Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

This was in response to taste. But yes. Last time I gemmed and hawed because I was given a big as scum D1 and wanted to take out a townie. My gambit then was a very high risk, but it’s different because I was able to sweep it under the rug as frustration. This is completely different. If you check Cuomo time you can see that I’m very cautious as town. I’m acting the same as Cuomo, not Food. And it baffles me you’d compare the two when I got crap for it all game that game about how I wasn’t acting like I did as town, which uh, I wasn’t. Because I was scum then. This game? I’m town.

*Vig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I don't want to vote SNG because I think he's town, albeit very awkward town. I get the feeling Gaspy is town, but at an almost Krellian level of shitposting. Let me do a quick reread of some stuff.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

tpink posted:

If (when) SNG flips scum, I’m likely voting Bif next.

who will you vote after that?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tpink posted:

If (when) SNG flips scum, I’m likely voting Bif next.

Same

Also SNG no offense but your case on me is so based on tone that you seem to simply dislike. That doesn’t make me scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sng has passed my test

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Same

Also SNG no offense but your case on me is so based on tone that you seem to simply dislike. That doesn’t make me scum.

The tone isn’t the issue, it’s the fact that your responses are stilted to undermine me. Which you wouldn’t feel the need to do unless you were desperate to get rid of me.

And why would you be desperate to get rid of me even as I’m vote leader? Because you’re concerned that as a RB protective PR, I’m a danger, but if you guys NK me it throws your previous statement about me being a NK target into disarray. So scum doesn’t want to run the risk of me making it another night and screwing their plans.

Well I’m sorry, but I wanna win. I urge everyone on the fence to look critically at sandwolf posts D1 and D2.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

who will you vote after that?

I don’t have strong feelings beyond that, and if SNG flips town beyond my wildest expectations, I’ll have to do a lot of rereading and rethinking.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

sandnavyguy posted:

This was in response to taste. But yes. Last time I gemmed and hawed because I was given a big as scum D1 and wanted to take out a townie. My gambit then was a very high risk, but it’s different because I was able to sweep it under the rug as frustration. This is completely different. If you check Cuomo time you can see that I’m very cautious as town. I’m acting the same as Cuomo, not Food. And it baffles me you’d compare the two when I got crap for it all game that game about how I wasn’t acting like I did as town, which uh, I wasn’t. Because I was scum then. This game? I’m town.

You understand how this distinction makes sense to you given that you are differentiating your scum play vs town play, but it doesn’t move the needle for me because I think this is your scum game repeated across the games, right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Make no mistake, SNG, I am desperate to get rid of you. Because we’ve now dragged our feet on lunching you for the equivalent of a real life week. If we don’t lunch you today, guess what, you’ll be put up AGAIN tomorrow because now you’ve dodged the loving noose twice. I think you’re scum, but on the off chance you’re town, you’re still not helping anything. All (not literally all, hyperbolically all, since I have to specify this) you’ve done today is defend yourself, talk about why we shouldn’t lunch you, and bring up meta defenses. If you’re town you have no interest in lunching scum but merely avoiding the noose, which is not helpful.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hmm I should probably do some mafiaing before bedtime. Gonna do a pass on Sandwolf then give SNG one more do-over

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Make no mistake, SNG, I am desperate to get rid of you. Because we’ve now dragged our feet on lunching you for the equivalent of a real life week. If we don’t lunch you today, guess what, you’ll be put up AGAIN tomorrow because now you’ve dodged the loving noose twice. I think you’re scum, but on the off chance you’re town, you’re still not helping anything. All (not literally all, hyperbolically all, since I have to specify this) you’ve done today is defend yourself, talk about why we shouldn’t lunch you, and bring up meta defenses. If you’re town you have no interest in lunching scum but merely avoiding the noose, which is not helpful.

There is an alternative, don’t keep trying to Mislunch me and actually case other people. Something I think everyone should try, because you’re right that it sucks. But it’s not my fault no ones playing to anything else.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

sandnavyguy posted:

There is an alternative, don’t keep trying to Mislunch me and actually case other people. Something I think everyone should try, because you’re right that it sucks. But it’s not my fault no ones playing to anything else.

But I think you're scum. So...you need to die.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I’m not moving my vote off SNG today. It needs to end.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

Fair, but Believe it or not Amni There are multiple scum this game. I’m not one of them, but all them are coasting right on by because of this. I implore you to just try actually helping town this game? Unless you’re scum, in which case keep being scummy please, eventually someone will pick up on it. I hope.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

The fact that this has become a binary choice to multiple people boggles my brain. There are 14 other people right now.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Amnistar posted:

turn on your monitor

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Re: Sandwolf, I'm just gonna type up my thoughts as I go without quoting anything unless something really jumps out as me cause I'm already through most of his D1 and his posting is very solid. Lots of engagement going into deadline with very consistent thought and his frustration at the potential no lynch reads legit. He is basing a lot of his other reads of an assumed SNG flip which I don't think is ever a good way to play but townie do that all the time so whatever.

Ok onto D2. I fear he may have got too locked onto SNG here. There's some major flaws in his argument:

Sandwolf posted:

if you were a town jailer I feel like they’d have been more interested in getting you killed.

Like this, when SNG's jailer claim meant he would likely still be under heavy suspicion today which is a very good reason for scum to leave him alive. Moving on I think he makes good points though about SNG's lack of scum and that's something I'll be looking at when I do SNG next.

Sandwolf posted:

And again, no offense, but if you are Town the scum isn’t gonna NK you.

Ok hang on a minute this goes completely opposite to what you said above. Or did that first quote mean lynch instead of NK? Let me go back and check. Oh wait yeah the context of that quote is talking about the D1 lynch. IGNORE THAT POINT I MADE EARLIER THEN I'M DUMB. Pretty much the rest of his content is focusing hard on SNG. He calls Grid and Hawke scummy but never properly takes time to look at them. Oh and Gaspy. And I'm done. Yeah there's nothing here that screams scum to me at all. I'm saying town that's tunnelling hard. He could maybe stand to devote some time to his other scum reads as well but still town all the same.

Oh and finally:

Sandwolf posted:

You’re not wrong Rarity

Evergreen post

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

turn on your monitor

Boy, I reskimmed your posts and it’s a lot of white noise.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tpink posted:

I was wondering how long it would take for other people to notice this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ugh SNG has 5 pages of posts to get through. Who does that? It's almost as many posts as me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

sandnavyguy posted:

I’ve given all the cases I can, I’m prepared to be mislunched, but I still hope people decide to trust me so we have a chance as town.

you did two posts worth of casing yesterday and everything after that has been you flailing to defend yourself without posting anything else

You Can Do Better Than This

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah this sums up my feelings. I was always swayed earlier by the volume of posts and there have been one or two good ones sprinkled in there but the defense of self::cases on players ratio is so skewed that along with how hard it has been to get SNG over the finish line for two days that this needs to get done.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I cased tpink, Amni, sandwolf, and toal. I feel toal May be misguided town, but I comfortably have the other two as scum.

I’ll put a large effort post shortly complete with lumpen list and my thoughts, once I go on lunch

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

In the event we can't get it done, I would be good with Toalpaz. I don't think the Sandwolf cases are good, I could see Gaspy possibly but I think that the shitposts and snipes are pretty par for the course for him.

People have said they consider taste scummy. In my recent experience with him as scum he was aggressively pushing bad cases and being very vocal about it. I wish he would elaborate on anything he thinks this game, but he doesn't look at the past or whatever he says so I doubt that will happen. I do not think this is his scum game however

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

I cased tpink, Amni, sandwolf, and toal. I feel toal May be misguided town, but I comfortably have the other two as scum.

I’ll put a large effort post shortly complete with lumpen list and my thoughts, once I go on lunch

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes but it’s not like anyone’s gonna bring it up for me. My team are the townies trying to mislunch me.

uh-huh...

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

uh-huh...

Yes Amni, but there are four votes on me. And several seeming townies on the fence. I think toal is town, they are just incorrect in their target. That’s really who I’m thinking of when I stated that. I am not delusional enough to think that the entire scum team would be voting me as a block from basically beginning of D1. So though I may be wrong about one of you three, I’m definitely not wrong about all of you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tpink posted:

Bif, I know you voted SNG. But aside from that, you really didn’t engage with him and the case on him. I find that very strange and inconsistent with how you’re approaching other players. Why the different approach?

It's kind of a self-perpetuating thing, really. I can see why people are voting him but I haven't had to clash with him directly, cause by the time I bothered looking at him he was already one of the main candidates D1 and seeming pretty resigned to it. Now I don't really need to do my usual thing, of getting everyone all riled up to listen to me for fucks sake, look at this bullshit already, they're scum scum scum, cause well, the case is already there.

Actually that's one more good reason to lunch SNG. Sandwolf does raise a good point here:

Sandwolf posted:

Despite other people voicing suspicion of Toal, here I am sitting here all by myself again with just one little vote. I was hoping to revisit Beet today too, see if he started getting all on my case again like he was hinting he would, so I could see if he still seemed scummy about it or not. But he's just got to relax all weekend without anyone really caring except Gaspy. All anyone wants to actually commit to and put more than a couple votes on is SNG. This is sucking the air out of the room worse than any big slapfight.

##vote SNG

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

sandnavyguy posted:

the other two of tpink, amni and sandwolf, yes

I did a reread of today and didn't find anything compelling that wasn't already discussed by myself or someone else.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

All (not literally all, hyperbolically all, since I have to specify this) you’ve done today is

Btw this made me lol for real

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Votecount for Day 2

sandnavyguy (5): Amnistar, Asphyxious, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, tpink, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Asphyxious (2): Scientastic, Rarity
Sandwolf (2): Asphyxious, sandnavyguy
Rarity (1): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, t a s t e, t a s t e
Toalpaz (1): Bifauxnen, Rarity, Bifauxnen, Rarity, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, t a s t e, Bifauxnen
Gridlocked (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
tpink (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
t a s t e (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE

Not Voting (4): Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 2 hours, 46 minutes.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes Amni, but there are four votes on me. And several seeming townies on the fence. I think toal is town, they are just incorrect in their target. That’s really who I’m thinking of when I stated that. I am not delusional enough to think that the entire scum team would be voting me as a block from basically beginning of D1. So though I may be wrong about one of you three, I’m definitely not wrong about all of you.

I find it pretty interesting that your list of "people I've cased" is literally just "people voting for SnG".

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

tpink posted:

This is incorrect, slanderous and a complete mischaracterisation of my posts.

It’s mostly brown noise.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Amnistar posted:

I find it pretty interesting that your list of "people I've cased" is literally just "people voting for SnG".

Well, Amni, give me a moment to get my stuff together. It's not my fault that your scum buddies are doing a good job of lurking or riding the bandwagon

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

It's kind of a self-perpetuating thing, really. I can see why people are voting him but I haven't had to clash with him directly, cause by the time I bothered looking at him he was already one of the main candidates D1 and seeming pretty resigned to it. Now I don't really need to do my usual thing, of getting everyone all riled up to listen to me for fucks sake, look at this bullshit already, they're scum scum scum, cause well, the case is already there.

Actually that's one more good reason to lunch SNG. Sandwolf does raise a good point here:

Despite other people voicing suspicion of Toal, here I am sitting here all by myself again with just one little vote. I was hoping to revisit Beet today too, see if he started getting all on my case again like he was hinting he would, so I could see if he still seemed scummy about it or not. But he's just got to relax all weekend without anyone really caring except Gaspy. All anyone wants to actually commit to and put more than a couple votes on is SNG. This is sucking the air out of the room worse than any big slapfight.

##vote SNG

seriously? you lurk all day hemming and hawing about toal and now jump onto me? We're getting close so maybe Amni pinged you in scumchat, but this vote screams opportunistic.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

sandnavyguy posted:

seriously? you lurk all day hemming and hawing about toal and now jump onto me? We're getting close so maybe Amni pinged you in scumchat, but this vote screams opportunistic.

I’d expect better from Bif tbh

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

It’s not exactly hard to see through scum making awkward posters like grid and sng into patsies

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

hemming and hawing about toal

Lol what

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It’s not exactly hard to see through scum making awkward posters like grid and sng into patsies

Grid, sure. There is a lot around SNG besides just the posting though. Weird defense of him by you

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Grid, sure. There is a lot around SNG besides just the posting though. Weird defense of him by you

If SnG flips town, Hawke is one of the people I'm looking into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

If SnG flips town, Hawke is one of the people I'm looking into.

Because they're not making a case on *who* is the scum that is organizing these mislunches. They're making a broad statement about who is scum while making definitive statements on town alignments of grid/sng.