Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Bifauxnen posted:

What "all that talk" you mean like, the one brief post I just made just now

Bif please, I'm not going to get into semantics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Bifauxnen posted:

drat ok I think I can actually see the case on Gaspy now

drat ok I think I can actually see the case on Rarity now

Buuuuut, neither of em are in the lead or nothing:

What’s up with this?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Still think Bif is scum here. She was seemingly scumhunting a bit on D1, then totally avoided talking about SNG D2, and now on D3 she is talking primarily in a way to keep herself alive.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bif's insistence to return to and rest on Toal is a bad look too, imo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Amnistar posted:

Day 2: Comes out of the gate beleiving SNG's claim.

Then they think both Gaspy and SNG are town as we near deadline, but throw a vote on Gaspy instead of SNG, only swapping over at the last second to hammer SNG.

iirc there were like five minutes to deadline, birb was voting you for some reason and I didn't think there would be a hammer. I was really surprised to see SNG flip scum, I just didn't want to risk a no-lunch where we had to rehash the same arguments again the next day (since, let's face it, scum would not have killed SNG in the night).

also I like how you claim I thought gaspy was town when shortly after posting that I'm leaning town on them I come back with this:

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm also now remembering Krell purposefully throwing a game as town, and while I don't think Gaspy is an rear end in a top hat like that I did a quick reread of just Gaspy's posts and I'm seeing someone who's reluctant to post their actual feelings and is doing a lot of snarky horseshit

##vote Gaspy for not giving me the loving maxims

gaspy's reluctance to actually discuss anything doesn't feel very town to me!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

tpink posted:

Skimming through some other players' post histories to see if that prompts any thoughts, and this was a weird sequence from Epsilon (these two posts were like 15 minutes apart too).

in the same vein, this post is super lazy - I ask what the case on DGK is, get no actual response, and then flop a vote on DGK because I believed SNG was town and deadline was in 45 minutes and I had work to attend to. They were the two vote leaders at the time and voting for anyone other than those two would be non-productive.

(and before anyone jumps on me for only responding to posts involving me, this involves less work on my part and I'm trying to catch up between meetings)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Epsilon Plus posted:

in the same vein, this post is super lazy - I ask what the case on DGK is, get no actual response, and then flop a vote on DGK because I believed SNG was town and deadline was in 45 minutes and I had work to attend to. They were the two vote leaders at the time and voting for anyone other than those two would be non-productive.

(and before anyone jumps on me for only responding to posts involving me, this involves less work on my part and I'm trying to catch up between meetings)

How is it a "super lazy" post to point out that your thinking on DGK seemed to switch within 15 minutes without - as you point out - any real responses in between? I mean, what you are saying now is not an unreasonable response, but let's not pretend that it was unreasonable for me to ask what prompted that shift, since you didn't explain it initially.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Don’t think I’ll vote tpink today either, even though his appearance and defending of himself looked scummy, but their interactions with SNG over days felt sincere and not a bus.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok reading Eps now. Again gonna focus on interactions with Binus and SNG unless anything else really jumps out at me.

Epsilon Plus posted:

who the hell actually believes "third vote scum" nowadays, and more over, wouldn't that number really depend on the number of players in the game?

Eps makes the same point towards Bif as I did about her 'third vote scum' theory but in doing so is he also defending binus. I could either way on this, seeing Bif's flip would say a lot here I think.

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway, E+ have you got any response to my thoughts on binus

Epsilon Plus posted:

I just didn't feel like discussing it; I didn't want to get into it because it was honestly just me wanting to go off about dumb poo poo, not explicitly tied to your vote. I didn't really think when I posted it, which means I didn't really have any thoughts it was based on and it wasn't really swaying my opinion one way or another.

Eps uses a lot of words here to avoid giving any further read on binus

Epsilon Plus posted:

"clearly scummy" to you isn't universally scummy to everyone. I think SNG is just an awkward poster. I have reread the posts in question, including feeding them through scumhunter.py, and they're 94.29% (+/- 1.23 points of scumhunter error) town. Posting "I think SNG is town" doesn't do much to move the game forward, because we don't vote for towniest poster, we vote for the scummiest one.

Strong defence for SNG here

Epsilon Plus posted:

6 hours before deadline is a bad time to be pushing jokes; I realize that it's D1 but we could have at least a shred of a case on someone by now, even if it's lovely?

Epsilon Plus posted:

rarity I'm referring to DGK

With deadline looming Eps puts the lack of cases on both DGK and SNG on blast. There was definitely gently caress all behind the DGK votes at that point but the people voting SNG had provided cases and once he posts again he only develops the DGK front of his argument and drops SNG completely.

Epsilon Plus posted:

whoops! just got in the habit of doing that, ##vote SNG

However he does commit to SNG before deadline until he claims

Epsilon Plus posted:

Does that make him town though? Scum jailer is a possibility, albeit kind of weird

This post is kind of weird. Scum jailer is way more common than town jailer.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm not 100% sure I believe SNG but I'm willing to buy it for now.

More defence for SNG

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hum had some thoughts relating to SNG's claim, I didn't 100% believe him because the masonry was unconfirmed but I believed him enough to not vote SNG.

Rarity posted:

Well now that he's flipped town do you feel like sharing?

Epsilon Plus posted:

No, SNG claiming to have jailed Hum who died anyway tanked the theory, it would just be distracting at this point. Also, it may actually help scum more than town ATM to discuss it.

I don't like how he uses the excuse Hum having ~*mysterious theories*~ too dangerous to talk about as a basis for clearing SNG. Eps, now that SNG has also flipped do you feel like sharing?

There's more defence of SNG but other people have already quoted it so I'm not gonna bother.

Epsilon Plus posted:

gently caress it ##vote SNG, that's hammer

And he comes into hammer SNG. If he'd let town no lynch he'd be getting heat today anyway so this is a null tell to me.

I do see a bit of a case here for Eps. The connections aren't as strong as Bif's are but there's a bit of something there. I'm watching you closely, Eps.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Bifauxnen (3): tpink, Sandwolf, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Rarity
Rarity (2): Amnistar, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (1): Bifauxnen
Asphyxious (0): Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (6): Asphyxious, Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, SHALASHASKA HAWKE

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 27th, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Still think Bif is scum here. She was seemingly scumhunting a bit on D1, then totally avoided talking about SNG D2, and now on D3 she is talking primarily in a way to keep herself alive.

Nah I'll let you know when I'm ready to "try to keep myself alive" thanks

Sandwolf posted:

Bif's insistence to return to and rest on Toal is a bad look too, imo

This is an interesting way to not answer my question to you about someone who's not Toal

Bifauxnen posted:

I'd probably have been casing tpink too by now except... SNG's real long push on them all day yesterday seems kind of ridiculous to think of as a bus, and I don't think it looks good for Amni to be trying to turn things in tpink's direction today.

Do you still think "Amni, what?" Sandwolf?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

What’s up with this?

To clarify, I can see now how some people might be able to realistically see Gaspy or Rarity as scum now. Still don't agree on Rarity. Gaspy is more of a possibility, he did not do well on the SNG vote and him saying he's real sure me and Beet are both town has been downright uncanny.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

him saying he's real sure me and Beet are both town has been downright uncanny.

why?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

I'd probably have been casing tpink too by now except... SNG's real long push on them all day yesterday seems kind of ridiculous to think of as a bus, and I don't think it looks good for Amni to be trying to turn things in tpink's direction today.

Do you still think "Amni, what?" Sandwolf?

Like I said I don't want to think of Amni as confirmed town, and I agree tpink is not the right direction today.

I still think you or Gaspy are better choices today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

We 3 specifically have a long history of all clashing with each other or at the very least, living in intense paranoia if we got nothing solid on each other yet. Although fair enough you wouldn't know it in this game cause me and Beet have been so chill this game barely talking to each other at all

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

What are the chances of scum having a role cop to find the SK folks?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

What are the chances of scum having a role cop to find the SK folks?

2 in 7

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:siren: your expertise is needed rarity :siren:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

To clarify, I can see now how some people might be able to realistically see Gaspy or Rarity as scum now. Still don't agree on Rarity. Gaspy is more of a possibility, he did not do well on the SNG vote and him saying he's real sure me and Beet are both town has been downright uncanny.

Do you feel like rarity did better on the SNG vote? Because she did a lot of work rereading SNG only to vote gaspy at the end.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

We 3 specifically have a long history of all clashing with each other or at the very least, living in intense paranoia if we got nothing solid on each other yet. Although fair enough you wouldn't know it in this game cause me and Beet have been so chill this game barely talking to each other at all

Do you have a strong town read on sandwolf now? Do you have any other strong reads from D2?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you feel like rarity did better on the SNG vote? Because she did a lot of work rereading SNG only to vote gaspy at the end.

No I don't think she did better there, but I still think her actually being scum is unlikely since her effort game has been solid and consistent since day one. I haven't played with her before so maybe she's just like this every game, but I definitely read it as townie here. Her case on me draws a wrong conclusion but I don't think she's being unreasonable to see it that way, compared to some of the bullshit I usually get.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

:siren: your expertise is needed rarity :siren:

Bif's already in the scumdoc so we can just ask her to tell us

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t think I’ll vote tpink today either, even though his appearance and defending of himself looked scummy, but their interactions with SNG over days felt sincere and not a bus.

I tend to agree with this, SNG's big push to save himself seemed to be to case tpink even though his vote was on gaspy late, and as you said tpinks interactions with SNG do not read like a bus at all.

I think it is pretty likely that SNG's late day lumpen list would have a scumbuddy on it, but of course he chose to list 5 people as scummy (tpink/amni/sandwolf/gridlocked/bif). Had he even mentioned suspicion of bif before that post? That's something I need to look back on too. I really don't think tpink/sand/grid are scum. Amni IS the type that might bus a teammate who was playing badly, and he held back from really any other reads the first two days. Pushing tpink now is also sort of the "easy" case so he might be someone I need to look harder at.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Do you have a strong town read on sandwolf now? Do you have any other strong reads from D2?

Not a strong read, he's sitting in the shame box rn until I can get around to looking him over again to see if it's actually plausible at all for him to have been bussing SNG. Last night I was definitely thinking he was likely town after all the noise he made, but his points today feel stretched and have been bugging me as a pretty lazy reason to push on me. Like if he wants to case me, Rarity managed to do ok without it sounding like she was just framing me up, he could take some lessons there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Bif's already in the scumdoc so we can just ask her to tell us

If I was that wouldn't be probability!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

No I don't think she did better there, but I still think her actually being scum is unlikely since her effort game has been solid and consistent since day one. I haven't played with her before so maybe she's just like this every game, but I definitely read it as townie here. Her case on me draws a wrong conclusion but I don't think she's being unreasonable to see it that way, compared to some of the bullshit I usually get.

Mmmmm yeah that was the same conclusion I came to at first so I don't disagree. Again though I think if there is an SK she would be a strong candidate because she is playing a loud game that isn't interested in finding scum, just being vocal and making sure suspicion is spread around as much as possible. Does that even make sense?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Not a strong read, he's sitting in the shame box rn until I can get around to looking him over again to see if it's actually plausible at all for him to have been bussing SNG. Last night I was definitely thinking he was likely town after all the noise he made, but his points today feel stretched and have been bugging me as a pretty lazy reason to push on me. Like if he wants to case me, Rarity managed to do ok without it sounding like she was just framing me up, he could take some lessons there.

Okay, so you don't have a strong read of him. But you visited him last night. Why? I'm town tracker.

Night one I followed Sci going nowhere, and N2 I followed Bif to Sandwolf.

Town Doc would have claimed a town read. Town Cop would have claimed a scum or town read.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:siren: SHOTS FIRED :siren:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

At the start of day I had come to the conclusion that Bif was probably a town power role, but her interactions with Sandwolf still felt a lil hostile to me.

I tried to hint that I knew she visited sandwolf, but I don't think she reacted appropriately. I can't really sit on this information given your read of sandwolf seems contradictory to the possible town visitation usages.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Do you mean after D2? I feel more suspicious of Amni from how he was stuffing around near the end of day, and from Sci being NKed after being the main voice making a big case on Amni. It surprised me since I didn't expect Sci to be targeted last night. I was thinking how even though I had a strong townread on him personally for his strong effort, just like Rarity, I thought there were enough people making noise otherwise that he could be kept around as a possible lunch target.

I spent some time thinking about that, and thought Sandwolf might be a more likely target after his big townie points for hammering SNG home, because I had to pick someone to WATCH instead of doc dumbass

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bif, what was your N1 result? And did anyone else visit Sandwolf?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I spent some time thinking about that, and thought Sandwolf might be a more likely target after his big townie points for hammering SNG home, because I had to pick someone to WATCH instead of doc dumbass

What was your N1 target?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

What was your N1 target?

None. I'm only an even-night watcher so it kinda sucks

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh and no one else was on Sandwolf no

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

None. I'm only an even-night watcher so it kinda sucks

Lol no loving way

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You expect me to believe someone made a game with an every-night tracker and an even-night watcher? No loving way

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

For all that talk about buddying up you're the one that got awfully close to sandwolf yesterday I feel.

Hey, I gave you a big hint. That's unfair. Anyways, we're both fairly minor roles if you aren't lying so it's all good. :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

You expect me to believe someone made a game with an every-night tracker and an even-night watcher? No loving way

Toal hasn't mentioned that either way I don't think? Which they prolly shouldn't if it's legit

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I suppose there's a chance that Toal is scum pulling a gambit but that would be an insanely lucky guess for them to have worked out Bif visited Sandwolf correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Toal hasn't mentioned that either way I don't think? Which they prolly shouldn't if it's legit

Toalpaz posted:

Night one I followed Sci going nowhere, and N2 I followed Bif to Sandwolf.