Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I think that Bif was on sng a bunch so I'm just going to continue to ignore her for a while. I think that Gaspy is town enough to ignore too, I think a lot of Gaspy's earlier play was just geared towards putting heat on a player who deserved it, SNG.

I think the 'case' against you Gaspy made was insanely bad but I don't see the need to get into the reasons why because I don't want to relitigate it. I also ~feel~ like scum wouldn't push onto gaspy from sng end of day..... or maybe it's a trick? that's wifom i guess.

I think birb is white noise and generally bad, but I am tempered by the fact that SNG a top poster was scum and taste a bottom poster was town. I don't understand a lot of their calls, and despite making calls I don't think they make convincing arguments for any of their cases which is scummy. I can vote birb today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
that being said, I wonder where bif is :thinking:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Toalpaz posted:

that being said, I wonder where bif is :thinking:

Let’s find out ##vote Bif

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Given the 2 consistent NK's are we thinking there is an SK about?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also given the flips from last night being 2 of my scum reads I'm feeling a bit rough.

I agree with Toal that Birb has been sounding a bit white noisy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

there were a couple times I distinctly remember being frustrated by her thinking I'm scum, but it could have just been very implicit, as far as I can tell, you were the ONLY person she thought was scum at all? other than a lot of other words about why she WASN'T currently voting for SNG or whatever

I don't know, I might've had some very brief wishy-washy feelings about beet but it's so vague and hard to remember

Sandwolf posted:

also in a game with 2 NKs no one's killed Bif? yeah right

As much as I appreciate you plugging my myth that I am such a threat to scum by my mere existence that I can never be allowed to live, I'll have you know that in Shine IV my best town game ever I still lived to endgame, also this:

Epsilon Plus posted:

there's validity to this thinking but it can be dangerous - it's absolutely a viable scum tactic to leave an "obvious" kill target unkilled in an effort to get them instead lunched, which can sow some discord among town and lead to votes based on who voted to kill them

Working on the Grid effortpost now, huh looks like Grid totally forgot about the Beetfight too I must have given him WAY too much space

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Sandwolf posted:

also E+ I'm becoming very suss of you, you're one half of an unconfirmed masonry pair who doesn't seem fully engaged

busy weekend plus work today, sorry hoss

also I miss my mason bud, mafia is always more fun with a partner

Asphyxious posted:

My wife threw me a surprise sakura high tea picnic so I won’t be mafia-ing today, my apologies

something something wife axioms

Gridlocked posted:

Given the 2 consistent NK's are we thinking there is an SK about?

it would surprise me if there wasn't an SK, a setup with a bunch of extraneous nightkills not tied to a single role would be weird. the only game I haven't played that falls in that category, scum was a team of 2 who could each kill every night and I doubt something like that is happening here

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Grid having a scum read on a dead player makes me feel better about Grid

Lol yeah Grid is supertown

As for where I am I'm at work finally snarfing down a quick lunch at 1:30 and gotta get right back to it to catch up after my sick day yesterday but I can't drink any coffee uggghhh

Still suss on Toal, still think they could've just been bussing SNG, want to revisit Beet today and maybe Amni, prolly should start looking at Birb again some more too

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amni? What?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Like, don’t get me wrong, I do not want to think about Amni as confirmed town. In fact, while he was right about SNG he has been sort of low key compared to how he usually is and he hasn’t seemed to really case anyone beyond pointing out the obvious scum SNG

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Would like to point out the obvious that if I even began to have a night kill rarity would be eleven types of dead right now.

Oh hi boring WIFOM defence, how ya doing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grid having a scum read on a dead player makes me feel better about Grid

I have absolutely seen scum players do this in the past. MMM and merk both pulled it off back in the day (MMM got away with it/merk didn't)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

I think that Bif was on sng a bunch

This is the opposite of what the people voting her are saying :thunkher:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I definitely want to reread Amni; it's statistically unlikely that my intuition on him D1 was right now that we have two scum flipped, but it's probably worth re-reading at this point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Amni? What?

I mean if you disagree that's one thing but why are you acting like it's outta nowhere? Our dearly departed Sci made a real big effortcase about him too.

SNG really did melt your brain, you can't remember anyone else ever being considered D1 and D2. I need to go back and look if you could be on the hard bus or what

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rarity posted:

I have absolutely seen scum players do this in the past. MMM and merk both pulled it off back in the day (MMM got away with it/merk didn't)

Are you crediting me with seasoned mafia player skills here?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
While we're on this talk of revisits: I'm on Gaspy as town and he is magically sleuthing out the scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gridlocked posted:

he is magically sleuthing out the scum.

Why do you say this when Gaspy had moved from SNG to Sandwolf by the end of D2 and didn't mention Bminus at all D1?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I reread what Vif wrote about SNG and I feel better? ##unvote

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rarity posted:

Why do you say this when Gaspy had moved from SNG to Sandwolf by the end of D2 and didn't mention Bminus at all D1?

A valid call. So between you and him which one of you is the scum, because I swear you're attempting to keep each other in check.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

what’s more suss is rarity making a thing about rereading pages of SNG and not landing with them voting SNG

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gridlocked posted:

A valid call. So between you and him which one of you is the scum

Well my role DM said I'm town so it must be the guy who refused to make D1 content, put easily proven lies in his cases, gets major aggro at anyone who questions him, was unable to counter any argument against him with facts, did a hard swing off SNG at the end of D2 and opened D3 asking town to ignore any further cases against him.

Now I wonder who could that be :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

what’s more suss is rarity making a thing about rereading pages of SNG and not landing with them voting SNG

I could tell town had the votes to get SNG out without me and even after the reread I still wanted to lynch Gaspy more

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Major aggro?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Rarity posted:

Well my role DM said I'm town so it must be the guy who refused to make D1 content, put easily proven lies in his cases, gets major aggro at anyone who questions him, was unable to counter any argument against him with facts, did a hard swing off SNG at the end of D2 and opened D3 asking town to ignore any further cases against him.

Now I wonder who could that be :thunkher:

I feel seen :unsmith:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just calm down gaspy

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey birb i like how much more engaged you are today. it's at least a 50% improvement.

any reason for this sudden burst in motivation?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

hey birb i like how much more engaged you are today. it's at least a 50% improvement.

Getting lonely in scumdoc

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

I could tell town had the votes to get SNG out without me and even after the reread I still wanted to lynch Gaspy more

yeah i still think it's kinda crap. a late swing onto gaspy nearly derailed it and you parking your vote there helped make him look like a viable alternative.

the interesting thing here is where were the scum voting? i doubt they were all in on sng early, and i'm sure they'd like to have avoided losing a second team mate so early. a no lynch would have been good for them too if both people up for lunch were scum, so tying the vote would have been a good strat for them too

so with that i'm starting today's efforts by looking at those left alive who didn't vote SNG or were the last few onto SNG : gaspy, rarity, epsilon plus, hal & amni.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

calm down!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Maybe if you were more chatty...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no but seriously that was :thejoke:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hambeet posted:

yeah i still think it's kinda crap

Don't blame you, I get how it looks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also clearing grid based on a post that cased a dead player, lol. that looks more suss to me than less. like, who would make a huge post during night phase and not take the time to check the flip before posting it. that's way more suspect imo

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

hambeet posted:

guilt

Asphyxious posted:

lol

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

also clearing grid based on a post that cased a dead player, lol. that looks more suss to me than less. like, who would make a huge post during night phase and not take the time to check the flip before posting it. that's way more suspect imo

I do what I want dad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

hmmmm back on this point that birb raised, to restate what he said in a slightly different way, you made huge deal about your re-read of sng and ended up without making an alignment call on him. here's your summary post after the re-read:

Rarity posted:

Ok having now gone through all of that my take on SNG is that there's definitely some things I don't like but there's also a fair amount of crap in the cases on him and I think the rest of it is based on SNG's inexperience and poor writing style. I get the impression we're not in danger of no lynching tonight so I'm keeping my vote on Gaspy as he is my strongest scum read and I'd like him to remain a viable alternative for the day. I'm off to bed, goodnight folks.

Oh, and I'm sorry to anyone who ends up having to read my entire post history during this game :negative:

you're actually not making a clear read on sng at all here.

i had to read it a few times to try to work out what you really felt about sng. and the more i read it the more it seemed to be leaning towards not finding sng that scummy after your big re-read.

quote:

there's definitely some things I don't like but there's also a fair amount of crap in the cases on him and I think the rest of it is based on SNG's inexperience and poor writing style.

you've broken that into three parts. to paraphrase: "some bad stuff, a fair amount of crap in cases against him and the rest is their inexperience". so two thirds of your comments there seem to be in sngs favour.

so when birb commented earlier about you re-reading sng but not voting him, in your response you've again gone without commenting on what you thought sngs alignment was, you only commented on whether you thought the vote was attainable or not as if that answers the question as to what you thought of sng. it doesn't.

i find that a bit self-conscious and definitely suspect.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gridlocked posted:

I do what I want dad.

well do what you want, better

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i should have bookmarked that touchdown gif from the other game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wasn't convinced SNG was scum but there was enough there that I woulda voted him to avoid a no lynch, however as said previously I didn't think that was a risk so I left my vote on Gaspy. Sorry for not making that clear yesterday.