Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Moon Slayer posted:

:same: It's so good.

Would people be interested in a "PYF Video Game Music" thread?

Call it the Tim Follin Appreciation Station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

There's a video game music thread in PYF already. The last post is from about three months ago.

Then it looks like it needs to be rebooted.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zedprime posted:

The Ladies of the Wood are clearly not a Triple Goddess reference. You can tell because there is no Hot One, and in fact you would be hard pressed to decide which one is even the Ugly One.

The fat one. Just like in real life, if "everything is ugly" about someone and they're fat then they're automatically worse than other "everything about them ugly" people.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

zedprime posted:

The Ladies of the Wood are clearly not a Triple Goddess reference. You can tell because there is no Hot One, and in fact you would be hard pressed to decide which one is even the Ugly One.

They're all hot when they're at Bald Mountain making a stew out of horny teenagers.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Aren’t we all though?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

They are either based on the Triple Godesses or they could be a historical variant of that concept. The Witcher games take so much from Eastern European folklore, but often similar concepts pop up all over Europe.
Like the draugirs. People who have drowned and come back as aquatic zombies.
In Norway we have Draugen and he lives in wooded lakes. If you walk near a lake at night he'll pop up and eat you. He also has an older brother that lives in the ocean and he'll get you on the beach. Or your dad's fishing boat if you don't behave.
Obviously this was told to children to scare them in both Norway and Poland so they wouldn't gently caress about near bodies of water or the seafront during the night.

But these folktales still live on and evolve. Take Toilet Draugen. That started out as a comedy sketch in the 70's but parents started scaring their kids by telling them that if they spent to long on the porcelain Toilet Draugen would pull them down into the sewers. My grandma told me that and I finished my business quickly any time I visited.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Norwegian Ghoulies?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my parents used to tell me that child me refused to sit on a toilet seat for a couple days after i first saw the ghoulies cover art.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

my parents used to tell me that child me refused to sit on a toilet seat for a couple days after i first saw the ghoulies cover art.

So you... went IN the toilet seat instead??

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty sure this is where that mythos originated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t2VPBF6Kp4

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
My childhood toilet fears came from the Ghostbusters toy that was a haunted toilet with bloodshot eyes and teeth

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lodin posted:

They are either based on the Triple Godesses or they could be a historical variant of that concept. The Witcher games take so much from Eastern European folklore, but often similar concepts pop up all over Europe.
Like the draugirs. People who have drowned and come back as aquatic zombies.
In Norway we have Draugen and he lives in wooded lakes. If you walk near a lake at night he'll pop up and eat you. He also has an older brother that lives in the ocean and he'll get you on the beach. Or your dad's fishing boat if you don't behave.
Obviously this was told to children to scare them in both Norway and Poland so they wouldn't gently caress about near bodies of water or the seafront during the night.

But these folktales still live on and evolve. Take Toilet Draugen. That started out as a comedy sketch in the 70's but parents started scaring their kids by telling them that if they spent to long on the porcelain Toilet Draugen would pull them down into the sewers. My grandma told me that and I finished my business quickly any time I visited.

Thaaaanks. My greatest fear is a spider crawling on my taint while dropping a deuce.

Even my parents wouldn't have done that to me.
After I locked them out for four hours on a very small balcony as a toddler, they started saying a very friendly tarantula lived in the drapes along with her 100 young. I now hate spiders and drapery.

Dressing up your windows as an excuse to have a spider farm, pfft. I'm on to all y'all's bullshit.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jaxts posted:

My childhood toilet fears came from the Ghostbusters toy that was a haunted toilet with bloodshot eyes and teeth

https://youtu.be/cjTd2nLDr9Y

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I knew what this was before clicking. I want that peepee!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"y'all got any enlightenment up front?"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Memento posted:

heeeere's ghandi!

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Glad nobody was sitting there to get Final Destinationed

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:vince:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Memento posted:

"Have you guys ever heard of Dark Souls?"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

"Have you guys ever heard of Dark Souls?"

"People who don't play on NG+ really shouldn't be able to comment on the game."

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Memento posted:

A
Legitimate
Monk
Smashed

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Calm down, Mr. President!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

xtal posted:

Glad nobody was sitting there to get Final Destinationed accidentally achieve nirvana.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

"Do you have any Nirvana up there?"
"No? Oh, never mind"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

"Do you have any Nirvana up there?"
"No? Oh, never mind"

:golfclap:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The new Flight Simulator takes place in a blessed version of the world

https://twitter.com/poddtadre/status/1295727359367286793?s=19

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Someone post the thread.

I've tried to erase the text, but I don't have the skills to make it not look like poo poo. Otherwise, I'd have started a thread for it...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

MizPiz posted:

The new Flight Simulator takes place in a blessed version of the world

https://twitter.com/poddtadre/status/1295727359367286793?s=19

Groverhaus is an Internet World Heritage site

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kheldarn posted:

I've tried to erase the text, but I don't have the skills to make it not look like poo poo. Otherwise, I'd have started a thread for it...

No I meant there was a thread years ago about that door hanger. Can't find it now, I glanced over the PhotoShop Phriday section of the main site.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Open your mind

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not getting this one

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not getting this one

try getting 2

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Memento posted:

"Yo, I heard you they've been talking some 'skrit."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
With age comes wisdom. (audio)

https://i.imgur.com/tMOaqI0.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/kIZvehV.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/r5VJSk8.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/KA4eB3n.mp4

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Memento posted:

If you meet the Buddha on the road, make sure he's buckled in.

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Memento posted:

"...and you pick the leaf with the virus on it!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Memento posted:

Buddha unbalanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Trabant posted:

quote:

xtal posted:

Glad nobody was sitting there to get Final Destinationed accidentally achieve nirvana.
Both involve massive trauma to the back of the head.