Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Can't forget 'completely ludicrous, self-sufficient fortress region'. Is it at the point of a Keepstar in every system in Delve yet?

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Counterpoint we know logistics wins wars. And apparently our enemies think naps and a green killboard does instead.

Logistics, literally the most important thing in civilisation pretty much, being important?
Naaaaaaah, K:D Ratios are the thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

orange juche posted:

Wars are won by incredibly unsexy things, like logistics, and grinding opponent morale into dust via blueballing, which is something goons are pretty good at.

We used to be really good at recon and scouting too :smugdog:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The recon guys handholding my stupid newbie skirmish commanding rear end seem to be pretty good :shobon:

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Solus posted:

The recon guys handholding my stupid newbie skirmish commanding rear end seem to be pretty good :shobon:

There are so many guys with so much xp doing the exact content you're starting to provide, you're in a good place if you wanted to start FCing

since im not actually in any imperium-aligned group right now I can't just ask myself on discord / jabber - can someone ask Joe Painter if he's open to sharing a few tips with a wannabe low-rent miniluv impersonation group im getting together out of the triglav hiseccers that don't wanna be carebears anymore?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
just use your EVE MAIL

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I have alts that bring the stuff i need for pvp down to the bleak lands that go right through there. Hopefully the markets adapt and Amarr becomes a viable trade hub again but i might just have to inject a JF alt

How’s Pred doing these days?

We just wrapped up our annual summer lantorn deployment and had a great time. That 800b capital brawl was amazing.

Hope Pred and you guys are doing well.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Loky11 posted:

How’s Pred doing these days?

We just wrapped up our annual summer lantorn deployment and had a great time. That 800b capital brawl was amazing.

Hope Pred and you guys are doing well.

Pred quit a few months ago, then tried to do this weird thing where he planned a dreadbomb on current allies and tried to get us to do it, then hosed off again

Melkie is still around and Val is the current Big Dick FC. We've been doing well - involved in a 100b cap fight in HED- last weekend that was a good time.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It's pretty funny that the prices for some things in 1DQ are significantly lower than Jita

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vyst posted:

We used to be really good at recon and scouting too :smugdog:

How in the hell did you get your doug avatar back

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

orange juche posted:

How in the hell did you get your doug avatar back

I got my posts per day up and the mods took pity. Really though one mod got fed up with the vulgar one someone gave me and changed it for free. That made a nice even 10th avatar change i didn't pay for

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

It's pretty funny that the prices for some things in 1DQ are significantly lower than Jita

Why not? There are no Rorquals in highsec.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot take: gently caress k space

Wizard of Wang
Aug 8, 2004
I did not hear back from any goons from posting in here. Boudarn Gaelis is my in game name.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Wizard of Wang posted:

I did not hear back from any goons from posting in here. Boudarn Gaelis is my in game name.

Goon stuff is super secure, gotta follow the process.

You spy.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Relentless posted:

Goon stuff is super secure, gotta follow the process.

You spy.

We're all spies but we still knew enough to read the beginning of the thread. And can follow directions to get into Goonwaffe.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I am still in awe of this gigantic game.

I took the brave step of leaving my teaching corp because nothing was happening and just joined a random corp after chatting to someone in the recruitment channel. They are significantly smaller but vastly more active so I am learning significantly more.

However, 24 hours after joining someone declared war on our corp (or maybe alliance, I'm not too sure)

The leaders started sending out mails saying apparently a station of ours was undocked and this particular corp look for undocked structures to attack as that is when they are weak. It sounds like the leaders have it all in hand, so this other corps MO is apparently to just keep moving on so we are probably safe.

It's all very confusing :D but also such a tiny scale compared to the stuff I read here.

I think there tonight is some kind of cut off point for potential fighting though.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Probably a really dumb question, but is the mobile version of this somewhat true to the PC version? I thought I would download this on steam and give it a go.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

Probably a really dumb question, but is the mobile version of this somewhat true to the PC version? I thought I would download this on steam and give it a go.

Yeah it is a scaled down version of the normal game, not like a match four or something. There is a thread about it in the mobile gaming subforum https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932792

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah it is a scaled down version of the normal game, not like a match four or something. There is a thread about it in the mobile gaming subforum https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932792

Oh sweet. I made an account and followed the wiki (for PC) :toot:.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I've been playing it a lot and its quite good. Managed to kill some squatters in NOL today who stupidly agressed on station. Points and scrams are insanely expensive, and nobody has tech'd up to bubbles, so pvp is thin on the ground.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Just joined back up on PC after playing the mobile version. Probably been asked before, but why is goonfleet still using jabber/mumble? It seems like you could transition over to discord and have it combine the two. With discord bots I'm sure it could be as secure as the current system?

Guessing it would probably be a big undertaking and why change something that isnt broke.

Keegers fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 20, 2020

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Yes still on jabber/mumble and because discord voice suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Keegers posted:

Just joined back up on PC after playing the mobile version. Probably been asked before, but why is goonfleet still using jabber/mumble? It seems like you could transition over to discord and have it combine the two. With discord bots I'm sure it could be as secure as the current system?

Guessing it would probably be a big undertaking and why change something that isnt broke.

If you want the full story, head on over to this page and read the following 2-3

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866278&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=406

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Otacon posted:

If you want the full story, head on over to this page and read the following 2-3

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866278&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=406

Ah, good read thanks. Figured it's been discussed before but my search kept not finding anything

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

So what is some stuff I can do in the meantime while I wait for the corp stuff to go through? I've done the local combat career path trainer dudes missions so far and landed a sweet Punisher ship.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Join faction warfare and shoot other people with your Punisher is what I would do.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

So what is some stuff I can do in the meantime while I wait for the corp stuff to go through? I've done the local combat career path trainer dudes missions so far and landed a sweet Punisher ship.

make sure you're always training stuff, if you didn't buy Omega it's going to take you a few months to train up enough to be useful in fleet battles, and try out the other ways to make money like mining or exploration. You could also always do more NPC missions. The Sisters of Eve ships are super good and you either can spend a billion isk buying one or you can do a bunch of missions for them and get one that way.

That Punisher is going to get torn apart in nullsec just fyi.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

make sure you're always training stuff, if you didn't buy Omega it's going to take you a few months to train up enough to be useful in fleet battles, and try out the other ways to make money like mining or exploration. You could also always do more NPC missions. The Sisters of Eve ships are super good and you either can spend a billion isk buying one or you can do a bunch of missions for them and get one that way.

That Punisher is going to get torn apart in nullsec just fyi.

I've got Omega going and loosely following the echoes training plan as best I can.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I've got Omega going and loosely following the echoes training plan as best I can.

cool, now it is only going to take you a month :) after you're like 3/4 done with the skills plan in a month you can fly free shitboxes around with the fleets and die immediately (fun)

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Serious answer - go learn how probes work. Scan stuff down, go see what it is, run away or get blown up.

Visit every system in eve. (Make yourself a list).

Just getting a feel for the vastness of eve and how to actually find things will do more for you than staring at Orbit Simulator and red crosses. Some of the most lucrative parts of eve are much much easier to understand once you've got a better sense of how big (and how small) it is.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

This is a skillplan from the goonwiki (not sure how out of date it is but it'll get you started)

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Recommended_Skill_Training_Guide

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Goons have ruled the world in Eve for basically forever. Serious Question: What if they abandoned their K space holdings and became a shadow giant in wormholes?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Goons have ruled the world in Eve for basically forever. Serious Question: What if they abandoned their K space holdings and became a shadow giant in wormholes?

There isn't enough ore in wormholes.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
One of my favourite memories in eve was fishing with supercaps. There was something really weird about them, almost like a stupid decision that somehow made it live. Back pre-2016 rolling around in a super was sort of like you were playing some sort of medieval battle game, and for some dumb reason idiot devs saw fit to allow a few people to poopsock themselves into an m1a1 abrams.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I legit want us to get evicted from delve and stage the entire alliance out of Thera.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

I legit want us to get evicted from delve and stage the entire alliance out of Thera.

I am down for this. It would save on filaments!

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

This is a skillplan from the goonwiki (not sure how out of date it is but it'll get you started)

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Recommended_Skill_Training_Guide

Thanks! I started adding skills to the queue.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Micromancer posted:

I'd have to resub, rejoin and move my poo poo so gently caress that

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I realized I didn't need to be in high sec to contract all my old poo poo to my alt to haul around and sell it. Most of my old garbage was in lonetrek so really easy to haul to Jita and sell, but I have hundreds of millions of isk worth of stuff in Khanid Prime, so woe is me if I wanna haul it all the way to Jita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

wilderthanmild posted:

I realized I didn't need to be in high sec to contract all my old poo poo to my alt to haul around and sell it. Most of my old garbage was in lonetrek so really easy to haul to Jita and sell, but I have hundreds of millions of isk worth of stuff in Khanid Prime, so woe is me if I wanna haul it all the way to Jita.

Sell it in Amarr. It is a big enough hub where stuff will sell there fairly quickly, especially now.