Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

:zombie: FOR THE EMPEROR! :zombie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

sandnavyguy posted:

Scum is probably gonna get their wish, and I'm gonna be mislunched and flipped soon, so hopefully this helps.

I'm sorry that I've been the center of attention today, and hopefully you can all breathe and get to make some real cases in the near future, since you were apparently unable to case anyone because of my posting :nallears:

Here are all my reads.

Town:

Gaspy- Organized and methodical, actively scumhunting, on the watch for scumslips and relations between players
Toal- My hardest choice, cause they are voting me, but I believe they are town laboring under the impression the only way forward is to remove me. but as they refuse to case other people yet, im worried they may be scummy as well. so I'm cautiously putting them here.
Taste- Is acting the way they normally do as town. annoyingly.
Epsilon- seems to be even keeled and though the masonry was unconfirmed, I have a gut feeling they are town based on their reactions, and pressure on multiple people for info
Scientastic-Actually making cases other than just riding the coattails of other people, also was critical of me since D1, and realized they could still make other cases too! what a concept.
Hambeet- Acting the way they have in town games before, seems methodical, and is applying multiple pressure fronts.
rarity- Im suspicious of some of their posting, but they seem really upfront, but theres been multiple cases regarding their interactions with gaspy and im left at kind of a loss. so leaning town instead of null.

Null:

Hawke-lurker not enough info
Hal-lurker! not enough info

Scum:

Tpink- see my case on them from before
Amnistar- see my case on them from before, and literally the fact their whole game is based on me apparently.
Sandwolf - see my case from before
Gridlock- Same as D1, even if they arent voting for me they are still scummy as hell. its a travesty no one else has cased them since D1(I would but Id just be parroting rarity from D1)
Bif- Your votes have been very conditional and weak, thats why noone agreed with you, and this opportunistic vote? yeah it moves you down from null vote.

ah the list

I think Bif isn’t a great choice because I really think SNG was just omgusing people.

The assessments of gaspy, Toal, beet and rarity look just plain wrong though so I’m probably starting here.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

ah the list

I think Bif isn’t a great choice because I really think SNG was just omgusing people.

The assessments of gaspy, Toal, beet and rarity look just plain wrong though so I’m probably starting here.

yeah but literally since when did SNG think Bif was scum?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

for example I don’t read beet as scummy but “applying pressure on multiple fronts,” is this from a different game or something?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Bif

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

yeah but literally since when did SNG think Bif was scum?

Since Bif voted him, it’s literally just an omgus.

I will consider Bif further.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah but it just feels so tacked on:

SNG posted:

Bif- Your votes have been very conditional and weak, thats why noone agreed with you, and this opportunistic vote? yeah it moves you down from null vote.

Conditional? when was Bif's vote conditional? 'moves you down from a null vote'? all just feels fabricated nonsense.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Bif

respond to my post :cry:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

I'm reading back to see what Bif thinks of you and it starts off fairly friendly but then she's worried that you're trying to make moves wrt the SNG flip.

She doesn't actually call you scummy though right? I'm her big scum read up until last night afaik. Does this sound right?

there were a couple times I distinctly remember being frustrated by her thinking I'm scum, but it could have just been very implicit, as far as I can tell, you were the ONLY person she thought was scum at all? other than a lot of other words about why she WASN'T currently voting for SNG or whatever

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

respond to my post :cry:

with aplomb, Townpaz

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not just about that. It's that binus bothered to point out an individual post of mine and call it really scummy, instead of settling for his usual "lol", "scum are shook", "lots of scum bussing on this page" vague floating undirected statements which are his trademark. Yet despite having such a strong scum vibe from that specific post of mine, he didn't vote me. Why was he to chicken to vote me? That's a classic scummy behavior regardless of which vote number it is. That was the start of my criticism. "Maybe cause he was avoiding the third vote" is an afterthought.

Maybe it’s because you were scumbuds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's late so I'm gonna save rereading Bif for tomorrow morning but I'll be doing huge lols if my first two real votes on D1 were scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

Gonna ##vote Gaspy for now
Why?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Rank incompetence?

I dunno, it’s pretty hard to look at SNG’s death throes last night and think I’m scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asphyxious posted:

Rank incompetence?

I dunno, it’s pretty hard to look at SNG’s death throes last night and think I’m scum.

not really, you did a LOT to try to push the lunch elsewhere, your entire case on me is predicated on SNG being town, which he wasn't

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

also in a game with 2 NKs no one's killed Bif? yeah right

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
don't really have time to parse or reread anything right now but

Sandwolf posted:

there's validity to this thinking but it can be dangerous - it's absolutely a viable scum tactic to leave an "obvious" kill target unkilled in an effort to get them instead lunched, which can sow some discord among town and lead to votes based on who voted to kill them

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
ugh okay that's shittily worded but I hope you get the spirit of it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Epsilon Plus posted:

ugh okay that's shittily worded but I hope you get the spirit of it

yeah and I already am aware of the dangers with that logic which is why it's not my primary point and I didn't bring it up until two night phases cuz Bif gets NKed as town a lot

I do actually disagree with your other thinking though, I don't think a scum team would leave Bif alive as a dummy, if Bif is town, she's not been NKed for some other reason

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

also E+ I'm becoming very suss of you, you're one half of an unconfirmed masonry pair who doesn't seem fully engaged

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

eh, not very suss, just suss

Bif -> Gaspy/Hawke -> E+

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Sandwolf posted:

Hey this is a good point too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One guy with a maths symbol in his name was scum.

The other guy with a maths symbol in his name must be scum too.

Open and shut imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rarity posted:

One guy with a maths symbol in his name was scum.

The other guy with a maths symbol in his name must be scum too.

Open and shut imo

any opinion on Bif/Hawke/Gaspy/me/Toal? (this is three people I think are scum, me, and Toal who I think is town, before anyone starts WIFOMing this list)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandwolf posted:

any opinion on Bif/Hawke/Gaspy/me/Toal? (this is three people I think are scum, me, and Toal who I think is town, before anyone starts WIFOMing this list)

I have turned my lights off and should be sleeping now so just quickfire reads based off D1/D2

Bif: leaving myself open-minded till I look over her D2 again

Hawke: leaning scum

Gaspy: pretty sure I've made myself clear, considering that he may be our SK

You: pretty strong town read at this point

Toal: v scummy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rarity posted:

Gaspy: pretty sure I've made myself clear, considering that he may be our SK

huh? did you touch on this before? what?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandwolf posted:

huh? did you touch on this before? what?

Well not the SK bit, I was just thinking about it now. The hyper aggressive defensive tone on D2 kinda had the vibe of someone who really didn't want to be lynched but also felt like they didn't have any backup. I dunno, I'll think about this theory tomorrow when I'm more awake.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommu is giving me nothing, can someone please help, how do the chainsaw swords operate

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

Tommu is giving me nothing, can someone please help, how do the chainsaw swords operate

First you have to understand how toughness and strength work..

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Would like to point out the obvious that if I even began to have a night kill rarity would be eleven types of dead right now.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also obvious, don’t let rarity get away with tunnelling on me all day, post flip there’s suddenly going to be a vast stretch of nothing to look back on.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I haven't reread anything but my guy is saying Rarity is scum.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Morning all. Copy paste dump inc

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey hi hello. I wrote this up during N2 after I slept through the hammer, I assume at least one of the people below was killed in the night as per usual Mafia happenings. RIP dead person.

Rarity posted:

Would be real cool if beet, Hal, Grid and Eps could tell us who they want to vote today

It would have been real cool but I kinda slept in like the currently unemployed loser I am and snored right through the deadline. Sorry.

As stated in my previous post I was giving SNG the benefit of the doubt, as I thought that they were being earnest in their “I’m gonna die anyway so cards on the table,” play with their claim. I would like to say as the day drew to a close, I probably would have joined the bandwagon as a number of people had expressed concern about allowing the game to continue with SNG set up in that position. Obviously given that I missed the hammer and didn’t vote for anyone I do accept this statement is going to be taken as a piece of “look at me, I was on your side” hindsight at best. I think my other vote target would have been tpink for their minimal involvement (:ironicat:)

Given the flip on SNG I am 1) feeling really awkward about my suggesting that the benefit of toe doubt be given and 2) feeling a lot better about my faith that Ami and Sandwolf are town and were sticking to their guns the whole way through D2. Some scum defiantly piled in towards the end of SNG’s life as cover, though probably AFTER SNG did the whole list of reads post because I assume that was a last-ditch effort to get people thinking about other targets and maybe swap for the day.

I think Birb is being very suspect at the moment as well. He is taking short sharp shots in at people. Maybe he’s a genius who can see something like Ami playing the super long game as scum and offing sticking the SNG vote early and not shifting in an attempt to hope the vote goes elsewhere or provided themselves with a good alibi? Or maybe he’s just attempting to sow discord because targeting the two people who stuck the hardest to SNG is weird as gently caress to me. I would like to see Bird come out with something more substantial in their posts. :ocelot:

Sci also dragged their feet a lot towards the end of D2 (:ironicat: intensifies). They seem to be happy to shoot suspicion anywhere. First claiming SNG is scummy, then claiming Gaspy is scummy for not voting for SNG, then saying voting for SNG is bad. I would go as far to suggest they maybe scummy.

I think beet is town and is playing an analytical game quietly and effectively. He got onto SNG’s case quite well and provided a solid shutdown. Love you dad.

Taste has been in catjail for like 80% of the game. What they have posted has been lazy garbage. “You replied with a gif, are you scum?” “You passed my SECRET TEST sng.” I’d actually happily vote for taste D3 just to clean house a bit (:ironicat: the 3rd)

Rarity I read your post history for the game (don’t apologise). You’ve been active and engaged the entire game which has been great, and I will say I appreciate you kicking me for being a dour poo poo on D1. However I am starting to get a scummy ping on you. Your defence of SNG’s resigned posting sounds more like your attempting to get people to shift their vote based on sympathy, it was very supportive of his “woe is me” play. I don’t want to say you’re scummy yet because I enjoy your content but I think you went barking up the wrong tree a few times now.

Toal has been hounded by Bif for much of the game. They, similar to Beet in my mind, lined up SNG with some solid hits at the end. They were very against swapping to targeting Gaspy on D2 which in interesting as Bif, being Toal’s main opposition, was also concerned about her Town reads voting for Gaspy.

I have a feeling that Bif is town but their single target focus on Toal, has been odd. She did address this in a question I asked saying that Toal was ignoring the game on D1 and then only appeared to defend against the Bif focused fire, which has deepened her suspicion due to bad faith posts. I will be interested if a Bif or Toal thing happens from night actions that changes this relationship, but for now Bif feels townie with a focus on rooting out the one scum she is certain of.

I’m putting trust in Epsilon Plus as they were in a masonry with now dead Humalong. While it is noted that this is an unconfirmed masonry, I am hoping that that status was more to sow an air of distrust between partners and not a Scum/Town cute team up situation; though given the flavour of the game I wouldn’t put that entirely on the back burner. They did a soft defence on SNG, including suggesting that if SNG is scum it’s a very poor scum play; and only voted for SNG as the hammer which maybe misdirection to keep in with their cover as a “town mason.” The more I type this paragraph the more I am on the fence about E+ actually.

I think Hal is town, they have been quiet but their opinion posts but were accurate about SNG being scummy and voted reasonably well before the hammer, thus being a bit off using it as cover. Hal has covered for me from D1 and for the now in cat jail Taste which is an interesting angle to take, I question if Hal has something to gain for defending people like us who seem unable to defend themselves. I suppose in this case he could have pulled the same defence on SNG, so maybe it is accurate reads.

Finally Gaspy. I want Gaspy to be town. I am worried that the exchange with Rarity is one being onto the other as scum and I am worried it is Gaspy who is the scum and Rarity is attempting to off someone dangerous. Their mysterious and cryptic posting manner leaves much to be desires and honestly while entertaining can be confusing to me at times. I hope that something happens that gives me more faith in Gaspy.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Grid having a scum read on a dead player makes me feel better about Grid

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol honestly same, except I’m 99% sure SK killed Sci because they also thought he was scum

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

My wife threw me a surprise sakura high tea picnic so I won’t be mafia-ing today, my apologies

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I kinda wanna kill rarity today

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

As noted they are my reads from typing poo poo up in N2, not adjusted for death/dismemberment/execution for heresy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

I kinda wanna kill rarity today

Toal whatcha think of Bif/Hawke/Gaspy?