Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a big blow to a Cup run, but it's loving Carolina.

Halak is better than both of their goalies combined into some kind of horrid ungodly chimera mound of twisted and tortured flesh that screams in constant pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

The consistency of AsInHowe’s takes is just truly inspirational

it's really something

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DJExile posted:

it's really something

Ken Holland is a jackass

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
It's the offseason and everyone knows that's when you clean house on your loser team so here I am continuing to clean some stuff out of my collection. I put some Don Cherry cans/bubbas up as well and have some non-Penguin things coming up as well.

To sell, Lumpy Gumby. :D

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3934444

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 17, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Dirty Burger posted:

Anyone else not know that the Paulrus has reinvented himself

https://twitter.com/brianpfraser/status/1294022729751044098?s=21

I said I thought he looked like Barry Trotz during the qualifying round when the beard was thinner.

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Yeah, but I haven't seen any other team where the coaches have adopted a different "uniform" instead. Just seems like they're making a statement.

The Blues and Coyotes are/were doing it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/mrgrozz/status/1294676591138742272

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh drat a 2/10 joke :iceburn:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No I think that's a 0/15 joke.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oh drat a 2/10 joke :iceburn:

i am going to print out your posts and grind them up and sprinkle them on my popcorn because this is some very good salt

Aphrodite posted:

No I think that's a 0/15 joke.

lmao

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

AsInHowe posted:

welcome Boston

If the Bruins win in 5 you will pay for speaking it into existence.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Speaking of Boston, I looked it up and Zdeno Chara received one (1) cross-checking penalty in the last year. He got his money's worth. He also has one minor penalty so far in the playoffs. What a disciplined warrior!

Another thing: I'm not bitter. Don't say that I'm bitter.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/EricHawerchuk/status/1295789304166350849

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

gently caress :(

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Well that's some lovely news to come home to

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
That is very sad. :(

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Bregor posted:

Caps bad, so what. See y’all Tuesday night.

https://twitter.com/samanthajpell/status/1295866056351928320?s=21

SOON

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm insulted someone posted Hawerchuk in the loser thread

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Not my fault the Jets are losers :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hi chicago

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1296047668402229248?s=19

I know Vegas is stacked and Chicago had no real business being in the playoffs in the first place but jesus

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/EvolvingHockey/status/1296117785970585601

Extremely hard pass. On both options tbh.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao oh my god rags what are you doing

E: Oh this is some hypothetical thing. Still, woo boy

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Where are they getting that number from?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Where are they getting that number from?

Some proprietary model of theirs I think.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I don't see Strome as a long-term part of the Rangers, nor is he effective in a bottom six role. Anything over two years for him seems like a bad idea, as does any salary that prevents them from signing anyone else.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Playing with house money", "Nobody expected them to get there", "They were a bubble team but had to win their way in", etc., but life is pain.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
At least you guys beat Toronto, that was pretty sweet.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Spelling Mitsake posted:

At least you guys beat Toronto, that was pretty sweet.

Yeah, truth be told, I'm not terribly disappointed they're out because they defied expectations in spite of injuries/no Bread/no Bob, did win a series to get "in", and, if nothing else, it's a test run of what they need going forward (which, to no surprise, is scoring).

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
At the very least, both Jackets series were hugely entertaining with enough highlight reel saves to fill the offseason. Mostly upset because blowing a 2 goal lead is a lovely way to lose an elim game.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Plz god no. Panarin will be fine playing with another center is swear.

Unfortunately not a great center UFA class

But let Gorton work some trade magic or put Chytil in the top six or anything but give Ryan Strome that amount of money. And I love underachieving-former-high pick guys like Strome because you can get them cheap and they have great potential and pedigree, but when you start giving them massive term (after playing with elite talent) you are piling on a ton of risk.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 19, 2020

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Ugh. CBJ were, along with the Canes, my teams to root for this year.
I guess i'm a stars fan now cause of Seguin(used to watch him play in plymouth)

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Which of the Jackets goalies do you guys think will be Seattle’s starter in 2021

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

Which of the Jackets goalies do you guys think will be Seattle’s starter in 2021

I think they are both protected

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think they are both protected

They are, yeah.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I think one of the things we're seeing with this format is that the teams with depth issues are crumbling a bit earlier than they would have in the previous format. The play-in series added just that little bit of extra wear and tear to them and made them rely on their depth earlier than they normally would. Teams that might have broken through with a surprise win in the first round before are out of gas halfway through the round now instead. I expect to see the Canucks in this thread after two more games because of this as well.

The only exception to this I've really seen so far is Washington but that appears to be a coaching issue more than anything else and the Islanders are probably the deepest of the "less deep" teams.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

Matiss Kivlenieks. :smug:

(They'll protect Korpi and Elvis is exempt.)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I bet Seattle gets Josh Anderson and he scores 7000 goals for them next season like Wild Bill did

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Someone make a Jackets goalie name generator please.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I bet Seattle gets Josh Anderson and he scores 7000 goals for them next season like Wild Bill did

Keeping Anderson was the right call at the time knowing what we knew then. Wild Bill looked like he was a bottom 6 center who could play on the PK at the time. In hindsight, it's ugly, though.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Someone make a Jackets goalie name generator please.

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks
Veini Vehvilainen
Daniil Tarasov

...why, what ever do you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
purvis javelinsson