Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Good on them for not hiring from the same fuckin carousel of Old Boys, but Seattle must be devastated about Tallons firing

Bill Zito the long time player agent and (for the last decade or so) NHL assistant manager isn't part of the old boys club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Bill Zito the long time player agent and (for the last decade or so) NHL assistant manager isn't part of the old boys club?

Compared to the near endless cycle of current/recent NHL GMs and coaches that's drat near a breath of fresh air.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't get your own membership card to the club until you've been fired and then hired by a different team.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1301191502517989376

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

this means the Blues are serious about keeping Petro, and think highly enough of Ville Husso to bring him up as a full-time reserve

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Just remembered the devils hired Lindy Ruff. Lol.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As far as our records show, Jake Allen has never been a racist or misogynist on Twitter.

He's gotta go.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

15 million in the goalie position what up

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

stab posted:

15 million in the goalie position what up

Yeah not really sure what the incentive for Montreal is in this

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koopa Kid posted:

Price plays less.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

Price plays less, and Allen's contract expires next year, so gives Cayden Primeau a full year in the AHL

Edit: the Montreal backups have been real bad since Halak left

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ok yeah just checked and that’s definitely reminiscent of the Leafs backup situation before trading for Campbell. It’s a heck of a lot of cap for a backup though

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Why not just get a cheaper backup for free in a month?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

It's a good trade.

ThinkTank posted:

no

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

ThinkTank posted:

indeed

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Stiev Awt posted:

It's a good trade.

Why are the Montreal "99.99% chance of missing the playoffs except in COVID world where the league wanted them and Chicago around for a few games of TV revenue" Canadiens moving any picks for redundant assets right now?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Maybe they're finally trading Carey Price

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

i am the bird posted:

Maybe they're finally trading Carey Price

At $10.5m until 2026 when he'll be 39, that contract is grade A unmoveable.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

Right but what if you sweetened the deal with Max Domi

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1301208695783686145

stab
Feb 12, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

Why are the Montreal "99.99% chance of missing the playoffs except in COVID world where the league wanted them and Chicago around for a few games of TV revenue" Canadiens moving any picks for redundant assets right now?

Because we have 14 picks and we traded 2 picks that weren't even ours and we got a pick back in return as well?

And if they stink up the joint next year (they will), they can flip Allen at the deadline for the pick they just gave away?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

It's a good hire for the Pens, I won't pretend like I didn't want him out of Washington but he's a decent enough coach. Just a bit overmatched as HC.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Bergevin probably realized that Price being well rested meant he was a very good goaltender and moved to replace either of the backups that always let in 5 goals and end up having price play again

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

ThinkTank posted:

Maybe he's said he'd be willing to waive his NMC to go to Seattle? I get that SAS thinks him being overrated means his contract is complete negative value, but I think the Kraken would basically have to take him if he's available. Maybe he looked at Fleury in Vegas and is internally going "hold my beer".

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

mad boi vinny is gonna fire zito before year 3. count it

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Allen played really well this year and could turn in some quality starts fro the Habs. But there's no excuse to not get Pietrangelo signed now.

Also, happy that the Panthers didn't hire Bill Armstrong, allows the Blues to draft well for at least another year.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Allen played really well this year and could turn in some quality starts fro the Habs.

Yeah but he showed up Binnington so off to Montréal with him.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Allen has a year left and the Habs have cap room for him. They probably banking on Primeau taking a another year in the AHL before he's ready to be Price's backup (or usurp him as a starter lol)

It wouldn't make sense to sign one of the FA goalies to a contract because they're probably looking for more term and the Habs have a bunch of UFAs to re-sign at the end of next season as well.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The one non-zibanejad trade that still hurts :smith:

https://twitter.com/sleepenbaker/status/1300978219055820802?s=21

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Seems like a good trade for Montreal. They have the cap space and needed a backup goalie. Allen is really good, the guys they had were really bad. Price played 58 games in the shortened season, and with Allen, they can probably play him 50-55 games in a full season, which is ideal for a 33-year-old goalie.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

The Dirty Burger posted:

The one non-zibanejad trade that still hurts :smith:

Do you still wake up screaming from the Zibanejad trade?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

:shrug:

I guess this is alright. Who the gently caress knows with assistant coaches.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Yeah Montreal is ready to pay for a backup after years of checking the bargain bin and getting guys like Keith Kincaid, Antti Niemi, and Ben Scrivens.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/HFXMooseheads/status/1300903246735736834

behold the first bobby orr to be shunned in the city of Boston

:golfclap:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

For some reason I thought Montreal was tighter to the cap but they've got $14 million and only a Domi to sign.
Though the next off-season they get turbofucked with a UFA deluge and are faced with the ever awful prospect of signing a (tiny) 30 year-old powerforward to a closeout contract

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

For some reason I thought Montreal was tighter to the cap but they've got $14 million and only a Domi to sign.
Though the next off-season they get turbofucked with a UFA deluge and are faced with the ever awful prospect of signing a (tiny) 30 year-old powerforward to a closeout contract

I'd like them to at the very least keep Danault, Lehkonen, and Armia. Gallagher is a no brainer but is probably gonna want big $$$ and term. Petry and Tatar might be dealt at the deadline depending where the team is at that point and whether or not they want to make a playoff push.

I think Domi is getting packaged and dealt this summer fall. He's shown he has no consistency and doesn't really deserve a big contract that he undoubtedly wants and this is the end of his bridge contract. He'd be hard pressed to ask for more than 5.

The only other player of note left to sign is Mete this season.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sure seems that way

quote:

Domi has now fired his agent, Pat Brisson, who is very close friends to Habs GM, Marc Bergevin. His dad Tie, is apparently trying to get his close buddy Mario Lemieux in Pittsburgh to influence a trade, and it's reported the Pens and Habs have held discussions. Domi has also taken down 'Montreal Canadiens' from all of his social media accounts.

I like the idea of Tie Domi and Mario Lemieux palling around :unsmith:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/OtherNHLCrosby/status/1301203119112687617?s=20

Fire Reirden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Pittsburgh really going all in on defending Jack Johnson for some odd reason

"Ok we'll hire you but first you need to put out a statement about Jack Johnson"