Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This is Rook.

Wrecker [Vatman]
You look like you could use a
FRieND

Not one of THOSE Friends.
A much
FRIEndLIER
friend.

This was Rook.

Send Vatman a Shotdrone with an Experimental MBC (+DR) for 38 (20 from Rook, 18 from Vatman)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Hm. Well. Hm. I... Ok we can solve this.

Spending recklessly from myself and Opal Dang-Cobra's coffers to send an HealDrone carrying a motile biocover to Bonny Ann Elsewhere

Opal darling, we're already in debt to you, but that last ditty you sent us is rocketing through the charts, and you clearly deserve the inspiration.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 28, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

#12 - Theo Reticule, Rookie Junker
HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 07 -> 08 Luxe: 33 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
DR: DR 2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 1 Power // 1 Air
Hazard Tokens: none
Gamma Bounder: RigHP: 2/2 RigMove: 3 Jump RigDR: RigDR 1 RigPower: 3/3
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk.
Cyber [2/5]: Spinal Array (+1 Scan Range.) // Rigspike (A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.)
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot) // DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage, Missile. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 2 (+2 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Items: none // Notes: none

Listen Along: Let It Out - Girl Talk

Prompted by Theo Reticule's growling commands and the threatening barrel of his DPM shotgun, the Bounder pilot willingly unjacked from the Gamma rig's cockpit and promptly removed himself from the premises without a fight, leaving the Gamma Bounder's driver's seat all to Theo. Nodding his head excitedly to the beats from his TuneZEN, the Wrecker sat down in the pilot's chair and fired up the jacks' ignitions and relaxed. He felt the rig's cold nervous connections running up and down his spinal array as the brainjacks did their work.

All the lights started turning on: systems green. Ah, it felt so good to feel a rig's power and weight under his total control!

"I'm synced with mine, Dunk," stated Theo over the comms. "How you doin'?"

Theo raised his Bounder into gear and pivoted the rig's main visual sensors towards the other Gamma Bounder, to see how Dunk's rigjacking of it was going.

Dunk Tuggum, as far as Theo could tell, was not rigjacking the Bounder that Ra Maximum had shut down temporarily, not at all. Instead, the man was hiding in a shelter while the Bounder appeared to be slowly rebooting.

"Dunk - what happened?!" Theo barked at the strange man over the comms, his hackles raised. "We can't handle both rigs with just two of us!"

Turning aside, Theo started broadcasting over the wider comms network. "Uh - Bonny-Anne -" He tried to remain professional. "As you may have noticed, there was a bit of an industrial accident and Ra, well, Ra's dead. Pair of Bounders showed and we just barely managed to snag one. Dunk's hunkering."

Theo continued, for both Dunk and Bonny-Anne's benefit. "Er, I'm blasting off in this new rig I jacked to pull this Bounder-bastard away from the silo. Dunk? Get your new Sponsor to send you something to help you do the same, for'real! Ta - for now."

Just as he was about to leave, a delivery drone bumped into Theo's cockpit hatch.

"Wha? From... Psichonumen?" Theo murmured, puzzled at reading the company's name.

"Hey, Bonny-Anne -" Theo spoke out over the comms, his confusion plain. "I think your Sponsor's sending me stuff meant for you? I can't use thi-"

Theo was interrupted mid-sentence when the Joltdrone connected to Theo's suit with a zap of electric energy.

Sponsor Phase:
> Theo rejects the DPM Rifle, rendering it unto 1 Scrap!

Sponsors: Okay, so I know you said you didn't want to send other Wreckers anything, and I get that! So, let's make sure to save up some cash for your company's Exclusive item, whatever that might be! Have you accepted that text-glyph-art-thing I sent you? I think that might be worth something in the right hands!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 28, 2020

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

malbogio posted:

The bewildered swarmling speaks slowly for lack of practice, doing a frankly lousy job of approximating human vocalizations.

"What izzz behind the gatezzz?"

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

- Clock's up, comrade crawl-rear end!

The pirate seethes. Her compatriot, clad in heavy sapper's gear manages to bark out a response in between the showers of sparks.

- Hold it! We got this. Its the last bulkhead!

The arc cutter sings it's acrid song. Too slowly. The impatient corsair flings herself across the zero-g, to a better vantage point. No sight of hostiles, as there shouldn't. The pirates have this ship neutralized. This ship. They're lucky if they've got an hour to work before security vessels show up, and once that happens the crew aren't going to stick around waiting for the boarding party to return.

The margins are tight on this job, but what a job! High-sec cargo. Protected with a high end, impenetrable vault door. So impenetrable in fact that it had been easier to go through the wall of the room. The directional charge goes off, the ship quakes. A chunk of the vault wall floats away leaving the way open.

Inside is cold and hard, not meant for human. The corsair slashes with her saber, cutting the loading arms out of the way, revealing their prize. The high-sec crate gleams. The pirates' faces are reverent as they approach.

- Y-you do the honors.

The corsair snaps the first latch open. Had there been a failsafe bomb both of them would be dead by now. Faster, now. She snaps the remaining latch - and throws the lid open.

- That's-

Yes.

- Where's the treasure?

The sapper can barely hold her triumphant laughter.

- You are looking at it.

The corsair looks back down into the crate. Slowly, a grin spreads across her face.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

paper bag with a face posted:

"I remember reading that article in GENteel™ too, all the way back in the Year of Wood, It's Back Baby! It's aged rather poorly but I'm impressed you managed to parrot it verb-" Councilman Six abruptly stopped as Lamm Dir-Uir passed in front of his remote feed's camera. "Aethelred, are you seeing what I'm seeing? What do you think the ballistic penetration coefficient on that...can is?"

"Oh, what? Can't finish a sentence now? Mouth/brain interface overloading?" Aethelred chortles, head cocking ever so slightly at the subvocalised part of 6's statement. Tritium green flares for a fraction of a second in his pupils. "I know! Curious choice but entirely on-brand. My augmetics are having an interesting time analysing that material but if the density readings are correct, that thing is like T1 plate with the weight of crashfoam. Fascinating."

seconded

"Shines, my favourite kaiju, I have a little something I think you'll appreciate. While it won't win you any fashion awards, it should boost your survivability in your present, moistly meaty environs."

Ordering a Shotdrone carrying an X MBC (+DR) for Shines-in-Heaven, 25+13=38 luxe (35 PAFS 3 S-i-H)

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 28, 2020

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.

A tone chimes through Wrecker DVices, before the Concordant logo appears, followed by Hilde Stahl's calm face, data flashing behind the lenses of her smartglasses. "Attention Wreckers. On behalf of the Concordant Company, working in partnership with Mariner Arms, I wish to request further volunteers for the Concordant Company/Mariner Arms joint research project to refine rifle designs. Wreckers McBuster and Acolyte have already been entered into the research program, and future volunteers will be considered with increased priority for deliveries. Know also that future Concordant Company challenges will be presented to reward participation in the research program and gather further data. Director Stahl out."

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Slüus

Dir-Uir witnesses robocarnage slabspatter.

- Oh no.

Purchasing a delivery of:
Motile Biocover for Dunk Tuggum, 38L

On an experimental Air-refill drone.

-Dunk pays 33L
-Borrowing the remaining 5L from Acolyte

Jvie fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 30, 2020

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

edited to specify the type of drone used

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

A rather happy floating fat man is giggling while watching the extensive bank of monitors. Strangely, it appears that the anti-grav assistance units that were on his unique booth are a part of him rather than the machine.

"Splendid, splendid! Where is that useless boy, now?"

"Here, sir."

"Sweet megaMary mother of Mechanical Jesus! How many times have I told you not to do that to me?"

"At least several hundred, sir."

"Well consider yourself told again. Is that new drone fit to be used?"

"Yes, sir. But are you sure you want to, we don't really know the consequences."

"The chaos is part of the fun, you halfbrained nitwit. That's why I do the thinking around here and not you. Do we still have really fat beetle thing we bought from Rook a few cycles back?"

"The experimental biocover? Uh... yes I believe we do sir. It's on your ship at the moment."

"Good. Have some of our people cram it into the new drone and send it to the hiver. The longer he lives that happier I am and the more advertising we get!"

Spending 38L from Diamond funds to send Talcum Bee Buzzem an experimental raDrone (+rad) carrying an X-MBC (Diamond Variant) along with a note that says, "His name is Toby, take care of him please."

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 30, 2020

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Sponsor Activity posted:

Rook spends 38L (20REO, 18VJ) for SHOTdrone Delivery of [X]MBC.
Vatman's SHOTdrone hits Unctuous Horror and destroys it!
Vatman receives [X]MBC!

Sponsor Activity posted:

Psichonumen spends 38L (38 ODC) for HEALdrone Delivery of MBC.
BAE's HEALdrone has no effect.
BAE receives MBC!

Sponsor Activity posted:

Pertinax spends 38L (35PAFS, 3SIH) for SHOTdrone Delivery of [X]MBC.
Shines' SHOTdrone misses Manburglar!
Shines receives [X]MBC!

Sponsor Activity posted:

Slüus spends 38L (33DT, 5A) for PUFFdrone Delivery of Motile Biocover.
Dunk's PUFFdrone ruptures Dunk's 0XYGN8R...Dunk cannot regain Air Units, and all hits will inflict a Burn Token on Dunk, until 1 Scrap is spent as an ACT to repair it!
Research Credits: 1 (Critical Failure)
Dunk receives MBC!

Sponsor Activity posted:

Diamond spends 38L (DIAMC) for RADDdrone Delivery of [x]MBC.
Talcum's RADDdrone irradiates Talcum for 1 Rad Token!
Talcum receives [X]MBC!

Acolyte's HEALdrone has no effect.
Acolyte receives [x]DPM Rifle!

Sidious' SHOTdrone hits Manburglar for 2 damage!
Sidious receives Fabrikit!

Theo's JOLTdrone fries Theo's LEKTR0flangR...Theo cannot regain Power Units, and all hits will inflict Disable1 to Theo, until 1 Scrap is spent as an ACT to repair it!
Research Credits: 1 (Critical Failure)
Theo receives DPM Rifle...DPM Rifle is converted to 1 Scrap!

Lonán's SHOTdrone hits Nugget and destroys it!
Lonán receives CS Mod Kit!

Johnson's SHOTdrone hits Manburglar for 2 damage!
Johnson receives MBC!

pre:
ACCOUNTS		
2. Cyka				41	
3. Vatman Jones			36		
5. Opal Dang-Cobra		30
6. Acolyte			30 	
7. Slitherin' Sidious		14 	
8. Dunk Tuggum			0	
10. B.A. Elsewhere		6
11. Talcum Bee Buzzem		55	
12. Theo Reticule		33		
14. Shines-in-Heaven		69	
15. Lonán Murder-Birb 		25	
16. The Late Johnson		8

Concordant presents Kill-o-Vision® posted:

Lonán Murder-Birb: 4 Kills (Bounty: 40L)
Acolyte: 3 Kills (Bounty: 30L)
B.A. Elsewhere: 3 Kills (Bounty: 30L)
Opal Dang-Cobra: 3 Kills (Bounty: 30L)
Theo Reticule: 3 Kills (Bounty: 30L)
Cyka: 2 Kills (Bounty: 20L)
Slitherin' Sidious : 2 Kills (Bounty: 20L)
Shines-in-Heavent: 1 Kills (Bounty: 10L)
Talcum Bee Buzzem: 1 Kills (Bounty: 60L)
Vatman Jones: 0 Kills (Bounty: 0L)
Dunk Tuggum: 0 Kills (Bounty: 0L)
The Late Johnson: 0 Kills (Bounty: 0L)
Collette Errol: 1 Kills
Dimensional Derek: 1 Kills
Eugenius McBuster: 1 Kills
Ra Maximum: 3 Kills

Sponsor Stipend posted:

Rook +10
Pertinax +10
gu$tav +5
Diamond +10
Magitek Mafia +5
Psichonumen +5
Brainfood +5
Concordant +10
Galaxploitation +5
Slüus™ +10
pre:
RookEngOrg		10		Wrecktumix				X:Vatman
Pertinax AmmoFab	10		DPM Charon					X:S-I-H
Gu$tav			10		FIXR Drone		 			X:0
Diamond IAMC		12		Rockmuncher					X:Talcum
Turnt™			6		Specialty Item TBD	1 Gamma Crate		X:0
Magitek Mafia		15		Specialty Item TBD				X:Theo	
Psichonumen		5		Specialty Item TBD				X:BAE
Brainfood		15		Specialty Item TBD				X:Cyka
Concordant		10		Conc. Companion					X:Lonan
Galaxploitation Media	10		Horror Hammock					X:0
Slüus™			5		Specialty Item TBD		1 Gamma Crate	X:Dunk

Sponsor Challenges posted:

RookEngOrg
>
>WRECK-TOMY: Destroy an interactible map feature

Pertinax AmmoFab
>Unapproved Aftermarket Augmentation: Craft a modkit onto a weapon instead of directly using it.
>The Biggest Headshot: Order a ballistic airstrike or deal a significant ranged AoE to 707, 806, 807 or 905.
>Hat's Entertainment: Send Aethelred Ra's chapeau.

Gu$tav
> sharing protocol violation: score a telefrag.
>1337 h4x0r (r3w: enter 640942fd3bdbaa339b839db017ece7fd into any terminal.
>memetic combat: after succeeding at an unBoosted ACT, discuss how fuckin' winging it is the way to go

Diamond IAMC
>New Challenge: Bad to the Bone 2: Excavate a bone tile and grab whatever is inside
>Time for seconds!: Eat a Wrecker, not just part of them, the whole Wrecker.
>Trophy Hunt: Send the head of Vatman Jones to Diamond IAMC

Turnt™
>

Magitek Mafia
>Gub In, Wrm Out: Submit the best promotional material for gub.wrm as deemed by impartial Magitek judgment.
>Hands-On Decursing, Step 1: Retrieve Ra Maximum's Hat from his Death Cache.
>It's Rigged All The Way Down: Destroy a Rig in a single attack.

Psichonumen
>Bring me... organs: Dig up a Quantum Pancreas from a tile, and offer it to Psichonumen.
>To the Bone: Expose bone on the map.

Brainfood
>Rise of the Autophoenix, Pt. II: Craft a familiar using Merlin the Autofalconoid's salvaged Remotivator.
>Comedy is Tragedy Plus Blood: Land the killing blow on something that killed another Wrecker. (Valid Targets: Calorie Clown, Knight Barbacoa, Carnifex)

Concordant
>The Concordant Difference: craft successfully with Advanced Electronics
>Quality and Professionalism (Repeatable 3/5): After success in a Boosted Act, explain to the viewers how your efforts to do the job the right way contributed to your success.
>A Companion for Every Eventuality: Craft successfully with a Concordant Companion.

Galaxploitation Media
>Meatse: Alter the geography of the map.
>

Slüus™
>Steal a picnic basket: Steal a picnic basket.

HIVER Special Objectives
Talcum: 2/15 Bvo
>Apiculture a Rank 1 crafting component and use it. [+1 Bvo]
>Apiculture a Rank 2 crafting component and use it. [+3 Bvo]
>Apiculture a Rank 3 crafting component and use it. [+5 Bvo]
>Convert a NWU with Infest Tokens. [+1 Bvo]
>Convert a Wrecker with Infest Tokens. [+10 Bvo]
>Restore a damaged or D-Formed Map Feature with apicultured components. [+10 Bvo]
>Roll an outcome of 10 on a Crafting roll. [+10 Bvo]
>Eliminate a D-Breaker menace (kill or DQ a D-Breaker) [+15 Bvo]

D-Breaker Special Objectives
Dunk Tuggum: 0/10 Dvo
>Shift through a barrier [+1 Dvo]
> Craft with a Rank 1 D-Formed crafting component. [+1 Dvo]
> Craft with a Rank 2 D-Formed crafting component. [+3 Dvo]
> Craft with a Rank 3 D-Formed crafting component. [+5 Dvo]
> Use the contents of a D-formed Lootbox. [+5 Dvo]
> Defeat a rival D-Breaker. [+10 Dvo]
> Consume a rival D-Breaker's power. [+rival's Dvo]

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 31, 2020

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
WRECKER 16:The Late Johnson

Mutations: Gelatinous Epidermis: Rad Tokens do not reduce Max HP; does not receive DR from non-mutation sources.

HP: 2/2, Move: 3
Weapon: EZ-Snipe 1d8/1 +Junk, Range: 1
Familiar: 1/2, MBC Health: 3/3
DR: 0 Optiscope Counter: 1
Cash Money: 8L

"What a horrible little abomination you are, I'm gonna call you Sputnik." Johnson sniffed, then retched a little as suddenly the gross toxic gas began to fill the arena.

"Urgh again with the fart gas, AND we'll get set on fire if we don't move? This Meateor can go suck a fat one for real reals, let's at least move enough to avoid the enzymes. Come on Sputnik"

MOV: Moving to 805 (Opal and Acolyte can peak)

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 31, 2020

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

HP: 6/6 MV: 3 DR: 3 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 5. Scrap: 03. Luxe: 055
Belt: 0 Air, 0 Med, 0 Power. Tokens: 6 Infest, 1 Rad. Sponsor: Diamond IAMC.
Hiver (Protean): Access to Hiver Challenge List. +1 to Craft Rolls. ACT: Apiculture a consumable.
Headhunter X-Train: Crit = 2x Damage. Cyber (0/2) Mutations (4/4)
Worm that Walks (B-Vo): Max HP cannot be reduced below # of Infest. Abilities/gear that spend/transfer Infest cost 1 fewer Token.
Lamellar Thorax (B-Vo): +2DR; spend 1 0 Infest for +1DR for the phase. (Always on.)
Nuclear Arms (Lvl2): +1 damage with melee, +1 per Rad Token. No heavy weapon penalty. Missile attacks downscaled twice.
Exo-Propolis (B-Vo): Consume 2 Scrap as an ACT to repair a Map Feature or restore 2 HP to a synth unit, or during a Craft as a Lvl 1 Crafting Component.
SmokeSwarm: Loaded. Downscale & 1d8/2 to units attacking Retreating Unit. 2 1 Infest to reload.
Hydroly-Sis: Loaded. Salvage restores up to 3 Air Units. 2 Scrap to reload.
Kid Squid: 3/3 HP.
Toby the MBC: 1/1 HP 3DR. Fixed ENC: Bodyguard Kid Squid.

The trio heads off.

First Talcum, dwarfed by a horror bladder full of questionable treasures bouncing over their shoulder.

Then Kid Squid, entirely fixated on their dVice. Tap tap tap. Tap tap. Tap.

Toby guards the rear, scurrying in a semi-circle around Kid Squid and hissing at shadows.

Local Unit(s): None.
MOV: 709 > 809 Fabric8R. Gain 1 Poison token.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 31, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 2/3 MV: 2
DR: 1 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 4.
Scrap: 02. Luxe: 0
Belt:
0 Air, 3 Med, 1->2 Power.
Tokens:

Mutations (0/3)
Cyber (1/2)
Charged Myoservos: Subject ignores the first downscale against them in a Round.
Items:
CS Suite I
CS Armor Mod: Loyalty

Weapons:

Items Loaned to "Time Traveler"

Friends:

"2Shy, 2Can? No worries, I can always build you a wingmang, that way you'll never have to be a lonesome bird again!"

MOV: 125 -> 115 -> 905

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

It was Morale Week, and Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. was in line at the buffet beside the Cosmiq corporate grass-grounds.

Dr. Wiley was browsing through his comms' inner display, staring past the food in front of him with an empty plate, when his thoughts were interrupted by someone approaching him from the caterer's staging area.

"Oh, no, it's not that, Brillany, I just had a big breakfast is all." Dr. Wiley grumbled, gesturing over in the buffet spread out before him. "This is great, really! My kids are loving it! They're were so excited to come."

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr.'s two children Junior and Sheila had grabbed some brightly-colored soft drinks early on into the event and weren't around by the front of the buffet line when the Calorie Court caterers arrived with their platters of fresh food, which was their loss. Besides, Sheila was old enough now to know how to get herself and her brother to and from Dr. Wiley's office, even with the increased security detail today, so Dr. Wiley wasn't overly concerned.

"Okay, so what this?" Dr. Wiley questioned the uniformed caterer across the table. "'Grilled meltzarella people poppers on fabwood spears'? Oh, 'McBuster-bobs'? How quaint. And this is the- don't tell me... PizzRa Maximum? No, that's too much like Aethered's Pizzanax - oh, it's 'Ra Pizzamum'?! Delightful. And those are Sluus-nuudles on top? Excellent. I'll have a slice of that, a handful of the albino eyelives on top, and what is that? In the blonde cookies - oh, 'candied marrow in white chocolate chunks'? ...Sure! One of those too. Great!"

Without thanking the unerringly polite server, Dr. Wiley turned away with his plate of finger food, clutching to his Morale Week drink and a vibrant red napkin the color of fresh blood. He muttered to himself.

"When I told them to go all out with the Wreck-theming I didn't realize they were gonna go the extra mile with the actual food..."

Dr. Wiley sat down at a table with some coworkers he vaguely recognized, along with his jacket he'd set down. He sent his daughter a message that the food had arrived, and attached a picture of his meal over the comms:

"Come and get it kidderinos!" he sent.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hey
hey mark I skipp

ZA MAXIMVM was right there

come ooooooonnnnnnnn

Luxe: 10
Challenges[3]:
sending signals: score the first kill of the map Multipleted!
small black hat: leave a hex with at least 3 Enemies in it without having taken damage REKT
yeetball express: use a hacked Strato-Cradle Completed!
1337 h4x0r (r3w: enter 640942fd3bdbaa339b839db017ece7fd into any terminal.
sharing protocol violation: score a telefrag.
memetic combat: after succeeding at an unBoosted ACT, discuss how fuckin' winging it is the way to go

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
WRECKER 2: Cyka

Cyber (2/4): Bone Lacing 1, Rail Loader 1
HP 3/3
Scrap: 1
Tokens:
Sponsored by Brainfood Upcycled Nootropics. When all your options are bad, make a new one out of them.

Get set on fire or get poisoned by suffocation? This was one of the reasons why Cyka preferred something with a closable hatch and onboard resources. They made their choice and acted accordingly.

MOV:Hopefully that last slider is too busy digging itself out to pursue as I quietly walk off here, making no sudden or rapid moves, trying to conserve air, but I'm not going to bet on it. Move to 710 and see if that friendly is still there.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.

Lonán's and Acolyte's DVices chime before displaying the Concordant logo, followed by Hilde Stahl's face. "Wrecker Acolyte, given your interest in participation in the joint Concordant-Mariner Arms research project, I shall provide you with equipment to help improve your rifle's performance. I shall be drawing from Wrecker Lonán to cover the last portion of the delivery cost. I hope to be able to draw from your account, Wrecker Acolyte, to compensate Wrecker Lonán for this loan in the future. Director Stahl out."

Spending 44 luxe (10 Concordant, 31 Acolyte, 3 Lonán) to send a SHOTDrone with a weapon mod kit to Acolyte.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 08 Luxe: 33 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 1 Power // 1 Air
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk.
Cyber [2/5]: Spinal Array (+1 Scan Range.) // Rigspike (A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.)
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot) // DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage, Missile. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Items: none // Notes: Broken LEKTR0flangR (cannot regain Power Units, all hits inflict Disable1, FullACT: Spend 1 Scrap to repair)

Listen Along: Light It Up (feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG) (Remix) - Major Lazer

"YIPE!" Theo yelped, as the JOLTdrone sent an arcing lightning bolt coursing up and down his side.

The drone buzzed angrily as it disconnected its cracking electrical appendage and withdrew. Even from inside his suit, Theo could smell something smoking.

"Aw shiv, uh, Psichonumen, you done sent a bunk drone what gone and fried my LEKTR0flangR!" Theo grumbled, shutting his rig's side-hatch fully. "Gonna give me headaches if'n I don't fix it soon..."

He rubbed his side with one hand and pivoted his rig over to check on Dunk Tuggum's progress. The D-Breaker appeared to be getting acquainted with a Motile Biocover that had been sent direct by his new sponsor, Slüus.

"A Biocover? Grood - we can work sumthin' out." Theo approved, and he fired his Bounder into low running gear to start getting away from the rig silo.

Theo flashed map coordinates to Dunk over the Comms and opened the broadcast up to Bonny-Anne Elsewhere's frequency.

"Bonny-Anne, yo: we're gonna be passing your position and coming in hot! Silo's all yours if you want it."

The rig-mounted Wrecker jammed the control of his bounder for top cruising speed. Though he hadn't seen it for himself, he knew that Dunk had... [other] means of transportation.

Movement: (Dunk Tuggum and Bonny-Anne Elsewhere may peek)
> In his Gamma Bounder, Theo Jumps past Bonny-Anne Elsewhere to the excavation zone 2 hexes away (142 -> 133 -> 122)!

Sponsors: Hey Magitek Mafia, I think you're forgetting something - didja get that thing I sent ya? I never got Challenge credit for it - I think you have to accept it as the winner of your Challenge first!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Upon seeing the contents of Acolyte's HEALdrone dispensed, Aethelred mentally pulled up a floating AR holograph courtesy of his suite of cranial wetware. It was visible only within the circuit of hyperconduction filaments between his augmetic eyes and where his visual cortex and neural bus architecture integrate, but relatively speaking, it was large enough that he could see the Concordant/Mariner indicia on the upper receiver.

He shunted the image to Councilman 6's personal DVice, hearing the message chime from several yards away. Side-eyeing the Dubhan executive, he subvoxed "What next? Rook partner with Calorie Court to provide Modular Beef Curtains with flexible keratocarbon myotubules so your windows can be bulletproof and in an eternal state of existential suffering?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

Upon seeing the contents of Acolyte's HEALdrone dispensed, Aethelred mentally pulled up a floating AR holograph courtesy of his suite of cranial wetware. It was visible only within the circuit of hyperconduction filaments between his augmetic eyes and where his visual cortex and neural bus architecture integrate, but relatively speaking, it was large enough that he could see the Concordant/Mariner indicia on the upper receiver.

He shunted the image to Councilman 6's personal DVice, hearing the message chime from several yards away. Side-eyeing the Dubhan executive, he subvoxed "What next? Rook partner with Calorie Court to provide Modular Beef Curtains with flexible keratocarbon myotubules so your windows can be bulletproof and in an eternal state of existential suffering?"

Councilman Six surreptitiously looked down at his tablet at Aethelred's message, his hand vanishing into his obfuscatory nanoswarm to stroke his chin. After a second of multiprocessor implant assisted deliberation, he forwarded the message to Dubhán's competitor research division. He looked back into camera, adjusting the sponsor lounge's remote holodisplay so as to not directly look at the esteemed competition in the room. A pattern of split second flashing lights emitted from the inky blackness surrounding the back of his head.

<"I've always preferred blinds myself. I'm sure whatever comes of this partnership will be perfectly adequate.">

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 31, 2020

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

HP: 5/5, Move: 2
Luxe: 31L (0L after Concordant's spending) [-1L this Hazard]
Scrap: 0
Belt Tokens: 3 Med, 3 Power, 1>0 Air
Hazard Tokens: 1 Poison
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk
Equipped Utility mods: Hazmat-B [Burn DR +2]
Augs:
Adrenal Accelerator: When subject is hit during ENC, subject's ACT is Boosted.
Jacklegz©: +1 Move

A new rifle in hand, and with the promise of further weapon-based salvation in the future from Concordant, Acolyte is feeling very blessed right now. "Truly, there is nothing more satisfactory than drone-based shopping. Now if only they sold more air, trying to process the unfiltered atmosphere of this meateor will not bring salvation..."

MOV: NW to 805, losing 1 air token

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
WRECKER 3: Vatman Jones

(Unctuous Horror)
HP: 2/4[6] Move: 3 Scrap: 01 Luxe: 036
DR: DR2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 1 Air // 0 Med // 3 Power
Mutation [2/5]: Fibrous Ganglia (LVL1) (Mutation-based attacks are upscaled once per mutation possessed; subjects TN to be hit is 2) // Endosymbiotic Brood (LVL1) (Subject may discard 1 Token of choice per round without effect as a freeACT; AoE attacks are upscaled twice against the subject)
Hazard Tokens:

MINIONS
(1/1 HP)

A pained shriek and a u-shaped flyby around his shelter of burning fat informed Vatman Jones (or rather, his automated tacticortex) that now would be a good time to take the initiative. The neonderthal crept up towards the remaining horror as it was currently nibbling on its freshly dead mate, taking cover behind his newly arrived servile creature.

MOV: I shall take AIM

Theantero fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 31, 2020

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Tzol Publishing House

quote:

The reign of the Nothing But Mattresses Hegemony was upheld primarily by its cruel and efficient secret police force. The Mattressicarios, as they were called, had developed and practiced a collection of incongruous interrogation techniques with which to extract secrets from their enemies.

In one instance, the Mattressicarios had captured a disciple of VapeWay and imprisoned him in their infamous Oubliette of Terror. They told him that he could go free if he would just give up the name of the VapeWay disciple who had stolen a precious random access memory foam mattress from Nothing But Mattresses. The disciple, eager to leave, named one of his fellows that had the opportunity and inclination to pull off the theft. However, a cogitator the Mattressicarios had wheeled in analyzed the disciple's answer and concluded "NOPE NOT THAT ONE". The disciple named the one he thought second most likely to be the thief, but the cogitator denied this name as well.

Only after giving up the names and ranks of every other disciple of VapeWay did he realize his mistake - the story about the mattress theft was a complete fabrication, and the "cogitator" was just a speaker that played "NOPE NOT THAT ONE" whenever you pressed the button on the back. Within one business week, VapeWay was no more.

-Liang ibn Wuzzy-Duzzy,
"An Abridged History of the Strip Malls" (Tzol Publishing House)

Student of Clownlore: In ACT, grill a Mutant enemy for the origins and motivations of the Calorie Clown. (HINT: They should be fully disabled and without backup, or otherwise have some special reason to fear you more than the Clown)

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

WRECKER 14: Shines-in-Heaven

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 1 Current DR: 1
Belt resources: Power: 1 Medical Units: 1 Air: 0
Tokens:
2 Poison

Augmentations: Limits: 0C 5M
Breed Talent - Venomous Bite: Gain a melee attack mode, 1d6/2 +Poison.
M: Nuclear Arms: +1 damage with melee weapons, +1 per Rad Token, and may use Heavy Weapons without penalty; cannot use missile weapons.

CS Suite II:
Slots: 2
Medical: Automatically spend 1 Med-Unit when damaged

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:
[X]MBC: 1/1 HP, 3DR

The Pertinax drone touched down next to Shines-in-Heaven and disgorged a small, heavily armored creature, which immediately jumped to Shines' side. With that in tow, the Kaiju hollered over to her ally: "I'll be right back, I'll try to draw these guys off of you, so stay tight, alright?" And with that warning she began to jog away.

MOV: Move to 702

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

#5 - Opal Dang-Cobra, Rookie Junker
HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Luxe: 30
DR: DR1 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 2 Power // 2 Air // 0 Scrap
Cyber [3/5]: Eyegear (+1 Upscale) // Magneto-Mantle (Spend 1 Scrap at start of ENC to gain DR 1 for phase) // Adrenal Accelerator On being hit in ENC, next ACT is boosted
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer (1d4/5 +Break, Melee)
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 1 (+1 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [1/2]: [u]GroGutz
(Heal ACT restores +1 HP) // [u]Fabrikit
Repair Synthetic Targets with a Heal ACT
Familiar [1/2]: Torchlight

Opal was uncharacteristically quiet as she checked her comm. But the death-grip she held on her K-Hammer made her feelings quite clear.

"Right. Let's move."

MOV:NW to 805

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

WRECKER 8: Dunk Tuggum

HP: 2/2 Move: 2 (Shift) Scrap: 2 Luxe: 0
DR: 2HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 1 Air // 3 Med // 2 Power // 0 Buff
Hazard Tokens: 1 Warp
Cyber: 1/1
Muts: 2/4
Other: Ruptured 0XYGN8R (Cannot regain Air Units, and all hits will inflict a Burn Token)

Augs posted:

Heuristic Precognizer: Subject may reroll 1 die per Round. [Unused this round]
Prehensile Teratoma: Subject may Reload or Modify Gear as a freeACT; 1 in 6 chance to take a random ACT.
D-Mutation - Dimensional Lens: May be used instead of Cover. Reverses the value of a single die this phase (i.e. 1-3 succeeds and 4 fails on a 1d4).
>[Lvl 2] Subject may spend Warp Tokens to affect a like number of additional dice.

An annoyed Dunk tried to reach for the drone, but a certain something was very intent on anchoring itself (and by extension, Dunk) to the scenery.

"Ya gotz the gripz that W.H.I.P.Z. fuckre.©", the D-Breaker growled as he tried to contort his arms around his back. Eventually, he was able to to land a couple of meaty blows to his prehensile teratoma, which released its grip on one of the rig silo's beams with a squeal. Tuggum clumsily got back on his feet, finally able to reach his delivery drone. Past all the logos for a new Slüus limited edition flavor called The Trap, Dunk spied the tiny, but technically legally mandated symbol for emergency air. Ah, so that was what the hose was for. Dunk disengaged the AuxLungShunt hose from his GobRig with a hiss, only to discover the port didn't match the drone's. The D-Breaker let the hose dangle by his side as he rifled through his bag of hose adapters, eventually finding three that could be daisy-chained together. He screwed everything together and engaged the valves.

There was a loud pop, a smell of ozone and ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Dunk swooced [away], new spider friend in tow. This was not the place to deal with a damaged GobRig.

Theo and BAE can peek I GUESS
MOV: Dunk follows Theo to 122 through the magic of shifting. (142 -> 133 -> 122)

Sponsors: Officially codifying this here: any sponsor that sends a drone to Dunk gets to submit a catchphrase for him to regurgitate. Caveat Emptor. Outstanding: Magitek Mafia x 1, Slüus x 1

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 31, 2020

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
WRECKER 10: Bonny-Anne Elsewhere

HP: 3/3 | Move: 2/2 | DR: 1/1 | Med: 2/3 | Power: 3/3 | Air: 1/3 | Scrap: 0 | Luxe: 0
Mounted: Gamma Enforcer HP: 3/3 | Move: 3/3 | DR: 1/1 | Power: 2/3 | Hatch: Closed
Adrenal Accelerator: When subject is hit during ENC, subject's ACT is Boosted.
Rigspike: A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.

MOV:Aim. At this horror. Once again.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 31, 2020

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
WRECKER 7: Slitherin' Sidious

Rig: 2/3 Power
HP: 2/2 (5/5 Broiler) MV: 4 (2 Broiler) DR: 1 (2 Broiler) HazDR: Burn 2 Hit TN: 4. Luxe: 14
Belt: 0/3 Air, 3/3 Med, 3/3 Power Tokens: 1 Poison
Headhunter: Multiples of 4 = X2 Damage. Penetrator w/Power Attacks. Scan is freeACT.
Cyber (2/2) Mutations (0/3) Utilities (2/2) Weapons (1/2) Armor (1/1) Minions (1/2)
Jacklegz©: +1 MV
Weapon Mount: EZ-Snipe mounted: attacks are upscaled, free to extract, cannot be destroyed while bound to aug.
GroGutz: Loaded. +1 HP restored when using a Heal ACT.
Hazmat-B: Loaded. Burn DR +2

With Pertinax providing Shines some shiny new additional protection - and a Fabrikit safely delivered straight into his pilot seat ("Yep, that's the Concordant Difference.") - Ned took to the horrific's advice and stuck around despite the burning enzymes. His scan of the Cluwne had gotten him a brand new app that was eating up a lot of his suit's processing power, so he skimmed the app's abbreviated user guide... after which his keenly honed hunter's intuition told him that HurtBurn hadn't been stationed on standby just due to a patch of errant hydracarbos.

"<Watch your teeth, Shines. Tried pinging our painted pal and the auto-apper threw me a free detecc for finding clowns in meeps and masses.">

MOV: Aim

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

2. Cyka
Movement to 710.
Bad Gas! Cyka loses 1 Air Unit!
Meaty Slider Charges in pursuit!

3. Vatman Jones
Vatman takes Aim!
Digestive Enzymes! Vatman receives 1 Burn Token!

5. Opal Dang-Cobra
Movement to 805.
Bad Gas! Opal loses 1 Air Unit!
Acolyte enters the hex!
The Late Johnson enters the hex!

6. Acolyte

Sponsor Activity posted:

Concordant spends 44L (10CC, 30A, 4LMB) for SHOTdrone Delivery of Weapon Mod Kit.
Movement to 805.
Bad Gas! Acolyte loses 1 Air Unit!
Opal enters the hex!
The Late Johnson enters the hex!

7. Slitherin' Sidious
Sidious takes Aim!
Digestive Enzymes! Sidious' Broiler receives 1 Burn Token!

Gristlegrinder pursues Shines-in-Heaven SW!
Manburglar pursues Shines-in-Heaven SW!

Death Beacon posted:

8. Dunk Tuggum
Movement to 122.
Bad Gas! Dunk loses 1 Air Unit and gains 1 Poison Token!

Theo enters the hex!
Bounder Charges in pursuit! Its Momentum grants it +2Up!
Sarcophagous Horror enters in pursuit!

10. B.A. Elsewhere
Elsewhere takes Aim!
Digestive Enzymes! Elsewhere's Enforcer receives 1 Burn Token!

Sarcophagous Horror pursues something to the NW!

11. Talcum Bee Buzzem
Movement to 809.
Bad Gas! Talcum gains 1 Poison Token!

12. Theo Reticule
Movement to 122.
Bad Gas! Theo loses 1 Air Unit and gains 1 Poison Token!

Dunk enters the hex!
Bounder Charges in pursuit! Its Momentum grants it +2Up!
Sarcophagous Horror enters in pursuit!

14. Shines-in-Heaven
Movement to 702.
Bad Gas! Shines gains 1 Poison Token!

Gristlegrinder pursues!
Manburglar pursues!

15. Lonán Murder-Birb
Movement to 905.
Bad Gas! Lonán gains 2 Poison Tokens!

16. The Late Johnson
Movement to 805.
Bad Gas! Johnson loses 1 Air Unit!
Acolyte enters the hex!
Opal enters the hex!

:siren: Wreckers, resolve Encounters! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Slüus
Luxe: 5 -> 0
1 Gamma Crate

- Hello, hello, hello wreckers of all stripes!

- I hope this will brighten your day down there.

Buying a new challenge slot for 5L.

New REPEATABLE Challenge:

>Branding(0/5): Permanently etch the Slüus logo on your face.
(By performing a succesful attack on yourself. Can also be performed by an assistant.)

---

>Steal a picnic basket: Steal a picnic basket.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
WRECKER 3: Vatman Jones

(Unctuous Horror)
HP: 2/4[6] Move: 3 Scrap: 01 Luxe: 036
DR: DR2 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 1 Air // 0 Med // 3 Power
Mutation [2/5]: Fibrous Ganglia (LVL1) (Mutation-based attacks are upscaled once per mutation possessed; subjects TN to be hit is 2) // Endosymbiotic Brood (LVL1) (Subject may discard 1 Token of choice per round without effect as a freeACT; AoE attacks are upscaled twice against the subject)
Hazard Tokens:

MINIONS
(1/1 HP)

Vatman Jones closed his eyes as a deluge of enzymes washed over him like a flood, and started to immediately digest him. He fumbled around, blinded, and grabbed something that felt like stray wiring dangling from the meaty roof for support. they did not support his weight.

ENC: Improv Table Roll: 1d6 6
Exposed Conduits! Aim eats Downscale!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

WRECKER 14: Shines-in-Heaven

Shines-in-heaven: HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Scrap: 1 Current DR: 1
Belt resources: Power: 1 Medical Units: 1 Air: 0
Tokens:
3 Poison

Augmentations: Limits: 0C 5M
Breed Talent - Venomous Bite: Gain a melee attack mode, 1d6/2 +Poison.
M: Nuclear Arms: +1 damage with melee weapons, +1 per Rad Token, and may use Heavy Weapons without penalty; cannot use missile weapons.

CS Suite II:
Slots: 2
Medical: Automatically spend 1 Med-Unit when damaged

Item reload status:
-

Retainers&Familiars:
[X]MBC: 1/1 HP, 3DR

Hah, these guys were so predictable. Under Ned's coverfire Shines-in-Heaven quickly scurried back to where she had come from, trusting her new companion to keep her safe along the way.

ENC: Retreat to 601
MBC prioritise defending vs the burglar

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Well aheh. I don't know if this will work, but I want to see it happen.

Spending 5 from Psichonumen to open a new challenge slot - Sea of Fire - set a grease hex on fire

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 2/3 MV: 2
DR: 1 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 4.
Scrap: 02. Luxe: 0
Belt:
0 Air, 3 Med, 2 Power.
Tokens:

Mutations (0/3)
Cyber (1/2)
Charged Myoservos: Subject ignores the first downscale against them in a Round.
Items:
CS Suite I
CS Armor Mod: Loyalty

Weapons:

Items Loaned to "Time Traveler"

Friends:

The gun went pew pew, as Lonan went ew ew. The Nugget could stew stew, for all she cared.

ENC: Coverfire vs Nugget: 1d8 2
Motile Biocover ENC: Bodyguard

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
WRECKER 7: Slitherin' Sidious

Rig: 2/3 Power, +1 Burn
HP: 2/2 (5/5 Broiler) MV: 4 (2 Broiler) DR: 1 (2 Broiler) HazDR: Burn 2 Hit TN: 4. Luxe: 14
Belt: 0/3 Air, 3/3 Med, 3/3 Power Tokens: 1 Poison +1 Poison
Headhunter: Multiples of 4 = X2 Damage. Penetrator w/Power Attacks. Scan is freeACT.
Cyber (2/2) Mutations (0/3) Utilities (2/2) Weapons (1/2) Armor (1/1) Minions (1/2)
Jacklegz©: +1 MV
Weapon Mount: EZ-Snipe mounted: attacks are upscaled, free to extract, cannot be destroyed while bound to aug.
GroGutz: Loaded. +1 HP restored when using a Heal ACT.
Fabrikit: Loaded. Spend Med units to repair synth targets with Heal ACT.
Hazmat-B: Loaded on Saf-T Pal. Burn DR +2

Looked like nobody wanted to tussle with HurtBurn, so all Ned really could do was to just stand around as the wash of dripping enzymes ate away at his rig's paintjob. Unless, of course, he just decided to put one downrange as the enemies chased after Shines-in-Heaven. Would serve 'em right for trying to gang up on the girl and ignoring the sniper.

Sidious eased the seat hatch open and Slitherin'd out, his EZ-Snipe busting up the gut and out the nut as he contorted himself into another excellent targeting solution. He popped off and the Manburglar's head promptly vanished into the kind of smashed-watermelon red spray that camdrones would be capturing in beautiful slow-mo from multiple angles.

Job well done, Ned slurped back his gun noodle.

"rey igh maghin' egh reaghl eaghy todagh," he gargled, before pulling his jaw back in place and trying to ignore the rancid-tasting air he'd also gulped down.

freeENC: Pop Hatch
ENC: EZ-Snipe Manburglar (+Mount, +Aim): 1d12 8 Crit!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
WRECKER 2: Cyka

Cyber (2/4): Bone Lacing 1, Rail Loader 1
HP 3/3
Scrap: 1
Tokens:
Sponsored by Brainfood Upcycled Nootropics. Innovations to ennervate the opposition.

It was too much to hope that the hard-shelled pursuit meatball was busy extricating itself, so Cyka set themselves up along the angle of approach, linking their shotgun into their cyberware. Glancing aside to the Fry Guy, Cyka cheerfully called out,

"Hi there, I'm here to help. Saw you earlier, couldn't come over 'til I'd reduced these chasers to a survivable number. Happy to do what you need, and you have my word I'll give it a shot..."

Tanking the charge, Cyka activated their Rail-loader cyberware, processing their hard-won scrap to make the next shot able to count.

DPM Shotgun on Meaty Slider with penetrator: 1d10 8

"Booyah! So yeah, now I'm free and clear, and able to help out. Although I did use up the last of my oxygen getting here. Got any spare as a gesture of goodwill?"

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

HP: 6/6 MV: 3 DR: 3 HazDR: None. TN to be Hit: 5. Scrap: 03. Luxe: 055
Belt: 0 Air, 0 Med, 0 Power. Tokens: 6 Infest, 1 Rad, 1 Poison. Sponsor: Diamond IAMC.
Hiver (Protean): Access to Hiver Challenge List. +1 to Craft Rolls. ACT: Apiculture a consumable.
Headhunter X-Train: Crit = 2x Damage. Cyber (0/2) Mutations (4/4)
Worm that Walks (B-Vo): Max HP cannot be reduced below # of Infest. Abilities/gear that spend/transfer Infest cost 1 fewer Token.
Lamellar Thorax (B-Vo): +2DR; spend 1 0 Infest for +1DR for the phase. (Always on.)
Nuclear Arms (Lvl2): +1 damage with melee, +1 per Rad Token. No heavy weapon penalty. Missile attacks downscaled twice.
Exo-Propolis (B-Vo): Consume 2 Scrap as an ACT to repair a Map Feature or restore 2 HP to a synth unit, or during a Craft as a Lvl 1 Crafting Component.
SmokeSwarm: Loaded. Downscale & 1d8/2 to units attacking Retreating Unit. 2 1 Infest to reload.
Hydroly-Sis: Loaded. Salvage restores up to 3 Air Units. 2 Scrap to reload.
Kid Squid: 3/3 HP.
Toby the MBC: 1/1 HP 3DR. Default ENC: Bodyguard Kid Squid.

Talcum yeets a steel panel off of the structure with their nuclear arms, uncovering an array of obscurely labeled ports.

Unsure of which will suit their needs, the swarmling splits up to explore them in parallel.

Local Card(s): Fabric8R & Hazard Haggler
ENC: Boost.
Kid Squid "Orders": Boost.
Toby Orders: Bodyguard Kid Squid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 08 Luxe: 33 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 1 -> 0 Power // 0 Air
Hazard Tokens: 1 Poison
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Items: none // Notes: Broken LEKTR0flangR (cannot regain Power Units, all hits inflict Disable1, FullACT: Spend 1 Scrap to repair)

Listen Along: How Deep Is Your Love? - The Rapture

The rig-jacking Junker Theo Reticule jammed along with his music as the powered-up Bounder under his control hopped along the coasts of the grease marsh that contained Bonny-Anne Elsewhere and her Gamma Enforcer. Jacked inside his Gamma Bounder's cockpit, Theo bopped and bobbed his head along with the aural beats and incorporated the impacts from the Bounder's pounding leaps into his dance-like movements. At the very least, the terrain was making the Bounder's landings softer than expected, at the expense of being ten times more slippery. Once you got a good momentum going in one of these greased-up Bounders, though, it was hard to stop.

Everything was going according to plan, too, if you counted Ra Maximum's death as part of the plan. In fact, the 'plan' had gone seriously wrong the moment Ra Maximum had died, but that wasn't the plan currently in question any more. The plan Theo had cooked up after Ra Maximum's death and after the Bounder he'd spiked rebooted itself was to lure said enemy Gamma Bounder away from the Rig Silo, to let Bonny-Anne work her magic on the Carnifex instead - if she so desired.

"Heya, Bonny! - Seeya, Bonny!" Theo said, waving to his rig-comms as his Bounder passed by Bonny-Anne's position waiting in a grease trap. "Watch the baddie-bounder on my tail, would you?"

Without warning, a giant skull emerged from the depths of the grease swamp and opened its maw threateningly. Theo thought he heard the warbling throaty screech of a Horror as the large bony monstrosity propelled itself after Theo and his Bounder in a reptilian sprint.

"G'augh! Shiiiiv!" Theo cursed into the comms. "Guess I gotsta watch my own tail!"

Theo powered up the Gamma Bounder's accelerators a smidge and let the giant lizard give chase while he reviewed his scanners. Apparently, the enemy Bounder did not seem to be enticed by Bonny-Anne and her rig swamped in grease. he did, however, spot Mr. Tuggum's location blip suddenly appear elsewhere up ahead on his minimap.

"Dunk! Good, you made it." Theo exclaimed. "We've got bone-us company: Bonny-Anne's scaly skull-friend, so take cover!"

Things were no longer going according to plan. Dunk was soon to be facing off with two Mutant Manburglars that had been alerted to his presence. On their own those could be dealt with, but with a baddie-Bounder inbound as well as a Sarcophagus Horror on the loose fiending for food, it was anyone's guess how things might turn up. 'Belly-up' was certainly on the table, here.

"Get ready for a trick maneuver!" Theo warned, as his Bounder rushed to the scene of Dunk and the Manburglars by the walls of bone.

Careening along the grease-slicked ground with the Bounder's own momentum, Theo's Bounder suddenly leapt and pivoted mid-leap, landing on its feet facing backwards. On the grease-soaked ground, the Gamma rig slowly decelerated as it slid at high speed towards the walls of bone.

The enemy Bounder, still hot on Theo's tail, wasn't able to stop in the grease slick fast enough in reaction to Theo flipping his rig around.

Theo popped his Bounder's hatch and raised the DPM Shotgun loaded with his last Rigspike round, and fired as the enemy Bounder skidded near. Even if the Gamma rig's pilot saw the attack coming, there was nothing he could do to stop it - nor could he stop the damage from whatever collision they were about to create when both Bounders slammed into this bone wall ahead.

Theo took a deep breath and pulsed his nerves with relaxants and painkillers in advance of the impact. Would he be ready to eject when the time was right? Only time would tell.

Encounter:
> Theo performs a Pop Hatch order, (which takes place after the enemy Bounder's Charge)!
> Rigspike with DPM Shotgun vs Bounder!: 1d12 10 - Hit! 0 damage +Disable3 onto enemy Bounder!

Sponsors: Didja like that play, Sponsors? I swear, I feel like I've been treading water lately, so a little help might be in order. Stay tuned! I'm probably going to ask for something very soon, once the dust here has settled!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 1, 2020