Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

There is a VICE doc about a guy who's like $100,000 in debt because he predicted homies as the next beanie babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORE2kqA1HD8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
drat, was just about to post that vid. Great mini-doc on the rise and fall of Homies.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Would you funko me? I'd funko me.

..... goodbye horses.....

Those boxes must be stronger than I thought for the bottom ones to not be squashed, I assumed they were as cheaply made as the model itself.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Doug Sisk posted:

Those boxes must be stronger than I thought for the bottom ones to not be squashed, I assumed they were as cheaply made as the model itself.

i imagine they weigh nothing.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wow now that's dedication. Building a whole house so he walls are exactly high enough to store your Funko Pops.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

That's what we can see, but how many layers deep does it go?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I hope OP is happy because I've placed a bid on ebay for a Guy Fieri Funko

I'm a monster

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

PinheadSlim posted:

I hope OP is happy because I've placed a bid on ebay for a Guy Fieri Funko

I'm a monster

How much did that run you lol

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

TheMostFrench posted:

That's what we can see, but how many layers deep does it go?

drop a coin in it and wait until you hear it hit the bottom.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

The_Continental posted:

There is a VICE doc about a guy who's like $100,000 in debt because he predicted homies as the next beanie babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORE2kqA1HD8

"Such is da' life of da' fuckin' vendin' machine guy." Ah I love him

If you wanted a funko even uglier than usual, here's a special 8-bit doll of popular video game character "Freddy Krueger"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This one actually owns lol

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I'd buy a funko pop of Duke Nukem (and I did check and it doesn't exist) and thought there should be funko pops of other 90s PC game characters because they're already making them for everything else.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Tim Whatley posted:

Montresor is about to show Fortunato his comic con exclusive Pickle Rick

Nemo me fornicate lacessit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Flannelette posted:

I'd buy a funko pop of Duke Nukem (and I did check and it doesn't exist) and thought there should be funko pops of other 90s PC game characters because they're already making them for everything else.

I'm quite surprised given Gearbox would almost certainly shell out for Funkos of every possible Borderlands character.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bandaid.friend posted:

"Such is da' life of da' fuckin' vendin' machine guy." Ah I love him

If you wanted a funko even uglier than usual, here's a special 8-bit doll of popular video game character "Freddy Krueger"

this is loving genius

"hey you insufferable nerds with NES controller belt buckles, you know all those funko pops you already own? Now you can re-buy them but in pixel form! Like your video games! Isn't that epic?"

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
load bearing funko wall

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
Our shameful society banned plastic bags and plastic straws but allow funko pops to be sold.
At least the former plastic garbage had a useful purpose.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The_Continental posted:

How much did that run you lol

If no one outbids me it'll be 10 bucks. If I win he's going in my kitchen and to shower me in imaginary praise every time I cook

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TheMostFrench posted:

Anyone who plays Warframe is probably aware of Floofs - you can get soft toys as a reward in the space ninja game, and use them to decorate your ship. Some people have naturally collected so many that you can't really move without having one in your face. It gets to the point that it lags your PC or console almost to death but at least you don't have to spend real money on that collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8C_QKxcSlQ

Those balls actually came from a limited summer event where getting one took an hour or two.

That person spent probably 8 hours every day grinding a boring event just to make that happen.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

If no one outbids me it'll be 10 bucks. If I win he's going in my kitchen and to shower me in imaginary praise every time I cook

Sounds like too much carrot and not enough stick. You'd better buy a Gordon Ramsay (custom) Funko Pop to balance things out.
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/839415210/gordon-ramsay-custom-funko-pop

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

PinheadSlim posted:

st fieri should be in all kitchen to bless us with the provenance of flavortown

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Testvan posted:

Our shameful society banned plastic bags and plastic straws but allow funko pops to be sold.

It's fine they are vinyl, a material that is almost never recycled. It also doesn't have rings to strangle fish!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Testvan posted:

I don't think you understand, people aren't just going to throw these away! You would have to be some kind of crazy person! :shepspends:

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Testvan posted:

You're onto something there. Funko Pops made of recycled plastic - it's like a landfill in your house, that you pay for!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Are there two of every one, so they can display both the front and the side of the box? Good lord

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Are there two of every one, so they can display both the front and the side of the box? Good lord

Looks to be a mix. Found the hi-res original, looks like Burt and Super-Grover are duped, but Cookie Monster and The Count aren't. Repeat ad-nauseam across the entire horrid wall.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
when I was a kid I had a friend whose mother collected pez dispensers and had a special locked room in their house dedicated to them with shelving on all 4 walls all filled with them, with duplicates going back deep.

she was a lawyer and a state government official

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Easy to clean too

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

roomforthetuna posted:

You're onto something there. Funko Pops made of recycled plastic - it's like a landfill in your house, that you pay for!

Apparently they over produce them and many end up in the landfill.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm quite surprised given Gearbox would almost certainly shell out for Funkos of every possible Borderlands character.

Yeah you can get funkos of borderlands people and gears of war, halo etc but I want Duke or Caleb or the bad guy from Riven. Probably better to hand make something these days then there's no waste and I get what I want.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

The_Continental posted:

During the Beanie Baby craze, my best friend's mom was deep into it and convinced they would pay for his college later on. She fought tooth and nail to get every single Beanie Baby, and had them in glass display cases. I'll never forget being at his birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. His mom handed him a few small gifts and said to open one of them last. That one turned out to the the Princess Di special limited edition (it was a purple bear with a white rose on it) , which she had paid $100 for because they were extremely hard to find. He opened it, kind of gave a confused look, and she yanked it out of his hands. "I don't want it to get dirty." It went in the display case with all the others.

Three years ago we were going through a bunch of stuff he had in storage from his mom. Sure enough, we found several containers full of all of those beanie babies. She had never sold any of them. The Princess Di Beanie Baby was tossed in with all the others.

I believe he sold off the entire collection (literally hundreds of them) for a few hundred bucks at most.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Probably been said before, but anything that's actually sold as a limited edition collectible from day one is usually worth jack poo poo down the track because everyone who'd actually be interested in them and has money to spend already has them all by the time the craze ends. It only takes one or two of the big collectors to cash in and suddenly whatever demand there was is filled.

There was a CatDog episode about it of all things.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
no one has emailed me back about my budd dwyer request

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Is there one of Hitler, and followup question, is there one from a movie of someone playing Hitler that is indistinguishable from one of Hitler? Trying to figure out where they draw a line, if anywhere.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

My Lovely Horse posted:

Is there one of Hitler, and followup question, is there one from a movie of someone playing Hitler that is indistinguishable from one of Hitler? Trying to figure out where they draw a line, if anywhere.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

A custom made one I guess, looks kinda cute :ohdear:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Of course even hitler is cute when he has big head like baby.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The profit/roi ceiling seems really bad considering how many of these are out there, how much space they take up, yellowing of the clear plastic over time, and potential of getting gunked up with handling since you can put it back in the box after opening easy peezy.

Sports cards seems like a much better investment.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

wide stance posted:

The profit/roi ceiling seems really bad considering how many of these are out there, how much space they take up, yellowing of the clear plastic over time, and potential of getting gunked up with handling since you can put it back in the box after opening easy peezy.

Sports cards seems like a much better investment.

IIRC the bottom's dropped out of sports cards partly because of the usual problems but also because literally no one under 50 cares about them and all it takes is a few kids selling their dead dad's collection on Ebay to flood the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I loved trading sports cards as a kid in the early 90s. There was a Beckett price guide that was a weird sort of fake stock ticker for card prices. I once had a kid give me his whole hockey card collection for a few Detroit Tigers cards, especially Cecil Fielder and Alan Trammel. I told my mom about the great deal and she made me give them back.