Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

He was right to say it and it was worth the 25 grand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The ref told him the 2 options he can challenge for, they can't tell him which to pick. That would be dumb as hell.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
That wasnt a really close game, but
That was a really close game.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

John-Michael Liles' quarantine setup continues to be an absolute mood

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Aphrodite posted:

The ref told him the 2 options he can challenge for, they can't tell him which to pick. That would be dumb as hell.

It's dumb that a coach who's half a rink away and looking through a mess of players and officials has to make that decision without themselves having had a chance to see a slo-mo replay on a tablet.

It's not like he was fishing for a miracle and wanted them to check for everything under the sun. Nitpicking the phrasing of a challenge undercuts the only reason replay exists.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kalensc posted:

It's dumb that a coach who's half a rink away and looking through a mess of players and officials has to make that decision without themselves having had a chance to see a slo-mo replay on a tablet.

It's not like he was fishing for a miracle and wanted them to check for everything under the sun. Nitpicking the phrasing of a challenge undercuts the only reason replay exists.

Yes.

Challenges are bad.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1293708567455903745

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Lightning and Blue Jackets are draws baby!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was when the Bruins/Canes game was supposed to happen. Obviously just confused viewers.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/1293750307353133057

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Lol but also why doesn’t Lu have a blue check? Has it always been like that?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
THE CANUCKS HAVE WON A PLAYOFF GAME

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

JawKnee posted:

THE CANUCKS HAVE WON A PLAYOFF GAME

The Blues only playing the first 40 minutes of every game apparently doesnt translate into wins.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
gently caress YES gently caress the blues

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/QuadreIli/status/1293783596159733761
https://twitter.com/BBoeser16/status/1293787795165675522
https://twitter.com/Jake_Virtanen/status/1293788154067947521
https://twitter.com/_EPettersson/status/1293788336952287234

This team rules.

E: Also why you should cheer the Canucks over the Blues:
https://twitter.com/vanessajang/status/1292601566046744576

SoggyBobcat fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 13, 2020

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Lol but also why doesn’t Lu have a blue check? Has it always been like that?

He was far less forthcoming with who he was for a while and there was speculation it was a few different guys, but yeah he's never had one.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Elias Pettersson is indeed, a saint.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Really didn't expect a win. As wonderful as it is, please don't give me hope you idiots.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

ThinkTank posted:

Really didn't expect a win. As wonderful as it is, please don't give me hope you idiots.

Blues rolled a 4th line of Brouwer, De La Rose; and MacEchern.

They played about 6 mins and didn’t manage a shot.

That’s a bad 4th line. If they don’t play someone like Kostin over any of those 3, just wtf.

Blues won last year, in part, because they had 4 mostly balanced lines. Now they get to see if they can play through injuries: Blais and Steen are injured, Barbeshev has his kid so the earliest he is back is game 4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJExile posted:

He was far less forthcoming with who he was for a while and there was speculation it was a few different guys, but yeah he's never had one.

He never applied when you could, and now applications have been closed for like 3 years because Twitter had verified a bunch of neo nazis so people got mad and if Jack can't checkmark his nazi buddies then nobody gets checkmarks.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Aphrodite posted:

He never applied when you could, and now applications have been closed for like 3 years because Twitter had verified a bunch of neo nazis so people got mad and if Jack can't checkmark his nazi buddies then nobody gets checkmarks.

As a blue-check haver who just submitted a list of co-workers to be blue-checked, they're still handing them out, but it's more of a "you have to know somebody" situation.

... So I guess what I'm saying is I'll apply on Lu's behalf.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chad Sexington posted:

As a blue-check haver who just submitted a list of co-workers to be blue-checked, they're still handing them out, but it's more of a "you have to know somebody" situation.

Throw me on that list too. I'm a famous internet personality. Thank you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chad Sexington posted:

Are they?

...Hmm. Time to monetize mine. Alright goons, $50 each.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Teams that are said to be able to 'turn it on' are generally high powered, fast-strike offenses, which the Blues aren't. They're going to just overwhelm you with puck possession and tight-checking, which is more like a well-oiled machine. The shop's all outta grease right now

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I fell asleep during the 3rd and then the Canucks won and now I don't know what to believe. Even moreso because I feel like Sutter is playing good.

In other news, Vince Dunn is the perfect name for a country singer. So much so that I actually looked the name up convinced there was one by the same name.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 13, 2020

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wippersnapper posted:

Even moreso because I feel like Sutter is playing good.

In these unprecedented times...

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
With Backstrom out (probably) and Eller still out the Center "depth" is:

Kuzy
Boyd
Dowd
Maillet (Never played NHL game, is 27)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Looks like The Athletic is canning more writers:
https://twitter.com/AlisonL/status/1293887246777692160

Lukan is primarily a CBJ analytics writer, but I think she's done articles about the league in general, too.

Wippersnapper posted:

In other news, Vince Dunn is the perfect name for a country singer. So much so that I actually looked the name up convinced there was one by the same name.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Maybe it's not really Luongo...

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Kuzy
Boyd
Dowd

gently caress it. Just throw Vanacek in there and try to create a feel-good sports story as he carries the team to victory.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I accidentally renewed the Athletic at regular price because I wasn't paying attention. I feel like there's a good chance I'm the only person who has ever paid this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Lukan is primarily a CBJ analytics writer, but I think she's done articles about the league in general, too.

Aw that sucks, she was good.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

I accidentally renewed the Athletic at regular price because I wasn't paying attention. I feel like there's a good chance I'm the only person who has ever paid this.

Nope, same thing just happened to me about a month ago. I thought about trying to see if I could fight/cancel it, but :effort:

I did set a reminder to cancel it before next year though. And if they fire Shayna I probably will look into cancelling/getting a partial refund.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I checked, they don't do any kind of refund.

But they have made exceptions in the past when they mass fired people.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Felt like people were predicting this after she wasn't in on that in-depth analysis of Seth Jones.

It sucks. Hope she finds a new spot quickly.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Kuzy
Boyd
Dowd

I think our window has closed.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Canucks win one playoff game:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1293930237772943361?s=19

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Aphrodite posted:

I have renewed two years in a row now at the regular price. I don't mind, really, because it's basically the only sports journalism I read.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dammit Pierre...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

The hype train is picking up steam and my hosed up canucks fan brain cannot process it positively at all. We simply aren't allowed to feel good or have nice things.

Anyway to Pierre's point, the Canucks may not have a Seabrook but they sure as gently caress have a better goalie than Antti Niemi

goldrush fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 13, 2020