Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

* $35,000 for a baloon *

Bloody lefty inner city art kissers wasting our tax dollars!

* $500million war memorial upgrade *

This is fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BB05DK

ITS MADE FROM 100% JUICE!

quote:

Product Description

A gourmet energy drink with natural ingredients from all over the globe such as Tibetan Goji Berry, Asian Cordyceps, B-Vitamins, Ginseng & Guarana. No sugar added. Lightning Bolt is sweetened with Polisweet ¿ an imported cane juice concentrate. This concentrate contains a proprietary blend of policosanols which have been proven in clinical studies to lower cholesterol. First energy drink to be made from 100% juice. Long lasting energy! Available in two great flavors - Cherry Charge & Asian Experience!

Steven Seagal's Asian Experience Lightning Bolt Energy Drink is the first energy drink to be made of 100-percent juice, and the first to contain Tibetan Goji berries and Asian cordyceps. It is also available in Cherry Charge flavor.

The Lightning Bolt Story
When martial arts movie star Steven Seagal traveled to Asia searching for the ingredients for his Lightning Bolt drink he wanted a universal Asian character to summarize the drink's benefits. Seagal settled on the character known as "CHI" which is widely recognized as a symbol of power and energy in many Asian languages and cultures. When Seagal finished creating his drink, there was only one equivalent in nature -- the lightning bolt. Both mysterious and powerful, it is a symbol of the untold energy the earth has to offer.

Wonderful, unique ingredients
The ingredients of Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt are what makes this energy so impressive. Each component was carefully chosen by Seagal to incorporate the greatest treasures of Asian medicine into an all natural energy boost. The Asian Experience flavor is delicious, but it is the ingredients that make this drink so special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IId64OJdCKM

A Grand Egg has a new favorite as of 15:17 on Aug 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oh my god it’s perfect.

Also is the new page not loading for anyone else?

E:now it’s loading but the number of new posts is one lower than one my bookmarks said. Radium! :argh:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

I thought nothing could beat Bruce Willis' Hell energy drink (presumably made from the finest ingredients in Hungary) but looks like Stevie there has him beat.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Oh my god it’s perfect.

Also is the new page not loading for anyone else?

E:now it’s loading but the number of new posts is one lower than one my bookmarks said. Radium! :argh:

In the Awful app? Yeah I just had this where it only loaded me to the previous page. I had to manually come here. Figured my session had glitched.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jojoinnit posted:

In the Awful app? Yeah I just had this where it only loaded me to the previous page. I had to manually come here. Figured my session had glitched.

Same thing happened on desktop

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

yaffle posted:

Problematic Balloon is quite a good username.

:confused:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Memento posted:

Plus it's freezing cold on the winter, prone to enormous bushfires in the summer and just a miserable place full of politicians all year 'round.

Don't forget the loving Bogong moths.

Freezing cold and snowing for six months of the year. Unbearably hot and surrounded by fires the other six. And overlaid on top of that is the entire city is smack bang in the middle of the migration route of a horrible bloody stinky* moth.

The entire city was built as punishment for politicians. Pity the poor fools who also have to live in its barren hellscape.

* I lived there on and off for a couple of year and will never forget the smell of a billion moth carcases slowly broiling away to a greasy smear after crawling their way inside streetlights and anywhere else with big lights, like supermarkets and servos.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Aug 27, 2020

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Helios Grime posted:

So can someone explain why Canberras birthday balloon is a titty whale?

big tiddy goth skywhale

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

so I read up the lore of the big tiddy skywhale and apparently those are sort of like swim-bladders for flying - in the backstory they secrete a lighter-than-air substance but this bothers me because they're obviously hanging down so how are they supporting the skywhale if they're full of helium or something

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

blatman posted:

so I read up the lore of the big tiddy skywhale and apparently those are sort of like swim-bladders for flying - in the backstory they secrete a lighter-than-air substance but this bothers me because they're obviously hanging down so how are they supporting the skywhale if they're full of helium or something

Float juice is stored in the boobs?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

blatman posted:

the backstory

i don't know why i was surprised the horrific balloon design comes with a backstory, it makes sense

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's clearly a Dirigible Behemothaurs

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

lmao its made from the literal mindcontrol fungus

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

blatman posted:

this backstory makes it worse than it was in my own imagination.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hyperlynx posted:

I would have thought that would be more Sheogorath's thing.

I'm a tiddy whale, go [tiddy whale noise] on my haters

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TK-42-1 posted:

lmao its made from the literal mindcontrol fungus

Nerds loving love cordyceps, there’s some weird fungus beverage I keep seeing advertised on Facebook that has that and 6-7 other weird fungi.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

blatman posted:

They secrete that lighter than air substance downward at mach 2. It's a VTOL Big-Tiddy Skywhale.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I dated a girl that lived in Troy, which is right next to it and basically Albany Lite, and it’s almost impressive how many closed storefronts there are in any given block in either city. The SUNY college in Albany is one of the most depressing places I’ve ever been to, it’s just giant square concrete buildings and looks like a prison.

I live just outside of Albany and I can confirm it's a thoroughly depressing place. The university does indeed look like a prison, it even has a giant cigarette sticking sticking out of a fountain directly in the middle of it, just to drive the point home.

It's also a dump, but not enough of a dump to be cool or interesting, just sort of sad.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Nerds loving love cordyceps, there’s some weird fungus beverage I keep seeing advertised on Facebook that has that and 6-7 other weird fungi.
It's traditional Chinese medicine for your dick.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Oh, the huge mammaries!"

is definitely a joke someone already made years earlier.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

The girl who took my virginity is from and lives in Canberra.

You are all better people now that you know that fact.

Hell yea I’m gonna jack off to this thanks

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
"No sugar added. Lightning Bolt is sweetened with Polisweet ¿ an imported cane juice concentrate."

:thunk:

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

CannonFodder posted:

"No sugar added. Lightning Bolt is sweetened with Polisweet ¿ an imported cane juice concentrate."

:thunk:

You guys joke, but Lightning Bolt was a legit good* energy drink, and I swear to Satan, an excellent hangover cure.

*lovely tasting. Asian Experience tasted like acai and garlic juice, while Cherry tasted like cherry cough syrup and garlic juice.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Why did they add coconut?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Oh man, playing all the hits today.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

captainOrbital posted:

Why did they add coconut?

Cause they'd be coconuts not to!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Slippery posted:

Oh man, playing all the hits today.

Look I'm sorry it was the first thing that came to mind but now I can't delete it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cause they'd be coconuts not to!

Because coconut was in the original formulation, before they slapped a different sticker around the can.

I used to find that in little independent gas stations in Florida. Some knock-off of a knock-off energy drink, bogo all day long. poo poo's a year old in the can with multiple stickers over the branding. Probably would have been cheaper to dump the drink and recycle the cans, but who am I to argue with the shady dude driving a rental truck full of Columbian cigarettes, toilet cleaner, and suspicious energy drinks?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Don't forget the loving Bogong moths.

You'll be happy to know the moths are dying out hard thanks to climate change.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/athenogenes/status/1299040935758761990?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Inceltown posted:

People who whine about insects are invariably thrilled with climate change in my experience

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Less bugs, longer summers, bigger oceans? gently caress, sign me up!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Inceltown posted:

:(
I once had one of these (cecropia moth) hatch from a caterpillar, it was awesome.

https://imgur.com/r/NatureIsFuckingLit/L7Fs1Ij

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This is the second place I've heard about the Canada's Drag Race fans being nutso. What is going on? Social media idiots being apoplectic about a contestant being kicked off?

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you

Beachcomber posted:

I was talking about Albany, NY which is the state capital instead of NYC like everyone assumes. The industry there has basically left and theres very little culture to speak of, and it's too far from any nearby cities for a reasonable jaunt.

Or so I'm told.

I work for Albany NY's Cultural Education Center and can confirm

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Less bugs, longer summers, bigger oceans? gently caress, sign me up!

It's kinda funny living in a pretty cold place. Climate change is clearly a huge disaster that we should do something about, but so far it's been pretty great.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Beachcomber posted:

I was talking about Albany, NY which is the state capital instead of NYC like everyone assumes. The industry there has basically left and theres very little culture to speak of, and it's too far from any nearby cities for a reasonable jaunt.

Or so I'm told.

While I don't live in Albany, I live kinda nearby in upstate NY.

When I was in high school, there was one of those long-form standardized essay questions (SAT or something I don't remember) that asked "a foreign exchange student has come to live with you, how do you show them around your town to introduce them to American culture?" We were expected to have a full-page answer minimum.

I wrote "There is nothing to do in [town]." and got full credit

Tomaquin
Sep 6, 2010

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think that's the best tattoo I've ever seen and I'm intensely jealous. loving hell, all of my tattoos are garbage by comparison, what have I done to my body

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

I was talking about Albany, NY which is the state capital instead of NYC like everyone assumes.

Cap City!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Video Nasty posted:

Look I'm sorry it was the first thing that came to mind but now I can't delete it.