Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Aphrodite posted:

It's part of his job and he knows it.

:emptyquote:

Emphasis on the 'he knows it' part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's part of his job and he knows it.

At this point, Torts knows the math and knowingly made a decision to donate 25k to charity to not deal with reporters, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The full NHL release mentions "The fine is the collection of a conditional fine assessed Jan. 1, 2020."

So yeah, probably.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Dzus posted:

I don't hate this trade, I liked it a lot more when I thought the Pens got Liljegren instead of Lindgren though.

https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1298294072101273602?s=09

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

max domi removed "MTL" from his twitter and IG profile

:trumppop:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Maybe Domi needs a change of scenery. Every year or two.

Say hello to the next Lee Stempniak.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
When Boston had the 3 picks in a row in 2015, who were the 3 guys that people wanted them to pick?

I ask, because the next 3 picks of Connor, Barzal, and Chabot makes their picks look bad. I remember it being panned at the time, too.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Twin Cinema posted:

When Boston had the 3 picks in a row in 2015, who were the 3 guys that people wanted them to pick?

I ask, because the next 3 picks of Connor, Barzal, and Chabot makes their picks look bad. I remember it being panned at the time, too.

I forget the famous tweet, but two of them were Connor and Barzal

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Twin Cinema posted:

Barzal, Connor and Kylington

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

max domi removed "MTL" from his twitter and IG profile

:trumppop:

Gaudreau did that a few years ago too and caused a similar hullabaloo. Unsurprisingly, it meant nothing like when a guy likes a tweet about some team when he's about to be a free agent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Debrusk is better than Kylington but otherwise yep pretty much.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

ThinkTank posted:

Gaudreau did that a few years ago too and caused a similar hullabaloo. Unsurprisingly, it meant nothing like when a guy likes a tweet about some team when he's about to be a free agent.

Yeah I think Gaudreau rebranded around his Johnny Hockey thing?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Twin Cinema posted:

especially when they picked:
Jakub Zboril (only played 2 NHL games, spent most of his time 50 miles west in Providence)
Jake DeBrusk (okay, he's settled into being a 40-point per year scorer but still)
Zach Senyshyn (who hasn't even really done well for the P-Bruins)

they whiffed and whiffed hard, especially considering Barzal, Eriksson Ek, Connor, Chabot, Boeser, Konecny, Roslovic, and Beauvillier were all picked after them

e: you could even say that their three R2 picks (Lauzon, Carlo, Forsbacka Karlsson) were better than their R1 picks, and that's even with JFK going back to Sweden

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 25, 2020

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
thinking about the current bruins also having boeser, barzal and connor or chabot gives me nightmares

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For most of last year Brandon Carlo was the #1 shot suppressor in the entire league.

For both sides.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Kapanen trade seems like it's trying to be a reboot of the Kessel trade (skilled forward, a 1st, and some throw-ins exchanged both ways) which, coincidentally enough, included Kapanen.

How many retreads have the Pens brought in in the last few years? Sheary, Cullen, Kapanen, and they tried to get Hagelin back but weren't allowed.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's not a similar move but still lolling at the Blackhawks bringing back Saad at the expense of Panarin

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/Logancouture/status/1298587388499972096?s=20

Imagine a Canadian public figure in 2020 going ‘voted trump, so what’ and expecting a positive response

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

:lol: I love it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rich men with sub-highschool educations tend to have terrible opinions/views of the world. That's the GOP bread and butter right there.

That said, now that he's exposed himself (without even scoring 4 goals) may the sharks never win while employing his dumb rear end

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yeah I'm not surprised. He can't even vote, he's a Canadian citizen. So maybe talking to a bunch of Canadians about how great Trump is comes with a very particular connotation? Idk man read the room.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I also just don't believe him.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Very In A Hipster Coffee Shop energy there

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Very In A Hipster Coffee Shop energy there

https://twitter.com/Logancouture/status/1298606619375403008?s=19

Shocking

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

if he had an enforcer with him this wouldn't have happened

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah I'm not surprised. He can't even vote, he's a Canadian citizen. So maybe talking to a bunch of Canadians about how great Trump is comes with a very particular connotation? Idk man read the room.

Whatever your political leaning, if you're not American Trump has only done harm to you.

And of course if you are he probably has too but Couture might be rich enough to have seen some pros.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Chad Sexington posted:

I also just don't believe him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah that didn't happen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah there’s no way a guy as recognizable as Couture gets punched in public in Toronto and it’s not all over Twitter within a minute.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Imagine being a multi-millionaire with a platform that can reach thousands, spending most your time in two major metropolitan areas with an unlimited amount of things you see, do, experience and you spend you time on Twitter whining about how repressed you are.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
lol

I mentioned voting for Trump (who I am ineligible to vote for) and my father was a cop and I was saluting the troops and I was holding a bald eagle and I was reading Triggered while watching OAN and all of a sudden some Globalists came out of nowhere and punched me in the face. No I don't have any photos of the bruise, why do you ask?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Ford Nation has been all riled up these days because Uncle Doug believes in the coronavirus.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
https://twitter.com/CarBombBoom13/status/1298631988803440645?s=20

lmao

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Rofl that brightened my day

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/StevenEllisTHN/status/1298634213047054336

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

loving lol I can’t even.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao jesus christ

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hahaha

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Why would you lie about that, everyone loves firefighters! They don’t give them guns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Gone already.