Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

predicto posted:

Mods should never tell anyone that they are going to bed and no longer potentially monitoring the thread

not with this hopeless collection of bad posters (myself included)

mods sleeping is showing weakness, I post 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rockit posted:

A couple people's vote don't matter that much. Especially given the current averages. Chill.
Did you spontaneously come into existence on your Feb. 2017 regdate, because I remember hearing this argument before

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Sooo...

Who's going to get blamed this time if Biden fails to convince anyone to vote for him?

50/50 split between Tara Reade and third party voters.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

If the Democrats felt like throwing the left literally anything at all, legal weed, less money for cops/war, like anything, they could have Green votes easy. If it's a grift to sway leftists it's one that'd be really, really easy to counter.

And if they did show support for any of that, there'd be a string of posts saying "Uh uh! You're vote/statement from 15 years ago says otherwise! You can't fool me!"

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

I'll say there's plenty of room to waste votes here. It doesn't make sense to judge people for the voting for a likely winner when they're either very likely to without additional help or their loss will be due to other factors that their votes wouldn't fix.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

volts5000 posted:

And if they did say that, there'd be a string of posts saying "Uh uh! You're vote/statement from 15 years ago says otherwise! You can't fool me!"

Man that would suck good thing it hasn't happened

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Grondoth posted:

Hey what's wrong with unfrosted pop-tarts

Yeah I prefer them too but...

https://twitter.com/jkfecke/status/1295545326695264256?s=20

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

whos that broooown posted:

I have, rear end in a top hat. I've also donated multiple times to brand new congress and justice dems.

Keep it up with the crab bucket mentality though. I'm sure it will serve you well.

Oh, well I'm sure this time things will turn out better for your plan of doing the exact same thing and hoping for a different outcome.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

GoutPatrol posted:

mods sleeping is showing weakness, I post 24/7

who the gently caress is scraeming "LOG OFF" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never log off

or something like that

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Give it time, unless a mod shuts this down.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Rockit posted:

I'll say there's plenty of room to waste votes here. It doesn't make sense to judge people for the voting for a likely winner when they're either very likely to without additional help or their loss will be due to other factors that their votes wouldn't fix.

drat, some deep cuts from 2016 right here.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's dumb that people here are allowed to spew right-wing talking points as long as they use the right gotchas. We have entire DNC Councils full of African-American women talking about their experiences and basically it gets to get brushed off because those experiences aren't considered valid enough to even watch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Sooo...

Who's going to get blamed this time if Biden fails to convince anyone to vote for him?

those dastardly bernard brothers

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Eminai posted:

Oh, well I'm sure this time things will turn out better for your plan of doing the exact same thing and hoping for a different outcome.

Turn on your monitor

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
welp, Hawkins it is

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
They make unfrosted pop tarts?:confused:

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

JT Jag posted:

Did you spontaneously come into existence on your Feb. 2017 regdate, because I remember hearing this argument before

As the people in the polls thread say: 2016 is not 2020.
Not that calling people on a dead gay forum "Ethic-less" is a sound argument for converting green party voters regardless of the year. For one of these people aren't going to be in swing states.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Let me be clear; Green Party voters are morons regardless of year

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

It literally did though, I brought up that the platform out of the Biden/Bernie taskforce meeting calls for a public option that automatically enrolls people who aren't eligible for medicaid and the argument against it was 1: it won't pass so it's meaningless and 2: they don't trust Biden's administration on that topic.

The dems decades of running to the left and governing to the right have left them in a position where the harder left doesn't believe that they intend to pursue progressive goals. This is a perpetual cycle that requires good faith action to fix, and I'm hopeful we'll see that good faith action in the next administration. Maybe we won't. Maybe all this is meaningless and the only things left to do are either despair or burn it all down.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Pick posted:

It's dumb that people here are allowed to spew right-wing talking points as long as they use the right gotchas. We have entire DNC Councils full of African-American women talking about their experiences and basically it gets to get brushed off because those experiences aren't considered valid enough to even watch.

sometimes you just have to relax and ride out the periodic wave of exaggerated performance posting by the same 5-10 bad faith posters piling on and egging each other on. Pushing back even to defend yourself just means you will get piled on more and you eventually say something angry in response and eat a probe.

The discussion will return to normal soon (well as normal as it gets anyway)

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Let me be clear; voters are morons regardless of year

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

wasted my vote on dems for the last twenty years and they haven't learned a loving thing

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Jackard posted:

wasted my vote on dems for the last twenty years and they haven't learned a loving thing

Surely voting for the greens will fix things

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Grondoth posted:

It literally did though, I brought up that the platform out of the Biden/Bernie taskforce meeting calls for a public option that automatically enrolls people who aren't eligible for medicaid and the argument against it was 1: it won't pass so it's meaningless and 2: they don't trust Biden's administration on that topic.

The dems decades of running to the left and governing to the right have left them in a position where the harder left doesn't believe that they intend to pursue progressive goals. This is a perpetual cycle that requires good faith action to fix, and I'm hopeful we'll see that good faith action in the next administration. Maybe we won't. Maybe all this is meaningless and the only things left to do are either despair or burn it all down.

ask Amy Klobuchar if the man who killed George Floyd had done anything worthy of censure prior to that action, and you will know which of those two is the path forward

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Cutting myself on all that edge

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Grondoth posted:

That sounds awesome and if google had anything on Biden himself talking about it that'd be pretty dope.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

What are 40% of population that don't vote at all?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

I wonder if they've removed the part about opposing the Star Wars missile defense program that they've been copying and pasting into their platform for the past 30 years yet.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Rad Russian posted:

What are 50% of population that don't vote at all?

People who adequately value their own time.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

It isn't in any way lol

It absolutely is. "If you don't vote for Biden it's a vote for Trump" and "if you don't vote for Trump it's a vote for Biden" are the same statement, logically.

This isn't complicated.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Rad Russian posted:

Also complete morons?

just a guess

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Pick posted:

Having people on to say how bad things are doesn't mean that those who have power in the DNC actually understand them and want to apply a working solution.

How a few speakers is supposed to outweigh the candidate's poor thoughts on this and the lack of police reform in the platform needs to be unpacked rather than just asserted.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Rad Russian posted:

Those are the kids who showed up to class with no homework and no idea a test was that day.

They never stopped being like that.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Vote for Biden, hope you have a great time doing that.

Theres more effective ways of moving the needle towards better material conditions or even a Biden win though.

You know what these are.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Rad Russian posted:

Workers / people who don't have easy access to voting / people who don't care / some combination of those

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Shove your disingenuous bullshit up your rear end.

Sorry, quoted the wrong person.

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 18, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I wonder if they've removed the part about opposing the Star Wars missile defense program that they've been copying and pasting into their platform for the past 30 years yet.

loving lol they STILL have opposition to SDI in their platform loving 27 years after it was cancelled, incredible

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Blockade posted:

Vote for Biden, hope you have a great time doing that.

Theres more effective ways of moving the needle towards better material conditions or even a Biden win though.

You know what these are.

I mean i'm not campaigning for him but i will donate and maybe campaign for actually good groups/people. That'll do?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Midgetskydiver posted:

It absolutely is. "If you don't vote for Biden it's a vote for Trump" and "if you don't vote for Trump it's a vote for Biden" are the same statement, logically.

This isn't complicated.

at a high school debate level, this is a good abstract point

in the hellworld timeline where Donald John Trump is the current president and is doing horrific damage to everything decent or even hopeful that any of us care about, the balance of potential good or harmful voting choices arguably becomes a bit more nuanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Which candidate for President will be more receptive to a mass protest in favor of Single Payer the day after inauguration?

Trick question: neither, but with one you're not gonna get tear-gassed and thrown into an unmarked van.