Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Feels a bit on the bad side of meta gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Is there an echo in here?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is there an echo in here?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eps how did Hum know about this grid setup thingy? Was he involved in helping Tomm set up the game or something?

Also if those are the only 4 power roles then how come you and Hum were masons?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Eps how did Hum know about this grid setup thingy? Was he involved in helping Tomm set up the game or something?

Toal’s claimed mason too so Ep seems to be running on an incorrect assumption somewhere.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don't know what to do with that post E+ but I am sorry my posting has been so grating to you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That’s lame.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
assuming toal’s mason is town tracker does that make it more likely EP is scum

yeah I’m thinking about it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

what if toal is scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

what if toal is scum

I guess that could fit into the weird “L” thing but yeah this is all slightly dirty feeing. Not that’s it is E+ fault that he got this info but it’s probably better that we all know to make it more fair

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Sandwolf posted:

what if toal is scum

:scream:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

what if toal is scum

How? Why?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

How? Why?

I dunno, it's getting to that point in the game where I'm scratching at the walls, but something about this post felt weird:

Toalpaz posted:

But also lol if scum are getting wrecked and their last power role is a regular godfather with no cop.

but then I remember the ish with Bif on D2

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey peeps sorry for lurking. Was a busy as gently caress Thursday. Will be rereading the skimmed posts from yesterday.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also morning all.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

what if toal is scum

possible but I don’t see it as likely right now, there are some much better vote candidates to consider first

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
lmao I somehow lost the post I was typing out

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess that could fit into the weird “L” thing but yeah this is all slightly dirty feeing. Not that’s it is E+ fault that he got this info but it’s probably better that we all know to make it more fair

that's pretty much how I feel. also it's not all that "weird"; it's a lot like a C9 or whatever, just with more possibilities.

Sandwolf posted:

I don't know what to do with that post E+ but I am sorry my posting has been so grating to you

I forgive you! I'm just dealing with a lot of stuff atm and haven''t been able to post so much, which I'm sure isn't a great feeling for you. you didn't like, double down on it, so we're cool

Rarity posted:

I just didn't mention the mason thing since it wasn't really important, but that's how Hum knew we were both town; the setup specifies two town masons in addition to the other roles. Hum suggested the setup to tommunist, I think.

now for some actual mafia:

toal posts four times in a row, which I think is a bit much, including this one:

Toalpaz posted:

Anyways this still feels like it can be a scum play because it doesn't clear e+ or get any useful info, beyond saying that the SK and or Scum can have BP and really hit the other team last night in addition to a doctor existing, but like I said I have ; ) bp so it's fine and this is all probably scum lies.

three things here:
1. why would scum, even solo scum, throw a play like this? pressure was on me from yesterday from the moment I posted about it. if I was scum and I wanted to get town PRs to claim, this would be a horrible way of doing it. I know I always advocate that scum can do anything, even make bad plays, but this would be incredibly dumb for scum in my position to do
2. you don't even address my post where I suggest Gaspy may have breadcrumbed BP, which if my post is accurate means that one of you is lying. I think if you were actually BP you would have dived on that, especially if you're multi-shot - you're immune to nightkills, even if the one-kill night was someone hitting you, and having multiple bulletproof town in a game seems wild.
3. it's not "fine", town is very ahead currently but just a few mislunches could really shake that. this doesn't feel like it's coming from a town POV, imo

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Maybe because I never breadcrumbed BP so it’s a fuckin weird thing to try to use as a gotcha

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
That E+ piece of "L" shaped plot to figure out your roles in a game is so insanely OTT meta it's freaky.

Toal: I take it you don't want to disclose anymore about your mason claim and info about your mason bud? Can you say if you're in a confirmed masonry compared to E+ who we know is unconfirmed?

I think Gaspy is still on the level, as is Beet.

I feel like Ami or Rarity is the SK candidate.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Asphyxious posted:

Maybe because I never breadcrumbed BP so it’s a fuckin weird thing to try to use as a gotcha

again, that was Hum's idea

Asphyxious posted:

I’ve already claimed using the least scummy of all methods: Breadcrumbing

you've claimed to breadcrumb something, what was it?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I actually breadcrumbed my flavour, not my role :shobon:

Asphyxious posted:

Lol I finally got a role that accurately reflects my mafia abilities

Asphyxious posted:

I just have a feeling you’re going to betray me.

Asphyxious posted:

From my point of view, I know rarity is wrong, and I feel like her angle is too fabricated to sustain itself so I think it’ll burn out which is good. It’s better buried, avoid dragging it out imo

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

You folks reading along might not get that last one but trust me, I’m loving hilarious.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

are you that person on mars?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wait i mean... you're either claming to be the emperor or i think Dalia Cythera fro my quick google.

going off your uhh ego, i'd suggest the emperor. lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'll try have a re-read of the thread this afternoon. i've been spending all my nerd action points making a character for an rpg gridlocked is gonna run and i've never really done it before, so it's taken a lot of reading.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Asphyxious posted:

You folks reading along might not get that last one but trust me, I’m loving hilarious.

Are you:

The Void Dragon
Or
Lion El'Johnson

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that is the worst breadcrumb ever gridlock

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

that is the worst breadcrumb ever gridlock

Shut up Alf Stewart.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

Lol I finally got a role that accurately reflects my mafia abilities

Oh I get it, brain-dead

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m putting down my newspaper to comment that I have no idea what you people are talking about

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If no one has cases we really don't have to go to time on this one. Only 1 day left (20 hours).

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

If no one has cases we really don't have to go to time on this one. Only 1 day left (20 hours).

What do you think of the votes?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't really trust you or rarity. I think rarity is the most likely to flip scum but yeah, that's it.

I think amni and sandwolf have easy to understand reasons to vote e+, that it plan to get everyone to full claim didn't make sense at the time and doesn't make sense now really.

I think a lot of people's comments on the e+ case are interesting, I don't think there's any real indication that e+ should flip town but there are comments from people who seem to know better who really shouldn't. I think that will be a good d5 discussion.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote rarity

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz who’s your mason partner

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Toalpaz who’s your mason partner

:lofty: I shant out the real tracker

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm i thought we had another whole day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

I just didn't mention the mason thing since it wasn't really important, but that's how Hum knew we were both town; the setup specifies two town masons in addition to the other roles. Hum suggested the setup to tommunist, I think.

Yeah, nah ##vote eps

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'd vote ep easily.

rarity is hit and miss. i was pretty happy with how she played bif yesterday, but skimming back through i remember that it looked like she was actively trying to distance from sng.

gaspy why rarity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

because a few posts ago it seems like you didn't want to

Asphyxious posted:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

reread Bif and feel better about amnistar and beet based on early interactions

going to ##vote rarity though

Ahhhh... nah?

or am i misreading and you're commenting on amni or me?