Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

I'm town and also im really sexy

Wrong account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bourbon chat: I have a bottle of bourbon my BIL gave me as a groomsman gift at his wedding that I have yet to open. My sister married him 3.5 years ago.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Mr. Humalong posted:

Bourbon chat: I have a bottle of bourbon my BIL gave me as a groomsman gift at his wedding that I have yet to open. My sister married him 3.5 years ago.

Bring it when you move to AU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

I’m waiting to see how hosed this country is come November. Frantically bolstering my programming portfolio in preparation. Surely someone in AU would hire a guy with a few years of C# and Python experience.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m waiting to see how hosed this country is come November. Frantically bolstering my programming portfolio in preparation. Surely someone in AU would hire a guy with a few years of C# and Python experience.

take me with you if cheeto man prevails

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I only have so many extra rooms

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Tommunist posted:

I have been investigating what it would take to get a work visa...

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tommunist posted:

I only have so many extra rooms

i will live in a funnel web infested pit if i have to

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Rarity posted:

Going back over Byers now

So there are three things in this post I want to address. First, you can't honestly case me for a dishonest case I did not honestly make. Second, my point about that Sal case isn't that I agree with it, it's that it's the only good case put forward on Sal. The rest are bad/lazy. Third, you missed my point completely on Steak; the way he positioned himself was to ask for influence and try to bully me out of it, while looking good to town. Hell, look at what he did when I pressured him; he threw his Influence at me publicly to prove how little it meant to him. That's a clear scum mentality, public appearance concerns and selfish intentions.

Beyond that, not a bad post, just wrong.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

Can someone be prepared to help me select a bourbon at a happy hour I am attending in approximately ten minutes?

I'm sad I missed bourbon talk; Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace are the two mainstays in my bar rotation right now.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

reread Byers. I could very much see him as scum making an effort at hunting an alternative scum team - that Byers was the first to bring it up is notable, to me. I don't have a problem with the logic - in fact, I agree - but I think he wanted everyone to get used to the idea to make it easier for him to scumhunt

this post in particular pings me the hardest. I agree full-sale with rarity's read on it,

##vote Byers

Mentioned in the response to Rarity, I'm commenting that it's the first case on Sal that isn't bad, not agreeing with the scum call. Basically, I like the mentality that went into the case, disagree with the result.

Betond that, I would point out that scum hunting another team and town hunting scum look the same, which was kinda the whole point when I brought it up. Loom at mentality behind posts, like I am with Steak, because scum can scumhunt.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

i will live in a funnel web infested pit if i have to

don't ever volunteer to live in Sydney

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

So if I limit myself to the people with more than 1 vote, currently I know I'm town, I read Sal as frustrated town, I read Steak as scum and wish more people would, and have Rarity and Anmi in the wishy-washy area.

I disagree with the "high volume, no content" type label being put on Rarity; I just think she's wrong in a lot of her posting, and I don't know if it's bad reads or purposeful manipulation of cases.

Amni it comes down if town Amni would pursue Sal and stick to the scumslip like this. And yes, I think he would; I feel like I've seen Amni stick to things like this, well past the logical end, before.

I want to keep pushing Steak, would rather vote Rarity than Amni I think, and would vote Sal over myself. That's my thought process heading into tonight.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
five hours left folks :blastu: are we killing tobbs or what

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

The man with zero votes? Probably not, unless you can vig.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

I'm happy to switch to Tobbs if there's more traction there than Byers

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I have a vig I can use on Tobbs if everyone takes a vote and puts it on him until there's just 11 votes on him.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I have a vig I can use on Tobbs if everyone takes a vote and puts it on him until there's just 11 votes on him.

Ok, that made me laugh.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I don’t really see the Tobbs case. I think Steak disappearing from the game after making such a big production on D1 is strange and would be ok voting him today.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
On the one hand I too don't like that steak just straight up vanished
On the other hand I feel like the following scenario is what's going to happen:
"oh well I guess every can lazily agree steak is better than nobody"
"1 hour left get your votes in"
*steak is executed, flips town*
"okay time for day 1 redux"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

tpink posted:

I don’t really see the Tobbs case. I think Steak disappearing from the game after making such a big production on D1 is strange and would be ok voting him today.

I'm not going to say Steak couldn't be scum but I do feel bad for him and wanna play some more with him.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
i hate day 1

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not going to say Steak couldn't be scum but I do feel bad for him and wanna play some more with him.

Jon Joe posted:

i hate day 1

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

On the one hand I too don't like that steak just straight up vanished
On the other hand I feel like the following scenario is what's going to happen:
"oh well I guess every can lazily agree steak is better than nobody"
"1 hour left get your votes in"
*steak is executed, flips town*
"okay time for day 1 redux"

So would I be safe if I just stopped posting and then disappeared while under suspicion? Should I be?

No offense, but that argument could at a stretch apply to all five of the top vote getters right now.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

So would I be safe if I just stopped posting and then disappeared while under suspicion? Should I be?

No offense, but that argument could at a stretch apply to all five of the top vote getters right now.

...what?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Toalpaz posted:

Then kill obvious scum Sal. I will poo poo my pants if he flips town.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
im primarily expressing my tiredness and frustration with this game, my recognition of patterns that have played out on day 1 before, and my hatred for day 1s in general

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Then kill obvious scum Sal. I will poo poo my pants if he flips town.

Before anyone thinks this is worth anything, Tobbs is infamous for his pants-making GBS threads kink

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

Before anyone thinks this is worth anything, Tobbs is infamous for his pants-making GBS threads kink

lol

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I will admit that I've had some unforgettable sharts

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Second time writing this stupid post because I accidentally deleted it the first time like a dipshit.

Sandwolf: Aggressive tonally, appreciate and agree with the notion that worry about scum specifics is far less important than just going out an finding scum. Nearly always quotes what posts he is responding to and it's a god send, so easy to read. Seems consistent and I think most of my issues are tone-based more than anything else. Good town read.

Tommunist: Think some of my pings may have been from general posting style than anything else. Largely consistent in thinking that scum is Rarity, steak, bminus and sal and has said that a bunch of times maybe not as hard of a town read as Sandwolf but probably a weak town read if I had to give it some sort of rating.

Amnistar: Appreciate the guidance on setting up pronouns in Votefinder. The entire Sal situation sets off my scum-dar pretty hard. Amni either deliberately misunderstands Sal making a joke post or entirely missed that there was a joke there, but either way repeatedly doubles down saying that Sal identified or positioned himself as a Vampire. I just can not support or understand that reading. Pinged pretty hard by the "saw the execution I wanted slipping away" post as well. Feels decently scummy and would feel fine jumping off Rarity for if the winds went that way.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm in the UK so I need to go to bed and I'm not gonna be here for deadline so I guess my vote's staying on Byers. For the record my feelings on the votes on me are:

DGK - voting me cause I'm not playing exactly the same way as I did in our last game, ignoring all the other various factors that can influence this besides my alignment, dumb case but probably town based on the rest of his posting

tpink - I already think he's scum

Steak - I have no idea why he's voting me so I have no read on this vote

SNU - voting me for not having any reads, ignoring all the various reads I've dropped over this game while barely doing any work himself, poo poo vote and a poo poo case and he's my forums bestie so he should know me better than this. If I do get lynched today then look at this tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions I'll be around for another 10 minutes or so

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

...what?

I'm pointing out that your logic penalizes people who post, and in the end is bad logic. Several people have commented on Steak, there were early interactions with people, there are reads to be made post flip. If his flip would lead to D1 redux, so would all of our flips. A true null read flip would be someone like cheese.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

SNU - voting me for not having any reads, ignoring all the various reads I've dropped over this game while barely doing any work himself, poo poo vote and a poo poo case and he's my forums bestie so he should know me better than this. If I do get lynched today then look at this tomorrow.

SNU dropped a post while I was writing this but I stand by the overall point here

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

If anyone has any questions I'll be around for another 10 minutes or so

How have you been recently, anyway. We didn't get much chance to talk, what with the scum cases and all.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

SNU dropped a post while I was writing this but I stand by the overall point here

i was going to quote that part and my post and just do 15 question marks if you didn't fix it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

How have you been recently, anyway. We didn't get much chance to talk, what with the scum cases and all.

Ask me when mafia isn't pissing me off

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Ask me when mafia isn't pissing me off

Deal; sorry if I'm part of pissing you off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
general mafia thoughts for a second: i think for town to function as an effective unit it needs to work together towards consensus foremost, which means identifying people you can solidly trust and exchanging a lot of good will that can be pretty difficult when you know both A) there are people absolutely not operating in good will, and B) people are probably going to be aggressive towards you if they suspect you, or even disagree with you. im not going to pretend like im the most effective person at doing this either but in general what im trying to do is take a lot of steps back and listen to what people are saying, even if im suspicious of them. as for people not suspicious towards it helps to try to work directly with this (its here I have the most problem, I feel)

now back to our game:

Byers2142 posted:

I'm pointing out that your logic penalizes people who post, and in the end is bad logic. Several people have commented on Steak, there were early interactions with people, there are reads to be made post flip. If his flip would lead to D1 redux, so would all of our flips. A true null read flip would be someone like cheese.

I see. I disagree and I think steak's flip would not tell us very much.