Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
OH poo poo

POST WIENER GIFS

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__99hhyrV5A

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wish I still had that photoshop I did of a hot dog and the chestburster from alien. It came out really good.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I know this is a little late and slightly off topic, but america uses the metric system extensively. Drugs! Grams and kilos everywhere. Except weed, thats still in ounces mostly.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ZombieCrew posted:

I know this is a little late and slightly off topic, but america uses the metric system extensively. Drugs! Grams and kilos everywhere. Except weed, thats still in ounces mostly.

Weed taught me how to convert ounces to grams and back again

Also to control my antisocial outbursts

Thanks weed!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/InsiderFood/status/1296236953407455234

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That utter waste of ingredients is 2000 American Dollars.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The Bloop posted:

OH poo poo

POST WIENER GIFS

you asked...

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Grilled wiener + toasted bun = awesomeness

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Freaquency posted:

come the revolution, the people who run Food Insider and the people that are featured on Food Insider will be liquidated.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Freaquency posted:

So you are paying $50/lb for hamburger pizza

I would be hard pressed to find something that's $50/lb at a regular grocer, outside of like saffron (which is feather light) or truffle oil or something. You can get some insane cured meats or godzilla shrimps or the fanciest cheese and spend less than that.

It's just burger pizza. The owner must do a little dance of joy when they find out someone ordered it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

The girl in the back reminds me of

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bees on Wheat posted:

So this just came across my twitter feed.. :barf:

I don't ever want to meet the ten people this would feed.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I would be hard pressed to find something that's $50/lb at a regular grocer, outside of like saffron (which is feather light) or truffle oil or something. You can get some insane cured meats or godzilla shrimps or the fanciest cheese and spend less than that.

It's just burger pizza. The owner must do a little dance of joy when they find out someone ordered it.
There's a whole list of factors describing why it costs more to have someone make you food that I'm not going to get into and instead joke: buddy you've obviously never gone to a steak house.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Quiet Feet posted:

I have these distant relatives that live near me but I've only met twice...the first time was at a superbowl party they threw. Showed up, and they're all massively obese people, which I didn't realize, and the food they made was so loving dire. Everything was some combo of velveeta, chili, taco meat/hotdog, and carbs...and they were like making two plates at a time and taking it to the living room....where they had 2 recliner couches, so that the morbidly obese mom, dad, and son could all crush their horrid meal fully reclined. That was the last time I saw them.

Anyway, this bean dish looks just like something at that party.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Quiet Feet posted:

It has already fed nine people, it's waiting for the tenth to complete the cycle

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

I have these distant relatives that live near me but I've only met twice...the first time was at a superbowl party they threw. Showed up, and they're all massively obese people, which I didn't realize, and the food they made was so loving dire. Everything was some combo of velveeta, chili, taco meat/hotdog, and carbs...and they were like making two plates at a time and taking it to the living room....where they had 2 recliner couches, so that the morbidly obese mom, dad, and son could all crush their horrid meal fully reclined. That was the last time I saw them.

Anyway, this bean dish looks just like something at that party.

It was the first and last time you saw them, but you met them twice?

Like I know it's not really important but it's grating on my brain.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I met the wife whom I'm related to, previously. The second time I met her husband and son as well. So I didn't realize they were all very large, but I had known the wife was.

e, content:

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Aug 20, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving hell.

Me when when eat I'm happy: cheese:

Me when I'm happy from a grilled.

Me when Me I'm when happy from eating I'm happy: a grilled cheese:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

loving hell.

I couldn't do it either, my brain just shut off trying.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

I couldn't do it either, my brain just shut off trying.

My brain just shut off because it's 3:00 and I'm at work

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

loving hell.

Me Me I’m a Tube Man

augias
Apr 7, 2009

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Did u know truffle oil is a synthetic flavor discovered at some chemical corporation's RnD department and its just vegetable oil + artificial flavor marked up to hell? The only real stuff would be truffles preserved in oil so buyers be aware.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Don't care enough to check, but I think I remember reading it was originally made by a perfume company. They love to mark up cheap poo poo with glitzy advertising

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

augias posted:

Did u know truffle oil is a synthetic flavor discovered at some chemical corporation's RnD department and its just vegetable oil + artificial flavor marked up to hell? The only real stuff would be truffles preserved in oil so buyers be aware.

the only reason I know this is because of that one episode of MasterChef season 3(?) where a lady gets rejected in the auditions for putting it on her food. They really laid into her about it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

The Bloop posted:

OH poo poo

POST WIENER GIFS

I only have a still.

But what a still it is.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Antigravitas posted:

I only have a still.

But what a still it is.

How did you get a picture of me?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bummer Sausage

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

augias posted:

I know this because I am hideously sensitive? allergic? to it and have vomited within minutes each time I’ve consumed it. (Everything after the first time was obviously unintentional.)

I really like actual truffles, too, but I am too lazy/cheap to cook them just for me (husband hates them).

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
Coincidentally, both from the same Lindsay Ellis video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v_wfECtCvQ&t=161s

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one rereading that over and over again as if it was a zen koan.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

yeah I eat rear end posted:

the only reason I know this is because of that one episode of MasterChef season 3(?) where a lady gets rejected in the auditions for putting it on her food. They really laid into her about it.

I seem to remember this also happening on Chopped at some point

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Dixville posted:

I seem to remember this also happening on Chopped at some point

I know that on Cutthroat Kitchen they included truffle oil in the pantry as essentially a trap ingredient. In the very first episode (IIRC) a contestant used it and was basically immediately disqualified by the judges over it and I don't recall it ever being used again in the episodes I watched back when I binged the series a few years ago.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mr.Radar posted:

I know that on Cutthroat Kitchen they included truffle oil in the pantry as essentially a trap ingredient. In the very first episode (IIRC) a contestant used it and was basically immediately disqualified by the judges over it and I don't recall it ever being used again in the episodes I watched back when I binged the series a few years ago.

I've watched like 200 episodes of chopped. The only time truffle oil worked out was one single time where someone put it on roasted vegetables. They used like a quarter teaspoon of it.

E: every other time it came up it was something that the judges totally poo poo on

AARD VARKMAN has a new favorite as of 05:50 on Aug 21, 2020

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

zedprime posted:

There's a whole list of factors describing why it costs more to have someone make you food that I'm not going to get into and instead joke: buddy you've obviously never gone to a steak house.

Yes, things like steak or lobster cost more per pound. You pay even more for them at the restaurant, because you want a person who cooks for a living to prepare your expensive meat the right way.

This is not steak. This is pizza and ground beef and some hamburger toppings. If it was $200-$250 I could understand that it is a pain in the rear end to make and you pay extra for the novelty. The kind of thing you'd order for a huge party or something.

There is no reason for this to cost $2000. It is big hamburger pizza. It has no special ingredients, they don't have to use a special oven it just barely fits into the regular pizza oven. Congrats on the restaurant for pulling one over on wealthy idiots I guess??

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Yes, things like steak or lobster cost more per pound. You pay even more for them at the restaurant, because you want a person who cooks for a living to prepare your expensive meat the right way.

This is not steak. This is pizza and ground beef and some hamburger toppings. If it was $200-$250 I could understand that it is a pain in the rear end to make and you pay extra for the novelty. The kind of thing you'd order for a huge party or something.

There is no reason for this to cost $2000. It is big hamburger pizza. It has no special ingredients, they don't have to use a special oven it just barely fits into the regular pizza oven. Congrats on the restaurant for pulling one over on wealthy idiots I guess??

Not that its an excuse, but they did use Kobe beef for the burger patty. Only to hide it in that pile of garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

WITCHCRAFT posted:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/instagram-pizza-burger-huge-money-popular-social-media-champion-pizza/1071621/

At lest according to the owner, this was a limited time thing and the proceeds went to charity.

quote:

And while it seems extravagant, and maybe even a tad excessive, the purpose behind the pizza is what truly makes it extraordinary. All proceeds from the pizza-burger will go directly to those affected by Hurricane Florence in North Carolina.As someone who lived rough on the streets for a short period of time, for Akdeniz, it always comes down to giving back. Whether it’s in collecting supplies for places hit by natural disasters, donating hot pies to local shelters, or just by creating a speciality pizza to raise awareness about austism, Akdeniz is always focused on helping others.

Last year after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico, he encouraged New Yorkers to donate supplies by offering free pizzas to any who brought needed toiletries to any of his shops. He's also played a big role in helping undocumented immgrants and refugees find work in throughout New York City

I mean of course, who knows what, "the proceeds went to charity" *actually* means, but maybe they weren't actually grifting media conglomerate people.