Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Whew, Run 8 down. I don't think I'll try to squeeze another one in, 8 is kinda my yearly limit lol. Took all 8 runs and some job fair, but I've managed to use all 20 jobs again

ultrafilter posted:

Same :toxx: as last year. Use all twenty regular jobs and I'll donate $20 plus your job fair expenses (up to the total price of one of each regular job). Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon. There is no requirement to do this in exactly five runs, but more than that is a lot of FFV.

And job fair expenses (total $18):

https://twitter.com/SereneDragon3/status/1294247094941880320?s=20

https://twitter.com/SereneDragon3/status/1282001847088226304?s=20

https://twitter.com/SereneDragon3/status/1279233454891307009?s=20

https://twitter.com/SereneDragon3/status/1276967195457867776?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Planning a big streaming event tomorrow for a new Fiesta run, decided to just do a regular #Chaos run instead of anything too crazy because I was lukewarm on what my first run this year gave me... first roll is Geomancer :negative:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

UZworm posted:

Planning a big streaming event tomorrow for a new Fiesta run, decided to just do a regular #Chaos run instead of anything too crazy because I was lukewarm on what my first run this year gave me... first roll is Geomancer :negative:

congrats on really easy random encounters!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I decided that I really wanted a second Aegis shield, so I ended up doing Rugwizard with Freelancer + Bard.

That was painful.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nemo2342 posted:

I decided that I really wanted a second Aegis shield, so I ended up doing Rugwizard with Freelancer + Bard.

That was painful.

Would’ve been less painful to just thief knife an Aegis from the back end of the Rift. The only times you should kill Rugwizard are if you have the tools to kill rugwizard or if you really, really don’t want to reroll Mime or an Advance class but are also playing on a clean/uncheated version of the game. The second free Aegis isn’t worth the stress, Monks are still bad even with Kaiser Knuckles, and there is basically no instance where the Titan’s Axe outdamages the Rune Axe.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 28, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

Would’ve been less painful to just thief knife an Aegis from the back end of the Rift. The only times you should kill Rugwizard are if you have the tools to kill rugwizard or if you really, really don’t want to reroll Mime or an Advance class but are also playing on a clean/uncheated version of the game. The second free Aegis isn’t worth the stress, Monks are still bad even with Kaiser Knuckles, and there is basically no instance where the Titan’s Axe outdamages the Rune Axe.

I didn't know that I could steal one in the Rift, or I might have tried that instead. I made things harder by going in with the Bonemail; I didn't realize that with 2 people the Rugwizard would only drain the character without the mail yet consistently bounce Curas onto the person with the mail. At least buffing speed + strength made things much better once I switched over to aggressively bouncing mage masher procs and smacking him in the face with the Excalibur.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

oldskool posted:

congrats on really easy random encounters!

I ended up with the incredibly strange niche team of Geo - Samurai - Mystic Knight - Chemist and random encounters are all either the easiest thing ever or the worst day of my life.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Thanks to the power of music (and getting my Berserk mini'ed) I finally knuckled down and finished my run.

After how rough some of the random encounters could be, it was very cathartic to go into Neo Exdeath so hopped up on tunes that he barely got 1 attack off.

Ensis
Nov 13, 2003
On the banks of the Red Cedar...
Never again will I fall for your registration tricks, Gilgabot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I'm weak and the grind for Mirror Rings in Barrier Tower killed my enthusiasm weeks ago and now I'm almost certainly never going to finish up the second half of the game...
Submitted my forfeit :20bux:, which at least brings my total close to if I'd died the "maximum" number of times. Best of luck on people's insane last minute runs!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Thanks to all my Level 5 Death brethren! tbh i lost the file i was keeping track of the runners with and i'm not in a position to re-read the thread at the moment so idk if we even reached 10 but who cares it's for charity

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Use a gmail draft. No chance of losing that.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Cerebulon posted:

I'm weak and the grind for Mirror Rings in Barrier Tower killed my enthusiasm weeks ago and now I'm almost certainly never going to finish up the second half of the game...
Submitted my forfeit :20bux:, which at least brings my total close to if I'd died the "maximum" number of times. Best of luck on people's insane last minute runs!

FWIW your team definitely didn't need reflect rings for W2 Exdeath* and probably didn't need them for the Crystals either.

*Offer not valid for steam/mobile

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nemo2342 posted:

I didn't know that I could steal one in the Rift, or I might have tried that instead.

Yeah, they're the rare steal off of Gorgimeras, the chimera-looking things in the last part of the Void.

I should really get my Literally Free Triple Crown done, but somehow one of the strongest setups I've had in fiesta history (MYS/RNG/CHM/RDM) has hit all of my :effort: buttons.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Despite having Summoner/Chemist/Black Mage/Dancer, I couldn't be bothered to Triple Crown. Too much RNG on Omega at this point in time. Only four runs this year but that's fine!

Anyway, toxxes!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm running behind on it but I :toxx: that I will pay $.01 per rod broken, and $.10 per speed trap, up to $50, as tracked on the Discord.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:toxx:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.

Carbybot tells me:

83 Speed Trap victims for $8.30.
2250 rods broken for $22.50

My notes tell me:
23 T-rex kills without undead abuse: $23.

For a grand total of $75! Don't worry about the math, it's something to do with magic I'm sure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Right, I should do mine.

PMush Perfect posted:

I have a thing! I got money, so let's use some of it for something good.

:toxx:

Over the next... let's say couple weeks, it'll be a bit before I can get my check in, I'm going to give $0.10 for every Fat Chocobo summoned. The command .chonk will now count on Carbybot, using the same syntax as the existing rod counter, so use that. I will do this up to, let's say, $30. I will also add $1 for every picture posted of a player hitting NED with a Fat Chocobo. (Only one per run, obviously.) That max will be $20.

I am also putting a $10 bounty of video proof of someone killing NED with a Fat Chocobo. This one's been claimed!

173 Fat Chocobo calls: $17.30

And I don't feel like going back to count the exact number of images there are in the Discord over the past two months, so let's just highball it and say it maxed out at the full $20. So, using the same math as Admiral, that brings us to...

I think? Yeah, that seems right.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 29, 2020

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

As is tradition:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

FJF broke $24k making this the most raised during FJF ever :toot:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Holy poo poo, that rules!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Jose Valasquez posted:

FJF broke $24k making this the most raised during FJF ever :toot:

:swoon: Awesome. Love the causes RK chose this year.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just want to say I haven't forgot my toxxes and I'll update on Sept 1st

DrOnline
Oct 21, 2007
Victory! First playthrough/ fiesta. Didn't try to take on the extra bosses but next year. As for NED, he got a whole lot easier once I realized everybody could spam quick for extra turns/ big gil tossing.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

DrOnline posted:

Victory! First playthrough/ fiesta. Didn't try to take on the extra bosses but next year. As for NED, he got a whole lot easier once I realized everybody could spam quick for extra turns/ big gil tossing.

If you have a time mage the triple crown is literally free

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013
I finished 6 runs this year. I did less than last year but at least I went out of my way to fufill some dumb toxxes.
Run 6: Dancer/Bard/(JobFaired!Samurai)/Berserker part 2 (refer to my last post for me killing Adamantoise and Archeoaevis with 4 Bards for that toxx):

I honestly forgot if these were fully paid out already-

Aerdan posted:

The Skald :toxx:
$1 per run, up to $20, for each run wherein a Bard hits an enemy with an axe.

I know it's $1 per run but I had to- if only for consistency of every other toxx I went and fulfilled via triple crowns:

palindrome posted:

:toxx: I'll pledge $50 each for the first 2 people ($100 total) that can submit a post neo-exdeath "THE END" party screen where all four party members that have the same amount of EXP. :toxx:

I realize while posting this I did not go out of my way to master every ability on everyone :eng99:

I also forgot to go into the Trench for that toxx. :(

Anyway on my end-

(As an aside I finished 4 series and started watching a 5th during this fiesta season :sweatdrop:)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Well, I started my third run, Chaos about 45 to 50 days ago and then let it languish right before adamantoise. I burnt myself out grinding shells and too many dark matters.

Today I picked it back up to try to finish it and through the power of Chemistry and Break Rod I finished it in a day and got a triple crown.

Run 3: Chemist / Berserker / Time Mage / Red Mage

Omega I just quickleaked. I didn't feel up to fighting the robot as a solo chemist.

Shinryu I berserked, blinded, and then let Faris do big hits with a rune axe at lvl 99.

NED was the old "make yourself immortal fighting TreeDeath before unloading" I turned Faris into a frog so she couldn't hurt TreeDeath while I buffed everyone up. The moment I turned her back to normal she did a 9999 Rune Axe hit and the rest was history. Ate a grand cross, Faris became a zombie and Lenna became old. No big deal I had plenty of holy water. Ran real low on turtle shells though.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Managed to finish my run on the last day. I totally forgot all about it. Thankfully I had stopped playing just before entering the rift.

Exdeath got Syldra'd to death.

Shinryu got berserked and kissed to death while golem protected me.

Here was my team

Pretty easy run, as any run with Chemist and Summoner should be.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

I only got two runs down this year, and I doubt I'm going to get around to taking out Shin or Omega with this team, so screw it, I think I'm done.

Also, I think it's about time I called my own :toxx: 10 people completed it, for $5 per run.

Congrats and good work to everyone who gave it a go.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

The Perfect Crime
:toxx: $20 up to a maximum of $200 for each person who can show me,

Post one screenshot showing your classes. You cannot use a thief at any time during this challenge.
Post one screenshot showing your item list containing the following items:
1. Titan's Glove
2. Genji Armor
3. Kornago Gourd (or 2 if you have a beastmaster)
4. 3 Gold Hairpins

(Reminder: There is a gold hairpin in Barrier Tower, and one in the Pyramid, don't forget to pick them up.)

I basically ran this down to the wire, but I got it done.

Yay? I think yay.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

sandball posted:

I basically ran this down to the wire, but I got it done.

Yay? I think yay.

Yay!

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1300645375502671873

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

TheWonderTrickster posted:

I realize while posting this I did not go out of my way to master every ability on everyone :eng99:

That toxx filled up but I said I'd cover one more if anyone else completed it, so...

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Did you get mine from a while back?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924377&perpage=40&noseen=1#post506598081

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

No, I’ll get it tonight.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Actually, gently caress it. :toxx: $10 for everyone who quadzerks sandworm (up to $50)

Poque posted:

How the gently caress did I quadzerk the sandworm at level 44

with nobody dying

Zerilan posted:

Finally made myself attempt the Quadzerks.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

E: And As I moan And Complain

Jose Valasquez posted:

I got bored after finishing the ultrafilter toxx

That's 4/5 on my toxx, did I miss anyone/any more takers?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1300921165825945607

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I was too late to donate my money through FJF so I hope you don't mind that I rounded my toxxes up to $50 and donated them directly to the ColorOfChange charity (the charity FJF supported this year)

It was awesome to see everyone's surgical kills and I really am stumped at how a surgical triple crown is even possible. How did you do it?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Dang, donations are closed? I'll just do the same.

$50 for the quadzerk challenge. Thanks Poque, Zerilan, Rigged Death Trap, Jose Valasquez, and myself I guess.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

donated directly as well since I forgot to do so during the run. another fun year! hopefully not the last..

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TheHoosier posted:

donated directly as well since I forgot to do so during the run. another fun year! hopefully not the last..

Unless RK stops running it or I just completely fall off the face of the earth, we'll be here next year too. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
We got some sort of Autumn event coming up though hopefully it's a fun autumn event.