Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

It was always hard for me to take cascadebeta seriously because I watched them have a meltdown about being told they were wrong about something in tekken in a goon discord and they used the exact same tone during the troubles lol

ahahaha imagine being this miserable 24/7

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Thread making me incredibly uncomfortable with the way Comfy Fleece Sweater and Kuato interacted. Could they....could they be the same person???

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

Remember third week January? lol

I do, now.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

ArfJason posted:

oh, i dont have to imagine

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

christmas boots posted:

Weren’t there some people on KF who tried to stir up trouble by saying they were FYAD user so-and-so and those posts were used as evidence that FYAD users posted on KF?

Yes. And iirc KF is on some fancy "modern" forum software like Xenforo where you can change your username if you'd like, like on Discord or Twitter. There were a few posters who said they were combing the thread for proof of links to FYAD and KF, but really nothing sounds like it'd be more poisonous to your mental well-being than reading hundreds of pages of bitter psychos alternating between conspiracy crafting stuff they barely understand and deliberately posting in a way to troll anyone lurking the thread.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 25, 2020

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The Kins posted:

did they make a list of people who can do a rolling death cradle

Nah it wasn't even funny, just some poo poo about how overpowered Akuma was or something lame

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

:eyepop:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

ArfJason posted:

yeah i hope they like, log off and find peace, its real unhealthy poo poo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
even if barney is a slur, it would only be because cascadebeta said it was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Doesn't help that some anonymous people bought CascadeBeta a series of grossly transphobic redtext avatars based around 'Barney'.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

even if barney is a slur, it would only be because cascadebeta said it was.

that is power

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Doesn't help that some anonymous people bought CascadeBeta a series of grossly transphobic redtext avatars based around 'Barney'.
Probably the same people that were making rape threats to KM, causing her to autoban.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also I am/was a complete loving idiot for taking Lowtax's drunken stupor side of FYAD being the next incarnation of the third reich and the resulting vice article and also being skeptical about the KM scam stuff coming up a lot in QCS by them and time has shone the light of truth on such matters and I am sorry for being a shitbitch dingdong fucko moron.

I'm basically Dan Ryckert thinking that hats in MTV shows were blurred because the people wearing them smoke weed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd4XLjmqxVc

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

that is power

say what you will about cascadebeta, they were hella powerful

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think honey trap queen was just saying idris Elba should play worf as a send-up to suggest KM should be tapped for k'ehleyr

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Boner Machine posted:

unfortunately he doesn't like the same star trek shows as i do which means i have no choice but to call him my enemy

Let our eternal struggle begin.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Crocoswine posted:

It was always hard for me to take cascadebeta seriously because I watched them have a meltdown about being told they were wrong about something in tekken in a goon discord and they used the exact same tone during the troubles lol

lmao

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
glory to you... and your house of cards

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i always thought it was hypocritical that the anti-fyad crew said the problem with fyad was that it was host to racial slurs and trans/homophobic language, regardless of intent. but there was a thread in tgrs at the time specifically for posting examples of people offsite being explicitly racist or homo/transphobic. just something i never brought up in the past but feel comfortable whining about now

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The KM donations thing reminded me, who was the goon who was supposed to be working on the code of the forums but asked for donations to buy drugs and then disappeared?

Or did I imagine that?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's almost as if 100% anonymous av buying is really loving stupid or something

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The KM donations thing reminded me, who was the goon who was supposed to be working on the code of the forums but asked for donations to buy drugs and then disappeared?

Or did I imagine that?

lowtax wrote like 3 different versions of events about zdr and some money he lent him so i wouldnt trust that narrative lol

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Maybe Jeffery will fix the title system to require an account to buy them, so that they could at least somewhat be tracked.

Assuming Jeffery ever actually buys the forum.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Or did I imagine that?

Wasn't that ZDR?
Edit: Arf is right, it was mostly lowtax saying that so the information is really unreliable

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ghost Leviathan posted:

American McGay posted:

Probably the same people that were making rape threats to KM, causing her to autoban.

So I'm just going to say it because the thought crossed my mind even though I ultimately don't think it's the case and it's a pretty gross accusation to make at the end of the day but given that we don't know anything about the latter other than what KM claims to have received and given the anonymous nature of avatar purchasing... well is it at all possible that maybe they didn't actually happen?

I mean people are pretty gross so gun to my head I'd err on believing it still, but am I crazy to be skeptical?

E: I'm questioning the latest round specifically. I don't doubt that she almost certainly received threats like that at some point

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don't bother with that

This is funny enough you don't have to scrape or go wide

Stay focused

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Don't bother with that

This is funny enough you don't have to scrape or go wide

Stay focused

Yeah, ok. That's fair. It's all moot at this point anyway

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Or did I imagine that?

That was zdr and lowtax framed that as zdr being a heroin addict or some poo poo. But who knows what the actual real story is, everything lowtax has ever claimed is questionable at best now

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Syenite posted:

Maybe Jeffery will fix the title system to require an account to buy them, so that they could at least somewhat be tracked.

Assuming Jeffery ever actually buys the forum.

I wonder if there's some way to repurpose whatever code is used to keep track of who uploaded a FYAD flag and apply that to SA avatars?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ArfJason posted:

lowtax wrote like 3 different versions of events about zdr and some money he lent him so i wouldnt trust that narrative lol

Ah, OK. I remember the asking-for-donations thread (and they didn't pretend the money was going to anyone else, so not like KM in that regard) and then them disappearing. Didn't remember who it was or that it was Lowtax who posted about it.

SomedoodIV
Feb 28, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Or did I imagine that?

Hot take: ZDR was lowtax's Honey Trap Queen and the donations were used to buy more hornet cookies

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

christmas boots posted:

So I'm just going to say it because the thought crossed my mind even though I ultimately don't think it's the case and it's a pretty gross accusation to make at the end of the day but given that we don't know anything about the latter other than what KM claims to have received and given the anonymous nature of avatar purchasing... well is it at all possible that maybe they didn't actually happen?

I mean people are pretty gross so gun to my head I'd err on believing it still, but am I crazy to be skeptical?

i mean, it is a possibility, if you want to believe the absolute worst of people. I dont think its self inflicted, but thats the thing, there is literally no way of knowing because the people who made this website were albert einstein style geniuses

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

scary ghost dog posted:

i always thought it was hypocritical that the anti-fyad crew said the problem with fyad was that it was host to racial slurs and trans/homophobic language, regardless of intent. but there was a thread in tgrs at the time specifically for posting examples of people offsite being explicitly racist or homo/transphobic. just something i never brought up in the past but feel comfortable whining about now

There is a slight difference between commiserating about awful people saying awful things, and actually posting slurs as a primary source.

christmas boots posted:

E: I'm questioning the latest round specifically. I don't doubt that she almost certainly received threats like that at some point

I think in the end being skeptical of that specific thing is both gross and completely unnecessary, considering there is much funnier poo poo to make fun of that is both proven and not gross.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SomedoodIV posted:

Hot take: KM was lowtax's Honey Trap Queen and the donations were used to buy more hornet cookies

SomedoodIV
Feb 28, 2013

I just noticed I typed hornet and loving dieing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider