reliable performance imo

porque no los dos :smugdon:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

porque no los dos :smugdon:

honestly? i'm a lazy gently caress stoner. the mere specter of the possibility of having to troubleshoot An Error Message when I'm not on the clock as a Professional Error Message Googler and Fixer absolutely disgusts me.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If that happens just give up on it forever. If you still wanna talk like you beat it watch an LP

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

If that happens just give up on it forever. If you still wanna talk like you beat it watch an LP

i couldn't find the manual for the mobo i had and it was failing to boot with beep codes i had to research, and i gave up pc gaming full stop right then and there.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i haven't had to troubleshoot poo poo about pc games in a long time. if there's a problem, updating drivers fixes it. i don't buy games on release anymore though so ymmv

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Marx Was A Lib posted:

i couldn't find the manual for the mobo i had and it was failing to boot with beep codes i had to research, and i gave up pc gaming full stop right then and there.

I just get prebuilt anymore. Cheaper that way

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

yeah i bought a pre-built gaming rig from sony. it's p nice.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol despite Trump trying to ban one of the largest gaming companies in the world from American shores people don't seem to be freaking out much about it

Are we all thinking its gonna be walked back or blocked by the courts or is it because we are all collectively sick of League

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

Lol despite Trump trying to ban one of the largest gaming companies in the world from American shores people don't seem to be freaking out much about it

Are we all thinking its gonna be walked back or blocked by the courts or is it because we are all collectively sick of League

If he were serious about it he wouldn't have delayed it 45 days

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'd vote for trump if he banned league of legends and fortnite. :hmbol:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Feldegast42 posted:

the degree to which important business interests are involved make it seem like the sort of thing that will get walked back by someone somewhere because that is the boring and crushing way things work

however to me it would be extremely funny if it happened because i fkn hate most of those games and the epic store and i am a petty bitch

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Feldegast42 posted:

as funny as it is to imagine there is zero chance this is happening. this is just dumb theatrical bullshit like everything else

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

uber_stoat posted:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, that one is weird. Like Collector, there isn't a mission to get you there, and then once you get there, there's a gimmick to get them connected.

oh what? i didn't even know there was something there to connect. i guess i should go fart around that area that isn't on the network until i find it, i thought it was the cosplay artist and then when it wasn't i thought maybe it just was not on the network at all

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

punished milkman posted:

the game runs like poo poo on any pc you can imagine

thanks I’ll wait for a patch then

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

omg that YouTube you quoted was the worst thing I’ve ever seen

who cares about any of that lmao they guy has like overlaid performance metrics ? lamo

I’ll try the articles

Wait, the digital foundry one??? Their videos are fine and the deep dives on performance are kind of their thing, there's nothing particularly bad about it :confused:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good soup! posted:

Wait, the digital foundry one??? Their videos are fine and the deep dives on performance are kind of their thing, there's nothing particularly bad about it :confused:

I find “performance” aficionados to be like a strange sub set of gaming to me that has nothing to do with games at all really

like if you are into frames per second and whatever cool but what does that have to do with the game

it all seems besides the point

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

at last, we've found the issue that turns millenials into conservatives.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

euphronius posted:

I find “performance” aficionados to be like a strange sub set of gaming to me that has nothing to do with games at all really

like if you are into frames per second and whatever cool but what does that have to do with the game

You're right. It's not really a gaming channel, but a graphics technology channel.

Digital Foundry goes over my head sometimes, but they are good at what they do: I actually did appreciate seeing some of the DS PC/PS4 graphical differences for instance.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

They're good at pointing out where ports do well, how they come up short, how they maximize performance in some areas, etc

Their video on the Alien Isolation Switch port was interesting

If a game has substantial frame rate drops then it makes playing certain types of games super annoying and literally all they're doing is asking "how" and "why" :shrug:

Goes over my head sometimes but eh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

If a game can't run at a steady 60 FPS without a thousand dollar graphics card or without sacrificing the graphics to be worse than a console, then it's bad value compared to just buying a console.

Especially when a different game on the same engine (Death Stranding) actually can run well on cheap hardware. That just means the game was programmed shoddily

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1291770095061082115

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

euphronius posted:

its pretty cool to be able to tell before you buy a game whether it looks like poo poo or not :shrug:

even if you don't know what frame pacing means you will still notice it. even more if you are someone like me who notices 3:2 pull down in movies

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Morocco has basically a speedrun strat to kill the general if you have a lethal poison, though the school is arguably the more interesting part.

There's a fun trick to a Suit Only run where while you're marked as trespassing in the embassy, if you're in your default suit only the guards will pay you any mind. (since you're just another dude in a suit in a building full of dudes with suits) Though I spent way too long getting SASO on the maps in general.

i thought it was pretty cool that you can disguise yourself as the prisoner in the school and murk general man that way. the embassy was way more iffy because i didn't have time to hide masssage guy so he kept running around in his underwear spotting me and yelling so i just powerwalked out of the building and down to the garage after. thank god 47's most superhuman power is changing his entire outfit in half a second.

also the caravan comment in that is personally attacking me and i don't like it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

right I understand if it runs like poo poo avoid it but that video wasn’t anywhere near that succinct

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

right I understand if it runs like poo poo avoid it but that video wasn’t anywhere near that succinct

.....that's......the point of their videos though? To go in-depth on the performance side? :psyduck:

I mean if you don't like it you don't like it but lol you can't fault them for doing exactly what they say they're going to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

euphronius posted:

im not gonna trust some random youtuber that goes "it doesnt run smooth" though. digital foundry is the nerd poo poo actual reviews will link to to conclusively prove that it in fact does run like poo poo