Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmT1l5CUfgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i hear it's just a front for QAnon cells

Pistol_Pete posted:

They're the McDonald's of Japanese cuisine.

(Except much more expensive.)

it all makes perfect sense

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Cyril Sneeer posted:

solefald i know you. I would like to ask wat sushi is like? Is it as horrible as i imagine?

it is a very varied genre of food

i like maki rolls. i started off liking cucumber maki as a snack. i like avocado maki but am pretty sure its not authentic

from there i started to like tuna maki, then duck gyoza, then trying more things like teriyaki chicken and katsu

a lot of people are put off by the idea of eating raw fish but most places will now have options to use other meat and after you try a few dishes you get used to the palette and then it kind of just works

sushi is nice and yo sushi is a nice, relatively inexpensive place to try things

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

yo sushi upset me when they stopped the crispy salmon skin rolls

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

also £2.30 for a can of coke lol

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now you do wat they told ya?

wnow you do what rthen told you

now you do what they told you

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I once made sushi rolls with hotdog in the middle, partly to see what it would be like and partly to disgust this thread.
They were alright but I haven't bothered making them since.

Takoyaki are amazing but I never let them cool down enough so end up scorching my mouth

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Cyril Sneeer posted:

now you do wat they told ya?

wnow you do what rthen told you

gently caress YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

freelop posted:

I once made sushi rolls with hotdog in the middle, partly to see what it would be like and partly to disgust this thread.
They were alright but I haven't bothered making them since.

Takoyaki are amazing but I never let them cool down enough so end up scorching my mouth

tinned hotdogs?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Looke posted:

tinned hotdogs?

Yep

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

aw no, mods do something about this

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

every day we stray further from the honor of our ancestors

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I like fish, but I have no interest in eating sushi

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looke posted:

gently caress YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

killing in the name of

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I just got dressed to go to b&q, then discovered that I already have a 3” paintbrush. Phew no going outside for me today

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
If you like yo sushi, they quite often dump free food on TooGoodToGo. (It's not like they can save it for another day, so rather than waste it.) Or they always used to pre covid, who knows now. So yeah if you have one near you...

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Whorelord posted:

I like fish, but I have no interest in eating sushi

sushi is very good

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Isomermaid posted:

If you like yo sushi, they quite often dump free food on TooGoodToGo. (It's not like they can save it for another day, so rather than waste it.) Or they always used to pre covid, who knows now. So yeah if you have one near you...

Is that app more stable now? When I first moved to London they had ads all over the place and when I tried it in the middle of London it was like "lol cannot find restaurants go gently caress yourselves" and the Google Play Store comments were pretty mixed.

The idea of buying food cheap and reducing waste sounded like a p. swell deal.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
the magic otherworldlyness of sushi undone in a couple of pictures.

its just some food and not great

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
People with patios: what types of slabs are good? Builder recommended Indian sandstone. I have scrolled through hundreds of identical photos of patio slabs, they're all nicer than my current hellscape garden of rubble and fox poo.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lady Demelza posted:

People with patios:

oh gosh

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Imagine being grossed out by sushi in tyool 20202 loool

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sashimi is the cocaine of food. I can wolf that poo poo down in seconds, much to the detriment of my wallet.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lady Demelza posted:

People with patios: what types of slabs are good? Builder recommended Indian sandstone. I have scrolled through hundreds of identical photos of patio slabs, they're all nicer than my current hellscape garden of rubble and fox poo.

Who have you murdered?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lady Demelza posted:

People with patios: what types of slabs are good?

:dudsmile:

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fridge corn posted:

Imagine being grossed out by sushi in tyool 20202 loool

imagine your hair falling out. Oh, wait... rejected by your own follicles lol?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pick the one that looks closest to what you want and is within budget. Don't just go with whatever they managed to nick a load of from the last job.

This applies to both patios and sushi.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Lady Demelza posted:

Thats what I've got. Lots of variety in colour, bits of mineral vein here and there and roughly finished. Looks even better wet. slabs in 300mm steps so 300x300 smallest up to 900x600 at the largest in an irregular pattern with no 'crossroads' in the joints.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/9zmQOII.mp4

e:

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 28, 2020

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I just got a phonebook through my letterbox. Not seen one in years. How do you even get on it and why would you?

There weren't any Sarah Connors I checked

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i am lookin @ houses but every time we send a link to my dad he points out a huge flaw, like how it backs onto a pub garden, or the roof is made of asbestos

like i am glad because obviously i would prefer to find this out before buying, but also man buying a house is complicated

buying a house to live in obv, alab etc

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

landowner

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

asbestos, much like goons, only becomes a problem if you try to interact with it in any way

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I looked at the process of buying a house in here and it sounds :effort: as gently caress but good luck finding a house that doesn't have asbestos if it's not built like in the last 10 years.

As geology student, I remember the time in a lab our prof was like, "try not to break this container of pure natural asbestos minerals if you don't want to die from lung cancer", good times.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kecske posted:

asbestos, much like goons, only becomes a problem if you try to interact with it in any way

also much like goons, you no longer need to worry about it if it's buried under a patio

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Galewolf posted:

I looked at the process of buying a house in here and it sounds :effort: as gently caress but good luck finding a house that doesn't have asbestos if it's not built like in the last 10 years.

https://youtu.be/ykm3GI1oTnQ

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Bart is the contractors who built all those council houses irl.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Galewolf posted:

As geology student, I remember the time in a lab our prof was like, "try not to break this container of pure natural asbestos minerals if you don't want to die from lung cancer", good times.

when i was in australia i went to a national park to do a hike and one of the trails was closed because they'd found natural asbestos

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

:australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I was trying to remember one of the professors said about asbestos and tac because in their natural forms they look quite similar and yeah, talc products (like baby powder) can contain asbestos. I think it is tested now during production but yikes.