Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sal stop trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
thank you Sal

##vote byers again or even tobbs

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

SalTheBard posted:

It's not anything personal to you. You are still my friend!

huzzah! Was hopeful there were no bad feelings :).

Byers2142 posted:

It almost sounds like something Ecco might have said? But I think it's a little too absolute, and in this case can be used to shut down discussion too easily because it lets anyone avoid questioning by saying, "No, you scum."

Maybe. I think the inverse is more true. If someone thinks you're scum, don't bother engaging with them, because there isn't anything that you're going to be able to do to change their mind by engaging with them. Instead engage with others and let your actions speak for you.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah this exactly. You can’t just not respond to stuff on D1 because you’ve decided someone pressing you is scum. Getting frustrated and walking away a bit is fine though

That's a pretty big step away from what Sal said though. They said they wouldn't engage with ME because they think I am scum. Not that they wouldn't engage with anyone.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Sal if you actually turn out to be scum just know that i'll be really mad to the point of punching the air in front of my screen really hard for what your are doing rn

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Sal if you actually turn out to be scum just know that i'll be really mad to the point of punching the air if front of my screen really hard for what your are doing rn

careful that's how you accidentally punch your screem

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
where the h*eck is mr. steak

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

Sal if you actually turn out to be scum just know that i'll be really mad to the point of punching the air in front of my screen really hard for what your are doing rn

Not sure I get this position? The only thing scum shouldn't do is play upon out of game feelings about real life for sympathy...anytthing else is fair game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Jon Joe posted:

where the h*eck is mr. steak

Steak checked out after sending me Influence to show how little he cares about Influence. You should vote him.

I encoyrage everyone to read Steak, then vote him.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

In Fate/Stay I made a huge mistake of appealing emotionally (although to be fair I was going through some poo poo) and I felt terrible about it afterwards. I can get fired up and emotional or whatever but I'm not going to use that to avoid being cuddled.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Amnistar posted:

Not sure I get this position? The only thing scum shouldn't do is play upon out of game feelings about real life for sympathy...anytthing else is fair game.

:thejoke:

I believe Sal and thus believe Sal is town, so if Sal is scum doing the thing you just mentioned scum shouldn't do, then I'll smash my computer into my TV and also topple my dresser over in rage

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

want to clarify for me then? I was and am confused by it

I HATE FLAVOR poo poo. However ->

My read:

Cpig posted:

An ancient artifact known as the Ankaran Sarcophagus is at the center of recent tensions between the vampire sects, The Camarilla, The Sabbat, and The Anarchs. There's also the poor sad Mortals, manipulated and used in the clandestine wars of the other three.

This sounds like each of the Camarilla, Sabbat, and Anarchs are in the game as some scum or third party alignment. When I originally read this part of the op, I thought that the scum team would be all three of these people together. That doesn't make any sense at all when you actually read the flavor stuff.

If you assume multiple scum teams, Sal's behavior to not scum hunt at all makes less sense as a member of one scum team and more sense as town. That is, if there are multiple scum teams, then each team has less team members than if there is one scum team and are less likely to bus and less likely to let someone die on the vine. His team would be pushing him in scum chat to participate because they can't afford to lose him.

He just... looks like frustrated town I have to admit.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I mean, I guess there could be a situation where one of those vampire groups is the 'scum team,' another is a single SK, and the third is some other third party win condition, so the 'scum team' is really just the one... but that doesn't really fit the flavor.

AND I HATE THIS LINE OF DISCUSSION

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
merk, you were on Steak early, but switched to Sal later. Can I interest you in returning to a Steak vote?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This kind of throws my day so far into a muck because everyone should be scum hunting. For example, GG sitting on the sidelines as scum doesn't make a ton of sense if there are multiple scum teams because he can just hunt for the other scum people.

I am going to look again with a different lens here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

Sal's behavior to not scum hunt at all

You keep saying this, but like...

HERE ARE SAL'S SCUM READS, A RESPONSE TO JON JOE

Amnistar - #1 with a bullet. Amnistar took an obvious joke post, twisted it around to imply I was saying something I wasn't and that pretty much started the chain. I also wasn't wild about this post from Amnistar either:

Amnistar posted:

This post pings me. Sal made it easy to vote steak before the game started, new joke makes me think sal is self conscious about their appearences. Please note this for later.

I pretty much said before the game that I was going to be voting for Steak D1 (this is a joke related to Awful Survivor that Amnistar, myself and Steak (and Sandwolf as well) played in. Steak was a thorn in Amnistar and I's side for the back half of the game (and directly lead to Amnistar getting voted out) so the fact that Amnistar would tag that post out of all of them to start poo poo is very curious to me.

Gumball Gumption - Wasn't even on my radar until they made this post:

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nah, I just didn't have any energy for big posts. I still don't but if you want reads my 3 most suspicious are: cheese sandwich, Rarity, and SalTheBard.

It was like they looked at votefinder, decided to be suss on the top 2 and then add Cheese sandwich in for good measure. There is also the fact that they asked about the mechanics of my ability when as far as I know (and I only have 1 pm to look at) nobody has mechanics like "You swoop down in bat form and gently caress someone up". It's like they were asking questions as a gotcha. So would vote GG as well.

Soscannoballs is probably #3. They jumped on to vote me quickly after Amnistar's vote and then unvoted when the push stalled out. While latter posts have been "Oh yeah I feel like he's frustrated town" it's not like SOS pioneered that theory and it seems much like their vote and unvote they are jumping on a train where it goes.

I mean goddamn merk do you want me to make a loving Lumpen list or something? Those are my reads as of right now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

i wouldnt put it past cpig to do that, but the big thing that makes me doubt your theory is that he's incorporated a really simple and unambiguous way to avoid the danger, and from the sound of it he made it REALLY obvious that the item is bad, to anybody who knows the flavor.

the good thing about your theory, is that you have a pretty easy way to, at the very least, prove that you actually believe what you're saying. i would find the tone in your initial effortpost extremely weird if you have 0 influence, so im assuming you definitely have some. im also assuming we'll be told at some point if we receive influence. so all you have to do is send somebody your influence today, or send some to multiple people. and im fairly sure nobody else is confident enough to transfer influence this early, so by tomorrow we'll know if you believed yourself enough to transfer away your influence. and if not, i'll be forced to suspect you're scum

I mean, yeah, this post is scummy. Steak was joking before this and then jumped in headfirst happy to get as much information about the setup out from as many players as he could. I think a multiple scum team game makes this look scummier for sure.

##vote Steak but I am re-reading.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SalTheBard posted:

You keep saying this, but like...

HERE ARE SAL'S SCUM READS, A RESPONSE TO JON JOE

Amnistar - #1 with a bullet. Amnistar took an obvious joke post, twisted it around to imply I was saying something I wasn't and that pretty much started the chain. I also wasn't wild about this post from Amnistar either:

I pretty much said before the game that I was going to be voting for Steak D1 (this is a joke related to Awful Survivor that Amnistar, myself and Steak (and Sandwolf as well) played in. Steak was a thorn in Amnistar and I's side for the back half of the game (and directly lead to Amnistar getting voted out) so the fact that Amnistar would tag that post out of all of them to start poo poo is very curious to me.

Gumball Gumption - Wasn't even on my radar until they made this post:

It was like they looked at votefinder, decided to be suss on the top 2 and then add Cheese sandwich in for good measure. There is also the fact that they asked about the mechanics of my ability when as far as I know (and I only have 1 pm to look at) nobody has mechanics like "You swoop down in bat form and gently caress someone up". It's like they were asking questions as a gotcha. So would vote GG as well.

Soscannoballs is probably #3. They jumped on to vote me quickly after Amnistar's vote and then unvoted when the push stalled out. While latter posts have been "Oh yeah I feel like he's frustrated town" it's not like SOS pioneered that theory and it seems much like their vote and unvote they are jumping on a train where it goes.

I mean goddamn merk do you want me to make a loving Lumpen list or something? Those are my reads as of right now.

I honestly don't care anymore. I tossed you into the town bin and probably will glance over your posts for awhile. You did it if you're scum here; great job.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

I honestly don't care anymore. I tossed you into the town bin and probably will glance over your posts for awhile. You did it if you're scum here; great job.

Ok.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

But I am reading Amnistar now based on your stuff, so there's that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I apologize for not including you in the Survivor crew as well. You should also want to vote Steak!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The Sal "slip" that people gotchad on looks so stupid now that I've actually read the op.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

Don’t like this post

I see Merk’s point. I don’t know what to do about Sal but this most recent most

SalTheBard posted:

In Fate/Stay I made a huge mistake of appealing emotionally (although to be fair I was going through some poo poo) and I felt terrible about it afterwards. I can get fired up and emotional or whatever but I'm not going to use that to avoid being cuddled.

Really makes me think Sal is town, I’m getting similar vibes to the last time he was lunched as town.

Gonna unvote for now ##vote unvote

Will probably put a vote back on Tobbs

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d also vote steak but I can’t remember if disappearing this early was a symptom of his scum game or town game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who ended up winning the last Survivor where I was voted out elim 1 because all the jerks formed an alliance when I was at a lakehouse for a weekend?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SalTheBard posted:

to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The case against Amnistar is that he gotcha scum hunted on a flip and tried to argue about it being a great scum catch. He also happily dives into general mafia discussion whenever available (should we end the day early, etc.).

That's a pretty good case really. ##vote Amnistar

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

lol ##vote rarity

i'm re-reading steak and this vote is a stinker

there isn't much in the way of cases much either

So far I'd vote (in no particular order):

Byers - for the spec stuff that I felt was too earnest for a game of MAFIA
Tobbs - I didn't like the flip floppy suss between Sal and Sandwolf and gutread a tone of confidence I believe to be more natural for scum Tobbs
Steak - for that rarity vote and general lack of any good faith arguments about who is scum and why

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

Who ended up winning the last Survivor where I was voted out elim 1 because all the jerks formed an alliance when I was at a lakehouse for a weekend?

:cough: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925989&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=65#post506398755

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadline is in 8 ½ hours, that’s 11pm EST, so we’re all on the same page

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Sandwolf posted:

Deadline is in 8 ½ hours, that’s 11pm EST, so we’re all on the same page

It's 11:30

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

what’d I say

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

what’d I say

Sandwolf posted:

that’s 11pm EST

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Congrats! Well deserved in my limited interaction with the game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

lol

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will likely be asleep for deadline. I have the night shift tonight for my new baby which starts at 12a EDT, so I usually sleep 8p-12a.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

While you’re here whanna give us some reads

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

The case against Amnistar is that he gotcha scum hunted on a flip and tried to argue about it being a great scum catch. He also happily dives into general mafia discussion whenever available (should we end the day early, etc.).

That's a pretty good case really. ##vote Amnistar

I argued about ending the day early because I saw the execution I wanted slipping away because people were worried about the deadline.

Sal is likely to live through today now and I will 100% put the blame for that on people not wanting to end the date before the dealine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

nah i need to do like an hour of work then drive home but I'm planning on at the very least providing something a little later while I have dinner in the oven and before I get caught up playing CK again.