Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I forgot about the balloon boy. Genuinely well thought out and unique stunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Wasn't there a string of cattle mutilations in the PANW as well? Not to mention whoever was going around Kentucky hunting horses last year...

There's been a bunch of horse killings around Houston recently too. News reports suggest they're being butchered for meat, which I guess doesn't preclude ritualistic practice?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

sleeptalker posted:

There's been a bunch of horse killings around Houston recently too. News reports suggest they're being butchered for meat, which I guess doesn't preclude ritualistic practice?

rustling is back in a big way

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bip Roberts posted:

I forgot about the balloon boy. Genuinely well thought out and unique stunt.

Balloon Boy was the perfect hit of harmless schadenfreude and I for one think we need more of it. Unlike human trafficking and slave rape, that was actually funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBrxLTjuE-M&t=70s

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

where in that article is anything about a double wide trailer?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

*extreme Dale Gribble voice*
They're not "missing" if other authorities abducted them to begin with.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah they weren't all found in a double-wide trailer, this is multiple different cases at once and a lot of it is parental kidnapping

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

remember that house the protesters found where there was bloody childrens underwear in the van and local missing kid in the house and the cops snuck out the house owners and other people, and some "protester" burned the house down, and absolutely nothing came of it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gh0stpinballa posted:

remember that house the protesters found where there was bloody childrens underwear in the van and local missing kid in the house and the cops snuck out the house owners and other people, and some "protester" burned the house down, and absolutely nothing came of it

Milwaukee, yeah?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

nut posted:

Anyone remember those resources someone posted about all the weirdness at the North Pole? I know, I know.
The Youtube video about it being a jettisoned space blanket satisfied me, it's under 10 pages back, video about cryptids.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tubgoat posted:

The Youtube video about it being a jettisoned space blanket satisfied me, it's under 10 pages back, video about cryptids.

yep. "black knight" is just a dang ol' thermal wrap that some astronauts fumbled during a spacewalk

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

There's another group of conspiracy theories about a satellite that's been sitting above the north pole, or sometimes between the moon and earth, that's been sending out radio signals for decades (sometimes thousands of years), and communicated with Tesla and etc. Then NASA puts out the space junk pictures and it looks kind of black and pointy, so that bundle of conspiracies all got packaged and re-branded as the Black Knight Satellite.

So like, the Black Knight part itself is easily debunked but the larger "ancient monitoring satellite" aspect at least has a little more to chew over if you're bored. Here's some completely unsourced facts:
http://www.ancient-code.com/20-facts-black-knight-satellite/

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

The Saucer Hovers posted:

all that stuff is an outgrowth of Raymond Palmer- he popularized the notion of the modern flying saucer with his newsletters and pulp media but was never satisfied with giving the reigns to the public imagination. he NEEDED the saucers to come from inside his "hollow earth" theory because his other cash cow, Richard Shaver and his psychic Deros, were located below ground.

his hovering disk cinematic universe just couldnt onboard outer space

this stuff in particular bugs me because of the "center of gravity 400 miles down" thing. you can straight up mathematically prove that for a mass located within a shell, the net gravitational force exerted on the mass by the shell is zero - newton did this centuries ago. as a consequence, the laws of the goddamn universe require that everything on the interior here would fall into the "inner sun." loving conspiracies, make your crap more scientifically plausible :argh:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

now yall are getting into "Watchers" territory

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Due to orbital mechanics and basic Newtonian physics, a satellite cannot be in a geostationary polar orbit, being that the earth does not spin that direction.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The Career Day episode of Invader Zim was more of a documentary than anything Ken Burns has ever put together.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1299568638958149633

nut
Jul 30, 2019

ya well maybe remind those other inmates that they aren't about to choke themselves out for good :colbert:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

they probably waited until the lawyer tested positive for covid before letting him in lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Wasabi the J posted:

Due to orbital mechanics and basic Newtonian physics, a satellite cannot be in a geostationary polar orbit, being that the earth does not spin that direction.

well, not with that attitude

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Too bad "Hollow Earth" is consistently presented as Earth literally being a hollowed-out Halo-style ringworld on the inside with a tiny sun in the middle. Serious Narnia vibes. The Admiral Byrd stuff is trash too, but I'm not sure whether these were meant to intentionally mislead or discredit the underlying notion.

There are likely huge caverns within the crust of the Earth beyond what are publicly known (not necessarily kept secret, perhaps just undiscovered/unexplored). Caves never interested me until I started reading into them a little bit. They are huge and they are deep beyond what popular imagination suggests. I don't think "aliens" live in the Earth's crust but all of the descriptions and misattributions to a Hollow Earth are most likely a misunderstanding of real actual caves all over the world (the idea of an entrance at the North Pole is somewhat ridiculous to me personally given that the entire area is underwater- the Bentley Subglacial Trench in Antarctica, on the other hand... :tinfoil:). A couple of years ago there was some noise about underground oceans, that there are indeed large pockets of water within the Earth's crust- I will have to look into it again for credible links- as with anything else, this is all intended as speculation

In any case, I feel like Hollow Moon is more likely tbh. Anyway, I don't want this to get buried:

Guess you don't have to put any effort into finding out who did it! What a relief! gently caress YOU "Darby Kirby"

I remember learning about the hollow earth theory and the US air force base near the opening in the Arctic from Pravda.ru back in the mid to late 90s

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

the milk machine posted:

well, not with that attitude

Exactly.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
google "vril society" and enter the hollow earth.

black sun rising!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

https://twitter.com/anarchofficial/status/1277581995074367488?s=19

Lmao

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

My comrade and I work at a hotel and I'd put even money on us, as individual workers, being directly criminally-liable should we fail to notice anyone getting trafficked.

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/1300031214015967232?s=21

quote:

The protests have also gained support from Robert F Kennedy Jr. The anti-vaccination campaigner, also the son of assassinated US Democratic presidential hopeful Robert F Kennedy and nephew of assassinated US President John F Kennedy, was at the demonstration in Berlin.

Photos shared online also showed flags and slogans linked to the conspiracy theory QAnon.

I know QAnon is obsessed with JFKjr, but I am delighted to learn that RFKjr is now in the mix

https://twitter.com/robertkennedyjr/status/1299439789742198785?s=21

quote:

Kennedy is the chairman of Children's Health Defense (formerly the World Mercury Project), an advocacy group alleging that a large proportion of American children are suffering from conditions as diverse as autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, food allergies, cancer, and autoimmune diseases due to exposure to certain chemicals and radiation. The Children's Health Defense has blamed and campaigned against vaccines, fluoridation of drinking water, paracetamol (acetaminophen), aluminum, wireless communications, and others. Kennedy's group has been identified as one of two major buyers of anti-vaccine Facebook advertising in late 2018 and early 2019.

this is great because we have multiple conspiracy theories just melting into each other

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lmao that the Kennedys are all either dead or insane

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Lokar posted:

this is great because we have multiple conspiracy theories just melting into each other

RFK Jr. basically being a Bircher/General Jack Ripper is great!

gradenko_2000 posted:

lmao that the Kennedys are all either dead or insane

Always have been.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

germany has a serious nazi problem, they have infiltrated all levels of the police and civil service. caches of weapons etc etc. gladio 2.0, deep state 2.0.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

germany has a serious nazi problem, they have infiltrated all levels of the police and civil service. caches of weapons etc etc. gladio 2.0, deep state 2.0.

I dont listen or read much radio war nerd but I did see one of their newsletters about the gray wolves, which are an overt Turkish neo nazi faction throughout Europe (over a million supports in turkey) that seems to just get ignored as a potential problem

in addition to all the very serious and real crimes they have committed like massacres, they have also committed the cultural crime of trying to steal the NWO hand gesture. the wrestling NWO, that is

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Lokar posted:

I know QAnon is obsessed with JFKjr, but I am delighted to learn that RFKjr is now in the mix...
Loved seeing acetaminophen on the list; it’s objectively terrible and kills at least 400 Americans a year. Far more than any vaccine boondoggle I can think of.

Tubgoat posted:

My comrade and I work at a hotel and I'd put even money on us, as individual workers, being directly criminally-liable should we fail to notice anyone getting trafficked.

More likely to get charged if you DO report it apparently.

The Chad Jihad posted:

Yeah they weren't all found in a double-wide trailer, this is multiple different cases at once and a lot of it is parental kidnapping

Yeah, my guess is that a lot of retail-level Bad Stuff Involving Children will get more attention (good) but will be reported to sound like q poo poo going down. Q idiots are the last base Trump has left and he needs to give them something (that doesn’t implicate him).

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

nut posted:

I dont listen or read much radio war nerd but I did see one of their newsletters about the gray wolves, which are an overt Turkish neo nazi faction throughout Europe (over a million supports in turkey) that seems to just get ignored as a potential problem

in addition to all the very serious and real crimes they have committed like massacres, they have also committed the cultural crime of trying to steal the NWO hand gesture. the wrestling NWO, that is

one rumour is the grey wolves helped italian gladio cell plan the assassination of the pope in the 1970s.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Remulak posted:

More likely to get charged if you DO report it apparently.

Only if you report someone like epstein or craig spence, the whole hotel anti trafficking hysteria is there so whites will report non whites to ICE and so that any prostitutes trying to make a living get funneled to the cops who will exploit that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gh0stpinballa posted:

one rumour is the grey wolves helped italian gladio cell plan the assassination of the pope in the 1970s.

is there a good source to read up on this?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

StashAugustine posted:

is there a good source to read up on this?

no source per se just that the perp, mehmet, was a member of GW and counter guerilla (turk state sponsored fascist paramilitaries), both gladio adjuncts, but the key contention is whether mehmet was acting at their direction and therefore Turkey's direction or whether he went off the reservation.

he also repented and became a roman catholic in later life lmao

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gh0stpinballa posted:

no source per se just that the perp, mehmet, was a member of GW and counter guerilla (turk state sponsored fascist paramilitaries), both gladio adjuncts, but the key contention is whether mehmet was acting at their direction and therefore Turkey's direction or whether he went off the reservation.

he also repented and became a roman catholic in later life lmao

we're all on board with jp1 being murdered right?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

every single Pope that didn't resign was murdered

you don't get access to that kind of knowledge without accepting the costs

nut
Jul 30, 2019

In good faith of returning to the focus of this thread, I tried to do a little work look at the background Peter Nygard, who is Canada's answer to Jeffrey.

Nygard immigrated to Canada when he was 11ish with his folks from Helsinki. He got a business degree at the University of North Dakota in '64, then returned to Manitoba and started working for T. Eaton Co. Ltd. The Eaton family is industrial royalty in Canada and Nygard was working overseeing house furnishings in a $10 million dollar business for them. In 1966, he somehow convinced the owner of a Manitoba fashion company Jacob Fashions (the owner was Nathan Jacob) to give the reins and see how it goes. Nathan Jacob didn't have any sons to inherit the business and so he let Nygard take a stab at leadership. By sourcing cheap fabric from the East and focusing on women's fast fashion, in a couple years Nygard had completely bought ownership and rescued the failing company.

This story above is from MaCleans magazine archive and is a little different than how Nygard tells the story on his own site (which is repeated on all modern articles about him). Nygard says he took his whole savings (only 8k!) and a loan to buy 20% of Jacob Fashions and then years later owned the company, renaming it to "Tan Jay".

Regardless, maybe that's just some businessman grandstanding. Now comes all horror :(

Nygard since the 80s has pretty regularly faced/settled accusations of sex abuse, grooming, and rape from underage and of-age women that have worked for him or appeared at his parties. In 1987, he built a giant home "compound" in the Bahamas (not a good sign) called Nygard Cay where accusations of trafficking and sexual abuse seem pretty constant at what he calls "pamper parties". Girls would be flown there on Nygard's "N-Force" jet where, upon boarding, their passports would be held. Visitors include Michael Jackson, Oprah, DeNiro and Prince Andrew, of course. Much of this resurfaced this year because his Bahamas neighbour, a billionaire hedge-funder Louis Bacon, loving hates Nygard and even has accused Nygard of trying to have Bacon killed for reporting his improprieties at his parties. Nygard accuses Bacon of a fire that broke out at Nygard Cay and blocking his rebuilding expansion, which would require dredging the protected waterfront.

The waters have been muddied with woman who have come out to accuse and later recant their stories, explaining that they were paid and coached by Bacon's lawyers, but since the 80s, claims against Nygard far outweigh these recantations and go beyond his more recent beefs with Bacon.

Other horrifying stories include two of Nygard's sons (he has 7 children with 4 women) suing him over him hiring prostitutes to sleep with the sons while they were underage.

There's a pretty thorough NYT story on it but I can only seem to access the whole thing on my phone, hopefully this link works if you're interested.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/22/world/americas/peter-nygard-louis-bacon.html

If that doesn't work this Insider article has some other crazy details

https://www.insider.com/canadian-millionaire-fashion-designer-accused-of-trafficking-for-sex-parties-2020-2

Insider article posted:

To create this database, which dated back to the late '80s and included information on about 7,500 underage girls and women, upon arriving at the gated Nygard Cay property each of the potential victims was required to "register" with Nygard International's event planning team.

They had to provide their name, phone number, email address, and the name of the person who invited them to the party. Then the women and girls were required to pose for a full-body photograph and headshot, according to the suit.

I was hoping looking into his meteoric rise in fashion would provide some insight into how he sudden got so much influence and money, but I can't get much.

e: Nygard even shows strange transhumanism tendencies like Epstein. Nygard is a big proponent and customer for stem cell injections to combat aging.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

nut posted:

I was hoping looking into his meteoric rise in fashion would provide some insight into how he sudden got so much influence and money, but I can't get much.

TrueAnon talks about him a bit in one episode- apparently "jeggings" were part of how he gained his fortune? I don't think I've ever seen a human wear these, though. Not knowingly, anyway. Why would it take a Swede living in Canada to invent these and why would anyone buy them from such a guy?

Allegedly there had been talk of his doings for a long time in the city and it just wasn't something that was politely discussed- I think the nature of his crimes prevented anyone wanting to think too much about it beyond the allusion and "he's a bad guy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Regulus74 posted:

Only if you report someone like epstein or craig spence, the whole hotel anti trafficking hysteria is there so whites will report non whites to ICE and so that any prostitutes trying to make a living get funneled to the cops who will exploit that.

If I see ICE, I'm voting like my life depends on it.