Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Make a preview limited time event on a Wednesday at noon when everybody is available. That's not a normal work time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The good news is the new COD will have crossplay and cross progression. The bad news is I don't really care and probably won't buy that one.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Push El Burrito posted:

Make a preview limited time event on a Wednesday at noon when everybody is available. That's not a normal work time.

They know what their audience is up to

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why is it set in the 80s when nobody cared instead of the 50s or 60s with spy cameras strapped to cats and guns built into briefcases

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I've been playing Rising Storm 2 lately and a polished Vietnam multiplayer game is something I desperately need.

EDIT: poo poo is this not in Nam?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
if they are Smart they will have dumbass spy weapons that span 40 years all in the same game

I am super pumped for armored truck wars

I have no clue what it is but I want It

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Cold warzone needs boats and dolphins with c4 attached to them as kill streaks

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Me and my friend found class roles for warzone that disappeared in the weapons menus? Did this happen to anyone else or are the blizzard snipers already finding angles through my windows

Edit: we’re huge stoners that stumbled on co-op mode :doh:

Professorjuggalo fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 27, 2020

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If Reagan isn't already half-senile and there's not a scene with Nancy doing an astrology session then this is a no-buy for me.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
As someone who enjoyed blackout and has a real hard time enjoying warzone I'm gonna be sad if there's no blackout whatsoever

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
That mode is great for doing stupid poo poo and I fully support it

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

veni veni veni posted:

Got the Finn to level 30 and my biggest takeaway is avoid the +fire rate barrels like the plague. Although that might be a very different story with the chainsaw stock which I haven't unlocked yet. I feel like its even more effective at short range/hipfire with a long barrel than it is with fire rate mods. With the fire rate mods it legit feels like just about the worst gun in the game.

I've literally found the inverse - The +Fire +Range barrel is magical, and having tried it in a couple of WZ so far, I think I might be quite enamoured with it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Shockeh posted:

I've literally found the inverse - The +Fire +Range barrel is magical, and having tried it in a couple of WZ so far, I think I might be quite enamoured with it.

That's because it shreds out to like, 50 meters. Like, MP5 at point blank ttk. It absolutely dominates the 10-50 meter bracket.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The FiNN iron sights are pretty good too imo.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
The #1 reason to use the RoF barrel is actually that if you hold down the trigger long enough the barrel gets lit on fire

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The gun is ridiculous, I was downing people parachuting in at like 250+ meters it rules and will be nerfed but not enough to make it not rule.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shockeh posted:

That one doesn't unlock until around level 40 so I didn't have it yet when I posted that. But yes, it is way better than the first two. Still can't decide if I like it better than the regular super long barrel though. to me at least it feels like it drops guys at about the same rate but the complete lack of recoil without it out felt like I was dropping guys more reliably and getting more assists with the fire rate+velocity one. It's definitely good though.

The factory+ROF Adverse one is the one that felt like trash.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Gonna lol if they make Reagan out to be a good guy

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It has some reasonable downsides for sure. Reload is rough, not good at after 50m, open bolt is a liability at point blank, Burns ammo. But as far as just deleting anyone in your sights it's very very good.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgjbNvKnTFU

Apparently aiming stability is more important than previously estimated

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I tried to figure out if aim stability was worth it a while ago. The ranges he's shooting at and the builds he is comparing make the issue seem way worse than it is in reality. The aim stability on the first shots is horrible because he's using no-stock, which took a huge stability nerf recently. There is a massive difference in the stability between no stock and the full stability builds he is showing but it's not so much that the stability improving attachments are good as the no-stock attachment is atrocious for stability. There is not nearly as big a difference between the normal builds people use with tac laser and the full-stability builds he shows there, and you'll still absolutely notice sway when using a high powered optic unless you stack every stability attachment on it.

Basically stability attachments aren't good enough unless you stack all of them which you'll never be able to do because silencer/long barrel/big mag are just too important.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 27, 2020

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Fart Car '97 posted:

I tried to figure out if aim stability was worth it a while ago. The ranges he's shooting at and the builds he is comparing make the issue seem way worse than it is in reality. The aim stability on the first shots is horrible because he's using no-stock, which took a huge stability nerf recently. There is a massive difference in the stability between no stock and the full stability builds he is showing but it's not so much that the stability improving attachments are good as the no-stock attachment is atrocious for stability. There is not nearly as big a difference between the normal builds people use with tac laser and the full-stability builds he shows there, and you'll still absolutely notice sway when using a high powered optic unless you stack every stability attachment on it.

Basically stability attachments aren't good enough unless you stack all of them which you'll never be able to do because silencer/long barrel/big mag are just too important.

You can downsize your suppressor on most guns to tactical (maybe not on bolt actions) without huge downsides. I'm a habitual head-shooter and had without testing ended up more or less at the same spot: Compensator stability penalty itself is so obnoxious that it is easier running other recoil mods + no attachment on the barrel for my ghost-free builds (Flash, C4, restock and a taste for violence). With the way HSing in this game works, it is only really worth it if you're landing them very consistently - otherwise, upper torso is the golden spot - and the unpredictable portion of recoil (along with the odd visual vs actual recoil misalignment) makes it so that some guns just do very poorly at hitting the exact same spot over and over (see f.ex. MP5 vs MP7).

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Unlocked the Finn, even completely stock I was just lasering the poo poo out of people on Shoot the Ship.

I am gonna level it a bit and take it to the War Zone.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

JaySB posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgjbNvKnTFU

Apparently aiming stability is more important than previously estimated

This is interesting and all, but what do the patterns look like if you do move the mouse to keep it in the same spot? Why do I care if the recoil patterns are different if I keep aiming at the same spot (which will be made easier with the commonly used reduced recoil attachments instead of increased stability attachments he's advocating here.)

Fake Edit: I'm referring to the LMG examples here, the SKS one was quite interesting.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Looten Plunder posted:

This is interesting and all, but what do the patterns look like if you do move the mouse to keep it in the same spot? Why do I care if the recoil patterns are different if I keep aiming at the same spot (which will be made easier with the commonly used reduced recoil attachments instead of increased stability attachments he's advocating here.)

Fake Edit: I'm referring to the LMG examples here, the SKS one was quite interesting.

Because good recoil compensation is practicing so you're shooting pretty much the same spot repeatedly, not just keeping it in approximately the same zone. And that is predictive - meaning you know a large part of the pattern and make the exact same movement regardless, rather than reacting to what you see. It also means that the shot-to-shot magnitude of recoil matters less than the predictability of it - there isn't a limit to how much you can pull down (and in MW, it is really minor anyway), but active reactions will always be too slow to land every shot if some sort of unexpected deflection happens.

quote:

Dunno, this is really tempting and I'm going to see if I can't optimize patterns - it seems like on stuff with irons, you would have room for a stability stock, so you end up with:
Long barrel
Dollar store suppressor
Steady stock or some foregrip (f.ex. commando)
Tac laser
Mags

Which is pretty high-stab already. I wouldn't be shocked if one could mine the baseline stab values, find a high-stab gun (not the AK with a bayonet), mod it into a viable build and end up with a HS machine. I'd be tempted to if anything permanently move away from suppressors and build for maximum accuracy.

Idiot Doom Spiral fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 27, 2020

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah, I'm going to say the FINN is solid in WZ - You can't fight super long range like with a Bruen, but you absolutely goddamn delete anyone foolish enough to 1v1 you at Medium range.

Personal choice at present:
Mono Suppressor
XRK LongShot Adverse
Tac Laser
VLK 3.0x Optic
Commando Foregrip

I don't think the trade-off for the ammo belts are worth it; The Recoil hit is too hard.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fried Watermelon posted:

You know they absolutely will.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

If Reagan isn't already half-senile and there's not a scene with Nancy doing an astrology session then this is a no-buy for me.

There should be a part like in New Colossus where you have the opportunity to shoot him even though it causes an instant Game Over.

Achievement Unlocked: Time Paradox.

Boom. This poo poo writes itself.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Black Ops 2 had Oliver Freaking North not only as a consultant but also in the game voicing himself. What do you think?

Hell, wouldn't be surprised if they had waited until this new console generation to lovingly recreate Reagan's craggy rear end face.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 27, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Shipment Miami!

in motion:https://imgur.com/XW0aQk9

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Would they have to get permission from Reagan to use him in the game or can they use him under some sort of public figure type law?

If they have fair use, can they literally have him running around topless with dual M16s?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Re: Pre-order bonuses. I never pre-order anything. I assume I can just pre-order, get my warzone unlocks/skins and then cancel the pre-order?

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Looten Plunder posted:

Re: Pre-order bonuses. I never pre-order anything. I assume I can just pre-order, get my warzone unlocks/skins and then cancel the pre-order?

Can you get refunds on digital purchases?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
You can in Australia, it's law.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

You know they absolutely will.

Mr Gorbachov, tear down these deployable covers

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
You’re supposed to THROW the molotovs god damnit

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looten Plunder posted:

Would they have to get permission from Reagan to use him in the game or can they use him under some sort of public figure type law?

If they have fair use, can they literally have him running around topless with dual M16s?

I just asked him and he said it was cool.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, I meant to say "Would they have to get permission to use Reagan in the game"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looten Plunder posted:

I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYkE5v8KzQw

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Looten Plunder posted:

Sorry, I meant to say "Would they have to get permission to use Reagan in the game"

"This is a work of fiction any resemblance is purely coincidence etc..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

That is fantastic, never was a fan of zombies, I didn't quite get it but that intro is :discourse: