Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
If WZ guns are switching to the new COD then I bet it’ll be popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

jerman999 posted:

If WZ guns are switching to the new COD then I bet it’ll be popular

probably this because we all need a new grind eventually

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I want Call Of Duty: Premodern Warfare

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
100 cavemen jump from pterodactyls

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I actually prefer the Treyarch games so I'm looking forward to BLOPS: Cold War, especially since it won't have any kind of boost jumping.

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

100 cavemen jump from pterodactyls

Warzone plus Far Cry Primal plus Prehistorik plus Flintstones technology for killstreaks, I am loving THERE.

But nah they've basically said they won't splinter the WZ player base. It's their golden goose. Regular multiplayer may get split into the MW holdouts and the blops early adapters. Time will tell!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Whether you like it or not, if you play WZ, it looks like you're going to be playing the new CoD. I hope they keep the structure of the game the same - buy stations, loadouts, stimulus instead of the gulag but with a Treyarch map and gun balance. With the current Bruen meta, I'm glad the Titan blew rear end in Blackout.

The biggest problem with WZ right now is that too many guns are too easy to use. When I died in BO like what happens in WZ I knew I got destroyed by a player who really hit their shots, but with WZ it's often just an OK player with a Bruen or formerly the Grau just clicking and holding.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Yeah, they've said Warzone isn't going anywhere and WZ2020 is gonna be the same client. The only question is how hard of a reset it's going to be.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
with the game install feature they could honestly just add new wz content to the existing install and provide map options

also i've almost maxed out the an-94 :)

edit: read the post above and im happy they're doing exactly that

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Warzone is such a huge hit that trying to push a new COD seems unwise

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Non-WZ multiplayer getting splintered would kill it for me. I could not care less about battle royale, the worst shooter game subgenre.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
please help me pick a new cod username

retard actual and gaylord actual are both blocked

i need a dumb username :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Edit: Sorry y'all, was a little too used to talking to people that know me and my background. I was looking to make fun of myself, not others.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 13, 2021

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Have you tried "A Dumb Username?"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hero Cop

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
So I come back from 2 weeks away visiting my family and try to log into COD and find my account has been temporarily suspended lasting for another 16 hours? WTF? The message doesn't contain any specific charge, just links to their policy page, none of which I have violated in the slightest

Edit: and all their decisions are final and I have no way to contest it or even see what rule I'm supposed to have broken. Cool way to guarantee I'll never spend money on this game again!

I just play on Xbox, don't use any cheating software, don't use a headset or send obscene messages to people so I have no idea wtf I could have done

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 8, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I guess I'll find out more when I can access my account again because nearly all temporary suspensions include a total wipe and reset of stats, rank, emblems and weapon unlocks, in which case gently caress these pricks I'm never touching one of their games again

The only offense that incurs a temp suspension without wiping your progress is offensive communication, so I'm hoping it's somehow that even though I never talk/write to anyone

My gang tang has been ACAB for the last few months, would they have banned me for that?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Some other people itt have been posting recently about having ACAB as their tag and getting hit with a temp ban, so maybe. I don't think it's been outright confirmed but putting two and two together makes four here imo

edit: It seems that ACAB has been reclassified as profanity when it wasn't before, I just checked and I can't set it as my clan tag. Maybe they just automatically dropped the hammer on anyone with it as their tag when it got added to the filter.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 8, 2020

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
pouring one out for all the people that just like a taxi

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

New clan tag is F12

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Profanity in my warcrime simulator, unacceptable!

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Don't know if anybody here knows about this XP glitch or does and wouldn't sink this low to level up, but it's still working: https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-xp-glitch-season-5-trials/

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
With all the bullshit about shady terrible poo poo AAA publishers do coming out I will be very hesitant to give activision more cash for cod2020, especially if they are gonna jack up the price for games like it sounds like.

Ubisoft is now in my “nope” pile and activision is pretty much there. Doesn’t make any difference in the grand scheme of things but fuckit.

I just gotta keep entertained until Cyberpunk 2077 drops (lol watch it get delayed again)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CD Projekt Red is not a "good" studio either, though?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
As much as it's funny that a> someone thinks putting political acronyms into video games is somehow a thing worth doing, b> that it's weird that you'd get banned for it by this dipshit company, and c> characters in this game routinely spout lines like DIE, MOTHERFUCKER so a ban for a tier 1 profanity like 'bastard' is dumb as gently caress and hypocritical, I did get killed multiple times last night by the [EatPP] clan, one of whom was [EatPP]AtYourAuntsHouse, so maybe this isn't being enforced properly or universally.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

All Studios Are Bastards?

Sure CDPR probably has a fuckton of issues too but really I don’t think they’d compare to the bullshit publishers like activision or ubisoft pull. It’s shades of grey..

Definitely not a holy crusade for me or anything just man, gently caress activision. If other folks want to buy their stuff I won’t judge tho.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The best part of all these people running AN-94s is I can finally get ammo pickups for my 5.45 AK.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I've still got my ACAB tag. Maybe there's just way more people reporting it in the US.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

texture glitch is really getting annoying, happens every loving game, picking up guns is like russian roulette and the gulag gets really loving rough when your gun is a giant blob of polygons covering the screen.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Black Griffon posted:

I've still got my ACAB tag. Maybe there's just way more people reporting it in the US.

Do you play core? That's where i got all the smoothbrains raging at me over my tag and probably got reported there. They obviously didn't do a blanket ban because people still have the tags but I think you get the ban if you get reported for an offensive username.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mls
Jun 6, 2006
You wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.
Apparently AIDS is considered profanity. Had it for months after Forsakin (4SKIN) was deemed profanity. I was just trying to bring awareness to the disease.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Do you play core? That's where i got all the smoothbrains raging at me over my tag and probably got reported there. They obviously didn't do a blanket ban because people still have the tags but I think you get the ban if you get reported for an offensive username.

I mostly play core, but I haven't had a single euro player say anything. I probably ought to change just to be safe, but it stinks.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

mls posted:

Apparently AIDS is considered profanity. Had it for months after Forsakin (4SKIN) was deemed profanity. I was just trying to bring awareness to the disease.

uh-huh

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I play some multiplayer, a lot of warzone, I haven't gotten anything about my ACAB tag yet. I just had a single person in voice chat at the end of a shipment game DEMAND I remove my ACAB tag.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

CJacobs posted:

Yeah I honestly don't really want a new COD. Why would they try to make an ongoing ecosystem game (MW) and a new game entirely at the same time? Surely they must know that's just gonna splinter the playerbase. Unless they're going to discontinue MW's seasons as soon as it comes out which would be really lame.

They've released a new Call of Duty game every year for YEARS, and every new one is hailed as the best one ever (by the marketing and hype machine, not necessarily by us). I'm not sure why you're surprised that they are sticking to their successful model. Also the internet rumors are that Season 5 is the last one for MW.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hell yes dad mode win

Some good XP! A fun plunder map where me and a random pubbie were just off in a corner of the map doin our thing and didn't see anyone else for a while but then all hell broke loose late game. Bruen supremacy wins again.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

I mostly play core, but I haven't had a single euro player say anything. I probably ought to change just to be safe, but it stinks.

I'm in the EU, and hearing that the tag is still OK is annoying if that's what got me banned. But if it was for any of the other reasons they suspend accounts for rather than banning them outright, I lose all my progress and I'll give the game up and never buy a COD again.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I got temp banned last night for having the acab tag. My account name got changed to user and a bunch of numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

It seems the age of ACAB is ending, now the age of Cop begins.