Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
LaMelo and Avdija are the only two guys in the consensus top 10 I’m really gun shy about. And even Avdija I can probably talk myself into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

morestuff posted:

LaMelo and Avdija are the only two guys in the consensus top 10 I’m really gun shy about. And even Avdija I can probably talk myself into

I have a couple of question about LaMelo for anyone that watched his Australian games. Does anyone know if LaMelo was double or triple teamed much (or at all) in Australia? How far back is the NBL three point line?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

Y'all are making me seriously :blush:. Especially since each and every one of your teams are at the top of my most hated list! lol

Its not much of a list of it just says "everyone".

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

I have a couple of question about LaMelo for anyone that watched his Australian games. Does anyone know if LaMelo was double or triple teamed much (or at all) in Australia? How far back is the NBL three point line?

Its NBA distance. I watched a couple quarters, he was guarded probably closer than he will be in the NBA but he wasn't keyed in on or anything.

My opinion is in a normal draft I'd be real happy getting him at 5 or 6.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Its not much of a list of it just says "everyone".

😅

I like the Grizzlies, Kings, Suns, Nuggets and only hate like three teams in the EC.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

😅

I like the Grizzlies, Kings, Suns, Nuggets and only hate like three teams in the EC.

Is one of them Atlanta?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

Is one of them Atlanta?

As much as I would want it to be, nah. Really only the Celtics and Heat.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kibner posted:

Y'all are making me seriously :blush:. Especially since each and every one of your teams are at the top of my most hated list! lol

we are all posting friends even if we are posting enemies

who’s at the top of your wishlist for pels coach? joerger?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Declan MacManus posted:

we are all posting friends even if we are posting enemies

who’s at the top of your wishlist for pels coach? joerger?

I don't really understand coaches that much but I think i want someone who hasn't been a head coach before.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the biggest no-brainer move that karnisovas could make to for bulls fans to love him would be to sign jo noah

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

I want to see Avdija's combine numbers, Lamelo too. I'm afraid Lamelo may have small hands

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I am starting to lean pretty heavily in giving Stackhouse a shot at coaching the Pels. Iirc, he has seemed to do well at other levels.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That would go well with if they kept Ingram since he is Ingram's mentor.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Kibner posted:

I am starting to lean pretty heavily in giving Stackhouse a shot at coaching the Pels. Iirc, he has seemed to do well at other levels.

IIRC, the Raps had a tough time deciding between Nurse and Stack as Casey’s replacement (NBA assistant vs. G-League head coach) and while it’s pretty obvious they made a good call, the fact that it was a tough decision speaks pretty highly of Stack.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/linzsports/status/1296314238890377216?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
:3:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Kibner posted:

I don't really understand coaches that much but I think i want someone who hasn't been a head coach before.

You should probably look into promoting Chris Finch, he's an offensive mastermind. The Nuggets O fell off a cliff when he left.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

LionYeti posted:

You should probably look into promoting Chris Finch, he's an offensive mastermind. The Nuggets O fell off a cliff when he left.

Yeah, he's on my short list. It looks like I didn't post it in this thread, but the people that I have heard are possibilities that I'm interested in are Finch, Stackhouse, Darvin Ham, and Becky Hammon.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

LionYeti posted:

The nuggets went from 4th in the league to 6th when he left :confused:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

The nuggets went from 4th in the league to 6th when he left :confused:

it wasn’t a huge cliff

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

He was by far the best player on his (very bad) team and they just let him run the whole show so he got quite a bit of defensive attention.

The line is the same I think, but he has also been shooting half court pull ups since he was 13 so I'm not sure it changes his game a lot

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Can you make the case for Ball, especially vs. Hayes? I wouldn’t be crushed if Charlotte took either but I’d rather not deal with Ball’s horseshit

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

we have a whole draft thread it can’t just be me and mv and dejan and lockback talking around each other for the next month

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
E: moved LaMelo chat to the draft thread .

Declan MacManus posted:

we have a whole draft thread it can’t just be me and mv and dejan and lockback talking around each other for the next month

Yes please stop making me post at myself like a lonley psychopath

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I've been going crazy thinking about it for a week, I gotta know what you guys think.... where does Jim Boylen end up coaching next year? and please tell me how it won't be as a defensive assistant under Jason Kidd in a totalitarian regime in New Orleans

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Most dudes take a year off after getting shitcanned

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

he’ll collect an announcer check for a season and then go collect a paycheck with brett brown in sacramento

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Sounds like Boylen was kind of a dick to the media too so I don't see anybody really rushing to give him a gig like that

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

He'll join a basketball think tank to determine new ways to make players responsible.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i saw a tweet that was a little more specific but that's disappeared into the ether

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2020/08/22/phoenix-suns-ryan-mcdonnough-luka-ayton/

quote:

“I probably won’t get into all of it specifically. What I would say, it was somewhat of a tumultuous time in Phoenix, as the last decade has tended to be…it was an unstable environment.

“I think our process could have been better as far as Luka’s evaluation in particular. He was still playing in Spain in 2018 in the playoffs which made it difficult. I was not able to go see him play late that year in May and June. Had I gone and seen him play, he dominated the playoffs in the Euro-league Final Four. Would we have arrived at a different conclusion? Keep in mind I did not have ultimate autonomy to make basketball decisions there.”

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I mean that was clearly a Sarver decision.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

with the information available at the time, ayton was a defensible pick if you were worried about luka not being athletic enough to succeed in the nba (a bad take but not crazy)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can i join in on the we could have had luka party?
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/when-winning-losing-tiebreaker-victory-comes-back-cost-bulls-no-2-pick

as lovely as garpax was, i think they would have taken him and he would definitely be as good as he is now if he was playing under boylen

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How is it an excuse for a gm that they didn't get to see a player's Euroleague games? They can all be streamed online.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

So whoever Charlotte takes at 3 will be at least as good as Luka, right

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

How is it an excuse for a gm that they didn't get to see a player's Euroleague games? They can all be streamed online.

Yeah if I can find Aleksei Pokusevki's Greek second league games I would hope a NBA team could get footage from the second best league in the world

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don't know if it is on purpose but Brett Brown appears to be fading away like the back to the future photo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the new bulls announcer rules
https://twitter.com/adamamin/status/1298044256079183877?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967