Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

By popular demand posted:

Caution: the short titled Bored At Work is actually about depression (guess old timey America was even worse about acknowledging psychological issues).
It also doesn't help.

My wife got SOOOOOOO mad at the wife in that short.

We also usually use a shuffled playlist of Rifftrax shorts as background noise on the sleep timer, and that's one of the ones left off the list. Definitely one to make you more depressed by watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

So this isn't Rifftrax, but I thought it would be worth posting. There's a YouTube channel called Themed Alternative where they've been watching old Disney World TV specials, as riffed by Kevin Perjurer (Defunctland), Disney Dan and Nate Begle (who plays the MST3K tour version of Crow). The riffs appear to be improvised from watching it the first time around and they're cut up to 15-20-minute long clips, but they're really good. So far there are only four installments.

The Walt Disney World Opening Day Special, which features Jonathan Winters being terrible and never doing anything that has to do with Disney World itself.

The Space Mountain Opening Special, starring Lucie Arnez with Tommy Tune being completely awesome. It has very, very little to do with Space Mountain and also starts the worrying trend of tweens being really, really into 30-year-olds.

The Mouseketeers at Disney World, starring none of the famous Mouseketeers. Watch as they all hate each other and one runs away in shame, only for everything to be wrapped up at the end with no explanation.

The Walt Disney World Tenth Anniversary Special, starring a young Michael Keaton, but not nearly as young as they want you to believe.

Since this post, there have been three more installments of this and they've gotten increasingly more batshit.

EPCOT Center's Opening Celebration: Danny Kaye and a very young Drew Barrymore hang out with some robots and beloved no-longer-existing character the Dreamfinder.

The Walt Disney World 15th Anniversary Special: Bea Arthur and Betty White enjoy Disney World together while Mickey Mouse straight-up shoots people! Also features a barbershop quartet times a hundred marching through the park, which is creepy as gently caress.

EPCOT's The Living Seas Opening Special: This one is must-watch in how insane it is. John Ritter hosts the opening of the Living Seas pavilion, but there isn't really much to go with in order to fill a special. To pad it out, poo poo gets incredibly dark and incredibly weird with no segues, like having one of the guys from Duran Duran talk about hearing a man drown and being haunted by the screams.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new Bridget and Mary Jo riff, Frankenstein's Daughter, is pretty goofy. Especially how the boyfriend character does absolutely nothing up until the very end where he kills the bad guy in an especially awful way (but doesn't seem to care at all that he just murdered a man.) He throws a jar of acid directly in Frankenstein's face and they show that his face completely melted.

Also the movie introduces Harold Lloyd Jr who is definitely no Harold Lloyd.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Since this post, there have been three more installments of this and they've gotten increasingly more batshit.
Thanks for alerting me to the existence of these. I remember watching these live as a kid and thinking they were like a Star Wars Life Day special with less plot. I don't think I'd be able to sit through them now, but the riffing doubles the entertainment value and they're pretty good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gavok posted:

The Endgame riff is very good, even if the Hawkeye jokes are beyond stale by this point.

Thanos: "You could not live with your own failure."

Bill: "Golden Corral's new slogan!"

Also, best callback: "Hey, hey, hey! Pym's on the way!

I love the running Golden Corral jokes

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/AllisonPregler/status/1291586780970590209

A little Inside The Actors Studio for Miami Connection.

Edit for new release:

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1291796305065410561

Did I see a digitally inserted tattoo among the terrible fursuits?

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 7, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/AllisonPregler/status/1291586780970590209

A little Inside The Actors Studio for Miami Connection.

Edit for new release:

Yes, also PS1 breaking window graphics

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Dawgstar posted:

Every single scene is amazing. Totally worth picking up.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm reminded of when people offered to create intentionally bad movies for MST3K to riff so the sci-fi channel wouldn't have to take it off the air.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Miami Connection originally being Escape from Miami seems obvious given the title drop in the song, reminding me deeply of that awful Yeti film with Meatloaf where the song is about a different creature.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Watching the guys riff on the Three Stooges in Swing Parade is entertaining, especially given how often people say it's a bad idea to try and make fun of comedies. It helps this one is like super heavy on non Stooge things.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lycan Colony is aggressively Boston.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Lycan Colony is so incompetent that they even screw up their end credits. Somehow around 3/4 of the way through the cast list they switch how people are listed. It starts with character-actor then all of a sudden it becomes actor-character.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lycan Colony is an instant must-watch. It fits into the company of Rollergator, Feeders 1&2 and Suburban Sasquatch where it's so low-budget that it barely counts as a movie, but it tries to add digital effects so badly in ways that ascend it to an even more special kind of terrible.

A lot of stuff is shown in that trailer. The digital neck tattoo, the shattered glass effect, the fact that one of the werewolf designs is just a fursuit, the completely unnecessary and unexplained Predator vision, the laughable blood red moon shot, the sorcery battle effects, etc. But the part that had me dropping my jaw the most? The climax of the movie takes place in the woods and while there are plenty of shots filmed there, there are moments that I have to imagine to be reshoots where they're in front of a green screen with an image of the forest imposed behind them.

I just have no words.

Now, then. Can somebody PLEASE make a gif of the sorceress lady's absolutely bizarre and lengthy stare from before she goes into the werewolf backstory?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like how they spend a lot of time on drunk doctor then he just kind of leaves the story and doesn't come back. Him being an alcoholic who killed a woman has nothing to do with anything.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

muscles like this! posted:

I like how they spend a lot of time on drunk doctor then he just kind of leaves the story and doesn't come back. Him being an alcoholic who killed a woman has nothing to do with anything.

There's sixteen minutes of the movie missing from the RiffTrax version because I guess all their VOD releases can't be longer than 75 minutes now for no goddamn reason even though Mike and Connor can record two hours making fun of a few chapters of a book. Can't wait for them to abandon riffing movies altogether because they're too long and switch to just episodes of TV shows.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's sixteen minutes of the movie missing from the RiffTrax version because I guess all their VOD releases can't be longer than 75 minutes now for no goddamn reason even though Mike and Connor can record two hours making fun of a few chapters of a book. Can't wait for them to abandon riffing movies altogether because they're too long and switch to just episodes of TV shows.

What was in those 16 minutes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Burkion posted:

We may never know.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

Perhaps an extremely racist cabby.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

From their forums:

quote:

Bit of trivia: I actually work with the woman who plays the lead character in Lycan Colony. Originally she was just supposed to come in and do stunts since she does kickboxing. When she got to the set, though, it turns out the actor (male) they'd hired to play the lead was a no-show, so the director asked her, "Hey, you want to star in this movie?" She went along with it, though she says the whole production was really weird. The director was WAY too full of himself considering he was directing LYCAN COLONY, for heaven's sake. They even had a "premiere," which she said was very embarrassing.

She was also vegetarian at the time, so all the meat-chewing she had to do was pretty nauseating.

She works in a much more sensible industry now, with less gratuitous bone-gnawing. But her kids think it's awesome their mom was in a movie. ^_^

I guess this also explains why she has a male name, if they never changes the script.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I guess all their VOD releases can't be longer than 75 minutes now for no goddamn reason even though Mike and Connor can record two hours making fun of a few chapters of a book. Can't wait for them to abandon riffing movies altogether because they're too long and switch to just episodes of TV shows.

They also started having like a 1.2x acceleration on their Twitch stream sometimes which makes me nauseated. I'd sometimes throw that on in the background while doing chores, but no more.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gavok posted:

Now, then. Can somebody PLEASE make a gif of the sorceress lady's absolutely bizarre and lengthy stare from before she goes into the werewolf backstory?

Also:

A special appearance by the Rick Sanchez Dancers:

"I don't think any of us expected THAT to happen!"

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
You forgot the scene that is the entire reason the movie was made.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Bless you.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

BaronVonVaderham posted:

You forgot the scene that is the entire reason the movie was made.

Which one?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

Lycan Colony is an instant must-watch. It fits into the company of Rollergator, Feeders 1&2 and Suburban Sasquatch where it's so low-budget that it barely counts as a movie, but it tries to add digital effects so badly in ways that ascend it to an even more special kind of terrible.

A lot of stuff is shown in that trailer. The digital neck tattoo, the shattered glass effect, the fact that one of the werewolf designs is just a fursuit, the completely unnecessary and unexplained Predator vision, the laughable blood red moon shot, the sorcery battle effects, etc. But the part that had me dropping my jaw the most? The climax of the movie takes place in the woods and while there are plenty of shots filmed there, there are moments that I have to imagine to be reshoots where they're in front of a green screen with an image of the forest imposed behind them.

I just have no words.

I've seen a lot of Polonia Brothers movies and usually regret texting a friend "You've gotta see this, it's Polonia Brothers level" because upon reflection it never is.

Lycan Colony is that kind of bad and maybe bad in ways the Polonia Brothers never managed. An achievement.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's a Doom House level of quality unironically.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Guy From Harlem is on the Twitch channel and it's confirmed I will never get tired of making fun over how he orders a New York Strip and what kind of scotch he gets.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

"Sir that is the worst scotch ever made."

Im a huge fan of jokes that are faux diegetic, especially when they get later call backs.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

And a well-done steak!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Licking the wounds. That and the fursuit tell you everything you want to know about the director.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I threw on The Guy From Harlem too and every scene where they clearly flub a line and then keep filming makes me happy.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
I hope you like really tough burnt meat and lovely scotch!

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

By popular demand posted:

It's a Doom House level of quality unironically.

"Doom House, but unironic" is pretty much the perfect summation of Lycan Colony.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

tankadillo posted:

"Doom House, but unironic" is pretty much the perfect summation of Lycan Colony.

Yeah. What does sell LC is the director thought he was making Art, not a 'so bad its good on purpose' movie.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Lumbermouth posted:

I threw on The Guy From Harlem too and every scene where they clearly flub a line and then keep filming makes me happy.

I’ve gotta start planning these sentences out all the way!!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Lumbermouth posted:

I've been binge-watching Dark Shadows and this happens in nearly every episode. I keep thinking Roger Corman is directing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I watched Lycan Colony. I was not prepared. Now I will diminish and go into the west.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
New video is out, taking a look.......Bridget & Mary Jo, instant buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

New video is out, taking a look.......Bridget & Mary Jo, instant buy.

High School USA, starring Michael J Fox and a whole slew of 80s TV stars. This used to get rerun on my local station in the 80s all the time.