Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But it doesn't rhyme with white.

Did they have to agree with those being produced? Is there some US law that allows fair use for such tat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Big Beef City posted:

You can say poo poo in gbs

i fear you may not have understood all the witty nuances of my fearsomely clever post

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I did as I was writing it and decided I didn't care

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Big Beef City posted:

I did as I was writing it and decided I didn't care

Powerful posting philosophy

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
you could've said dookie.

dookie is a funny word.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Shite always sounds better than poo poo anyway.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Double Deux posted:

I don't mind, vinyl is so niche that unless you're already collecting people usually have no clue what you mean when you mention it. The dude that mentioned Be@rbrick is spot on though. Even if the patterns on some are really cool they're way too samey/expensive.

A few of my favorite studios:

Unbox: http://store.unboxindustries.info/ less of an indie studio, does large runs sometimes as well as statuettes ranging from junji ito characters to Jodorowsky‎, to more cutesy mascot stuff like uamou.

Those Salad Fingers ones look strangely appealing.

I own so little collectible stuff that when we moved together my boyfriend bought me a large porcelain moose head for Christmas because he thought I should have a few ... things, to give off less of a serial killer vibe. Not sure how to feel about that. (At least it's a nice moose?)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Show us the moose.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

goatface posted:

Show us the moose.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

For some reason the best picture I have is a five year old cellphone one.

Edit: sec, Imgur mobile is being annoying.
Edit again: this is why I hate doing things from my phone.

He has moved to a more central location since then:

(Looking at it now it's a wonder the cats didn't break anything. Not our cats, just looked after them for a few days - they were perfectly polite visitors, but it's probably still not ideal to leave heavy fragile things perched on a speaker.)

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 17, 2020

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That is a pretty great moose, ngl

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Harlan Ellison's I Have No Mouth, cuz I'm A loving Funko Pop

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel like cats will actively go out of their way to not knock over things like giant moose heads

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I bought a Petyr Baelish one at a comicon years ago for 5 euro cause I thought "hey I like that character" and then like a year later I got the Bioshock Infinite guy under the same principle. They are now unboxed and sitting next to smaller blind bag figs of the flukeworm monster and Cancerman from the X-Files in front of my collectors edition Pipboy Fallout 4 copy.

GBS what is your verdict? Keep in mind this is the only nerd poo poo on display in my house.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds like you could have been a millionaire in 10 years, but now that they're no longer in mint condition, they're worthless.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Ralph Crammed In posted:

GBS what is your verdict?

You have been deemed unfit. To the funko re-education centers with you.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Keep in mind this is the only nerd poo poo on display in my house.

Extraordinary claims call for extraordinary evidence. Please post in the bookshelf thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933335

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
If you got Peter Bailey or whatever sitting next to the Pep Boys Fallout Edition...you might be a redneck

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Chrs posted:

Nah they were all still boxed. If I really dug for it I could probably find the photo. I’m sure he sent it me on WhatsApp or something back when he did it

Edit:

The manager must've been looking for a reason to fire the guy. That's nothing

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

zer0spunk posted:

You have been deemed unfit. To the funko re-education centers with you.

At least I get to keep my oversized and vacant expressioned head.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

An ex and I binge watched Futurama years ago, she bought us a Fry and Leela funko pop to represent us as a couple. It was a bit difficult having to pretend I liked it, but the sentiment was nice. I have a friend who specifically likes the Pokemon Vulpix, and she bought 2 of the same funko pop, which had a felt finish instead of plastic (obviously at greater expense). She unboxed them immediately and started touching them up, what a crazy mofo! But in all seriousness I don't personally see the appeal, they mostly look like poo poo, the one of Kirby that someone shared earlier is hilariously bad. The company just seem to make one out of any trend they possibly can because I imagine it's so easy to mass produce, and collectors seem to want it in every part of their life. Will there be funko pop foods? Cars? Homes?

Anyone who plays Warframe is probably aware of Floofs - you can get soft toys as a reward in the space ninja game, and use them to decorate your ship. Some people have naturally collected so many that you can't really move without having one in your face. It gets to the point that it lags your PC or console almost to death but at least you don't have to spend real money on that collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8C_QKxcSlQ

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 17, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Computer viking posted:

For some reason the best picture I have is a five year old cellphone one.

Edit: sec, Imgur mobile is being annoying.
Edit again: this is why I hate doing things from my phone.

He has moved to a more central location since then:

(Looking at it now it's a wonder the cats didn't break anything. Not our cats, just looked after them for a few days - they were perfectly polite visitors, but it's probably still not ideal to leave heavy fragile things perched on a speaker.)

Have you ever thought about getting a white porcelain squirrel to keep in the same room

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Big Beef City posted:

Have you ever thought about getting a white porcelain squirrel to keep in the same room

Like on the other speaker? No, but now that you mention it...

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

gently caress you found the one Funko I might actually buy, poo poo

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I feel bad for people who publicly display Funko pops the same way I feel bad for bronies and weebs

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

causticBeet posted:

I feel bad for people who publicly display Funko pops the same way I feel bad for bronies and weebs

Would you funko me? I'd funko me.

..... goodbye horses.....

mobile suit goatse
Apr 21, 2010
goons

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

PinheadSlim posted:

This is only true if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Imperial Guard are pretty weak.

Custodes are pretty strong.

Try to build a 1000 point list from both and see which is cheaper. Hint : The stronger units are cheaper because you need to buy less boxes of them. The Guardsmen end up being more expensive because they're weaker and you need much more of them.

Not to mention most people who play warhammer aren't trying to be competitive, they just buy what they think looks cool then play games on a casual level. Not everyone is buying new units to own at tournaments. They're not out there buying tons of new kits just because they're what's currently strong, because next edition is likely to nerf all that shiny new poo poo anyways.

Everyone can gently caress right off unless they have a set of pewter termies and a dreadnaught. Its been a while since i played but painting them was fun!

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

oh man it's like living in your very own gamestop.. so epic...

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i'm gonna barf. :barf:

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
not because of the funkos.

i think i ate something bad.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I wonder what this room looked like before they cleaned it specifically for this photo.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The_Continental posted:

I wonder what this room looked like before they cleaned it specifically for this photo.

5 foot high piles of Homies figs that they had to scoop into trash cans with a snow shovel.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Montresor is about to show Fortunato his comic con exclusive Pickle Rick

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

5 foot high piles of Homies figs that they had to scoop into trash cans with a snow shovel.

now those were something worth collecting

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

now those were something worth collecting

Holy poo poo, the mere mention of Homies threw me back in time. Those things from the bubble machines always seemed so cheap, it's nuts to think about people actually connecting them.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

gonna need a bigger garbage can :twisted:

mobile suit goatse
Apr 21, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

Holy poo poo, the mere mention of Homies threw me back in time. Those things from the bubble machines always seemed so cheap, it's nuts to think about people actually connecting them.

i just remember the kids in middle school who pretended they smoked weed collected those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

can’t believe y’all are dissing the Homies :mods: