Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Sydin posted:

Nah if you're lucky you have a bankai that can't be damaged like Byakuya, since apparently the most glaring weakness of any bankai is that if they sustain any physical damage then it can never be repaired*.

*Unless you're Mayuri

Don't forget Komamura!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

that'd be great if Bleach weren't completely obsessed with 1v1 duels to the exclusion of everything else

There were a lot of fights where one group mobbed up and went in on a single guy, problem is it was always the Soul Reapers ganging up and they always got their asses kicked when they did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TheHan posted:

There were a lot of fights where one group mobbed up and went in on a single guy, problem is it was always the Soul Reapers ganging up and they always got their asses kicked when they did it.

I don't know, they wrecked Momo that one time.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
To be fair, that's not a thing exclusive to Bleach. The more ninjas there are in a room, the more unstoppable Bruce Lee becomes, you know.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yo the drat chapter is out https://mangadex.org/chapter/1006392

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dude didn't say a single thing about underpants so a marked improvement already

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Uh...is Sullivan Squire a nazi?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Goddamn that chapter is some classic Kubo story-telling clusterfuck nonsense and I love it.

He even managed to do the thing he did with bleach at the end of the chapter where he suddenly introduced a shitload of characters and my first thought was "yeah there's no way we're going to see enough of these guys to justify their existence in a five chapter run."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yes
Those are Sig runes

Also
Not even 1 chapter until captain squad
Bold move Kubo

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 23, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TheHan posted:

Uh...is Sullivan Squire a nazi?

Literally the same thought I had when I saw the stylized SS in their titlecard.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Kubo making a Nazi to distract us from the fact he named some poor girl Cquntire Milieve.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
BRUNO BANGNYFE

WOLFGANG SLASHNAUT

Four chapters is a nice length because I can just marvel at the character designs and names and not have to worry about things like personalities or development that will never happen.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Regarding Bankai, we've got some clean official art for LN Shuhei.
Gotta appreciate it sticking with the drat theme of "fearing your own weapon" by having it put a noose around your neck.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Pierson posted:

BRUNO BANGNYFE

WOLFGANG SLASHNAUT

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The first chapter was intensely dumb, managed to capture the Kubo trademark insanity and I still can't get over how the two leading heroines are just gender-bent Ichigo and Byakuya with big-rear end honkers.

In other words, I love it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

the two leading heroines are just gender-bent Ichigo and Byakuya with big-rear end honkers.

Not really, though?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Can't un-see it. :shrug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Mods namechange to Tronbone Takkinen please.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

I can see the Byakuya in Noel, but I don't think Ninny's got that much in common with Ichigo other than standard shounen protagonist stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah Noel has the same type of face as Byakuya, but that's about where the similarities end.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yeah she's just Hiyori

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Burn the Witch has the greatest collection of sillyass attempts at "Western" names I've seen or heard of in a manga since whatever that thing was that had a character called Satellizer or something like that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
What I want to know is, do they kiss?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Burn the Witch has the greatest collection of sillyass attempts at "Western" names I've seen or heard of in a manga since whatever that thing was that had a character called Satellizer or something like that.

Literally the manga equivalent of Japanese Devs trying to come up with American baseball player names:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Gologle posted:

What I want to know is, do they kiss?

Has ANYONE in a Tite Kubo joint ever kissed?

Read the first chapter again cause thought I didn't just pay enough attention but turns out it's just a mess. drat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I can see the Byakuya in Noel, but I don't think Ninny's got that much in common with Ichigo other than standard shounen protagonist stuff.

I mean to be fair standard shonen protagonist stuff was kind of the entirety of Ichigo after a while.

Also yeah this chapter did not feel like a full quarter of an entire story.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean to be fair standard shonen protagonist stuff was kind of the entirety of Ichigo after a while.

Also yeah this chapter did not feel like a full quarter of an entire story.

If Kubo wants to do this as an irregular series (i.e. ongoing story arcs, just not as a constantly-ongoing-till-cancellation weekly manga) I'm all for it. Would be good for Jump to experiment with a format like that.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Pfft. If we're going by grave cultural errors that are super serious and very definitely important, the fact that Ninny and Noel are buying their tea from a machine during lunch is a big one. I mean tea machines exist, but not in the Japanese fashion. The only time you'd grab tea from a machine is if you're attending an event or function of some kind, or you're at some other company's office or something, otherwise you just boil a kettle and make your own.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think a genderswapped ichigo would also have big tiddies

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think most women designed by Kubo would have big titties

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Female Byakuya has big breasts, female Ichigo appears to be flat. I see Kubo went all out in diversity. Actually, that's not fair. Rukia was also petite.

Also good to see that Urahara, Santa and Ywach still have work as well.

This looks fun though, I look forward to the next 5 chapters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they didn't get rid of the guy, but he barely seems to matter. he certainly isn't the protagonist, at least.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I think most women designed by Kubo would have big titties

People say this a lot, but it's not really true.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chumbler posted:

Not to same extent as Hiro Mashima at least.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Outside of Orihime all the girls with the huge honkers are grown rear end adults, so :shrug:

Anyway it's weird that people keep calling Spangle female Ichigo when she's literally just Hiyori.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

chumbler posted:

I'm not about to go through the Bleach wiki and compare every girl's breast sizes but the only ones I can think of that aren't comically large are just Rukia, Soi-Fon, and Nanao and probably isn't a coincidence they're the most normal looking women in the series

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

circucci and two of the tres bestia. also momo and mashiro. Yoruichi was big but not absurd when she was introduced.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Kubo’s problem is that he generally draws either no breasts or huge knockers. You can see it in his human friends.
There's no in between.
Yoruichi is closest to in between.

And naming Hiro is cheating. He doesn't draw women, he draws pin up dolls.(That somehow still look more hi and than what Oda craps out)

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

Kubo’s problem is that he generally draws either no breasts or huge knockers. You can see it in his human friends.
There's no in between.
Yoruichi is closest to in between.

Nanao, Nemu, Tatsuki, Unohana... there has to be a ton of women with normal-sized boobs in Bleach.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

As we can see in graph 23b, the breast sizes in bleach follow a normal distribution...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

give us more unohana, kubo. you coward.