Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BrianBoitano posted:

There's more but that's the punch line

GoldenEye 64 remaster lookin’ good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Jesus christ.
See this?

This sold for £435,000 ($569,262)

I'd buy that $350,000 jailhouse in a loving SECOND. (if I had $350,000)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BrianBoitano posted:

The cell door lock throws appear to be operational. Possibilities are amazing with this property.

:aaaaa:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
edit

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ak Gara posted:

Jesus christ.
See this?

Love to think of the cheap middle america mansions I could get with that kind of money

lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'd seen a residential home with jail cells in it before, a dominatrix lived in it. she didn't have quite that many cells though.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Nope, it's a different person that reddit latched onto and wanted to believe so, so badly

Egads! :pop: I have been bamboozled!
Oh well, Shapiro is still a weasel bastard that can't satisfy his wife.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/UnpaidComintern/status/1294819110149292033

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
patrolling the entrance to the kroger with one of these bad boys.

https://twitter.com/AnyTechnology/status/1294696290937380865?s=20

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

Jesus christ.
See this?

The only places with house prices dumber than the UK are Australia and new Zealand.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Drone_Fragger posted:

The only places with house prices dumber than the UK are Australia and new Zealand.

In Palo Alto that'd be $1.5 million at least.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Drone_Fragger posted:

Wanna try Prague? This white box, 100m2:

SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND BUCKS

The average income is 20k before taxes. This isn't even a central location and the house is barely larger than my apartment.

I guess it's now the unfunny picture thread.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

From 2014: Hoarder House In Palo Alto Is On the Market for $1.8 Million

The Bay Area real estate market is slightly saner now, but that's a really low bar to clear.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

Love to think of the cheap middle america mansions I could get with that kind of money

lol

You'd have to pay me $589,000 to live in Hutch

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

Shark bullets :colbert:

Bullets coated in shark skin. It's just like teflon-coated bullets, the smoothness means it can penetrate body armor with ease. :smuggo:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fly Molo posted:

Bullets coated in shark skin. It's just like teflon-coated bullets, the smoothness means it can penetrate body armor with ease. :smuggo:

it's a little known fact that while sharks are silky smooth if you rub them front-to-back, they're actually smoother if you rub them the opposite way and doing this makes them even smoother yet if you go do the first thing again, this process can be repeated seven times before the sharks carapace reaches zero friction in either direction and can now swim sideways at its top natural speed of 88 miles per hour, after which point you'll see some serious poo poo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Move aside, you stupid poor fucks. Vancouver would like you to see it's $2.4 million dollar home.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I didn't understand how to buy a house before this conversation and now I'm even more lost seeing the prices on these weird outliers I'm sure, but still.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Doc Hawkins posted:

i get it's their job to sell the thing but did they really not see how sinister "possibilities are amazing with this property!!" sounds when you're talking about a secret working prison?

Of course they're aware of it. They're realtors

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't understand how to buy a house before this conversation and now I'm even more lost seeing the prices on these weird outliers I'm sure, but still.

Pound the pavement, firm handshake, look in the eye

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Data Graham posted:

Pound the pavement, firm handshake, look in the eye

*shakes hand" $2.4 million you say... would you take a $350 down payment, a circa 1999 Star Wars Episode 1 Sebulba Slurpee Topper, valuable exposure mention on my Twitter, and my solemn guarantee to continue paying the mortgage with my income that floats between $600 and $1100 per year?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

*shakes hand" $2.4 million you say... would you take a $350 down payment, a circa 1999 Star Wars Episode 1 Sebulba Slurpee Topper, valuable exposure mention on my Twitter, and my solemn guarantee to continue paying the mortgage with my income that floats between $600 and $1100 per year?

If this was pre 2008 they'd of already signed you after "$350"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I’m gonna need an independent appraisal on the condition of that Sebulba topper first.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

Jesus christ.
See this?

Lmao you think that's a ridiculous price?

Doing the math, houses that size (with a MUCH smaller yard) in Toronto go for around £800,000.

Buddy those are real estate prices many of us can only dream of.

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
At the least the uk house is made out of bricks and won’t rot to pieces in 10 years, why you pay for a mansion made of wood and chip board boggles the mind.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My man let me tell you about Grenfell Tower

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Sonderval posted:

At the least the uk house is made out of bricks and won’t rot to pieces in 10 years, why you pay for a mansion made of wood and chip board boggles the mind.

Ah yes, the storied craftsmanship of English homes.

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
They ain’t pretty but they last.

Grenfel at least stayed up which is better than your “towers”.

Sonderval has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Aug 16, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yikes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Do a lot of Canadian towers fall down? I feel like I would have heard about that, but maybe not.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There have been building inspectors and real estate insiders saying that they would advise against buying an apartment in a building over a few stories that was built in the last 10(?) years or so in Australia. Letting developers and builders certify their own work went well.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sonderval posted:

:drat:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I mean, this isn’t falling down, but I wouldn’t rush to have the same people build something for me: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-30811889

Ronan Point was the classic “where’d that building go?” in the UK, but it didn’t exactly fall over. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Point

E: looks like things might not be a lot better now for some towers, though: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tower-blocks-collapse-risk-grenfell-safety-government-a8592436.html

Subjunctive has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Aug 17, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Sonderval posted:

I can't decide if this is very darkly funny or just dark, so I'm trying to figure out some random way of deciding. I'm thinking of going with the old meme thread classic of flipping a coin.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Moon Slayer posted:

I can't decide if this is very darkly funny or just dark, so I'm trying to figure out some random way of deciding. I'm thinking of going with the old meme thread classic of flipping a coin.

Would setting the post to Yakety Sax help?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Okay, heads I just shake my head and go "oof," tales I give it a sixer. Stand by.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oof.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Dear sir,

I believe you mean:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sonderval posted:

Maybe, but you knew about our towers.