Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
all the nando avs itt are mad that noted bad driver vettel achived more in f1 than their bad spanish driver lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

track day bro! posted:

all the nando avs itt are mad that noted bad driver vettel achived more in f1 than their bad spanish driver lmfao

Vettels only achievement in F1 was signing his Red Bull contract.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the corona quid posted:

Glad Oliveira won. Dude had a really solid championship challenge in Moto2 and was pulling really good results out of that KTM fighting Bagnaia. KTM hosed him around not giving him the factory seat for this year so it’s good to see it hasn’t affected him.

I remember when rookies weren’t allowed on factory bikes and that rule had to be (controversially!) changed for Marc Marquez.

KTM with two wins in three is pretty unreal for MotoGP now too. That means everybody except Aprillia has won a race in 2019 or 2020. Wild.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

ROFLBOT posted:

and Yamaha rapidly becoming the Williams of MotoGP

except without the good engines

Or as it scarily seemed this past weekend at times, ANY front brakes.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Just my own personal opinion but Vinales should’ve been given a race ban for that. I’m pretty sure he knew the brakes were getting substantially worse every lap, staying out was just dangerous.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

the corona quid posted:

Just my own personal opinion but Vinales should’ve been given a race ban for that. I’m pretty sure he knew the brakes were getting substantially worse every lap, staying out was just dangerous.

same, but grosjean, and every race and driver skill instead of brakes

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
What was the best F1 race last season?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

bgreman posted:

Hockenheim

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the corona quid posted:

he definitely knew he admitted it was the brakes and that they were acting iffy before they went entirely. he also used the wrong caliper against brembos warnings.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

bgreman posted:

Spa, Monza

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Austria too.

Last third of Brazil.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Monza owned last year

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:hmmyes:

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
Just watched Hockenheim 2019, holy poo poo! Mercs in the barriers, Vettel P20 to P2, Kvyat on the podium. Too bad Sainz missed the podium.

Monza up next.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

bgreman posted:

Just watched Hockenheim 2019, holy poo poo! Mercs in the barriers, Vettel P20 to P2, Kvyat on the podium. Too bad Sainz missed the podium.

Monza up next.

STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bgreman posted:

brazil by far

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the paradigm shift posted:

he definitely knew he admitted it was the brakes and that they were acting iffy before they went entirely. he also used the wrong caliper against brembos warnings.

He slowed down a lap or two before and it looked like he was going to pull over but decided to keep going....

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Wasn't Austria last year pretty decent?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Are the F1 games any good?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
nothing related to f1 is good

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

net work error posted:

Are the F1 games any good?

yeah just wait for a sale if you aren't interested in the league poo poo. usual codemasters disclaimer applies if you're more a fan of serious sim racing but definitely pretty and fun to play.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the paradigm shift posted:

yeah just wait for a sale if you aren't interested in the league poo poo. usual codemasters disclaimer applies if you're more a fan of serious sim racing but definitely pretty and fun to play.

Actually the dive bombing you see online is very accurately modeled after Verstappen

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i only recommend playing the motogp games if you steal them though milestone is poo poo and I wish polyphonics would revive the team that made tourist trophy so good

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Most of last season was alright except for France

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
france ruled because literally everyone was screaming for them to turn on the sprinklers

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/espressonline/status/1298193390119649280

fake edit: ricoverato means hospitalized, not recovered FYI

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally some good news this year

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Formula 1 2020: Turkey, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi confirmed to conclude season

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Motorsport.com is speculating that the Bahrain 'oval' layout is out, and they might use the endurance layout they tried in 2010 and immediately dropped again for being too boring even for F1.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

jammyozzy posted:

Motorsport.com is speculating that the Bahrain 'oval' layout is out, and they might use the endurance layout they tried in 2010 and immediately dropped again for being too boring even for F1.

They should use this layout if they're not going to use the flat oval. It looks very 1910s style.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
We were chatting about it in discord and that layout is probably way too short. It'd be sub minute laps for sure.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It sort of looks like the old Laguna layout.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

We were chatting about it in discord and that layout is probably way too short. It'd be sub minute laps for sure.

Do you think a modern F1 car could run sub 0:55 at Mosport?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's shorter than the red bull ring which is in the 1:05 range, so probably.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
David Schumacher has been promoted to F3.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

ilmucche posted:

They should use this layout if they're not going to use the flat oval. It looks very 1910s style.

bring f1 to trenton

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Frond posted:

David Schumacher has been promoted to F3.

Michael Schumacher has been promoted to GCS-3

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://mobile.twitter.com/F1JordanGP/status/1298041134225272837

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wasn't that yamaha like the worst f1 engine ever?