Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm still not entirely sure how to plate. I just keep mashing 4 until im done. Do you just have to press it once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, and the extra bonus is that the setting carries over to controller

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The only good cops are the :cumpolice:

CUMP got banned in BF :smith:

Woop-woop! That's the sound of cum police! That's the sound of the beast!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm still not entirely sure how to plate. I just keep mashing 4 until im done. Do you just have to press it once?

Depends on the setting I gave on the last page. The way I have it in the screenshot, you hold 4 until you start and then it just keeps going. The other way I think is tap the number of plates you want to put on.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
So my ban has been lifted and now I can’t change my name. So my new name is user36518109.

I’m pretty sure I’m stuck with that forever but it is what it is.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

jase1 posted:

So my ban has been lifted and now I can’t change my name. So my new name is user36518109.

Hi user36518109. It's nice to meet you. I'm user63581529.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

Shame, shame, shame

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Speaking of annoying control stuff, I still can't find a way to turn off "auto mount on corners when ADS" behavior and it drives me up a loving wall. I don't want to be in a shootout and have my site picture thrown off and my reticle at a Dutch Angle just because I'm within 5 feet of something I can hold it against, thanks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The last 45 minutes of the crate reveal has been amazing. Everyone got a slide projector and NO ONE knows how to loving operate it. This was after they got past the padlock which some streamers also didn’t know how to actually use :lol:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The last 45 minutes of the crate reveal has been amazing. Everyone got a slide projector and NO ONE knows how to loving operate it. This was after they got past the padlock which some streamers also didn’t know how to actually use :lol:

I need to be the GEN X STREAMER for when they want to do poo poo like this.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Got a link? I want to laugh at young people.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Speaking of annoying control stuff, I still can't find a way to turn off "auto mount on corners when ADS" behavior and it drives me up a loving wall. I don't want to be in a shootout and have my site picture thrown off and my reticle at a Dutch Angle just because I'm within 5 feet of something I can hold it against, thanks.

I can’t check right now but I’m certain this is a setting I’ve seen. You can definitely turn it off.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
There is for sure settings for mounting behavior, I've found double tap ADS to be the best for me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I always wondered why there were so many anon/usernames with a string of numbers, they must have had some pretty spicy usernames.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

priznat posted:

I always wondered why there were so many anon/usernames with a string of numbers, they must have had some pretty spicy usernames.

Kind of ironic that a company where one of the lead game designers goes by Tigole [Bitties] is so harsh on user handles.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I know I'm late to the party on this but dad mode BR fuckin owns

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Can I just say “survive 7 seconds in the gas” as an operator mission is the dumbest fuckin thing.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

priznat posted:

Can I just say “survive 7 seconds in the gas” as an operator mission is the dumbest fuckin thing.

I just run around in the gas for a while in mini royale and then drive into the circle and try to run bounties until I die.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

jerman999 posted:

I just run around in the gas for a while in mini royale and then drive into the circle and try to run bounties until I die.

Can you live that long without the mask or is it required? I had a mask and was doin it but someone killed me that I hadn’t seen. :sigh:

It’s not hard it’s just dumb (also I rarely do BRs)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I collect all the gas masks in Verdansk and just chill out in the gas until I win.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Sans gas mask, you live 12 seconds in the gas regardless of armor value, so it's enough for that challenge. But yeah, it's finicky as hell and I have no idea what causes it to actually trip. Things I've done that have helped:

- Make sure the operator you're going for the challenge with is marked as your favorite, so you actually drop in with them. Note that in MP, it only needs to be the faction's selected operator, not your "favorite".
- I've triggered it without a gas mask before but YMMV.
- I have not triggered it while in a vehicle.
- It appears to trigger when your health starts regenerating after you exit the gas.
- gently caress it, solo queue and just run straight into the gas before the first circle closes, then out, then quit out when you get it.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 10, 2020

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

JaySB posted:

Shame, shame, shame

No shame ever in saying burnallpigs. gently caress the police and the bootlickers they ride in on.

Also where have you been? I haven’t seen you online for awhile? Maybe we play at different times.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Tried for that challenge using a gas mask and it didn't trigger.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Dying to the gas will trigger completion of those challenges too. Because technically I guess you were alive for X seconds before you died.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

priznat posted:

it should use your phone number

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

One defensive game of BR and you've got the gas challenge. Just dip in and out while staying on the outskirts.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Also it’s just 7 seconds total. Run in, count to 7, run out??? The ribbon one is 45 seconds so you have to do it multiple times.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Yeah. The ribbon will take you like two minutes?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I do it by scooting out of the gas over and over with a four wheeler

but also gently caress that dumb mission

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MW (pc) just got an update. could be a hot fix for the graphic issue on guns.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

If you actually play Warzone, you'll spend a total of 7 seconds in the gas in just a few games, unless you absolutely never play the edge. Nor is it difficult to cheese, just survive long enough in solos for first circle. And it is 7 seconds total in 1 second increments so you don't even need a gas mask to cheese.

I had a challenge yesterday that was like "10 kills with a Cluster Strike" and I'm like WHAT? At once!? No, no, it ended up being in total. Whew.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got a gas challenge done by being in a gulag underneath a gas area once

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I've definitely finished a gas challenge without spending anywhere close to the indicated time within the actual gas. Being in the gulag under the gas would make sense, but I also recall getting the challenge finished indicator once just by being near the gas. I also feel like the "pilot a vehicle for X minute" challenges are super lenient on time, almost like they must round up to a given fraction of time every time you get out of the vehicle.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I got a gas challenge done by being in a gulag underneath a gas area once

I got the 45 second in-the-gas ribbon this way

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

i finished the gas challenge by sustaining a 95dB fart into my microphone for 7 seconds

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

Also where have you been? I haven’t seen you online for awhile? Maybe we play at different times.

I took a couple trips to Mexico. I've been on a bit the last couple days though. I'll try to find your random username when I log on next.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

I got the 45 second in-the-gas ribbon this way

Yeah I mean I get that it might seem like a dumb mission, but it's absolutely nothing to worry about and incredibly easy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah the dumbness was “ok FINE I will play this dumb BR mode” and then the second time after getting ganked in the gas first time I was in a squad of randos and we made it to top 10 so I was too busy to go for the gas :haw:

I also did a hipfire kill mission in hardcore, I’m an idiot.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MW (pc) just got an update. could be a hot fix for the graphic issue on guns.

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Can Infinity Ward just like... make a tweet saying they're aware of it and looking into it?? Are they not looking into it?? Are they not aware of it??? Don't just say NOTHING. It's not like it's a small bug that happens once every 10 matches